Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The main event had HBK, Jericho, and Piper beat Mankind, Taker, and Jericho.

I these "Three Way Dances" are too complicated.

But if Doink is going Juggalo, that's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Just wanted to applaud the utterly bush-league crap you guys have pulled with Waltman over the last month. Multiple squashes in a night every night...truly impressive.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

The main event had HBK, Jericho, and Piper beat Mankind, Taker, and Jericho.

I these "Three Way Dances" are too complicated.

But if Doink is going Juggalo, that's fantastic.

My mistake, it was Mankind, Taker, and Goldust.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Is Yoko's weight a real concern within TEW or just something made up as flavor?

I'm really liking both sides here as they both have some really compelling story lines.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Nystral posted:

I'd be curious to know that as well. I know on TEW you can send guys to developmental to get in shape, so it makes sense that weight can be a negative when it comes to match rating.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Nystral posted:

I'm really liking both sides here as they both have some really compelling story lines.

Going by Joe's notes, a real concern.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Nystral posted:

He gets tired if he does too much in a match, and I think it hurts the rating.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Q7kid posted:

Just wanted to applaud the utterly bush-league crap you guys have pulled with Waltman over the last month. Multiple squashes in a night every night...truly impressive.

Just out of curiosity, from a game perspective how much damage are they doing to him?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Just out of curiosity, from a game perspective how much damage are they doing to him?

the function that measures popularity seems to only go by months, so we wouldn't be able to give any week by week measurements of any popularity loss.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

IcePhoenix posted:

I mean to begin with he wasn't really ever pulling that good of ratings so I can't really tell exactly how far if at all he dropped. Though I'd say he probably lost like 3 points of popularity based on our recent treatment of him, but he may have had not much to lose to begin with.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, why aren't you squashing 1-2-3 Kid on tv, WWF? Bury him in public!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Hurts ratings too much.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

He finished his feud with Skunkrocker, we really don't need to use him on TV any more than we are.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I Before E posted:

He finished his feud with Skunkrocker, we really don't need to use him on TV any more than we are.

Wait, he finished the feud with me? Yeah, right. gently caress Sean Waltman. What a dick. I hate his stupid greasy hair. Who does he think he is? Kirk Hammett? I hope he fails in his future endeavors. :colbert:

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
:siren:

Just kidding, that's from a different game. Nitro runs tonight, likely RAW as well.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Doink going Juggalo is amazing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Wait, he finished the feud with me? Yeah, right. gently caress Sean Waltman. What a dick. I hate his stupid greasy hair. Who does he think he is? Kirk Hammett? I hope he fails in his future endeavors. :colbert:

Yeah, he blinded and maybe killed 123 Kid by spraying him with the Skunk Spray for a massive dosage, don't you even watch/read Superstars

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

Doink going Juggalo is amazing.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

Yeah, he blinded and maybe killed 123 Kid by spraying him with the Skunk Spray for a massive dosage, don't you even watch/read Superstars

Uh, I don't have to watch or read Superstars. I'm a main eventer. :v:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Uh, I don't have to watch or read Superstars. I'm a main eventer. :v:

And about to take part in the first Money in The Bank match, where you're sure to make yourself famous. And definitely not cripple yourself.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

wergeck.net posted:

Here are the results for July Week 3 Nitro.

DARK MATCH: The One Man Gang (with James Mitchell) defeats "Hardwork" Bobby Walker with a 747 Splash. He is impressively dominant throughout. Bobby Walker was off his game

DARK MATCH: Terry Gordy, Hugh Morrus, and The Shark (with Jimmy Hart) defeat the Rock 'n Roll Express and Taka Michinoku when Morrus hits the No Laughing Matter on Michinoku. Gordy and Morrus look particularly tough during the bout.

DARK MATCH: Ric Flair and Barry Windham defeat Juventud Guerrera and The Mauler when Flair makes Guerrera submit to the figure-four leglock. Flair and Windham look fantastic and dominate the bout.

