Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Crawfish posted:

I'll extend this by mentioning I have the ability to make Feebas, Cyndaquil and Mudkip eggs currently.

Working on getting more and more stuff as I can.

Could I get one of those Mudkips? I have Rain Dish Squirtles with Water Spout and Aura Sphere, haven't started on IV breeding them yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
Wonder traded a box full of leftover Honedge in hopes of maybe finding a cottonee or piplup, but instead I get a bunch of level 2-4 pokemon from route 2. On the bright side I did get a Protean Kecleon. I take it you goons with Japanese DSs are well into your breeding frenzies already?

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

_Endgame_ posted:

For this Christmas I'm giving out all my 4 IV Bold Wish/Yawn Eevees over wonder trade. Hopefully I can get a cool pokebank guy, who knows.

Well within this time I have obtained a mudkip with egg moves curse, avalanche, counter, and mirror coat oddly enough.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
I hatched up a bunch of Goomies (not IV/nature optimized or anything, just Goomies) and I'm excited to give them out to little children receiving Pokemon X/Y on Christmas :) Hopefully I'll get something neat in return too

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zoness posted:

52% on Gliscor hot drat. Also constant switching against Aggron instead of using moves :laffo:.

Gamesense: 0

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Hopefully it'll remain that way for, like, forever. Rewards in cold hard items is always much better than just a piece of paper. Though I do like how the diplomas are now displayed in your room. Is that the same in XY? I haven't really gone out of my way to obtain them, you seem to have a fairly large shelf space.

And for being mad enough to actually complete the Pokedex, shiny Pokemon is definitely a great reward.

Does anyone know if this is for completion as in "catch all pokemon" or if you just need to see all pokemon to count as "National Dex Completion" for the shiny charm?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Every Mienshao I run into in-game can go gently caress the devil in hell. Between Hi Jump Kick and Acrobatics/Bounce, it bulldozes my team.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Unbound posted:

Could I get one of those Mudkips? I have Rain Dish Squirtles with Water Spout and Aura Sphere, haven't started on IV breeding them yet though.
I don't need anything in return, but any chance you could hope on the IRC to make it FAR easier for me to get the trade done?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Crawfish posted:

I don't need anything in return, but any chance you could hope on the IRC to make it FAR easier for me to get the trade done?

Yeah, of course. I'll meet you in the IRC.

Also, I just got a Drillbur via Wonder Trade. Can't get that without the Poke Bank right?

E: Thanks Crawfish!

Unbound fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 25, 2013

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Unbound posted:

Yeah, of course. I'll meet you in the IRC.

Also, I just got a Drillbur via Wonder Trade. Can't get that without the Poke Bank right?

Nah, there are Drilbur Friend Safaris.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

Yestermoment posted:

Every Mienshao I run into in-game can go gently caress the devil in hell. Between Hi Jump Kick and Acrobatics/Bounce, it bulldozes my team.

Mienshao hate, HATE pokemon with protect/detect/king's shield/spikey shield and Talonflames with the move fly. Also, anything with prankster can badly cripple it with a simple thunderwave.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Can I get one too? :pray: I can't get on IRC though but I'm going to be on literally all night.

My FC is 3566-1578-9713
Mii: Jessica

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

What mon are you wanting?

FC is 5455-9413-0634.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
I just got a female mudkip and a male frillish. Unfortunately I'm about to head to bed and probably won't be available for most of the day to arrange any trades. If anybody is willing to wait, I'll be happy to breed you guys something. You don't have to give me anything for it. The mudkips will also have at least 2-3IVs since she's going to be paired up with my 6IV Froakie.

FC: 0404-6897-6322
IGN: Summer

planetarial fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 25, 2013

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

Crawfish posted:

What mon are you wanting?

FC is 5455-9413-0634.

Mudkip please. I can give a modest helioptile for it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ugh, I don't need anything for it, but it will have to wait for a little while, as i'm waist deep in Chikorita related business at the moment.

Gimme like half an hour to an hour?

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
Sure, I can wait.

Thanks man!

Mr Confetti fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Dec 25, 2013

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Waiting on you to pick up the trade.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Fureil posted:

Wonder traded a box full of leftover Honedge in hopes of maybe finding a cottonee or piplup, but instead I get a bunch of level 2-4 pokemon from route 2.

