Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

ThreeFish posted:

I'm so happy this holiday season is almost over. I am so tired of getting yelled at for saying "Happy Holidays!" We have to have our valentines candy by tomorrow, though. I really loving hate this job.

Is this happy holidays/merry christmas thing an actual thing? I don't have cable and I don't really check the local news all that much and GBS used to be my main source for news. But that sort of changed for some reason I haven't been able to figure out (?). So many MANY people yelled at me for saying happy holidays instead of merry christmas. I just kept saying, "But not everybody celebrates Christmas, you know?" I pissed a great deal of people off.

People suck in general. As long as it's not meant in a mean way, I'm fine with "merry christmas," "happy holidays," or really anything except "gently caress off and die."

I usually stick with "have a good day/evening," even during the holidays. Nobody gets offended. If they wish you a merry christmas/happy hannukah/kwazy kwanzaa/tip-top-Tet/sober dignified ramadan in response, just say "Thank you! You as well!" Life is WAY too short to be pissed off at people over petty BS, or to subject yourself to people who get pissed over petty BS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

This year I stuck with "Have a good day/morning/evening" and almost everyone responded with Merry Christmas. Not only did I not experience any holiday greeting drama, I don't know anyone who has either. Maybe its the new Pope (heh), but people seemed extra chill this year.

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

I probably said "happy holidays" a few times this year, mostly just stuck to my usual "have a great day" because I'm so much on auto pilot now that I forget to say it. Thew few times I did say it I got mostly merry christmas back and at least one person sounded like they were emphasizing it in a way to respond negatively to me saying holidays and not christmas.

I was surprised how slow it has been. I worked Saturday through Tuesday (well technically I've worked every day since last Sunday, but those 4 were the only actual shifts) and it was pretty slow. Saturday was quite busy and Monday night got a little busy. Twice during the night I ended up doing customer juggling where I'd help someone, they'd go off on their own and I helped someone else, then go back to the first, then pick up a third. I think maybe the 49ers final home game might've cut the traffic a lot.

Christmas Eve felt dead, but I think they scheduled me too early for the rush, I was there 10 to 2pm and it only started picking up around 1. Which is fine by me.

I got away with no one yelling at me or getting angry at me this week, the actual store employees didn't get to escape that though.. I had one little girl hug me after I answered her dad's printer questions which was nice but also shocked me considerably.

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

Founder and President of The E/N Log Cabin
I did give in after a while and just say merry christmas or have a good night! like I usually do. But gently caress. I wasn't trying to be a militant atheist or ironically PC or whatever. I respect that there are a lot of different religions and I sincerely meant happy holidays to whatever holiday is happening around this time of year for whatever person.

Ugh. I probably will rethink my walmart plan. I don't think I'd be any happier. Plus I'd have to bother with a drug test again, and I'd really rather not. I'm planning on finally taking the dive and leaving my husband no matter what when we get taxes back in the spring and just being able to transfer to another Family Dollar would probably be in my best interest.

Anyway, corporate had instructed us to use happy holidays instead of merry christmas.

There's a few dapper gentlemen that come in fairly often to buy moneypaks. I really hope they muster up the courage to ask if our store will consider accepting bitcoin.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

ThreeFish posted:

I'm planning on finally taking the dive and leaving my husband no matter what when we get taxes back in the spring and just being able to transfer to another Family Dollar would probably be in my best interest.

Wait, what? Does he know this, have you been married long, is it not so bad that you can hold out another half year? Geez, you went the e/n route but left out all the juicy detals!

Admitted a divorce requires some cold planning, yours seems arctic.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Keetron posted:

Wait, what? Does he know this, have you been married long, is it not so bad that you can hold out another half year? Geez, you went the e/n route but left out all the juicy detals!

Admitted a divorce requires some cold planning, yours seems arctic.

I'm not sure forcing yourself to hang around another 6 months is going to soften the blow much. :raise:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Just found out I'm only scheduled 20 hours for the next two weeks, what with our store cutting every part timer's hours down because "slow season". I get the feeling it'd be less if our employee contracts didn't guarantee 10 hours a week. At least gives me plenty of time to search for a new job :v:

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 2, 2014

uptown
May 16, 2009
I hear that. My job guarantees me 15 hours/week as per my contract, so instead of giving me two 7.5 hour shifts like a normal job, in January/February I have weeks where I have three 5 hour shifts instead. I know it's the same amount of money, but gently caress, I'm changing my availability for March.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
My store gives me 29 hours period. But they're hosed and will give me two 10 hour shifts and then a 3 and then a 6. Or sometimes it's three 9s and a 2 hour shift.