DARK MATCH: The Faces of Fear defeat the Nasty Boys

DARK MATCH: The Giant defeats Kevin Sullivan with a chokeslam. The Giant was off his game.

To open Nitro, Randy Savage defeats Big Bubba Rogers (with James Mitchell). Savage is wearing a cast on his broken arm, and Rogers works it over. Hulk Hogan meanders out during the match, a length of strap around his neck and cracking a weight-belt on the concrete floor for effect, but Savage still makes a comeback on Rogers despite the distraction and gets the pin after dropping the flying elbow with his good arm.

Randy Savage updates the audience on the polls--Fans Bring The Weapons is leading the vote, which is just fine by him. Hulk Hogan interrupts, declaring that Savage must be sacrificed to the Yappapi strapmaster gods, and that any good Hulkamaniac will cast their vote for the Yappapi Indian Strap Match. Savage says that's fine, too; it doesn't matter what the match stipulation is. Savage says he will face Hogan one-on-one at Hog Wild in a Fans' Choice Match, and he will take what Hogan holds most dear: the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. Hogan and Savage looked good.

Barry Windham talks with Ric Flair. He asks Flair what his game is. He sarcastically speculates that Flair came out there hoping to earn some sympathy, and rhetorically asks if he's just supposed to trust the Nature Boy because of one good deed. Flair replies, "Barry, I did go out there to help you. If nothing else, I owed you one. But I didn't do it expecting you to forgive me just like that. Maybe I don't even deserve your forgiveness. But I do know that whether you're my friend or my enemy, I couldn't let those so-called Horsemen get their hands on you. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who's willing to stand up to Anderson's thugs is worth helping, even if they turn around and punch me in the face after it's all said and done."

Windham considers the words for a moment, then replies, "If that's the case, then I owe you a thank you. And for right now at least... maybe I don't have to hunt the New Horsemen alone after all. I'm not making any commitments here, but you count on me having your back." Flair flashes that Nature Boy smile, and seems more alive than he's been in weeks. "Lone Wolf, we've fought a few wars in that ring, whether I was with you or against you. So I'm not afaid to tell you, if we're going back to war now, I'd be a drat fool if I said no to that! WOOOO!" They shake hands.

Dean Malenko defeats Rey Misterio, Jr. in a Cruiserweight Title tournament semifinal match. Misterio survives the Texas cloverleaf, but ultimately falls prey to a vicious top-rope gutbuster when he attempts a top-rope huracanrana.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund is backstage with Brian James and James Maritato, who tonight are decked out in button-downs and jeans, but with terrible dark curly wigs. Okerlund says he's afraid to ask, but what is going on here? James Maritato explains that they are paying tribute to little-known screen actor Mark Ruffalo, who featured in "Mirror, Mirror 2," "The Last Big Thing," and "The Dentist." Brian James continues, "Though you may commonly know us as the team of James + James, tonight, we are..." Okerlund interrupts, however: "Wait just a minute here. Tonight, you are...the Bad Ruffalos?" Brian James smirks, noting, "Now you're getting it, Gene!" He places his wig on Gene's head, then departs with Maritato. Okerlund asks aloud to himself, "Who the hell is Mark Ruffalo?"

The Bad Ruffalos (James + James) defeat Fire and Ice when Brian James dodges a second-rope Train Wreck from Ice Train and quickly follows with a moonsault press for the pinfall.

V.K. Wallstreet is backstage, talking to an unseen figure. Wallstreet talks about how glad he is that the unseen individual is ditching his tag partner and joining him. Wallstreet promises to transform him into a main eventer in no time, and his transformation will begin with the destruction of the American Males. The camera pans to reveal not Marcus Bagwell, not Scotty Riggs, but Chris Kanyon! Kanyon says he's glad to be a part of Wallstreet Enterprises--too many hard days of blue-collar work never got him anywhere, and it's time to enjoy the high-life.

Ron Simmons (with Teddy Long) defeats the Booty Man to retain the United States Championship with the Dominator.