I wouldn't expect anything else today, or for a few days, on account of all the new players who got 3DSes/Pokemon for Christmas trying out Wonder Trade!

I'm planning to do some wonder trading of random things holding Starf Berries later on. I'm not particularly expecting to get anything good in return. I didn't take the time to breed enough extra mons to do it lots and lots though.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I got a lvl 1 Delibird which knew no moves other than Present and was holding a thunder stone recently. It was named Merry Xmas.

It was pretty cute :3:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
New players

"I got Pokémon X/Y for Christmas! What should I know?"

Firstly, apply the latest patch, you won't be able to take part in any of the Internet connectivity stuff until you do. You can do this free of charge using the 3DS eShop. Secondly, make sure you use Mystery Gift to get your special Torchic! You can only do this until the middle of January. After you've done those things, start playing and have fun! You can find a guide to the game for new players in the second post in this thread if you're feeling unsure what you should be doing.

If you have any questions then they may be answered in the OP, so please check it out, but if it doesn't help then ask away.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I'm happy with gengar, Azumarill and Talonflame. Love them. Just need to pack out the rest of my team
I've heard good things about Sableye - what's his niche?
Ferrothorn is also supposed to be beastly, what attack moves should I run on him?
What about Breloom? Are there any other good fighting types to get? Do I need to get his hidden ability?

How good is Rotom? I heard it's a cock to get.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Lord Twisted posted:

I've heard good things about Sableye - what's his niche?

How good is Rotom? I heard it's a cock to get.

Sableye gets an ability called Prankster, which allows it to use status moves with higher priority than normal. So people can taunt with priority, confuse you or burn you befor eyou attack, etc etc.

Rotom can only be caught on Tuesdays for whatever reason. But you could just get one off the GTS.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Just ask, even. poo poo man, I got Wonder Traded one just now.

Ferrothorn learns his best attack moves naturally: Power Whip and Gyro Ball. He's entirely usable with no egg moves at all, just give him a speed reducing nature and use Curse/Ingrain/Thunder Wave to round out his set however you choose. Then stick a Rocky Helmet on him and go to town. Breloom is... probably the 1st or 2nd most common Fighting type on competitive teams but you'll need one with its hidden ability Technician to make the standard version everyone goes crazy about.

Or use, like, literally any fighting type. Everything on that list can be pretty goddamn brutal. Fighting is probably one of strongest types overall. It's really hard to gently caress them up.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 25, 2013

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

planetarial posted:

I just got a female mudkip and a male frillish. Unfortunately I'm about to head to bed and probably won't be available for most of the day to arrange any trades. If anybody is willing to wait, I'll be happy to breed you guys something. You don't have to give me anything for it. The mudkips will also have at least 2-3IVs since she's going to be paired up with my 6IV Froakie.

I would lobe a mudkip. :3: My info is in my profile.

Got one!

Gnarly Bae Jepsen fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 25, 2013

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

planetarial posted:

I'd love to get one of those mudkips! I'm already one of your friends as Fantastico.

How bad is the GTS right now for regular pokemon? I really want to get a Yamask, Mismagrius, Koffing and Bouffalant and could care less about the starters.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Just had a pretty awesome comeback in challenge cup.

Guy GG's once I go down 5-3 with Whimsicott and Chansey crippled, but some luck and a really beast Whimsicott along with a clutch Healing wish from Chansey get the win.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/challengecup-72297538

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 25, 2013

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Desperate Character posted:

I'd love to get one of those mudkips! I'm already one of your friends as Fantastico.

How bad is the GTS right now for regular pokemon? I really want to get a Yamask, Mismagrius, Koffing and Bouffalant and could care less about the starters.
Ridiculous. I have still yet to see anyone asking for anything less than event legends for their Rattata. Now is a prime time to pick up starters, maybe a porygon or cottonee, but anything else is better left until english bank release.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
My mission last night was successful so now I have all the starters in English even. I'm thinking of wonder trading their babies way myself as part of WT Christmas Part Dos: The Revengicide but if you have some other Pokebank stuff or something really interesting that I don't have for some reason hit me up.