Assholes I tell you.

martyrdumb
Nov 24, 2009

pants are overrated

Inudeku posted:

2 hour shift

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

Pretty much. I mean, to be fair those aren't often but 3 and 4 hour shifts are extremely prevelant because they can ask you to stay longer or just cut you an hour in. I've gotten breaks (30 minutes unpaid) on 3 hour shifts. :negative:

martyrdumb
Nov 24, 2009

pants are overrated

Inudeku posted:

Pretty much. I mean, to be fair those aren't often but 3 and 4 hour shifts are extremely prevelant because they can ask you to stay longer or just cut you an hour in. I've gotten breaks (30 minutes unpaid) on 3 hour shifts. :negative:

Sick management at your company, it sounds like. Lunch breaks aren't needed (or IMO advisable) under 5 hours.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Inudeku posted:

At least in my state (MA), the minimum shift is 3 hours.

Which is what my store gives me.

And only one (1) a week.

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

Founder and President of The E/N Log Cabin

Keetron posted:

Geez, you went the e/n route but left out all the juicy detals!

He knows. We've been together since we were 12. We got married when I was 22 (ish?) and we already had 2 kids. I'm now 40 and we have 3 kids. It really is all so E/N it's pitiful. I've been wanting a divorce since I was about 27 but my mother has always pressured me to stay and I'm a pretty well documented doormat.

Anyway, I walked out of my job on NYE. I was nice and finished out my shift. I just couldn't do it anymore. I had so much to do. It was truck day and I had literally thousands of items to put away and there were so many customers and just me to deal with it all. I started crying and told my boss I quit after my shift. Yay?? :iiam:

thirdtuesday
Jan 1, 2007
Penny Loaded Advice
I could go into long and awesome details about my experience at Wal-Mart, but I'll keep this short. I keep getting placed into awkward situations. Like, my zone manager promised me and other associates, but had hired me for replacing my previous supervisor( she said she wanted me to be trained in Jewelry first, which was suspicious). I didn't, nor did any of the people she promised in my area, get an interview. A month later after firing said previous supervisor, they rehired her. YAY! So, now, I have two coworkers who think they can tell me what to do like their the boss, and my current supervisor is kind of the most chill about things. She's great.

It's just my two coworkers that are giving me grief, on top of the craziness that is working in apparel at Wal-Mart. I literally work the whole store by having to work the phone and the jewelry counter. The schedules are also getting to me. My most annoying coworker, who has never been a supervisor because she is crazy and awful, has made my shifts by making it her's so limiting.(My ex supervisor technically isn't supposed to be working Jewelry, but you know, screw common sense. So she gets free reign on her schedule.) Unfortunately, she also comes in on her days off and shops for hours, harassing me a lot of time. I have told management but they chalk it up to "catty women will be catty women" and nothing gets done. Management knows this coworker is harassing everyone about the most menial details but all they do is have my zone talk to her, and that just makes it worse.

I just get so annoyed that I almost want to just quit by slapping someone, seriously. I have never met such annoying coworkers until this store. Sadly, this is my third one. I actually liked a smaller store I was working at, but it was so far away I had to transfer to be closer to home, to this hell hole of awkward situations. The only problem with that store, on top of the long drive, was the hours. I was working three thirty to twelve thirty and then had to come back at six thirty until three thirty the next morning. But that's Wal-Mart for you, killing you slowly...

And yes, that's keeping it short. Sorry for the rant, but I kind of needed it. I'm typing this late because I got off late and go back in at seven in the morning. I'm just so giddy about it :D

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

ThreeFish posted:

He knows. We've been together since we were 12. We got married when I was 22 (ish?) and we already had 2 kids. I'm now 40 and we have 3 kids. It really is all so E/N it's pitiful. I've been wanting a divorce since I was about 27 but my mother has always pressured me to stay and I'm a pretty well documented doormat.

Anyway, I walked out of my job on NYE. I was nice and finished out my shift. I just couldn't do it anymore. I had so much to do. It was truck day and I had literally thousands of items to put away and there were so many customers and just me to deal with it all. I started crying and told my boss I quit after my shift. Yay?? :iiam:

drat, but now I see your big red title. Wear it like a badge of honor.

Well, the job is out of the way and I take it the kids moved out more or less. Now all you need is a place to stay and your tax return and ... there will be another reason to stick around.

