Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hcreight posted:

Screw that. If I have to watch the concrete blowjob episode, then everyone has to watch the concrete blowjob episode.

N-no I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone. We bear that burden so others don't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
The concrete blowjob episode isn't even interestingly bad. It's just a mediocre episode that skirts turning into an interesting episode for 95% of its run time, then it includes one bad joke at the end. It's not a good episode that just happens to have one bad joke, or an episode that's so bad all throughout that it's worth watching.

What I'm saying is, see if you can find the blowjob joke on YouTube, to satisfy your curiosity (and to serve as a nice contrast when you watch the awesome stuff), then skip the rest of the episode.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The initial premise of the episode--a conspiracy theory group forming about The Doctor--wasn't bad. But making a Doctor Who episode that features very little of the Doctor himself is generally a bad idea.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

hcreight posted:

But making a Doctor Who episode that features very little of the Doctor himself is generally a bad idea.

Bahahahahaha...

Blink

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hcreight posted:

The initial premise of the episode--a conspiracy theory group forming about The Doctor--wasn't bad. But making a Doctor Who episode that features very little of the Doctor himself is generally a bad idea.

You mean an episode like Blink or Turn Left? I understand the reason for them since the actors need a break since the Doctor and his companion are in 90% of the scenes.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Fine, I stand corrected. Concrete blowjob episode is still boring as gently caress though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hcreight posted:

Fine, I stand corrected. Concrete blowjob episode is still boring as gently caress though.

It is a bad and stupid episode that was ruined by having to use the Blue Peter contest winner's monster, the awful actor to portray him, and the blowjob joke at the end. However, it is still better than Fear Her

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

hcreight posted:

It's widely assumed to be an allegory for Doctor Who fandom; a group of misfits brought together by their shared interest in the Doctor who just want to have a good time, until their little group is commandeered by a fat idiot who (literally) sucks all the life out of the enterprise (and is probably based on Ian Levine).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry to interrupt the Who-chat, but the GF and I just finished watching season 4 of Breaking Bad and wow. Can't wait to start season 5, but I want to read a guide or something to the second half when thing where building to the final episode. I also don't want to have anything spoiled for the final season (amazingly, I haven't had anything spoiled so far) - can anyone point me to a non-spoilered episode guide for season 4? I am pretty scared of 'just Googling it' and having a bunch of stuff pop up on the search results page.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

Sorry to interrupt the Who-chat, but the GF and I just finished watching season 4 of Breaking Bad and wow. Can't wait to start season 5, but I want to read a guide or something to the second half when thing where building to the final episode. I also don't want to have anything spoiled for the final season (amazingly, I haven't had anything spoiled so far) - can anyone point me to a non-spoilered episode guide for season 4? I am pretty scared of 'just Googling it' and having a bunch of stuff pop up on the search results page.

Care to edit up that text? I don't think anyone has an idea on what you are asking for.

On topic, I've begun watching Farscape on Netflix and while I've bought into the low-budgetness of it, my biggest gripe is actually Netflix's ordering. It's the same problem Firefly has in that Netflix lists by airing date when pretty much all the fan/review sites advise to go by production order. And it continues into season 2 as Netflix's first season 2 episode is actually the fifth or sixth produced episode. Really frustrating but I'm pleasantly surprised by how well I've become attached to these characters.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Thwomp posted:

Care to edit up that text? I don't think anyone has an idea on what you are asking for.

I'm looking for an episode guide for Breaking Bad season 4 that has zero season 5 spoilers.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Thwomp posted:

On topic, I've begun watching Farscape on Netflix and while I've bought into the low-budgetness of it, my biggest gripe is actually Netflix's ordering. It's the same problem Firefly has in that Netflix lists by airing date when pretty much all the fan/review sites advise to go by production order. And it continues into season 2 as Netflix's first season 2 episode is actually the fifth or sixth produced episode. Really frustrating but I'm pleasantly surprised by how well I've become attached to these characters.

