Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

EL BROMANCE posted:

Attention Americans!

Thanks for this! As an exiled Brit panel shows and Top Gear are my only way to reconnect with the homeland. What's the consensus best panel show by the way, Nevermind The Buzzcocks? Or has that gone to poo poo since Amstell went off and did other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Schaal was better last night than I've seen her on pretty much anything, including her special. She got the format completely, and was happy to shout out her brand of craziness and the audience receipted to it well.

She had the best line, too. Are you Amanda Knox?

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Cart posted:

Thanks for this! As an exiled Brit panel shows and Top Gear are my only way to reconnect with the homeland. What's the consensus best panel show by the way, Nevermind The Buzzcocks? Or has that gone to poo poo since Amstell went off and did other things.

Yeah, Never Mind The Buzzcocks has been very inconsistent ever since Amstell left. And don't even get the UK thread started on Noel Fielding...

The best panel shows, in my opinion, are QI and Would I Lie To You. Both have strong concepts that offer a bit more than just the usual riffing on current news or popculture. On the other hand, should that be all you're looking for, 8 Out Of 10 Cats has found its groove ever since Jon Richardson joined as well (probably even sooner). The "surveys and statistics" thing is a flimsy premise to get the banter going, but it can be really funny.

Stay away from Mock The Week. I like Dara O Briain, but the show itself is incredibly dire and Andy Parsons might just be the least funny comedian on television.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Cart posted:

8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown :colbert:

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
People on the last couple of pages who haven't voted for their Top 10 TV shows of 2013 should do so! It is fun, it doesn't take very long, and also we take all ballots even Irish Joe's. Come in and be not at all surprised at what TV shows goons love!

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

DominoDancing posted:

Stay away from Mock The Week. I like Dara O Briain, but the show itself is incredibly dire and Andy Parsons might just be the least funny comedian on television.

I've got a pretty high tolerance for Frankie Boyle but still can't watch Mock The Week because of Parsons' gurning. Love QI, will have to check out Would I Lie to you (David Mitchells one of the captains right?), and still on the fence regarding Noel Fielding. Is Have I Got News For You any good now?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Sophia posted:

People on the last couple of pages who haven't voted for their Top 10 TV shows of 2013 should do so!

The sperg mountain doesn't need advertising.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

soapgish posted:

"The people in this forum about television want to talk about their favorite television shows? Heh, spergs. :smug:"

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Cart posted:

Is Have I Got News For You any good now?

No. Paul Merton hasn't given a gently caress for years, the guest host format is poo poo apart from the odd gimmick (especially when there's a handful of regulars who would make good permanent hosts), and they have to pad it out by showing youtube clips everyone has already seen.

It's worth watching on demand in front of your dinner for the occasional real piece of satire, but it's a shadow of a husk of its former self.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Sophia posted:

People on the last couple of pages who haven't voted for their Top 10 TV shows of 2013 should do so! It is fun, it doesn't take very long, and also we take all ballots even Irish Joe's. Come in and be not at all surprised at what TV shows goons love!

Sounds like you're ripping off what the Doctor Who thread does incessantly all year round. And for that reason alone I'm going to assume an affected air of superiority and sneer at you.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

soapgish posted:

it's just fun, holy hell

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

PriorMarcus posted:

Ding-dong! You're wrong!

*klaxons sound*

*"PRIORMARCUS" flashes on screen*

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Sounds like you're ripping off what the Doctor Who thread does incessantly all year round. And for that reason alone I'm going to assume an affected air of superiority and sneer at you.