Wait, this is the retail thread. I work in retail head office for a large grocery chain and I can tell you grunts on the floor that when it comes to IT, our main concern is to serve customers as much and as fast as possible. If this benefits the employees that is a bonus. Also, we do not deal with customers but there is this one guy here who does an undercover boss thing one day a year to remember what it is like to stock shelves. He is the only one I know who does this.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
For the third loving night in a row - THERE ARE NO MORE BUTTER CHICKEN OR THAI CHICKEN PIES. What's in the cabinet is what we have! Of course there's gently caress all, it's midnight on a drat Tuesday!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

left_unattended posted:

For the third loving night in a row - THERE ARE NO MORE BUTTER CHICKEN OR THAI CHICKEN PIES. What's in the cabinet is what we have! Of course there's gently caress all, it's midnight on a drat Tuesday!

Screw you! I want a drat butter chicken thai pie! I know you've got more in the back! There's always more in the back!

What's a thai chicken pie by the way, sound delicious.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

YF19pilot posted:

Screw you! I want a drat butter chicken thai pie! I know you've got more in the back! There's always more in the back!

What's a thai chicken pie by the way, sound delicious.

The first two nights they asked if there were more in the back, and were told no. Tonight he thought he was so clever because he heard the oven buzz and told me the bake was ready, but I was cooking the turnovers.

It's thai green curry with chicken in a pie shell. They're ridiculously popular, especially on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

left_unattended posted:

The first two nights they asked if there were more in the back, and were told no. Tonight he thought he was so clever because he heard the oven buzz and told me the bake was ready, but I was cooking the turnovers.

It's thai green curry with chicken in a pie shell. They're ridiculously popular, especially on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

That does sound like a really good hangover cure to be honest. drat, I'm gonna have to go make a pie and fill it with Thai chicken curry now. It sounds awesome.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Got a call from a lady today who lives at one of the mucky-muck hoity-toity country clubs in our area who was looking to get a screen storm door (what?) for her front door and didn't want to drive ALL THE WAY UP THERE to look and see what we had only to get shown one thing and a brochure tossed at her. So when I can't answer her question, before I can even pass her on to the service manager who knows better than I do, she gets all pissy and condescending.

THEN when I pass her off to the service manager, Miss Nose-in-the-Air says she wants a SCREEN door, not a screen storm door. Few hours later, she shows up in a rain suit lookin' like a moron.

Yeah, gently caress you bitch, I played on your highbrow private rich-person country club golf course for free AND pissed on your bushes. t:haw:

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 9, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Why is it that old people are always the biggest pains in the rear end?

Today a woman bought a display Christmas tree for something like 80% off. I get an earful because it's not Senior Day.. .that's the first Wed of the month.

Why, but that was New Year's Day, you say. And you'd be correct. It was. And we had it that day. In the past, my store has moved Senior Day to the following week if it happened to fall on a holiday. We did that a few years ago when the 4th of July was on a Wednesday.

Her: "WELL YOU HAD IT THE 2ND WEDNESDAY A FEW YEARS AGO! I KEEP TRACK OF THOSE THINGS, YOU KNOW!"

Me: "Yes Ma'am, you're right. We did. We all expected corporate to push it back to today due to the holiday last week, but they never did. We were as surprised as you are."

Her: "Well, I could have gotten here last week. How was I supposed to know?" (Oh, maybe the advertising we do in-store a week before, the flyers we send out to literally goddamn everyone, and the huge loving banner outside of the store the day of? Or you could have just picked up your loving phone and called.)

Me: "Ma'am, I'm sorry. But it was last week."

Her: "Well that box is all torn up! I should get a discount!" (it was the display model, so we had no others in the store, and the box had been sitting in the back room. Admittedly, it had seen better days.)

Me: "Ma'am, if the product was defective I'd be happy to call the manager on duty to see if she'd authorize a discount, but I guarantee you that you won't get one just because of a damaged box. I'd be happy to tape it up for you, though." (One of the seams was split. I got the tape gun and went to town on that mofo)

Her: "Well there's a spot over here too that's torn! Fix that, too!" (Seeing as you said "please" lady let me just get right on that. Bitch. The spot in question was maybe a little bit of scraped cardboard that didn't even penetrate the box.)

Her: "Are you going to leave it open? You aren't going to tape it shut?" (Sigh. I taped the loving thing completely shut to keep her artificial Christmas tree safe in storage until December.)

Once I finished, she left without so much as a thank you or an acknowledgement that I did anything. She turned her attention to the poor bastard who had to help her out to her car. I could hear her barking orders at him as she was walking out the door.