Is that a problem? I'm going through it now and it took a bit but from about ep 7 it gets good imo.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I've been watching Supernatural, I'm near the end and it's getting pretty good. The episode with the werewolf that asks Sam to kill her made me feel emotions. The Hollywood episode was pretty funny, though.

art of spoonbending
Jun 18, 2005

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

I'm looking for an episode guide for Breaking Bad season 4 that has zero season 5 spoilers.

You've already watched it right? What do you need a guide for? Anyway if you have archives you can go back to 2011 TVIV and read that thread I guess. I actually bought archives back in the day so I could read the first 2 seasons of the Deadwood threads haha. But that was when you could actually search. Maybe you can again I don't know. Good luck! One of the best shows ever, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

You could always ask questions in here if you have any.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Kraps posted:

Is that a problem? I'm going through it now and it took a bit but from about ep 7 it gets good imo.

Oh I'm not complaining about the quality of the show. It for sure picks up after episode 7. I'm just groaning about Netflix's organization of the episodes.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

art of spoonbending posted:

You've already watched it right? What do you need a guide for? Anyway if you have archives you can go back to 2011 TVIV and read that thread I guess. I actually bought archives back in the day so I could read the first 2 seasons of the Deadwood threads haha. But that was when you could actually search. Maybe you can again I don't know. Good luck! One of the best shows ever, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

You could always ask questions in here if you have any.

Thanks for helping! Yeah we just finished season 4, I guess I'm looking more for an analysis of the season to see where Walt started the manipulations that led to the final episode. I took a chance and Googled for an episode guide (I wanted to save time rewatching all the shows again) but will check out archives of TVIV I guess, just to see answers to some of the general questions I have (I'm sure any questions I have will have been answered somehwere, and smarter folks than me will ask questions that I haven't thought of). Basically I just want to know more about the season and am paranoid of hitting spoilers.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I guess I'll be that guy. The girlfriend and I just gave up on Breaking Bad. I was told to come back and give my impressions so here we go. We made it to season 4 episode 2 and we both hate it. It is just non stop boredom and then ten minutes of something worthwhile. The mom is horrible, the son is horrible, the sister in-law is horrible. Basically 70% of the screen time is dedicated to poo poo I really don't care about. It's just trudging through a bunch of lame trope-filled BS until something cool happens. Bob Odenkirk is one of the only highlights of the entire show for me. I'm giving up on Breaking Bad. I just don't care what even happens. It's not the actor, but the plot. I think everything that has happened in the first 3 seasons could have been condensed down to one awesome season.

I feel like people like Breaking Bad for the little cool moments. For me, that's not enough. I'm utterly bored to death by it.

Here's a cross post from the UK thread:

Misfits - Great show. It just recently ended and I've loved almost every moment of it. I thought there were only two bad episodes for the entire run, many average, and some amazing. If you tuned out when Nathan left then you are a twat. Joe Gilgun knocked it out of the park as Rudy. The ability to let me know which character he is by just looking at his face and his demeanor is great. I wouldn't mind seeing him in more things in the future. I never watched Ripper Street but seeing that it's cancelled probably isn't a good time to get into it.

The Wrong Mans - Another great show! Like Whitehall, you Brits hate on James Corden a lot, but I only know him as Craig from Doctor Who so he's alright in my book. If you haven't checked out The Wrong Mans and like spy action/comedy then you probably should. It doesn't play the action completely straight and it doesn't completely mock the genre they are in either so the show ends up feeling like North by Northwest meets The Man Who Knew Too Little. It's just six episodes and it was strong enough that it probably could have been released as a movie if it was reedited.

Yonderland - This show is horrible and yet I keep watching it! A parody fantasy spoof show? Yes please. Some of the gags in this work great and others fall flat on their face. I guess to me it's worth sitting through the groaners to get to the good stuff. What confuses me is who is the target audience for Yonderland? It looks like a kids show with it Henson-esque puppetry, but has adult humor throughout the entire thing. It's very strange and I'm glad it exists.