Teddy Long notes a former tag partner of Simmons has returned to WCW. He calls out Too Cold Scorpio. Scorpio and Alfonso arrive and throw up arm-crossed X symbols similar to this past Saturday Night. Long asks Scorpio why he has returned, and Scorpio notes that Simmons is the reason. Long asks what Scorpio wants with Ron Simmons, and Scorpio explains that he thinks Simmons has forgotten where he came from. Scorpio reminds Simmons that, when Scorpio debuted in WCW in 1992, it was to back up Simmons in a "ghetto odds" handicap match. Now, Simmons must think all the odds are in his favor, because he walks around like nothing else matters--he didn't respect the national anthem when he returned at Slamboree, he doesn't respect the fans that were behind him when he became the first black heavyweight champion of the world, and he doesn't respect the friends that have been behind him throughout his career. Long tries to interject, but Scorpio shuts him up, telling Simmons he needs to stop listening to loudmouth punks like Teddy Long and start listening to the people. Long tries to pipe up again, so Scorpio grabs him by his jacket lapels; Simmons has seen enough, and tries to take a swing at Scorpio, but Scorpio blocks the shot and fires back, hitting big punches on Simmons and sending him scurrying from the ring with a big dropkick. Scorpio is up on the second rope beckoning Simmons to come back at him, but Simmons and Long continue to retreat up the ramp, begging off. Alfonso and Scorpio throw up X's, Alfonso's whistle blasts punctuating their display.

Stevie Ray is in the ring and introduces his returning brother, Booker T. Booker comes out and thanks fans for the support they showed when it appeared that he might be more seriously injured as a result of the ladder match at Bash at the Beach, but the doctors have given him a clean bill of health, so he is back to light some suckas up! He notes that he and Stevie Ray may not like the Road Warriors, but they have proven that they are the better team and have earned Harlem Heat's respect, so all that's left to do is work their way back up the ladder; Stevie Ray interjects, joking that once they get back up the ladder, Booker better not jump off and miss. Booker laughs it off, then asks the fans in attendance, "now can you dig that...SUCKAAAAAA?" As Harlem Heat concludes their promo, though, they are suddenly jumped and beat down by the Faces of Fear! Barbarian wipes both of them out with big boots, then drops a pair of flying headbutts on Stevie Ray as Meng applies the Tongan Death Grip to a downed Booker T. But why? There wasn't a big enough build to Harlem Heat's face turn, and the fans didn't take it well.

The New Horsemen (Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit, and The Outsiders), accompanied by Woman, defeat Steve McMichael, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, and Los Guerreros when Anderson defeats Chavo with a spinebuster clean. Eddy Guerrero puts in a particularly good showing for the face side, though. Scott Hall looked good.

Arn Anderson grabs a microphone, acknowledging the new number-one contender, Sting, and his history with the Four Horsemen. "I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate my opponent on his upcoming title shot. Stinger, I'm happy that you're my first number one contender, I really am. Because not only is a great opportunity for YOU, but it's an opportunity that I'VE been waiting for as well. See, some of you folks probably think that Sting is just the guy to take down my little organization, to end my title reign before it really starts. After all, he may be the greatest rival the... previous administration... ever had. I don't think I need to remind anyone of that ENCYCLOPEDIA of incidents he slapped Ric Flair in the face with two weeks back. He survived every scheme, trick and plot the Horsemen could dream up, and then he took it to us in the ring time after time. Heck, I'd be lying if I said Sting had never beaten Double A right in the center of this ring, 1, 2, 3.

But there's something he doesn't yet understand. Something that none of you understand. THESE men... are not the same Horsemen Sting fought for all those years. He has no idea what kind of power these men wield. They make every previous incarnation of this group look pathetic in comparison. And more importantly... I am NOT the same Arn Anderson. I'm stronger! I'm meaner! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY WHOLE drat LIFE, I AM THE MAN! And I will never... EVER... go back. For too many years I sat back and let my anger, and my ambition, and my pride sit idle while lesser men stood on my shoulders. WELL NOW THOSE FEELINGS ARE ON FIRE! THIS TITLE HAS IGNITED ME, AND I'M BURNING HOTTER THAN THE SUN! AND NONE OF THE WORTHLESS SCUM IN THAT LOCKER ROOM ARE MAN ENOUGH TO PUT THAT FIRE OUT!"

