Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is why it's important to be respectful of others' beliefs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

JohnSherman posted:

The salt worked just fine. :colbert:

It failed in the sense that demon had a dude to wipe it away.

Edit: Haha Ichabod changing the subject when clothes are brought up.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 14, 2014

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Ansetif?
Also, gently caress, there's gonna be tea party douchebags isn't there>?

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 14, 2014

TheManFromFOXHOUND
Nov 5, 2011
Captions say Ancitif.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Ben Franklin: Demon Tamer
(with some help from the French)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Here's your historical reading for tonight: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louviers_possessions

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Glad to see Ben Franklin's getting in on the apocalypse.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Orlando Jones is tweeting some amazing pictures.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aw nice try Reverend, you did your best. :smith:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Postal Parcel posted:

Back to the neck snaps are we? Oh, how I've missed you Sleepy Hollow! :swoon:

drat, two in one night. Possibly more to come!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
drat, when did I sit on the remote and change to The Exorcist?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Ichabod as human ladder, I like it.

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Intuition as guided by experience
Is it impossible to write any date other than the current one in TV land?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
That's what I was thinking----like, what if he forsaw his death being the 18th but---shock!---he was wrong.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
That was....genuinely scary. I thought I was too drat old to get scared sitting alone and watching demon poo poo on the TV, but welp.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The scariest part was Ichabod in the devil's trouser. :stare:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man, the makeup/effects on Macey were pretty great!

RIP Redshirt Detective, you didn't do much, but you got a neck snapped for our entertainment :( (According to writer Twitter, his character's name is Devon Jones).

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Regy Rusty posted:

Here's your historical reading for tonight: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louviers_possessions

Uh oh, I think a large number of goons may be posses.

quote:

After the nuns at Louviers were afflicted, authorities undertook the task of cataloguing the symptoms of demonic possession. The treatise they developed included fifteen indications of true possession:
To think oneself possessed.
To lead a wicked life.
To live outside the rules of society.
To be persistently ill, falling into heavy sleep and vomiting unusual objects (either such natural objects as toads, serpents, maggots, iron, stones, and so forth; or such artificial objects as nails, pins, etc.).
To utter obscenities and blasphemies.
To be troubled with spirits ("an absolute and inner possession and residence in the body of the person").
To show a frightening and horrible countenance.
To be tired of living.
To be uncontrollable and violent.
To make sounds and movements like an animal.
To deny knowledge of fits after the paroxysm has ended.
To show fear of sacred relics and sacraments.
To curse violently at any prayer.
To exhibit acts of lewd exposure or abnormal strength.

That's like at least 90% of eve goons right there.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I hope George Washington was put on ice like Ichabod was and he wakes up at the end of the season finale.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Zombie Washington would be absolutely the best thing EVER.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Astrofig posted:

Zombie Washington would be absolutely the best thing EVER.

What about vampire Washington?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I always expected season 1 would end with a horde of undead/demons descending on the town and while Ichabod and the police are starring horrified at the coming madness, resurrected Washington and the ghosts of the Continental militia arrive to stop the horde.

I can't imagine a show getting more hype then having George Washington himself show up as a recurring cast member.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I mean he's like the chief of police so he probably doesn't really have to explain but I'd love to see that police report on what happened at the save house. A detective and a priest died having their necks snapped.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The scariest part was Ichabod in the devil's trouser. :stare:

I'm seriously bummed we didn't get to see pink-striped t-shirt Ichabod. The writers must have an entire wall of their writer's room just covered in silly fan art and are trying to make all of it a reality before the end of the show.

Great episode, but what the hell happened to Morales? Did they just leave him there at the safehouse unconcious? Or is he also dead now like his partner, Not-Chris Pine?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

pentyne posted:

I can't imagine a show getting more hype then having George Washington himself show up as a recurring cast member.

Season finale, Ichabod and Abbie are in trouble, John Noble's character dabs something on a page of Washington's bible and eats it, slowly looks up and faces Ichabod. "It's been a long time, Crane." Cut to black, end of season.

You welcome Sleepy Hollow.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

VDay posted:

Season finale, Ichabod and Abbie are in trouble, John Noble's character dabs something on a page of Washington's bible and eats it, slowly looks up and faces Ichabod. "It's been a long time, Crane." Cut to black, end of season.

And cancelled.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Digitized Clancy Brown!

Also...Jenny!

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

JohnSherman posted:

Haha, holy poo poo.

E: A sure sign of the impending apocalypse is skinny jeans.

I have said something to this effect about skinny jeans on more than one occasion. Ichabod is my homeboy :neckbeard:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This show does creepy effects very well. Besides the demon possession stuff this week, the creepy coven from the golem episode and basically anything with John Cho (especially him channelling the HH) are standout moments in that regard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I really liked was Irving not letting the demon threat just happen and instead just arrests the dude and calls in other people who were there.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I really want to see George Washington strapped with M16's and a colichemarde going toe to toe with Death. This would instantly be my favorite show of all time and forever.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHT4DV_Jxg

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

Something I really liked was Irving not letting the demon threat just happen and instead just arrests the dude and calls in other people who were there.

I've enjoyed what they've been doing with the Irving character for a few episodes now. He's the antithesis of the stereotypical by-the-numbers cop that acts as a roadblock for the protagonists in every show like this. He's like if Skinner from the X-files trusted Mulder right from the beginning, I'm very happy to be able to just skip that whole thing. He knows that Abby and Icabod are right about everything so why gently caress around?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

...how have I never before heard of this? It's literally The Blaxorcist.

e: oh, the video title already made that joke. Whoops.

precision fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 15, 2014

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

precision posted:

...how have I never before heard of this? It's literally The Blaxorcist.

e: oh, the video title already made that joke. Whoops.

You've never seen it?!?! Oh god you're in for a treat (for a certain value of treat of course...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckW5bcHNDs

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of massive black casts, I thought it was pretty cool that at the big lantern showdown, of the six people in the room, only one was white. Very unusual for a network show, and especially for one that's not explicitly targeted toward a black audience.

Any giflords want to make one of the beginning of the episode, where Irving is watching the interrogation on CC? The way it was lit combined with his expression just looked bad rear end.

Also, Orlando Jones has got some chops.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Someone's already pointed it out but this truly is the most glorious, goofiest loving show on TV. They see a date written on a book and instantly jump to fake death hijinx.

I'd actually stage a real life marrying of the show like one of those weirdo MLP guys if the next episode it turned out to be "December 18th 1799, a day which I won't live to see".

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Digitized Clancy Brown!

Also...Jenny!

The production of the film was met with an unusual threat when Louisville experienced a series of tornadoes that tore through the area around the set of Abby.

I lived in Louisville during this time. My elementary school was destroyed by the tornadoes. I have a souvenir brick somewhere in the garage.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I'm still having a hard time seeing Clancy Brown as the kindly, wise mentor. He creeped me out so bad in Carnivale it's etched in my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

KilGrey posted:

I'm still having a hard time seeing Clancy Brown as the kindly, wise mentor. He creeped me out so bad in Carnivale it's etched in my brain.

He creeped everyone out on Carnivale.

Which is probably why they casted him in the first place.

• Locked thread