If I'm ever a pain in the rear end old person I want someone to smother me with a pillow in my sleep.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 9, 2014

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
I went to Target last night and noticed "dots" on outs and got a little reminiscent of my old job (different store). I then almost started straightening things and got a little twitchy about things not being where they're supposed to. I've been out of retail for a year now, and I kinda miss it, until I read stories like that old lady above and never mind, gently caress that.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dead Pikachu posted:

I went to Target last night and noticed "dots" on outs and got a little reminiscent of my old job (different store). I then almost started straightening things and got a little twitchy about things not being where they're supposed to. I've been out of retail for a year now, and I kinda miss it, until I read stories like that old lady above and never mind, gently caress that.

Yeah, I had a slightly less pain in the rear end old person that day, too, who also thought it was Senior Day. I got an earful from her, too, but it was more just a run of the mill customer snit from someone who isn't getting what they want.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Customer flips out for a bad split second judgement call I make. I've been getting positive surveys and really happy interactions with people the last week. She vows to do a negative survey (which weighs about 6 good ones) and we've had 100% so far. (if we keep it high, we do barbecues and things). This new store has amazing management and coworkers, so I'm going to feel bad if I go in tomorrow and see she filled out a bad survey. The managers understand, which is nice, but still bothersome.

I know I suck with social skills, triple that with strangers, and retail amplifies that weakness. But this has been bugging me today.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

What did you say?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

kazmeyer posted:

What did you say?

A customer asked for help, and I told her I'd be there to help her shortly (I was cutting down the line at the register). As I was on my way to help her, I helped a man on the way to her, as to kill two birds with one stone. She was going to buy some printers while the other man had a question regarding the location of batteries and canned air. I can see where she thought I abandoned her, since I spent a minute or two helping the man. But she escalated incredibly fast and stormed out before we knew it. It could have been prevented, but I made the assumption she would have been understanding seeing as she was looking at other products in the mean time.

buglord fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 12, 2014

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

Dale Carnegie
I need a new job.

Yesterday:

And today:

And it was still just your average weekend.

ETA: I work graveyards at one of the few 24-hour food providers in town, which just happens to be two streets away from Hooker Ave.

left_unattended fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 12, 2014

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Uggh. I have this nasty rear end coworker who is a disgusting pervert and I can't get rid of him. Let me set the stage:
6'3", 280lbs, 40 year old man-child. Aspergers. Lives at home with his elderly parents. Raging oral herpes. Doesn't bathe, doesn't wash his clothes. Talks like he's in the 40's because he has never known anything except his home life with his parents, whom by the way drive him to work every day.

He's constantly "subtlety" hitting on male customers and hinting at his homosexuality. He literally does poo poo like leaves erotic fiction books sticking half way out of his locker and has fake phone conversations in the break room where he makes plans to go clubbing. His out-of-work attire is a trench coat, fedora, and decorative cane, which I'm almost positive is a cane-sword.

Anyways, every time he gets called out for doing something insane, such as offering female staff if any of their boyfriends want a blowjob, "on the house". I end up hearing about it as second-hand information and I can't ever get the original people involved to write a statement because they are scared of retaliation from a STD carrying Andre the giant. Every time I escalate an issue to HR, they tell me they have already been contacted by him over 2 dozen times for 8 difference incidents, and each time he says hes afraid of being discriminated against because of his sexual orientation and mental disabilities (clearly not the blatant sexual harassment). My boss, the only person who actually has the authority to can a motherfucker, simply doesn't care enough to lose an employee.

Today I caught him smelling me. Ahhh!

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

left_unattended posted:

I need a new job.

Yesterday:

And today:

And it was still just your average weekend.

ETA: I work graveyards at one of the few 24-hour food providers in town, which just happens to be two streets away from Hooker Ave.

If you think this is bad or even remarkable, you are not cut out for working in restaurants, my friend. Get out now.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Baldbeard posted:

Every time I escalate an issue to HR, they tell me they have already been contacted by him over 2 dozen times for 8 difference incidents, and each time he says hes afraid of being discriminated against because of his sexual orientation and mental disabilities (clearly not the blatant sexual harassment).

I would remind HR about sexual harassment laws in your area. Any kind of sexual advances, including, yes, man-on-man, is covered by sexual harassment laws. It's not as pretty as HR being able to 'come to the rescue' of some poor dame being hit on by knuckle dragging Neanderthals, but the law is the law, and this is potential lawsuit territory.