FC: 3625-8676-1692 IGN: DMay

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

_Endgame_ posted:

My mission last night was successful so now I have all the starters in English even. I'm thinking of wonder trading their babies way myself as part of WT Christmas Part Dos: The Revengicide but if you have some other Pokebank stuff or something really interesting that I don't have for some reason hit me up.

FC: 3625-8676-1692 IGN: DMay

I'd love a cyndaquil if you have one, with flash fire if possible. I have a bunch of 4iv things, charmander, goomy, tirtouga, scyther, bulbasaur, snover, larvitar, axew, aron, honedge, venipede, corphish, phanpy, whismur, larvesta, noibat, tyrunt, froakie, litwick, dratini, gabite, skarmory, helioptile.

FC 3540 0307 9844

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72312514

I get taunt magic bounced twice but then realize he probably doesn't have dazzling gleam on his espeon.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72315063

Got caught off guard by Charizard X and suffered another Bicycle Crash but setting up the game to have sableye win on his own is pretty sweet.

Incidentally both those matches Xatu had synchronize thanks to team builder.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 25, 2013

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-72316079

Can someone tell me why he quit? I mean the game had just barely started, come on.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

why oh WHY posted:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-72316079

Can someone tell me why he quit? I mean the game had just barely started, come on.

You ruined the setup that was essentially his entire strategy. Without that setup he figured he stood no chance and just left to go for other turn 2 deciders.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm sure I can toss you one somewhere for the Cottonee once you get it. Either post in here or PM when you've got it.

It's ready, would you prefer a hatched one or an egg?

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!

EGSunBro posted:

You ruined the setup that was essentially his entire strategy. Without that setup he figured he stood no chance and just left to go for other turn 2 deciders.

Thanks, I don't get that kind of team setup. Why would you hinge everything on something so easily nullified.

Does anybody have any good replacement ideas for Rotom-W, he really doesn't pull his weight but I need someone to off set the Dark weakness I have and I can't think of anything better. My main concern is Hydreigon and Greninja who are too fast for or bulky for Aegislash or Chandelure. I was thinking Scizor but that compounds my Fire weakness and I'm not really a fan to start with. I'd really appreciate any advice.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

why oh WHY posted:

Does anybody have any good replacement ideas for Rotom-W, he really doesn't pull his weight but I need someone to off set the Dark weakness I have and I can't think of anything better.advice.

I have never heard of this being an issue but if you don't like Rotom-W, Specs Heliolisk can do similar things while also being immune to Ghosts.

Also:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72320646

Brick Break on CB Scizor in non-bank OU is hilarious

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

How did I just get a Totodile over Wonder Trade?? Wtf.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

How did I just get a Totodile over Wonder Trade?? Wtf.

Japan had their pokebank opened earlier you lucky bastard :v:

I've gotten more Froakies today then Flabebes and elemental monkeys combined

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

why oh WHY posted:

Thanks, I don't get that kind of team setup. Why would you hinge everything on something so easily nullified.

Does anybody have any good replacement ideas for Rotom-W, he really doesn't pull his weight but I need someone to off set the Dark weakness I have and I can't think of anything better. My main concern is Hydreigon and Greninja who are too fast for or bulky for Aegislash or Chandelure. I was thinking Scizor but that compounds my Fire weakness and I'm not really a fan to start with. I'd really appreciate any advice.

It's not like he didn't have other pokemon either. Take out the Skarmory and he could have been able to set up. I once beat some guy with multiple phazers on my Baton Pass team by wearing down his team and then sacking all my pokemon except Clefable so he wouldn't be able to roar it out and Clefable could Calm Mind its way to victory. As for the dark types, a fast fighting type like Unburden Hawlucha or a fairy special type tank like Florges or Sylveon could probably take those out if Hydreigon doesn't run Sludge Bomb.

Zoness posted:

Also:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72320646

Brick Break on CB Scizor in non-bank OU is hilarious
I love how his first thought after getting one shot by Brick Break was "Let's try the thing with the 4x fighting weakness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Showdown wishes me a very merry Christmas;

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014beta-72321030

I thought this was actually a pretty good game until the guy flipped out at me towards the end for having the audacity to beat him.

• Locked thread