Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They'll bring it back online and give away Super Mario 3 away as an appology, just to crash the servers again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midgetman
Feb 19, 2010
I wish super metroid would turn up on the store some day for the 3ds, i refuse to buy a WiiU to relive my favourite game of my younger years

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Midgetman posted:

I wish super metroid would turn up on the store some day for the 3ds, i refuse to buy a WiiU to relive my favourite game of my younger years

Nintendo isn't going to release SNES games on the 3DS.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Has Nintendo given any idea as to when the network is going to be back up? Or is it just a hand-wavey "sometime" like DarkstarIV's post seems to suggest?

I just want to play my video games for children :(

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Captain Pissweak posted:

Has Nintendo given any idea as to when the network is going to be back up? Or is it just a hand-wavey "sometime" like DarkstarIV's post seems to suggest?

It's literally just a "sometime" right now. Their twitter page is just an apology and saying they are working on it. But they said that last night as well. So take that as you will.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Figures I finally use my Christmas money to get an eshop card in order to pick up Zelda Link Between Worlds, and the drat store would be down. This must be what starving Ethiopian children feel like.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
e:nvm

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 27, 2013

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokebank was officially delayed half an hour ago. Maybe now I can get back to re-buying all my SMT games digitally.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/416390191981797376

E: on the plus side, it went straight to the maintenance screen instead of sitting in limbo for a couple minutes.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 27, 2013

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

If this means anything, I was just able to somehow get in the eshop and download Super Punch Out.

EDIT: And naturally the download fucks itself and has stopped. But hey halfway there!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

GameboyHero posted:

If this means anything, I was just able to somehow get in the eshop and download Super Punch Out.

EDIT: And naturally the download fucks itself and has stopped. But hey halfway there!

I managed to get on for a little while earlier to download NES Remix but when the download finished it said the data was corrupted and I had to delete it. I guess it's probably just best to wait for now

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I managed to get on for a little while earlier to download NES Remix but when the download finished it said the data was corrupted and I had to delete it. I guess it's probably just best to wait for now
More or less. SPO never even started downloading and went straight to corrupted data but I'll let it sit there for now. If my past experiences have taught me anything, it'll sort itself out on its own. But yeah, I've been able to at least browse the eshop on the Wii U (not so much the 3DS so far). Looks like they're making some progress at least.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The good news is, they seem to be making progress on the 3DS front as well.

It sure beats the generic error message from earlier! :haw:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Captain Pissweak posted:

The official stance is Please Understand

quote:

We apologize for the continued interruption of Nintendo eShop service and are working to resolve the situation. Thanks for your patience.

Their Network Status page throws up an error message instead of the "experiencing problems" thing it's supposed to :effort:

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

I think the Wii U eshop is finally functional for the most part. Was able to download SPO and it installed no problem. Some guys over at neogaf are reporting the same thing. 3DS eshop still down for me.

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

Has there been ANY news at all about the new Mario Golf? I haven't heard a peep. Is there any news of a release date?

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Zip posted:

Has there been ANY news at all about the new Mario Golf? I haven't heard a peep. Is there any news of a release date?
After it was pushed back the only thing given for the release date is "2014"

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I can confirm that the WiiU eshop is up and running

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
3DS one is still down :arghfist::(

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Captain Pissweak posted:

3DS one is still down :arghfist::(

My fiancé and I got a Zelda 3DS for Christmas from her grandparents and Pokemon. Can't download Zelda and can't update Pokemon. Pretty lovely.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Now I'm wishing I had downloaded the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate save transfer before Christmas. Oh well, at least it will probably be up tomorrow.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Celery Face posted:

Now I'm wishing I had downloaded the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate save transfer before Christmas. Oh well, at least it will probably be up tomorrow.

Yeah, exactly this. At least the WiiU eShop is back up now.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

let's hope it doesn't go the way of Flipnote 3D.

Are we ever gonna get any word on that? :smith:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
The 3DS eShop is back up! :woop: I was more accurate than I thought when I said that it'd be up tomorrow.

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 27, 2013

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Celery Face posted:

The 3DS eShop is back up! :woop: I was more accurate than I thought when I said that it'd be up tomorrow.

I could kiss you on the mouth for this post. Installing my new stuff now.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Celery Face posted:

It's LAWYER TIME, BABY :getin:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I got it working briefly but once my Nintendo Network ID was done the shop is just kicking me out.