Toast of London - YES I CAN HEAR YOU CLEM FANDANGO! Matt Berry is hilarious. Darkplace, The Mighty Boosh, The It Crowd and now this. The only thing I didn't care for too much was Snuff Box, but maybe I should give it another try after flying through Toast. I'd like to see a second series of ToL.

Hello Ladies - Ok this is technically not a British show, but it is created by Stephen Merchant so I'm talking about it. Merchant and Gervais have awkward comedy down to a pat. I know Gervais isn't involved here, but I feel the same awkwardness while watching Merchant in Hello Ladies as I did in the original The Office. It's basically a giant nerdy douche bag trying to make a connection with a woman each episode and it works. I don't know if I should like/hate Merchant's character or feel bad for him.

Dirk Gently - Brilliant. I know this is old, but I only recently found out that it existed from this thread. It was great. Dirk comes off as an poor man's Sherlock. I now want a Dirk/Sherlock cross over where we get a scene of Watson and MacDuff getting acquainted while bitching about their partners. Why are there not more of these (and you aren't allowed to quote me saying I recently found out that it existed as an answer)?

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 18, 2013

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Thwomp posted:

Oh I'm not complaining about the quality of the show. It for sure picks up after episode 7. I'm just groaning about Netflix's organization of the episodes.

Oh wow, it's not noticeable in S1 but the second episode of S2 is the 2nd half of the 2-parter that begins in the last ep of S1 :wtc:

Kraps fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 19, 2013

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

krushgroove posted:

Thanks for helping! Yeah we just finished season 4, I guess I'm looking more for an analysis of the season to see where Walt started the manipulations that led to the final episode. I took a chance and Googled for an episode guide (I wanted to save time rewatching all the shows again) but will check out archives of TVIV I guess, just to see answers to some of the general questions I have (I'm sure any questions I have will have been answered somehwere, and smarter folks than me will ask questions that I haven't thought of). Basically I just want to know more about the season and am paranoid of hitting spoilers.

The Onion AV Club does write-ups of every episode (or rather did, in Breaking Bad's case) that are usually pretty good guides to the episodes, though they focus more on analysis. From your questions, though, it seems like the kind of thing you're looking for.

P.S. the concrete blowjob scene is the only Who I've seen. I feel fairly safe staying clear of it.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:
Man, I wish I'd saved all of Breaking Bad for now. I'm on winter vacation and I've run out of stuff to binge. Things I like: American Horror Story, Nip/Tuck, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under, Hannibal--as far as darker shows go, and I really like those kind. Any suggestions? I tried Supernatural but couldn't get into it at all.

Hannibal season 1 was pretty excellent for being a cable tv show. I was disappointed to learn that only a season 1 has been shot so far. Anyone know anything about Bates Motel?

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

whatshesaid posted:

Man, I wish I'd saved all of Breaking Bad for now. I'm on winter vacation and I've run out of stuff to binge. Things I like: American Horror Story, Nip/Tuck, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under, Hannibal--as far as darker shows go, and I really like those kind. Any suggestions? I tried Supernatural but couldn't get into it at all.

Hannibal season 1 was pretty excellent for being a cable tv show. I was disappointed to learn that only a season 1 has been shot so far. Anyone know anything about Bates Motel?

Hannibal is on NBC.

If you like darker shows, you've got to try Carnivale.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

whatshesaid posted:

Orphan Black (BBC America I think), Utopia (BBC), Misfits (BBC I think, just finished its final season), and Banshee (Cinemax, season 2 starts in Jan) are all awesome and totally binge worthy. So is Black Mirror (Channel 4 in the UK), and there are only 6 episodes but I haven't seen them all. And my personal favorite, Rectify (Sundance, only 6 episodes in season 1).

