Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

I'm trying to wrap my head around this poo poo for the Corpus and Grineer with my Grakata.

I'm thinking Magnetic for Corpus and Corrosive for Grineer. I'd like to bump up the DPS with secondary combined elements though.

So how do these sound? I have no idea what I'm doing.

Grineer: Corrosive + Blast
Corpus: Magnetic + Gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Is fitting a single elemental mod on a weapon with low status chance a good idea? If I have for example fire+ice slotted, will I be doing fire+ice damage every hit along with the very seldom blast proc?

Or am I just doing blast damage with every hit and it is more than just a proc that happens once in a while?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Haerc posted:

Is fitting a single elemental mod on a weapon with low status chance a good idea? If I have for example fire+ice slotted, will I be doing fire+ice damage every hit along with the very seldom blast proc?

Or am I just doing blast damage with every hit and it is more than just a proc that happens once in a while?
The latter. You'll do blast damage with every hit, the proc (AOE knockdown, in this case) is separate and based on your status chance.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fookolt posted:

I'm trying to wrap my head around this poo poo for the Corpus and Grineer with my Grakata.

I'm thinking Magnetic for Corpus and Corrosive for Grineer. I'd like to bump up the DPS with secondary combined elements though.

It may be slightly out of date but MisterOblivious posted an extremely useful guide here that tells you the best combination for however many mod-slots you have available to use: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585612&pagenumber=44&perpage=40#post422874061

It more or less boils down to:
One element available? Fire.
Two elements available? Corrosive (or blast if you don't have a poison element).
Three? Corrosive (or magnetic if you don't have a poison element) plus fire.
Above? Corrosive plus blast.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

fookolt posted:

If you've modded for Magnetic or Corrosive, the only second combined elements you can mod on are the ones you've listed. That setup is good if you're going for status effects (since it's the Grakata); Gas is decent for Corpus, and Blast is good for knocking down heavy Grineer. However, if you're going more for damage I'd recommend replacing both with Heat using both mods (Hellfire and Wildfire).

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
Thanks for both your suggestions! That is super helpful.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Thanks for posting the table, or I wouldn't have known that they stealth updated the damage YET AGAIN to make gas effective vs light infested again.

I wish they would be more visible about these changes.

Quincy80
Jul 3, 2012
I posted "ha, I'd sell my Vermillion for 100 plat" in trade chat after some one made a ridiculous asking price.
Then a pubbie messages me for it and I do the trade as fast as possible.

Guess he was to busy to read the people offering it for 35-40 plat.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
There's a special exception to the normal damage rules for Corpus enemies. That exception is that Toxin damage ignore shields. So if you're going to fight Corpus, slot Toxin damage and then you're done. You can technically get more damage with 4 elemental mods, but it's really not worth it. Because that's 3 mod slots and however much capacity to barely improve over ignoring shields. Use the mod capacity on all the fun gimmicky mods instead.

However, Corpus bosses have special super shields that block toxin damage. So if you're fighting Corpus bosses, you should still use a full set of elements.

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.
I've had fun shooting and slicing things for a few hours but it seems like 1/3 of my missions I draw a vomit-inducing color palette for the area. Things look REALLY bland and horrible with a weird burgundy/brownish hue. Anyone else have an issue like this?

edit: Is there a faster way to level up swords/secondary weapons? They seem to lag behind the primary quite a bit.

Proposition Castle fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 21, 2013

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Proposition Castle posted:

I've had fun shooting and slicing things for a few hours but it seems like 1/3 of my missions I draw a vomit-inducing color palette for the area. Things look REALLY bland and horrible with a weird burgundy/brownish hue. Anyone else have an issue like this?
It's by design, missions can have a variety of different visual filters applied. Some of them are kind of hideous/over-saturated. You can disable them by turning off color correction in the video options.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Yeah it cycles through a bunch of lightspaces for variety but some are eyesearing. Turning off Color Correction in settings might help.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I crafted the Boltor as a switch to my burston when it hit the top level. I'm not in love with it. Any mod recommendations? Besides serration of course.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

seiferguy posted:

I crafted the Boltor as a switch to my burston when it hit the top level. I'm not in love with it. Any mod recommendations? Besides serration of course.