I think everyone found out and is bum-rushing the servers, so I guess I'll have dinner and then if poo poo's not good by then Nintendo :argh:

Also if people don't know of this yet and got some stuff for Christmas, here's something cool: http://gamesites.nintendo.com.au/super-mario-3d-land-welcome-promotion/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Also if people don't know of this yet and got some stuff for Christmas, here's something cool: http://gamesites.nintendo.com.au/super-mario-3d-land-welcome-promotion/

This promo is running in Europe*, too, it's not just an Aussie thing.

*EU countries that have Club Nintendo, anyway

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Aaaaand it's back down again.

Got just far enough to plug in a couple of prepaid cards and right up to hitting the Purchase button on Phoenix Wright and bang. Maintenance.

AlexMoron
Jul 28, 2007
3DS eShop is back up.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nintendo posted:

We sincerely apologize for the connection problems in the Nintendo eShop. We understand this is taking longer than expected, but we can assure you that providing a solution is our top priority. We are determined to make sure everyone can enjoy all that Wii U and Nintendo 3DS have to offer. In an effort to manage the high volume of traffic and ultimately improve your experience, we are temporarily taking the Nintendo eShop services offline between the hours of 4 p.m. - 4 a.m. ET. Thank you so much for your continued patience. We will keep you updated.

Nintendo of Europe posted:

To improve your experience, we are temporarily taking the Nintendo eShop services offline between the hours of 10 p.m. and 10 a.m. CET.

:unsmigghh:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
More like "to improve the Japanese suspended experience" since clearly taking down all of the western market is for their benefit, and the release of the pokebank app over there is clearly the problem in the first place. Nice to see where their priorities lie.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Pokemon is the worst

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nintendo of Japan posted:

For the time being, the #3DS #eShop will only be available to Japan between 6 am and 6 pm in order to alleviate the server load.

Anyways, instead of spending $50 rebuying eshop games this week, I may just go get myself one of those $50 32GB PS Vita memory cards on sale tonight.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 27, 2013

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Dehry posted:

Anyways, instead of spending $50 rebuying eshop games this week, I may just go get myself one of those $50 32GB PS Vita memory cards on sale tonight.
Good luck! :waycool:

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Japanese servers are offline between 6PM and 6AM so everyone is being burned by Nintendo's fuckup here.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I realize now that I probably should have just bought the cartridge for LBW instead of an eshop card, or at least checked if it was online when I got it. I still can't connect :saddowns:.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ookiimarukochan posted:

Japanese servers are offline between 6PM and 6AM so everyone is being burned by Nintendo's fuckup here.

Right, but 4PM-4AM eastern is 1PM Pacific to 1AM Pacific. They are prioritizing traffic for the Japanese market. US and Europe are offline at the same time, but going down at 9PM is better than 1PM.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 27, 2013

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Best Buy currently has a deal of $16 for $20 or $40 for $50 eShop cards, and I've had my eye on GBC Zelda games since I got my 3DS. The $20 card would be fine for that, but I might get a Wii U in the future, and have created a Nintendo Network ID or whatever and linked it with my 3DS and Club Nintendo account and whatever. Does anyone know if the funds are interchangeable? If so, I might go for the $50, since I have a decent amount of Virtual Console games from my Wii that would need upgrading and such.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

morcant posted:

Best Buy currently has a deal of $16 for $20 or $40 for $50 eShop cards, and I've had my eye on GBC Zelda games since I got my 3DS. The $20 card would be fine for that, but I might get a Wii U in the future, and have created a Nintendo Network ID or whatever and linked it with my 3DS and Club Nintendo account and whatever. Does anyone know if the funds are interchangeable? If so, I might go for the $50, since I have a decent amount of Virtual Console games from my Wii that would need upgrading and such.
If you link your NNID between your 3ds and Wii U the balance is shared between the 2. If you spent $100 or more at Best Buy you get a $15 gift card. You could get 2 $50 eShop cards($80) and a $35 one($28) for $108 total then get a $15 gift card back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

deafmute posted:

If you link your NNID between your 3ds and Wii U the balance is shared between the 2. If you spent $100 or more at Best Buy you get a $15 gift card. You could get 2 $50 eShop cards($80) and a $35 one($28) for $108 total then get a $15 gift card back.

Well hell, that's even better! Thanks for the info. :)