He takes a moment to compose himself. "The world as you all once knew it is gone. And Sting is just one more remnant of the Horsemen's past. At Hog Wild, I will take this opportunity, and purge his blood from the Horsemen legacy. Forever. To use Sting's own elegants words... I will build our future on your broken body."

Backstage, Sting, watching Anderson's promo on a monitor, is approached by Flair and Windham. Flair and Windham warn Sting that beating Arn Anderson is no easy task, and the New Horsemen are a deadly bunch. Sting brushes them off, saying that the last person he wants advice from is his "old friend" Ric Flair, in a callback to Nitro two weeks ago. Windham shrugs and departs, but Flair lingers for a moment and looks at Sting with concern before following suit.

King Steven Regal is out to the ring to show video footage of Disco Inferno several weeks ago giving him all he could handle in a singles match. He applauds the efforts of Disco, a lowly commoner with awful rhythm, giving him such an unexpected fight, and so he'd like to reward him with an opportunity at his Television Title...but on his terms. Regal says he's spoken with Deputy Commissioner Rick Rude, and this match will be conducted under Marquis of Queensbury Rules--matches for the Television Title under this rule-set shall be three five-minute rounds and may be won by pinfall, submission, countout, disqualification, or in-ring ten-count knockout, with closed fists prohibited and judges awarding the decision in the event it goes the distance. Regal then introduces the judges for the evening: wrestling legends Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Harley Race, and Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington! They wave to the fans from ringside.

King Steven Regal defeats Disco Inferno in a Marquis of Queensbury Rules Match to retain the Television Title. Disco again shows a lot of fire in Round 1, to the point where Regal has trouble getting offense going. He comes out with renewed focus in Round 2, however, and quickly takes over on Disco. He plants him with a Union Jack neckbreaker and finishes the job with a knee trembler, taking a Round 2 knockout victory. Regal looked good.

Regal calls Billington into the ring after the match and discusses the Dynamite Kid's legendary status as a world-traveling, high-flying, hard-hitting competitor, saying he would be an asset in the Nobility's ranks. Billington rebuffs him, saying he thinks that whether they call themselves "king" or "lord" or "duke," the Nobility is really just a bunch of thugs and hooligans. Earl Robert Eaton, Baron Alexander Wright, and Duke Douglas Williams join Regal in the ring to threaten Billington as a result of his insult, but Lex Luger and The Thrillseekers--the team of Christian Cage and Lance Storm--are quickly out to make the save, sending the Nobility tucking tail to ringside! Commissioner Curt Hennig comes out to the stage to make an impromptu six-man tag match with Lex Luger and The Thrillseekers facing Baron Alexander Wright, Earl Robert Eaton, and Duke Douglas Williams...right now!

Lex Luger and The Thrillseekers defeat Baron Alexander Wright, Earl Robert Eaton, and Duke Douglas Williams when King Steven Regal accidentally hits Williams with the scepter as he attempts the Chaos Theory on Luger, allowing Luger to pick up the pinfall. The Thrillseekers look very impressive teaming, and Williams impresses by getting the better of Luger in certain exchanges.

We have a dance interlude with The Nitro Girl, Beulah McGillicutty. What a beauty!

Road Warrior Hawk defeats Rick Steiner, shoving him off the top during a belly-to-belly superplex attempt and hitting a flying clothesline for the pin. Scott Steiner is out to help up Rick, but exchanges words with Road Warrior Hawk and is soon engaged in a shoving match with him. Road Warrior Animal is out to back up Hawk, and soon all four men are exchanging shoves and shouts.

MAIN EVENT: Sting defeats Diamond Dallas Page with the scorpion deathlock.