So, yeah, if you can't yourself file a legit complaint, I would try to encourage those with legitimate complaints to report those incidents. Maybe perhaps recommend to your boss that your coworkers or Mr. Filth there be retrained (translation: watch a video) regarding sexual harassment in the workplace. Don't force or coerce anyone, but try to get something in writing before he hits on Jock McFootball and gets hit back.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

Dale Carnegie

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

If you think this is bad or even remarkable, you are not cut out for working in restaurants, my friend. Get out now.

I know there's nothing remarkable about it. I'm just tired of dealing with drunks and hookers day in, day out. They're tiring.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

YF19pilot posted:

I would remind HR about sexual harassment laws in your area. Any kind of sexual advances, including, yes, man-on-man, is covered by sexual harassment laws. It's not as pretty as HR being able to 'come to the rescue' of some poor dame being hit on by knuckle dragging Neanderthals, but the law is the law, and this is potential lawsuit territory.

So, yeah, if you can't yourself file a legit complaint, I would try to encourage those with legitimate complaints to report those incidents. Maybe perhaps recommend to your boss that your coworkers or Mr. Filth there be retrained (translation: watch a video) regarding sexual harassment in the workplace. Don't force or coerce anyone, but try to get something in writing before he hits on Jock McFootball and gets hit back.

Yeah, unfortunately none of the male employees want to file a report because it would make them seem less alpha-dog or whatever. I can only do so much without the other party being willing to participate. Especially when the guy hides behind his "fear of being discriminated" and no-one wants to be on the wrong side of that. He also immediately takes on the personality of an 8-year old when being disciplined and will teary-eyed ask, "am I in trouble?". Some real Of Mice and Men poo poo.

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?
I've worked with someone who had pretty strong, noticeable aspergers (not the hurf-durf goon self-diagnosis) who clearly struggled to interact with people. He was very intelligent but would occasionally say or do something inappropriate, at which point our manager would take him aside to explain what the problem was, and usually follow it up with an email as he responded better to non-verbal communication. This system worked pretty well.

The point I'm making is that the condition does not make a person incapable of understanding that they've done something wrong, so your guy either has additional learning difficulties or is playing up on his condition because he knows he can get away with it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Customer brought in laptop for repair. It smelled like pee, had dead crickets in the optical drive, sticky keys, wet screen, and little beetles running under the keyboard, occasionally sticking their heads out and retreating back to darkness. :magical:

Needless to say it was a very short evaluation. I'm more bothered by the fact he seemed oblivious to it.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Avocados posted:

Customer brought in laptop for repair. It smelled like pee, had dead crickets in the optical drive, sticky keys, wet screen, and little beetles running under the keyboard, occasionally sticking their heads out and retreating back to darkness. :magical:

Needless to say it was a very short evaluation. I'm more bothered by the fact he seemed oblivious to it.

The piss smell, sticky keys, and wet screen I can understand, but how the gently caress does that guy get poo poo like crickets and beetles in his laptop unless he and/or his house are just such pieces of garbage that vermin can get in and he gives zero fucks?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

D34THROW posted:

The piss smell, sticky keys, and wet screen I can understand, but how the gently caress does that guy get poo poo like crickets and beetles in his laptop unless he and/or his house are just such pieces of garbage that vermin can get in and he gives zero fucks?

To be honest, I think computer ownership and internet access is to the point that even homeless bums and West Virginia hillbillies who still chop wood for heat and don't have actual running water have them. About the only people without computers and internet are the Amish, but even then the pollsters think they're lying.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

YF19pilot posted:

To be honest, I think computer ownership and internet access is to the point that even homeless bums and West Virginia hillbillies who still chop wood for heat and don't have actual running water have them. About the only people without computers and internet are the Amish, but even then the pollsters think they're lying.

The Amish have cellphones, because they "don't have moving parts" (sure thing buddy). Cellphones are tiny computers at this point, it's not much of a leap.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Baldbeard posted:

which I'm almost positive is a cane-sword.

Confirm it's a cane-sword and get him canned due to bringing a weapon to work. Alternatively call the cops because it's a concealed weapon and in most US jurisdictions that's a crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

YF19pilot posted:

I transferred stores recently and the clientele is higher class (but expectedly that much snobbier). So all the back woods folks I was used to dealing with were a thing of the past, until now. I told my technology manager about it and he told me I was too passive about the ordeal, and while true, I have no idea how to politely tell a guy "dude this computer is covered with bugs, get it away!". Still though, made a great story for the rest of the staff working that day :shobon: