Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

keevo posted:

Where do you guys download the latest version of TSM?

http://www.simgamemod.com/tsm-map-version-4-0/

disclaimer: I'm not sure if it's the latest version
Scandinavia and Rebuilding Poland are better in my opinion, but on the other hand

nnnnghhhhgnnngh fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

latest version of TSM is 4.1.7beta

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Thanks guys. Now I just have to wait 2 hours for it to download. :negative:

super late edit that i'd rather not create a new post for: It just finished downloading but now 7Zip won't extract the files because of an unsupported compression method.

keevo fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 17, 2013

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

keevo posted:

Thanks guys. Now I just have to wait 2 hours for it to download. :negative:

super late edit that i'd rather not create a new post for: It just finished downloading but now 7Zip won't extract the files because of an unsupported compression method.

use winrar, never had an issue there.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Looks like the next version of TSM will probably be 5.0 judging by this terrible video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjQNJMfmey8

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Kilonum posted:

use winrar, never had an issue there.

Wow I had no idea Winrar could extract .7z files. Thanks.

hatesfreedom
Feb 20, 2007

I make a profit of three and a quarter cents an egg by selling them for four and a quarter cents an egg to the people in Malta I buy them from for seven cents an egg. Of course, I don't make the profit. The syndicate makes the profit. And everybody has a share.
Finally lost my drat mind and purchased a decent setup for truck simulating. I now have a Logitech G27 wheel/shifter/pedals, and I went out and got a cheap webcam which I use with FreetrackNOIR. The key to the cheap head tracking is to disable it whenever you don't need it (like on highways). If you leave it on all the time it will soon enough go crazy and you will crash into something while your viewpoint is the ceiling of your cab. Otherwise, it takes a few hours to get used to driving with a wheel but once it clicks it really clicks. I only wish I could have paid more for ETS2 given how much enjoyment I've gotten out of it.

Best mods to get -

1. Promods Scandinavia; very well done map pack. Fits perfectly.
( http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=97 )

2. Poland Rebuilding; works with Promods, is very well done. Poland becomes quite the more interesting place.
( http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=48363 )

I tried TSM as well, and it adds a lot of new destinations but there's some 'world map' problems I couldn't solve and some extremely lovely textures sprinkled about. Like badly put 2D trees. I just couldn't stand it in its current form.

I guess that's it, just wanted to share what I've worked out so far.

MAN TGX for life.

Example FreetrackNOIR profile I used to make it more better ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ21ezoNvWY ) it's in the description.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

If you feel like throwing money at SCS, there's some truck skins and a DLC available.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/euro-truck-simulator-2/

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

It is also on sale on the Humble Store for $6.24.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's almost almost certainly gonna be cheap on steam since the sale starts in like an hour and a half.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Chuck went out and parodied JCVDs Volvo stunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-D1KVIuvjA

Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW

hopterque posted:

It's almost almost certainly gonna be cheap on steam since the sale starts in like an hour and a half.

Oh gently caress, not that poo poo again. :pcgaming: I hope it's better than last year's.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Throwing this out there again to anyone on the fence. It's on sale on Steam and it is unironically a Good Game. It's a super relaxing way to kill some time when you're tired of other games that have the pacing of a Michael Bay wet dream.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

Throwing this out there again to anyone on the fence. It's on sale on Steam and it is unironically a Good Game. It's a super relaxing way to kill some time when you're tired of other games that have the pacing of a Michael Bay wet dream.

Throwing this out there, don't buy it unless it's a flash or daily deal. Nothing sucks like buying it and having it immediately go cheaper.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Throwing this out there, don't buy it unless it's a flash or daily deal. Nothing sucks like buying it and having it immediately go cheaper.

That's true for every game in the world during a Steam sale.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

I'm going to be a big dumb idiot and wait until it comes out on mac to buy it... this has to be the third sale that's passed :(

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I'm going to be a big dumb idiot and wait until it comes out on mac to buy it... this has to be the third sale that's passed :(

It's worth booting into Windows for.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Doesn't it work like you buy it on Steam and when the Mac version arrives you own the Mac version?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Doesn't it work like you buy it on Steam and when the Mac version arrives you own the Mac version?

Yes, and Mac version right now is a low priority until they iron out the Linux version.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
You know when I read about the upcoming American Truck Simulator I was disappointed they they're not aiming for some kind of World Truck Simulator... not only having separate games for separate areas sucks, but it also means that we won't see the game expand until it reaches the ideal situation of having most if not all countries.

I know next to nothing about trucks so I guess there be limits on how far it's profitable to send a truck instead of, say, a ship or plane, but still...