I like putting speed trigger on it

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Split chamber too, of course. Also magnetic damage to make up for its deficiencies against shields. Of course if you do that, you can't use Blast damage for the glorious 40k-ness.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I wish they'd either make the tigris blow both barrels per shot and have to reload ala Doom 2 or just fire one barrel per click. This "fire one barrel on downclick, one on release" is just... odd.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

seiferguy posted:

Might think about ammo, because it chews through it.

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

edit: Is there a faster way to level up swords/secondary weapons? They seem to lag behind the primary quite a bit.
You might be getting the same issue I was getting where the piss yellow tint from the scanner was getting stuck on permanently when I would switch away from it. The next time you see it, try switching to the scanner without zooming in and see if it goes away.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
What's the best planet/mission to get Neurodes or are they just that rare?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Tokubetsu posted:

What's the best planet/mission to get Neurodes or are they just that rare?

Vey Hek is the best I've found.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
So wait, are the points for the latest event accumulative or do you NEED to have four people with the really good anti-toxins?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Jetamo posted:

So wait, are the points for the latest event accumulative or do you NEED to have four people with the really good anti-toxins?

It's not cumulative, you have to have 4 people with the Lapis or 1 person with Vermilion to hit 100 points.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Enter Char posted:

Vey Hek is the best I've found.

Ah okay thats what i was doing after some google fu. Enjoying this paris bow and I just got some blueprints for a new one called "Dread"? from another mission. Still trying to get another drat neurode though.

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.
Where does the Split chamber mod drop? I haven't come across any and I'm just about rank 5 now and would like to get working on one.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Gotta say, having to wait a day for a weapon to get built kinda blows =/

That seven dollar amazon plat pack kinda tempting.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah, 6 months ago when I played on PC I would have never considered buying Platinum for this, but drat if DE didn't polish the poo poo out of it and add a lot of nuance and stuff to look forward to that I'm really debating hitting up the PSN sale so I can get alternate helmets and more colors and crap. A large part of it is probably just that now I can play with my buddies, so it's not all solo grinding and bashing my head against the wall with pubbies.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I have Ice Storm, Convulsion, Deep Freeze, and Heated Charge. Is there a way I can combine them to get Blast + Magnetic, or will both Ice Storm and Deep Freeze always combine to just make it either a more powerful Magnetic + Fire or Blast + Elec?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'd like to be able to keep my login streak up while I traveling this week, but all I have is a netbook, and the launcher says my video card isn't supported. Is there any way to force the game to run anyway?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

hooah posted:

I'd like to be able to keep my login streak up while I traveling this week, but all I have is a netbook, and the launcher says my video card isn't supported. Is there any way to force the game to run anyway?

Set up remote access on your normal PC?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Am I missing anything by skipping this event? Work is super busy right now and I haven't really had time for space ninjitsu.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Harrower posted:

Am I missing anything by skipping this event? Work is super busy right now and I haven't really had time for space ninjitsu.

If you manage to pull off a 50 point run you get mods for each weapon type that add toxin damage, which leads to corrosive damage, so that's nice if you're missing the regular ones.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Harrower posted:

Wraith Twin Vipers and a couple mods you'll probably be able to get from Nightmare. If you really want the guns you find a little time in the next two weeks, buy antitoxin on the trade channel, and get the top reward in a single 30-minute mission.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
When i am done with my 100% antitoxin, can i drag 3 others with me and give them 100% too?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yes you can.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Great, will be doing that when i am done with it then, unless we really want to go for the clan rewards(I am on the PC). :)

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Noir89 posted:

Great, will be doing that when i am done with it then, unless we really want to go for the clan rewards(I am on the PC). :)
Nobody gives a poo poo about a statue, get folks their Vipers.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Helter Skelter posted:

Now, if we could plaster the actual plants all over the dojo, that's a different story.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fish Noise posted:

Now, if we could plaster the actual plants all over the dojo, that's a different story.

The Cicero Crisis, or How The Tenno Learned To Use A Grow Lamp

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Male Man posted:

Wraith Twin Vipers and a couple mods you'll probably be able to get from Nightmare. If you really want the guns you find a little time in the next two weeks, buy antitoxin on the trade channel, and get the top reward in a single 30-minute mission.

Wraith twin vipers would be nice, but :effort:

Thanks for the replies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

Figured as much, will be announcing a free-poo poo run tomorrow when i got the antitoxin done then(hopefully i get the moonshine leaf-things faster than the sunshine ones :v:)!