Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

~America's Team~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I, a Texan, hate the cowboys and every one of their fans.

GO BEARS!

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Did they gently caress up the poll, or is this from a past year? (gently caress the cowboys)

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
People in Texas who don't really like sports will still watch and root for the Cowboys. When it comes to local teams we've got them and the Texans so really it's a lose lose.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Enlighten the eurotrash, please. Why are the Cowboys assholes to such an extent that the entirety of non-Texas USA hate them?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheBlobThing posted:

Enlighten the eurotrash, please. Why are the Cowboys assholes to such an extent that the entirety of non-Texas USA hate them?

Basically they are/were a huge bandwagon team in the 90s/now. People buy cowboys poo poo and are 'fans' even though they live nowhere near Texas or have ever been there.

Also everyone should hate Tony Romo.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Ah, they're your Manchester United. Gotcha.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Elfface posted:

Ah, they're your Manchester United. Gotcha.

Was about to say that.

Patriots are Arsenal, City is Baltimore, and the Raiders are whoever is in last place.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
A guy does Chatroulette while singing and dancing to Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball. The reactions are fantastic.

Mildly :nws: Naked man on a tow rope/workout ball "wrecking ball" :nws:

Full video here

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Plinkey posted:

Basically they are/were a huge bandwagon team in the 90s/now. People buy cowboys poo poo and are 'fans' even though they live nowhere near Texas or have ever been there.

My boss sent out a Christmas email to everyone on our division and some of her professional associates from outside the work center. The professional associates didn't realize that it went to our entire division (it was a condensed mailing list) and started to reply to all to chat with each other about their holiday plans.

Eventually it came out that one guy was going to Texas and this other dude just started blasting on him for going to "human being rear end texas" with "steers and queers" and just going on and on about "Tony Homo".

I enjoyed emailing them all to let them know that they are sending all this to the entire division.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ragequit posted:

A guy does Chatroulette while singing and dancing to Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball. The reactions are fantastic.

Full video here

I believe his name is Steve Cardynal and he's got some other videos with Katy Perry songs that had me in tears.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TheBlobThing posted:

People always hate a winner :smug:

:smith:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

TheBlobThing posted:

It's partly hate for the cowboys and partly our love of racist caricatures.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ragequit posted:

Full video here

This is beautiful.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ragequit posted:

Full video here

This guy has a bunch of these. They're all pretty funny if you dig the man in drag bit.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

mind the walrus posted:

This guy has a bunch of these. They're all pretty funny if you dig the man in drag bit.

You don't?

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

TheBlobThing posted:

Their owner is a complete and utter prick at all times to everyone, in addition to everything else. There is a hole in the roof of their domed stadium so "God can watch his team play."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kruller posted:

Their owner is a complete and utter prick at all times to everyone, in addition to everything else. There is a hole in the roof of their domed stadium so "God can watch his team play."

Whereas the Redskins owner is a good as hell guy.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
A lot of people don't hate the Cowboys team so much as they hate Cowboy fans. Good in the 70's, mediocre at best in the 80's, then dominated with 3 titles in 4 years in the early 90's. You get a terrible mix of "DONT MESS WITH TEXAS" horseshit that you'd expect from Texas as well as a Hell of a lot of bandwagon idiots that just want to follow a winner. The fact that they haven't actually been that good in a decade (1 playoff game win in 17 years.) doesn't stop their fans from pretending they're relevant.

Add in that they're the self proclaimed "America's Team" and you get things like the map that was posted earlier.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Soulex posted:

Patriots are Arsenal

Patriots win trophies though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I told a Cowboys fan that the Patriots were now America's team and he threw his beer in my face and wanted to fight right then and there. It's sad that a small number of incredibly vocal fans makes you hate them all.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Plinkey posted:

This is the opposite of what is correct and right.

Imgur wouldn't let me upload the gift, so have a link to it instead :shobon:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

A lot of people don't hate the Cowboys team so much as they hate Cowboy fans. Good in the 70's, mediocre at best in the 80's, then dominated with 3 titles in 4 years in the early 90's. You get a terrible mix of "DONT MESS WITH TEXAS" horseshit that you'd expect from Texas as well as a Hell of a lot of bandwagon idiots that just want to follow a winner. The fact that they haven't actually been that good in a decade (1 playoff game win in 17 years.) doesn't stop their fans from pretending they're relevant.

Add in that they're the self proclaimed "America's Team" and you get things like the map that was posted earlier.

Yeah, the "America's Team" crap was a deliberate marketing scheme by Pete Rozelle back in the '70s to raise the profile of the league. Cowboys poo poo was everywhere. There were even movies about the Cowboys Cheerleaders. The idea was to get them so much in everyone's faces that fans would either love them or hate them. He didn't really care if fans rooted for or against the Cowboys as long as they turned their TVs on to watch them.

Unfortunately, the scheme seems to have worked, as it built NFL fan interest and profits enormously. Also unfortunately, the lesson was learned by others and over-hyping the poo poo out of stuff has become commonplace.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

Cowboys poo poo was everywhere. There were even movies about the Cowboys Cheerleaders.

I was so sure this was going to be Debbie Does Dallas.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I don't even follow football, but one of my favorite things is watching Jared Padalecki (Sam from Supernatural) lose his poo poo about Tony Romo on twitter when the Cowboys gently caress up another game. He's from Texas also, so it's just that much better he hates that team.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Cowboys these days are lead by a guy who, when the game's on the line, picks up the soccer ball then throws it in his goal. Possibly giving his keeper a concussion with it in the process.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I can't believe I'm defending the Cowboys but that poll is from last year when the Redskins made the playoffs for the first time in forever and RG3 was super popular. If they were playing New York or Philadelphia for the playoff spot they still probably would have lost the poll but it wouldn't have been so bad.

Also how dare anyone badmouth Romo.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

13 INCH DICK posted:

I believe his name is Steve Cardynal and he's got some other videos with Katy Perry songs that had me in tears.

The first video by him I saw was around a year ago when he did "Call me maybe". I think the best part about him is the way the viewers go from shocked/bewildered to amused to enthusiastic so quickly.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Interesting. So what do you guys think about the Raiders?

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Mescal posted:

Never go to a Raiders game and wear the opposite team's colors. Also, cheer for the FadersRaiders.

I mean, unless you like getting stabbed or something.

e: Humorous picture:

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Mescal posted:

I think they can all go eat a bag of dicks.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
In any game where the Raiders are playing, I hope the opposing team wins and the Raiders' return flight crashes into the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum and destroys it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The only funny thing about football is that picture with two players hugging and the other guy's shirt says Gay.

That's it.

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum

Snowy posted:

The only funny thing about football is that picture with two players hugging and the other guy's shirt says Gay.

That's it.

Disagree

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

KittenofDoom posted:

In any game where the Raiders are playing, I hope the opposing team wins and the Raiders' return flight crashes into the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum and destroys it.

The correct answer. I don't even watch football and hate the raiders due to their loving awful fans, worst part of living in CA.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Everyone please shut the gently caress up about handegg.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

mind the walrus posted:

You better believe I dig the man in drag bit and his Chatroulette videos are some of my favourites on YouTube. The original was Lady Gaga but I think it got removed because I can't find it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

It took me a full 30 seconds to untangle that mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Plinkey posted:

Ha ha that's definitely seth from UYD. I did think it was odd he was such a big fan. It's no real different over here though. The running jokes about all man utd fans travelling up from london etc. The distances are pretty different though.

Seth supporting the cowboys is like me supporting a russian team or some thing.

• Locked thread