I also saw a document on TV about some crazy mofos driving trucks over frozen lakes or something, sounds like a challenge mode to me! :science:

beef express
Sep 7, 2005

The highest technique is to have no technique.

lordfrikk posted:

I also saw a document on TV about some crazy mofos driving trucks over frozen lakes or something, sounds like a challenge mode to me! :science:

It's not as fully featured and a much more technical challenge than ETS2 but you might want to check out Scania Truck Driving Simulator for some pretty crazy challenges, including delivering supplies to a flood zone and driving over collapsed bridges. Squirrel on Youtube did a good overview of what's involved.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

lordfrikk posted:

You know when I read about the upcoming American Truck Simulator I was disappointed they they're not aiming for some kind of World Truck Simulator... not only having separate games for separate areas sucks, but it also means that we won't see the game expand until it reaches the ideal situation of having most if not all countries.

I know next to nothing about trucks so I guess there be limits on how far it's profitable to send a truck instead of, say, a ship or plane, but still...

You cannot drive some of US trucks with long trailers in EU - whole set needs to have some max length. Then there are emission standards..

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I really hope they do integrate all the trucksims, how else will I be able to recreate the trip of those two euro dudes I met once in a Walmart parking lot who were delivering two outback kitted Unimogs all the way from Germany to Alaska, via Halifax.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
If you think parking in ETS is tough...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzxIsiMyasA

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

EvilJoven posted:

I really hope they do integrate all the trucksims, how else will I be able to recreate the trip of those two euro dudes I met once in a Walmart parking lot who were delivering two outback kitted Unimogs all the way from Germany to Alaska, via Halifax.

I saw those! I was wondering what they were. They were on the 102 heading toward Turo, so I guess they were on their way out of NS.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

The rear end Stooge posted:

It's worth booting into Windows for.

Nothing is worth booting into Windows, at least not with my tiny, ancient hard drive.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

That's how Steam games work, yeah. But I'm stubborn and won't give over the money until after, even if it means paying more. ETS1 is keeping me sated.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

dupersaurus posted:

If you think parking in ETS is tough...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzxIsiMyasA

my favorite comment from the Gizmodo article on it:

quote:

The most impressive thing to me is the driver backing these 50' rigs into spots that a suburban housewife (gender selected for humor, not stereotype) couldn't get their Toyota Highlander into with a straight approach and no car on either side.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Kilonum posted:

my favorite comment from the Gizmodo article on it:

That immersion breaks at 1:45. You'll see a driver push one of the parked trailers trying to get his in. Still cool though.

Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW

JuffoWup posted:

That immersion breaks at 1:45. You'll see a driver push one of the parked trailers trying to get his in. Still cool though.

You realize that you have ... whatever the worst form of spergism is, right?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

SpannerX posted:

I saw those! I was wondering what they were. They were on the 102 heading toward Turo, so I guess they were on their way out of NS.

No fuckin way. For such a big country, it's a small world. I met these dudes at the Walmart near Polo Park in Winnipeg.

They had to keep it under 80kph the entire trip because above that speed the tires started wearing down at an alarming rate.

Here's a pic of the second truck.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 21, 2013

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
The game's currently on sale for $6.19 over here at IndieGala. Redeemable on Steam.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
Only at level 8 for my driver. Gotta play more. My next challenge:

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

Sharp_angus posted:

every highway turn, no ramps necessary :v:

I actually recovered from that, I'm not quite sure how.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

every highway turn, no ramps necessary :v:

I actually recovered from that, I'm not quite sure how.

I found if you manage to get a bit of opposite lock on as soon as it starts happening you can stop it from tipping over! Also is that a zonda in the background? What mod is that?

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

bald and fail II posted:

I found if you manage to get a bit of opposite lock on as soon as it starts happening you can stop it from tipping over! Also is that a zonda in the background? What mod is that?

True! If you notice it happening in time. Usually I'm using the interior view and not paying enough attention to the mirrors, so I end up on my side embarrassingly often.

Anyway the mod adds Test Drive Unlimited AI cars, unfortunately they don't move any faster than the stock AI.
http://www.simgamemod.com/ai-cars-from-tdu-2-in-ets-2-fixed/

Also using Scania 8x4 chassis, http://www.simgamemod.com/scania-8x4/
24-speed trans and 1500hp engine are from Kilonum's mod, linked in first post.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sharp_angus posted:

Those uniformed officials clearly have a lot of faith in that driver's abilities.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

Anyway the mod adds Test Drive Unlimited AI cars, unfortunately they don't move any faster than the stock AI.
http://www.simgamemod.com/ai-cars-from-tdu-2-in-ets-2-fixed/

Even more unortunately the 2CV moves slower than the stock AI.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 23, 2013

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Kilonum posted:

Even more unortunately the 2CV moves slower than the stock AI.

Realism! :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Just picked this up via the Steam sale, it's weirdly engaging and relaxing and discovering the motherlode of radio streams just made everything 10x cooler. I was listening to some UK station where the DJ was talking about the station's mobile app, and how isn't technology great and you can listen to their station anywhere now and I'm like who needs a mobile app when you can just listen from INSIDE YOUR TRUCK SIMULATOR.

• Locked thread