Edit: I definitely can't leave out Luther (BBC, available on Netflix); Idris Elba as a genius detective what else needs to be said

isaboo fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 19, 2013

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

whatshesaid posted:

I thought Bates Motel was pretty awesome, Norma and Norman were both excellent and they really nailed the creepy relationship between them. Season 2 starts in March apparently.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
Excellent, thanks! I think I'll give Bates Motel a shot first.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Binging on Veronica Mars right now, 0.5 seasons left. Somehow season 3 feels not nearly as awesome as season 1&2, I hope it gets better and that the movie rocks. Also why are all season long mysteries about rape/statutory rape/sexual abuse of children?

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

Binging on Veronica Mars right now, 0.5 seasons left. Somehow season 3 feels not nearly as awesome as season 1&2, I hope it gets better and that the movie rocks. Also why are all season long mysteries about rape/statutory rape/sexual abuse of children?

Season 3 was sadly not as awesome as the first two, though it was still pretty much better than most other series.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Chamberk posted:

The Onion AV Club does write-ups of every episode (or rather did, in Breaking Bad's case) that are usually pretty good guides to the episodes, though they focus more on analysis. From your questions, though, it seems like the kind of thing you're looking for.

Thanks - the AV Club was almost exactly what I was looking for! Very helpful.

Also, I finally finished the first season of Justified, it did definitely get MUCH better! Glad I stuck with it.

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer

SymfonyMan posted:

I guess I'll be that guy. The girlfriend and I just gave up on Breaking Bad. I was told to come back and give my impressions so here we go. We made it to season 4 episode 2 and we both hate it. It is just non stop boredom and then ten minutes of something worthwhile. The mom is horrible, the son is horrible, the sister in-law is horrible. Basically 70% of the screen time is dedicated to poo poo I really don't care about. It's just trudging through a bunch of lame trope-filled BS until something cool happens. Bob Odenkirk is one of the only highlights of the entire show for me. I'm giving up on Breaking Bad. I just don't care what even happens. It's not the actor, but the plot. I think everything that has happened in the first 3 seasons could have been condensed down to one awesome season.

I feel like people like Breaking Bad for the little cool moments. For me, that's not enough. I'm utterly bored to death by it.

Here's a cross post from the UK thread:

Misfits - Great show. It just recently ended and I've loved almost every moment of it. I thought there were only two bad episodes for the entire run, many average, and some amazing. If you tuned out when Nathan left then you are a twat. Joe Gilgun knocked it out of the park as Rudy. The ability to let me know which character he is by just looking at his face and his demeanor is great. I wouldn't mind seeing him in more things in the future. I never watched Ripper Street but seeing that it's cancelled probably isn't a good time to get into it.

The Wrong Mans - Another great show! Like Whitehall, you Brits hate on James Corden a lot, but I only know him as Craig from Doctor Who so he's alright in my book. If you haven't checked out The Wrong Mans and like spy action/comedy then you probably should. It doesn't play the action completely straight and it doesn't completely mock the genre they are in either so the show ends up feeling like North by Northwest meets The Man Who Knew Too Little. It's just six episodes and it was strong enough that it probably could have been released as a movie if it was reedited.

Yonderland - This show is horrible and yet I keep watching it! A parody fantasy spoof show? Yes please. Some of the gags in this work great and others fall flat on their face. I guess to me it's worth sitting through the groaners to get to the good stuff. What confuses me is who is the target audience for Yonderland? It looks like a kids show with it Henson-esque puppetry, but has adult humor throughout the entire thing. It's very strange and I'm glad it exists.

Toast of London - YES I CAN HEAR YOU CLEM FANDANGO! Matt Berry is hilarious. Darkplace, The Mighty Boosh, The It Crowd and now this. The only thing I didn't care for too much was Snuff Box, but maybe I should give it another try after flying through Toast. I'd like to see a second series of ToL.