Arn Anderson appears on the ramp, holding the belt up high. Sting is distracted long enough for Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Chris Benoit to run in from the crowd and beat down Sting. Nash looked good. Benoit did not.

I give it a B-.

wcwwrestling.com posted:

Wrestling fans! Hog Wild looks to be another classic WCW event, held at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota. But there is a special match where you, the fan, can decide the stipulation! The Hulkster, Hulk Hogan and "Macho Man" Randy Savage will have one last match for the AWA World "Hulkamania" Champinship. Polls have opened here on wcwwrestling.com to determine what kind of match these two will face off in!

-Ambulance Match - 10%
-Biker Chain on a Pole Match - 0%
-Fans Bring the Weapons - 80%
-No Disqualification - 0%
-Yappapi Indian Strap Match - 10%

Vote now! If you can't find the poll here on wcwwrestling.com, just type it in the thread! You know, the one you're in right now!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Just FYI, I'm looking at pictures for doing the poster for Hog Wild...

Type "biker" into GIS. First row results include My Little Pony.

I loving hate the internet.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Just FYI, I'm looking at pictures for doing the poster for Hog Wild...

Type "biker" into GIS. First row results include My Little Pony.

I loving hate the internet.

Well, we *do* have Jeff Jarrett! :v:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Great White Hope posted:

Well, we *do* have Jeff Jarrett! :v:

Jeff Jarrett, MLP Enthusiast is a gimmick waiting to happen.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm picturing Arn doing those promos in a polo and old-man glasses and giggling hysterically.

And it figures that the show with Teddy Long would have that HOL ON A MINUTE, TAG MATCH PLAYA vibe to it, too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

YAPPAPI

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Usenet user Jerichoholic@hotmail.net posted:

Not a lot of time, so I'll just run down the Raw results, if you're alright with that.
Dark Match: Steve Blackman & Gary Albright vs. 123 Kid, Albright pins Kid, meh
Dark Match: Vader & Dirty White Boy vs. Michael Modest & Matt Hardy, Vader pins Modest, meh, and Modest was looking off.
Dark Match: Smoking Gunns vs. Hakushi/Funaki, Bart Gunn pins Funaki, meh, Hakushi was looking off his game.
Dark Match: Sid & Jerry Lynn vs. Rick Martel & Aldo Montoya, Sid pins Montoya, better, Sid looked especially good.
Dark Match: Doink the Clown & Vampiro vs. 123 Kid, Doink goes over, meh.

Mankind is on Inside The Actors' Studio to start the show. Mankind talks about how much he's been enjoying destroying the people who have answered his open challenge, how he relishes their pain and suffering. Jericho and Piper come out. Jericho challenges Mankind saying that he'll show him that if you go around hurting people, one day someone's gonna hurt you back. That day is today, and afterwards, you will NEVER! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER! be the same... again! Amazing as ever.

Yokozuna and Liger vs. Can-Am Connection, Liger pins LaFon. Meh
Tajiri beats Scott Taylor in a MITB qualifying match. Faaaaaaaaart
Mr. Fuji cuts a promo on Yokozuna and Liger. Decent

Hype video: Dave Taylor and Chris Jericho attend a rock concert, discovering a shared appreciation for the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal. After the show, Taylor plays guitar with one of the bands, and Jericho is on vocals. Dave Taylor: A Real Man's Man. The crowd was not super excited by this one, I gotta say.

Mankind cuts a promo from backstage. "Dave Finlay, when you accepted my challenge last week on Raw, I expected you to tap out just like the rest. But no, no, you held on, you showed a resolve through the pain and agony I inflicted, a resolve that I have seen in very few men. At Money In The Bank, I WANT TO SEE THAT RESOLVE WITHER AND DIE! I WANT TO SEE YOUR LAST GASPS BEFORE YOU SCREAM AND CRY AND BEG FOR MERCY! I WANT A SUBMISSION MATCH, WHERE THE ONLY WAY TO WIN IS TO MAKE YOUR OPPONENT SUBMIT!" I love Mankind's promos.

