Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Then you Dickeye, must carry that torch for both Inspector 666 and I. Bring your banana suit with you, if you must.

Like I wasn't already going to. I'm gonna run in a circle a whole bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Ctrl
Oct 9, 2007
I lost it.
Any of you dudes going to the Chicago Touche Amore show?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

New La Dispute is up for pre-order: http://hellomerch.com/collections/la-dispute/products/rooms-of-the-house

First song is up too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxVI0heXYMo

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006
Oh god I can't listen to this yet and it's killing me.

edit: ok just checked it out and it's amazing. I loved the stories that were told in Wildlife but I really hope this is an indication songs are going to be more like Somewhere at the Bottom.

scrooger fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 14, 2014

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
New BSI is streaming here https://backstabbersinc.bandcamp.com. Go listen to it now all of you.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

rivals posted:

New BSI is streaming here https://backstabbersinc.bandcamp.com. Go listen to it now all of you.

NEW BACKSTABBERS INC?

woa thats pretty unexpected

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah they announced it a few months back. I was hesitant before they released it but it's solid IMO.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Preordered the stupid vinyl edition instantly. I love this band far too much. I can't wait to hear this. I wonder whether the songs will be shorter, as it doesn't look like it's going to be a double album? I hope the songs and stories are just as rich and wonderful as ever. Also seeing them two nights in a row in London, and would get a ticket for the 3rd but I'm seeing NIN that night, so... The blue theme of the cover art will look all nice next to my copy of Is Survived By... too :D Not to be greedy or anything, but I hope we get some new PBTT soon as well. The Lack Long After is an amazing album, and Hiding was a great track.

Any other hardcore/screamo releases to look forward to this year? Would love it if we heard something from Envy in the not too distant future...

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006
Pianos is recording an album in 2014 so yeah it's gonna be a real good year.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Also new Dangers.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

nomapple posted:

Any other hardcore/screamo releases to look forward to this year? Would love it if we heard something from Envy in the not too distant future...

Speaking of Envy, I wish Heaven in Her Arms would release something new.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
speaking of envy, screamo is dead.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
New article about Laura Jane Grace http://grantland.com/features/a-true-trans-soul-rebel/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Well gently caress.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

stay depressed posted:

speaking of envy, screamo is dead.

Still listening to screamo and pretending I'm a teen again and life isn't poo poo

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

albear posted:

Still listening to screamo and pretending I'm a teen again and life isn't poo poo

:smith::hf::smith:

I put on La Quiete the other day and man they own.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

New Dangers is way better than Messy IMO (but we've had this convo in here already). The new tracks are great live, saw them twice in a weekend a few months back. Going to the record release show 1/31 and they are playing 4 shows around here that weekend so I'll be at 2-4 of them.

albear posted:

Also this forever and ever.

Inspector_666 posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

I put on La Quiete the other day and man they own.

Wearing a La Quiete shirt right now, wish I could see this band again.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

I, too, have a La Quiete shirt

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
I could probably listen to Daïtro- Laissez Vivre les Squelettes forever. That, or Funeral Diner- The Underdark. On a more emo note, I listened to Penfold- Amateurs & Professionals again today and man that album is so good.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Swept Under > Underdark IMO. But yeah Laissez is easily Daitro's best release I think. gently caress I miss the mid 2000s.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

I'm not even that big of a fan of Funeral Diner. I never really got too into them.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rivals posted:

Wearing a La Quiete shirt right now, wish I could see this band again.

I loving missed them when they came through Boston. I forget why, but it was either because I was in Iceland or a terrible reason and I regret it deeply.

I know I missed a baller Pissed Jeans/Ampere/some other folks show put on by friends at Tufts because I was out of the country :(

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

albear posted:

I'm not even that big of a fan of Funeral Diner. I never really got too into them.