Hello Ladies - Ok this is technically not a British show, but it is created by Stephen Merchant so I'm talking about it. Merchant and Gervais have awkward comedy down to a pat. I know Gervais isn't involved here, but I feel the same awkwardness while watching Merchant in Hello Ladies as I did in the original The Office. It's basically a giant nerdy douche bag trying to make a connection with a woman each episode and it works. I don't know if I should like/hate Merchant's character or feel bad for him.

Dirk Gently - Brilliant. I know this is old, but I only recently found out that it existed from this thread. It was great. Dirk comes off as an poor man's Sherlock. I now want a Dirk/Sherlock cross over where we get a scene of Watson and MacDuff getting acquainted while bitching about their partners. Why are there not more of these (and you aren't allowed to quote me saying I recently found out that it existed as an answer)?

I agree with you on Breaking Bad however i did manage to get to Season 5 episode 1 before i completely lost interest by finding something better to watch.. I will enjoy seeing Saul have his own spin-off show though. It is a show that has its moments but there is too much of these frustrating character traits and long silences and panning shots of not much at all. I will probably get back to it at some stage just to finish it off, but i am not finding the motivation.

Also thank-you for bringing an update on UK shows to this thread, i have tried to follow the UK thread but it is difficult and i am usually a big fan of anything from the UK especially comedies which i usually dont find out about until they have finished airing. What do people here think of Bad Education as i have heard people be pretty negative on it but its one of my favorites.

I have been watching through Outrageous Fortune which is a NZ show about a crime family that tries to go straight, it flew under the radar for me when it was actually airing, but at the moment i cant get enough of it. Just the right amounts of Humor and Drama and tension to keep me interested.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

That's quite freaky. I just bought the box set for myself last weekend with an eye to binging it.
I haven't seen it since I lived with my sister. Couldn't get enough of it then, so I'm hoping it holds up a few years down the line. I remember it being pretty drat witty and interesting.

quote:

I have been watching through Outrageous Fortune which is a NZ show about a crime family that tries to go straight, it flew under the radar for me when it was actually airing, but at the moment i cant get enough of it. Just the right amounts of Humor and Drama and tension to keep me interested.

This is by far one of the best things to come out of this country.
If you enjoy Outrageous Fortune, try getting into Nothing Trivial which just finished its final season start of this month. While it sucks that it got canned, it's still a pretty good replacement if you're left feeling empty once you finish Outrageous.

edit: Fixed something

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I'm halfway through the last season of Six Feet Under and holy poo poo, I wish I'd found this show sooner. It's up there with the very best shows I've watched but nothing else I've seen has such deep and well-written characters. Every single one of them is so human and believable, flawed but still likable or at least relatable. I've been on everyone's side at some point, and thought they were being a dick at others, but could always sympathize with both sides.

I don't think I could find a bad word to say about the show if I tried. They've only used one song from Arcade Fire's album Funeral I guess? The show and the album are so thematically and emotionally similar, it's a shame Funeral wasn't early enough to used in Six Feet's intro.

e: It's a while since I've seen it but I've been flicking through this and various The Wire threads and I really don't get all the posters who say they can't understand the way the characters talk. Yeah yeah, accents and weird slang etc. I'm from loving New Zealand and I didn't have any significant trouble with anyone other than Snoop. If I can follow it how do so many posters, many of whom I can only assume are American have such a hard time?

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Dec 20, 2013

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They don't want to see a show with so many Black characters.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
And then Alan Ball went on to make True Blood. :negative: I was hoping True Blood would be great because Six Feet Under is easily one of my favorite shows. Still the best ending to a show I've seen.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

They don't want to see a show with so many Black characters.

I'm always amazed at people who don't like The Wire. It's either racism or they're the kind of people who expect to open a unread novel at a random point and then get angry when they don't understand everything going on at the page the stared.

I think every major TV critic has mentioned how ridiculous it is that The Wire never won an Emmy, and most of that seemed to stem from a mostly non-white cast and complex continuous story arcs where a single episode chosen at random does nothing to convey how good the show actually is.

