Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
They never forgave Marvel for making Spider-Man black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Tias posted:

Don't underestimate jungle fever, either. I live in in Scandinavia, and the lust for asian women and "their culture" is all the rage among bitter single spergy men.

Ugh. I thought that like a lot of terrible things that whole "Submissive Asian Waifu" meme was contained to North America.

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

Tias posted:

I live in in Scandinavia, and the lust for asian women and "their culture" is all the rage among bitter single spergy men.

This seems to be a trend with unsocial nerds the whole world over. It's just racism.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

How are u posted:

Of course Freepers would watch The Big Bang Theory. Of course.
Actually, I'm a bit surprised they know something that recent.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Most of the Freepers I know in real life were huge Two And A Half Men fans.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Freepers watch Big Bang Theory? A show where almost every main character is a scientist and the only creationist nutjob (Sheldon's mother) is held up as an object of ridicule?

I'm shocked, I really am.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Alter Ego posted:

Freepers watch Big Bang Theory? A show where almost every main character is a scientist and the only creationist nutjob (Sheldon's mother) is held up as an object of ridicule?
Pretty sure every character is held up as an object of ridicule. Sheldon's mother is usually shown to be a source of homespun wisdom though, and portraying liberal scientists as dweeby effeminate losers is not completely opposite to their own world view...

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

quote:

To: GeronL

Oh I remember Stan Lee from my youth but BBT made comic books mainstream again.
And yes Stan Lee was on the show along with many famous faces in science.

51 posted on Friday, January 17, 2014 11:12:23 AM by Zathras
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

quote:

To: sten

Ok, I have know idea what you are talking about.

You made claims about the show and have zero idea what it is about because you have never seen it.

I do not know if you have hung out with scientists and engineers at the level of the ones on the show, I can tell you it is pretty close to reality.

54 posted on Friday, January 17, 2014 11:19:32 AM by svcw (Not 'hope and change' but 'dopes in chains')
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 52 | View Replies]

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tias posted:

Something like 90% of U.S. presidents have been left handed, including Ronald Reagan. Go hate him!

Err, only 8 out of 42 for sure (although in the old days schools used to force lefties to switch so its hard to be sure about presidents pre-20th century). :pseudo:

That's still disproprtionately high.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ColdSnickersBar posted:

This seems to be a trend with unsocial nerds the whole world over. It's just racism.

and desperation

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

stan worship posted:

After the FEMA nonsense there, I honestly expected someone to throw out the "Agenda 21" conspiracy stuff.

"I don't want no FEMA water"? Holy poo poo.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

EnsGDT posted:

That is hosed up, man. And that's coming from a kid whose dad was told when he left the village in greece in 1965 to watch out for black people because "they eat children."
My Grandpa used to tell me to marry a black woman because "they give chocolate milk." This was when I was like 6 so it sounded awesome.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

BiggerBoat posted:

"I don't want no FEMA water"? Holy poo poo.

In their defense, FEMA water is scary poo poo that comes in a can.

Though I'd trust something from a can labeled FEMA over a dusty jug of Freep Water.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 17, 2014

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Lord Hydronium posted:

They post that poo poo all the time and it passes without moderation. What makes this different? Are they worried other sites are going to call them out on it like the Malia/Sasha thing?

Was there some sort of backlash over things they said about Malia and Sasha?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

Though I'd trust something from a can labeled FEMA over a dusty jug of Freep Water.

Freeper tears, on the other hand, are the best source of hydration known to man.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

ChaosSamusX posted:

Was there some sort of backlash over things they said about Malia and Sasha?
And how.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ArchangeI posted:

Freeper tears, on the other hand, are the best source of hydration known to man.

They're like Gatorade minus all the sugar.

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

Georgia Peach posted:

To: sten

Ok, I have know idea what you are talking about.

You made claims about the show and have zero idea what it is about because you have never seen it.

I do not know if you have hung out with scientists and engineers at the level of the ones on the show, I can tell you it is pretty close to reality.