I don't know what it is but I've always loved them. Maybe just nostalgia because they were the first screamo band i really got into.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

rivals posted:

Swept Under > Underdark IMO. But yeah Laissez is easily Daitro's best release I think. gently caress I miss the mid 2000s.

I haven't actually heard any other Funeral Diner album. I'll get on that ASAP! I'm revisiting Converge's pre-Jane Doe stuff, which contains probably some of my favourite riffs of theirs. I love the stuff they did from Jane Doe onwards, but holy poo poo were they good at stupidly riff-y metalcore.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Swept Under and Doors Open EPs are really good. Split with Ampere is amazing (though only 1 FD track, it's probably my favorite of theirs). The Wicked is good too. Difference Of Potential isn't bad but it gets the least rotation for me.

Also while we are reminiscing can we talk about Takaru? Because holy gently caress There Can Be Only None still holds up.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rivals posted:

Swept Under and Doors Open EPs are really good. Split with Ampere is amazing (though only 1 FD track, it's probably my favorite of theirs). The Wicked is good too. Difference Of Potential isn't bad but it gets the least rotation for me.

Also while we are reminiscing can we talk about Takaru? Because holy gently caress There Can Be Only None still holds up.

I was going to say that the Tour EP was the best since it has I Was The Sword, but apparently that track is on a lot of FD releases :v:

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
raein/daitro split + la quiete/louise cyphre split

nothing else needed

albear
Jun 7, 2001

How about Bucket Full of Teeth?

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.

Inspector_666 posted:

I loving missed them when they came through Boston. I forget why, but it was either because I was in Iceland or a terrible reason and I regret it deeply.
Best show I've ever seen and ever will see in my life was La Quiete playing a house show in Denton, TX on a 100+ degree day in August. You were drinking the sweat with each breath. I tried to record it on my minidisc but it crapped out almost instantly because of the heat and humidity. Really regret not driving to see their show in Tulsa the next night.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Do people here like TWIABPAIANlATD/topshelf records?

They linked this old ep of theirs on their facebook the other day that I'm really into http://bombsawayct.bandcamp.com/album/do-you-know-where-josh-bell-is

It's just like really loose punkrock and he's screaming, I love it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I do. Will have to check that out.

Also the new Dangers EP is out and while it's pretty good so far the production feels really muddled. Nothing hitting me so far the way Messy, Isn't It and especially Anger do.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
I'm giving away some tapes on Tuesday. 3 out of the 5 are core enough for this thread.

http://www.cvltnation.com/tapes-neon-god-cassette-giveaway/

I'm going to do a coupon code for entrants so don't buy anything. I repeat, never buy anything.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i need 4 of those but i dont want them for free

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Look, buddy, friend, guy. I'm gonna put your name in there twice and you can friggin' deal with it.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
cold

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

albear posted:

How about Bucket Full of Teeth?

I've got a couple of their records but never really got into them.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Gabbleduck posted:

Do people here like TWIABPAIANlATD/topshelf records?

They linked this old ep of theirs on their facebook the other day that I'm really into http://bombsawayct.bandcamp.com/album/do-you-know-where-josh-bell-is

It's just like really loose punkrock and he's screaming, I love it

I think only Derrick was in that band, but yeah TWIABP is pretty much my favorite current band right now and I'll check out anything Topshelf does.

Just got tickets to the Touche Amore/Mewithoutyou/Caravels show in CT. I've seen TA and MWY a couple times so I'm really just stoked to finally be seeing Caravels.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cf posted:

I'm giving away some tapes on Tuesday. 3 out of the 5 are core enough for this thread.

http://www.cvltnation.com/tapes-neon-god-cassette-giveaway/

I'm going to do a coupon code for entrants so don't buy anything. I repeat, never buy anything.
Nice. I'm in.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

So Celeste is currently looking for someone to help them book a US tour. Would travel to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anybody check out the new Adventures split with Run, Forever? It's streaming here. Adventures side sounds like both EPs, but the vocals are a bit low in the mix.
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2014/01/adventures_run_1.html