I only know about the show from seeing it on HBO On demand while bored and starting season 4. 2 weeks later I was joined by all my other roommates in watching new episodes because they wandered in while I was catching up and stayed to watch, getting enthralled by the show.

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Camping.. Intense! posted:

Also thank-you for bringing an update on UK shows to this thread, i have tried to follow the UK thread but it is difficult and i am usually a big fan of anything from the UK especially comedies which i usually dont find out about until they have finished airing. What do people here think of Bad Education s i have heard people be pretty negative on it but its one of my favorites.

I also really like Bad Education. There have been some less than stellar scenes, but most of it is pretty funny. Besides, a little British humor is a nice change sometimes.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Wafflecopper posted:

e: It's a while since I've seen it but I've been flicking through this and various The Wire threads and I really don't get all the posters who say they can't understand the way the characters talk. Yeah yeah, accents and weird slang etc. I'm from loving New Zealand and I didn't have any significant trouble with anyone other than Snoop. If I can follow it how do so many posters, many of whom I can only assume are American have such a hard time?

I share your sentiment.
That's an absolutely amazing show, start to finish.
Anyone that hasn't seen it, should.
Anyone that has seen it, should probably watch it again. I am also from NZ, and I can't say I ever had a problem understanding anything on that show.

An update, just blasted out season 1 of Veronica Mars the start of this weekend. I am deciding whether to chain-watch season 2, or if I watch The Pacific. I was always a fan of Band Of Brothers, and I sort-of watched The Pacific when it aired on TV. I don't remember it having quite the same draw as BoB.
Does anyone have any opinion on how it compares?

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick
Orange is the New Black has been burning a hole in my Netflix queue for some time. For the longest time, I thought it was going to be nothing but a long chick flick set in prison. I mean, look at the title of the show. Any time I hear "x is the new x", I cringe. But I finally gave it a shot, and I like it so far.

SymfonyMan posted:

I loved everything about it. Even the "slow" parts. I feel like it flows very well, and very fast at times. On my current re-watch, I feel like they condensed about 10 or 15 seasons of material down to 6. But, to each their own. I can understand why some people are put off by the character drama elements of the show, but I loved it all.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007

Exploder posted:

Orange is the New Black has been burning a hole in my Netflix queue for some time. For the longest time, I thought it was going to be nothing but a long chick flick set in prison. I mean, look at the title of the show. Any time I hear "x is the new x", I cringe. But I finally gave it a shot, and I like it so far.

Keep watching!! I loved it so much that I watched the entire season in like 36 hours. Really looking forward to season 2.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007

Spalec posted:

I thought Bates Motel was pretty awesome, Norma and Norman were both excellent and they really nailed the creepy relationship between them. Season 2 starts in March apparently.

Omg that moment when she crawled into bed with him :gonk:

Sorry for the double post. I'm about to watch the season finale. I might start Fringe next. Thoughts?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

whatshesaid posted:

Sorry for the double post. I'm about to watch the season finale. I might start Fringe next. Thoughts?

Season 1 of Fringe is kind of a "weird stuff happens and midway through here's a villain to satisfy you". Seasons 2 & 3 have a clear result that they're building to, so most people like those the best. Season 4 changes a lot, but I personally like it a lot as you have characters rediscovering each other. Season 5 goes off the rails and is only 12 episodes, but it's pretty great.

In general, the series suffers from not pacing plot lines too well, but it's really great for character moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

whatshesaid posted:

Keep watching!! I loved it so much that I watched the entire season in like 36 hours. Really looking forward to season 2.

It officially clicked for me. I just blew through 4 episodes in a row. The characters are very well written and compelling. My personal favorites so far are Red, Taystee, Burset, Mendez, and Healy. Really, I like all of the characters so far, except for maybe Alex. I love the running bit whenever Piper is on the phone, there's the crying woman in the background. It gets me every time. I can foresee myself finishing this in the next couple of days.