Pre-taped video, Warrior's logo as background. Chris Jericho, looking very confused as to why he has Warrior's facepaint on, goes on a Warrior-style rant telling children to stay in school and eat artichokes. Fun stuff.

Tatanka/Bob Holly, Tatanka goes over. Zzzzzzz.

Finlay and Hillbilly Jim accept Mankind's challenge for Money In The Bank, as they come to the ring for Finlay's match with Steve Austin.
Finlay vs. Austin. Austin pins Finlay after Mankind attacks him.
Afterward, Mankind holds Finlay in the Claw until he passes out. The match wasn't bad, and neither was the attack segment. The promo before the match was a stinker, though.

Warrior cuts a promo about MITB. "IN SIX SHORT DAYS, I WILL BE THRUST INTO THE HEAT OF COMBAT IN THE FIRST EVER MONEY IN THE BANK MATCH! I WILL BE PART OF A WRITHING MASS OF HUMANITY, PROPELLED BY AMBITION AND VENGEANCE TO CAUSE PAIN AND REVEL IN DESTRUCTION! *SKROOOOOONK* EVEN IF I DO NOT END UP WITH THE MONEY IN THE BANK BRIEFCASE, I CAN STILL SUCCEED IN CAUSING AS MUCH HARM TO GOLDUST AS IS POSSIBLE! THERE WILL BE LADDERS, THERE WILL BE CHAIRS, THERE WILL BE CHAINS, THERE WILL BE BLOOD! THE WARRIOR WILL CALL UPON THE SOULS OF ALL THE WARRIORS BEFORE HIM AND RISE TO THE TOP OF THE LADDER IF IT IS THE LAST THING THE WARRIOR EVER DOES! *SKROOOOOOOOOOONK*" This was good, as most every time Warrior gets on a mic.

The British Bulldog vs. Shane Helms, Bulldog goes over. This was OK.
Afterward, Jim Cornette cuts a promo on HBK, Chris Jericho and Roddy Piper, explaining how they will be thoroughly beaten at Money in The Bank by Owen, Vader and Bulldog, respectively. This was alright.

Smoking Gunns promo on TMPT and Dudleyz. This was decent enough.
HHH vs. Kaz Hayashi, HHH goes over. Kaz was off his game, but HHH looked good. Match wasn't much though.

Goldust/Undertaker/Warrior feud hype video, and goddamn I am hype for this feud.

IC Title Match: Dr. Tom Prichard vs. Robert Ford, Prichard goes over. Better than Pritchard's recent matches, though Robert Ford was looking a little heelish.
Afterward, Bradshaw comes out to reiterate his demand for a title shot, and Prichard accepts. Not as good as the match.

HBK cuts a promo on Owen. He's weary, beaten down, and paranoid. "On the Raw right after I'd gone through a war against the British Bulldog, Jim Cornette came out and said that Owen Hart only beat me by a simple stroke of luck, and that at Money In The Bank, when I'm locked in a cage with him, It's certain that he'll be the one to walk out with this WWF Title. At Wrestlemania 12, I fought his brother Bret for over an hour straight, and it was only through a lucky kick that I came out with the belt in the end. From everything I've seen of Owen, he's every bit as good as his brother, and ten times as ruthless. I don't doubt that he'll be able to beat me, especially while I'm still recovering from that match with Bulldog. I'll need a miracle to get through this with sound body and mind, but if there's ANYTHING you all can expect from the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, it's being able to come through in the clutch when the chips are down and there's no hope. If the only thing that can save me at Money In The Bank is a miracle, then I'll fight with all my heart and soul to make that miracle happen. King Owen, I'll see you on the field of battle." HBK walks away, and before he walks through the curtain, he takes one more teary look at the crowd, and hangs his head as he walks to the back. Perhaps the best promo I've seen for a while.

