Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

ColHannibal posted:

You sir have not been to certain parts of LA. When I lived in Calabasas there was always a gaggle of super cars parked in the local supermarket parking lot.

Quite right, I happened to be in OC for all of a couple of hours and picked up shots of these at the Irvine Spectrum. Not shown: SLS 'vert my phone was too slow to pick up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Cross-posting from TFR, can anyone identify this vehicle:

I'm thinking some kind of airport vehicle.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

cheese-cube posted:

Cross-posting from TFR, can anyone identify this vehicle:

I'm thinking some kind of airport vehicle.

I've never seen an airport vehicle that looks like that, it looks more like a rail car conversion of some awesome kind.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The Banana Splits theme music is playing in my head looking at that thing.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Linedance posted:

I've never seen an airport vehicle that looks like that, it looks more like a rail car conversion of some awesome kind.

I was thinking the same thing (converted, motorized railroad handcart).

But, after some digging it looks like the South African army likes to rely on Gecho 8x8 ATVs.

http://www.lmt.co.za/gecko.php

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forces_de_d%C3%A9fense_d%E2%80%99Afrique_du_Sud

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gec...iw=1440&bih=814

anonumos fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Dec 31, 2013

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Ferrari FX by Pininfarina based on the 512 for the Sultan of Brunei

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Doesn't Clapton have something similar? a one off rebody 430 or 456 that's supposed to be like his old 512TR?

Either way, I'm always stumped when I see a Ferrari that's anything but Ferrari Red or rear end in a top hat Yellow

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
458 to look like the 512BB, not 512TR

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

neckbeard posted:

I dunno. the front end screams 4th gen Firebird to me for some reason. I don't like it.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I dunno, I'm getting a kind of Saturn SC1 vibe off of it. Though I agree, I don't like it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
All I can see is this.

But that actually looks way better.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Judging by the wheels it may have started life as a F512 M. If so then that re-body is, at worst, a lateral move.

neckbeard posted:

458 to look like the 512BB, not 512TR

No matter how many times I look at this I just can't figure out whether or not I like it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Q_res posted:

Judging by the wheels it may have started life as a F512 M. If so then that re-body is, at worst, a lateral move.

No matter how many times I look at this I just can't figure out whether or not I like it.

I think it's the other way around - started as an FX and now looks vaguely like a 512.

But yes, it looks a lot more "melted '90s GM product" than anything else to me.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

What do you mean "started as an FX"?

Regardless, some quick research says that they built 7 of these. They are indeed rebodied 512Ms, with Williams F1 gearboxes no less.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Well then I just plain misread it as FXX and assumed that it started as one of these :downs:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

If you're ever in DC again and want to gawk at some supercars, show up in Georgetown on a Saturday night. One time I saw an F40, a Gallardo, and two Benz SLSes in the space of about an hour.

Yes, you can see all the fastest cars in the world sit in stand-still traffic so drunk rear end in a top hat college kids can mock the rear end in a top hat millionaires showing them off.
This was taken on a Saturday night night in Georgetown:

I was reminded of it today because I was behind a Rav4 with the plate 8B88888.

Edit: also I like Clapton's Ferrari

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Q_res posted:

I really like it. I think it captures an old school Ferrari look and feel while still keeping it modern. I'm not even remotely bothered by the two tone paint either.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

neckbeard posted:

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Wow, Even those awful five-spoke swirly rims are reminiscent of 90s GM glurge. I was thinking bad McLaren F1 kitcar but that nails it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

anonumos posted:

I was thinking the same thing (converted, motorized railroad handcart).

But, after some digging it looks like the South African army likes to rely on Gecho 8x8 ATVs.

http://www.lmt.co.za/gecko.php

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forces_de_d%C3%A9fense_d%E2%80%99Afrique_du_Sud

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gec...iw=1440&bih=814

The driver looks like he's straight out of a cartoon.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ford's solution for the Mustang when the legal limit on speedometers was 85mph.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'm okay with this.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

IOwnCalculus posted:

Well then I just plain misread it as FXX and assumed that it started as one of these :downs:

you can buy an FFX now in Greenwich CT, http://www.millermotorcars.com/2006-ferrari-fxx-evoluzione-c-1259.htm?make=FERRARI&
I am sure restrictions apply

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

craig588 posted:

Also 5-digit odometers, aka "Yeah our cars probably won't last 100k, deal with it."

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

13 INCH DICK posted:

I think I'm okay with this.

There's a whole bunch of articles about this car and the guy who owns it up on Jalopnik. Saw him and the car at a show, they are both completely loving ridiculous but he owns that ridiculousity.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
For the 4x4 lot:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Work with what you've got I guess :rock:

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...
bought an xbox 1 from a new friend earlier today, he showed me his 335i

he claims that it was fftec's test mule for their single turbo kit, this one is actually a record holder at just under 800 hp... pretty crazy.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
E : Don't mind me.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

kalvick posted:

you can buy an FFX now in Greenwich CT, http://www.millermotorcars.com/2006-ferrari-fxx-evoluzione-c-1259.htm?make=FERRARI&
I am sure restrictions apply

The white car/black projectors looks terrible.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

The white car/black projectors looks terrible.

I saw it and thought "Whoa, the Zonda Cinque has an ugly sister."

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

The white car/black projectors FXX looks terrible.

Yeah, I said it. :colbert:

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

drukqs posted:

bought an xbox 1 from a new friend earlier today, he showed me his 335i

he claims that it was fftec's test mule for their single turbo kit, this one is actually a record holder at just under 800 hp... pretty crazy.

800hp? Jeez, totally unassuming

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hallowed Turban posted:

Till it turns on I'm guessing.

ChloroformSeduction
Sep 3, 2006

THERE'S NO CURE FOR BEING A CUNT, SO PLEASE KEEP REMINDING ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Not sure if this is for here or SAS, but I mainly lurk this forum the last while. This is the Jimco my dad had built to compete in the Dakar in a couple days. They did some trials in California (pictured, this is before they put the decals on), and then shipped the car to Argentina.

Also, after the decals were added:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChloroformSeduction fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 3, 2014

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

Hallowed Turban posted:

No poo poo. That is the best kind of 800hp. A car that looks almost completely stock, even when you pop the hood.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

ChloroformSeduction posted:

Not sure if this is for here or SAS, but I mainly lurk this forum the last while. This is the Jimco my dad had built to compete in the Dakar in a couple days. They did some trials in California (pictured, this is before they put the decals on), and then shipped the car to Argentina.

Also, after the decals were added:

Yeah, I'm gonna need about a million more pictures and breakdowns please!

ChloroformSeduction
Sep 3, 2006

THERE'S NO CURE FOR BEING A CUNT, SO PLEASE KEEP REMINDING ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
I was going to post a pile of photos as per your request but then realized a link to the facebook albums will give you more to peruse: https://www.facebook.com/martillo2dakar/photos_albums

I haven't seen this one in person (the Durango), since I have a 3 month old. The smaller Jimcos are still super fun to drive (not that my giant pregnant belly could shoehorn in them lately), but they needed to go up a bit for the Dakar. It was a quick build, since he just decided last minute to enter. I wanted to go down for the whole thing, but work commitments and baby meant taking a month off was pretty impossible, but I'm heading down in 2 weeks to see him cross the finish line.

Mike_P
Aug 4, 2006

"I dunnoooow"

craig588 posted:

My '84 Z28

Becuase I have the trip meter, it just pegs against it at 85, but on the base models without it the needle just keeps going around again:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style