Wait, what? :psyduck:

e: Oh, wait, Rapey Joe Stalin post. Never mind, it's my fault for trying to make it make sense.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I like my TV serious, thank you very much. I watch shows with a dismal scowl on my face and the only noise I make is a respectful applause as the credits roll :smug:

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Good threads about TV shows copy, great ones steal! Also this post is an un-sneering zone of happiness and contentment. What's your move now, Mr. Stalin?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sophia posted:

Good threads about TV shows copy, great ones steal! Also this post is an un-sneering zone of happiness and contentment. What's your move now, Mr. Stalin?

does the katyn massacre mean anything to you

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

DivisionPost posted:

does the katyn massacre mean anything to you

Was that the one where Katyn Stark died

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

soapgish posted:

Haha yeah, loving spergs talking about what TV they like :smug:

Not like us cool guys who only poo poo on everything and talk about which TV shows are the worst. Hint: it's all of them. :smugbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Joramun posted:

Was that the one where Katyn Stark died

Spoilers dude Jesus Christ t:mad:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Frostwerks posted:

Hoping someone could identify something for me. I remember an episode of a TV show, maybe movie, where some character kept mispronouncing the word tuxedo as tuzedo. For the life of me I cannot remember it and google doesn't seem to be much help. I don't think it was a fever dream but I wouldn't rule out drug-induced psychosis.

I thought it was the 30 rock episode The Tuxedo, but after viewing it that turned out to not be the case. Maybe Archer, maybe community.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Frostwerks posted:

I thought it was the 30 rock episode The Tuxedo, but after viewing it that turned out to not be the case. Maybe Archer, maybe community.

It wasn't Community. Unless it happened in season 4. I kind of wiped that from my mind.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Watched Top of the Lake today. This was recommended in the aftermatch of The Killing season 1 as a better execution of a similar premise. At its peak, The Killing was the better show, but on balance, I would have to say it is a superior series, in no small part because it actually has an ending.

Also watched Line of Duty, a 5-episode BBC miniseries about cops and corruption, and it's by far the best cop-related show I've seen in a while. It's available on Hulu and you should definitely check it out.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

What's an aftermatch?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Since basically nobody other than me and Deadpool have even mentioned Rectify in the poll thread, let me show you something:

http://youtu.be/JYTuzGTpdTY?t=6m25s

If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what you want in your depths of your ignorance from me.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

precision posted:

Since basically nobody other than me and Deadpool have even mentioned Rectify in the poll thread, let me show you something:

http://youtu.be/JYTuzGTpdTY?t=6m25s

If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what you want in your depths of your ignorance from me.

drat, I'm sold.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't get it, quiet but intimidating villain monologues are SHIELD-level hokey. What's the appeal?

Glug_Glug
Feb 17, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

I don't get it, quiet but intimidating villain monologues are SHIELD-level hokey. What's the appeal?

He's not a villain.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Hooked on The Carrie Diaries.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Skylark posted:

Hooked on The Carrie Diaries.

Good news, doctors have found a cure :)

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

I don't get it,

You certainly don't.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Rarity posted:

Good news, doctors have found a cure :)

Cancellation? (Isn't it on the chopping block?)

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

hope and vaseline posted:

Cancellation? (Isn't it on the chopping block?)

I assume it's going to keep going until it catches up chronologically to the first episode of Sex and the City.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
:stare:

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/tv_club/features/2013/the_year_in_tv/best_tv_2013_2_broke_girls_and_economic_inequality.html

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It's Slate(TM).

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

OH NO THEY FOUND OUT WHERE IRISH JOE WORKS.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

He was right the whole drat time :negative:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hey I'm 4 eps into Rectify and my immersion is ruined because that is NOT the green hill zone music playing when Daniel is playing sonic at the start.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I've been watching American Horror Story on Netflix and it seems like total crap.

Am I alone in this opinion? I saw it won awards but I can't tell why it would. The first season was dumb and cliche and the second season was dumb and uncomfortable and cliche.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Djeser posted:

I've been watching American Horror Story on Netflix and it seems like total crap.

Am I alone in this opinion? I saw it won awards but I can't tell why it would. The first season was dumb and cliche and the second season was dumb and uncomfortable and cliche.
Yeah I'd say that yours is the unpopular opinion. The consensus seems to be that people enjoyed season 1 but felt that season 2 was muuuuuch better, and I'm of that opinion too. Some people didn't like season 1 that much but loved season 2. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone say they flat out disliked both seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Djeser posted:

It won awards coz the network exploited loopholes to have it entered as a miniseries each year, thus giving it minimal competition.

• Locked thread