Owen Hart/Warrior, Warrior goes over after HBK speeds out from the back and hits Owen with a Sweet Chin Music while the ref is down. drat good match.
After the bell is called, Cornette and the rest of his cronies rush out to Owen's side, but Shawn hits Bulldog with a SCM, knocking him into Cornette, and tries to slip between Vader's legs and escape, but eats a powerbomb from Vader. Vader stands alone in the carnage to end the segment. Vader was good, but Cornette underwhelmed.

Main: Mankind/Jericho, Mankind goes over after Vader attacks Jericho. Really fun match.
Vader and Mankind start to beat down Jericho, but Finlay comes out for the save, and they all brawl to end Raw. Jericho wasn't super here, and nobody really cared about Finlay.

Dark Main: HBK and Dave Taylor v. Goldust and Taker, HBK pins Goldust. Decent dark main, probably lost a little luster since people were leaving to beat the traffic.

All said, a B- show.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 17, 2014

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Clusterfuck brawl to end Raw, after a main that didn't matter after Mankind cut a second promo for his Ppv match negating the one with Jericho. :bravo:

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I Before E posted:

Mankind is on Inside The Actors' Studio to start the show. Mankind talks about how much he's been enjoying destroying the people who have answered his open challenge, how he relishes their pain and suffering. Jericho and Piper come out. Jericho challenges Mankind saying that he'll show him that if you go around hurting people, one day someone's gonna hurt you back. That day is today, and afterwards, you will NEVER! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER! be the same... again! Amazing as ever.

Hype video: Dave Taylor and Chris Jericho attend a rock concert, discovering a shared appreciation for the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal. After the show, Taylor plays guitar with one of the bands, and Jericho is on vocals. Dave Taylor: A Real Man's Man. The crowd was not super excited by this one, I gotta say.

Pre-taped video, Warrior's logo as background. Chris Jericho, looking very confused as to why he has Warrior's facepaint on, goes on a Warrior-style rant telling children to stay in school and eat artichokes. Fun stuff.

Main: Mankind/Jericho, Mankind goes over after Vader attacks Jericho. Really fun match.
Vader and Mankind start to beat down Jericho, but Finlay comes out for the save, and they all brawl to end Raw. Jericho wasn't super here, and nobody really cared about Finlay.

Wow, it really is RAW is Jericho

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BoredDG posted:

Wow, it really is RAW is Jericho

And 1996 will never

EEEEEEEEEVER

be the same...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Agayn.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'm going to laugh when Jericho tells his contract to go screw so he can go start Fozzie because of that promo video. YOU PLANTED THE SEED YOU FOOLS.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Why was Sting randomly in an unpromoted main event against a guy who's never been above the midcard and has had basically no TV time? Really weird and completely ruined the flow for me.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Why was Sting randomly in an unpromoted main event against a guy who's never been above the midcard and has had basically no TV time? Really weird and completely ruined the flow for me.

Showcase main event for the new number-one contender, which incidentally was the highest-rated match on the card from a crowd reaction standpoint and our highest-rated TV main event ever in terms of viewership. People love the Stinger, I guess.

Q7kid fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 17, 2014

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Q7kid posted:

Showcase main event for the new number-one contender, which incidentally was the highest-rated match on the card from a crowd reaction standpoint and our highest-rated TV main event ever.

yeah SO WHAT THE IWC DON'T LIKE IT

also, do you guys have Surfer Sting or Crow Sting?

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Der-Wreck posted:

yeah SO WHAT THE IWC DON'T LIKE IT

also, do you guys have Surfer Sting or Crow Sting?

He remains Surfer Sting.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Q7kid posted:

He remains Surfer Sting.

WOOOOO WOW WHAT A GREAT A MAIN EVENT!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
We've got plans for DDP. Big ones. Not winning the world title plans, but close.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

CaptainYesterday posted:

We've got plans for DDP. Big ones. Not winning the world title plans, but close.

This could always change, of course, particularly if he starts punching people at the catering table again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Q7kid posted:

This could always change, of course, particularly if he starts punching people at the catering table again.

Yeah, if he punches Jeff Jarret we're pushing them both for the World Title at Starcade.

• Locked thread