54 posted on Friday, January 17, 2014 11:19:32 AM by svcw (Not 'hope and change' but 'dopes in chains')
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 52 | View Replies]

Hey, how dare you say -- uh, actually, yeah. :smugjones:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So it sounds like some Freepers like Big Bang Theory because it reminds them of the good ol' days when they bullied nerds in school?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I figure they like it because it's a broad, non-political comedy. Same with "Two and a Half Men".

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
They watch it because it's on CBS, and CBS is what the TV gets switched to from Fox News from 6 PM to 9 PM each night.

IrritationX
May 5, 2004

Bitch, what you don't know about me I can just about squeeze in the Grand fucking Canyon.
I wonder how they feel about Jim Parsons being openly gay.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I just read through this entire thread. I think a little piece of me just died.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

railroad terror posted:

Oh don't worry. There will be more, and it will be worse.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

railroad terror posted:

Try reading through the entire last thread. It's like a supermarathon where you keep hitting walls and getting highs until you're just delirious and hallucinating.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Try reading through the entire last thread. It's like a supermarathon where you keep hitting walls and getting highs until you're just delirious and hallucinating.

Jesus man, after he's just finished this one? Are you trying to make him OD?

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

railroad terror posted:

Half the time I feel like I'm watching a highly academical documentary about some weird tribe in Uzbeki-beki-beki-stan who lay their dead on the street to... something.

The other half: :stonk:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Jesus man, after he's just finished this one? Are you trying to make him OD?
If anything it's the best way to numb yourself to how awful self-labeled conservatives can be towards anyone.

stan worship
Oct 23, 2013

DemeaninDemon posted:

They're like Gatorade minus all the sugar.

Really? Given that freepers are generally old and say things that would indicate a rather high blood alcohol level, I'd figure their tears would taste like mothball-flavored schnapps.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
FReepers lament the destruction of America via the latest spending bill
Senate approves $1.1 trillion spending bill

quote:

To: SkyPilot
Another day, another disaster. They s love kicking the Tea Party to the curb.

2 posted on 1/16/2014 5:49:33 PM by RIghtwardHo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

“Eases sharp budget cuts” == “increases spending more than it would have already increased”

3 posted on 1/16/2014 5:50:37 PM by andyk (I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.)

quote:

Last night Mark Levin implied that Boehner is being blackmailed. “You connect the dots.”

It’s always a possibility in our NSA age.

6 posted on 01/16/2014 3:56:12 PM PST by St_Thomas_Aquinas ( Isaiah 22:22, Matthew 16:19, Revelation 3:7)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: St_Thomas_Aquinas
Levin has heavily implied this for the last few years.. Heck beck even surmised as much and even that screwball alex jones has said so....

It is almost an open secret around Washington...

John Roberts is also being Blackmailed over various things...

7 posted on 01/16/2014 4:05:32 PM PST by GraceG
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: GraceG
Meh, I don’t believe any of that. They are who they are, RINO and fairly liberal. There is nothing to suggest blackmail. They are just doing what liberal-lite does. It is no more than that. Plus, Boehner is not very smart.

9 posted on 1/16/2014 6:12:49 PM by RIghtwardHo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

Obama is financed by Boehner... who collaborates with him..
McConnell is just Senate wall paint..

29 posted on 1/16/2014 10:26:30 PM by hosepipe (This propaganda has been edited to include some fully orbed hyperbole..)
OBUMMER is so smart he has blackmailed the orange crybaby leader of the house that we don't even like anyway :tinfoil:

quote:

Destroying the GOP = Saving America. Long Live the Tea Party.

23 posted on 1/16/2014 8:16:06 PM by TomasUSMC (FIGHT LIKE WW2, WIN LIKE WW2. FIGHT LIKE NAM, FINISH LIKE NAM.)

I can't help but feel there will be a race war...

quote:

To: Admin Moderator
We are heading to revolution ,I fear. These politicians have been corrupted by “contributions”. 43% are now parasites stealing from the labor of others. The president is violating the constitution and has become a dictator. Republicans are now sucking up to the communists. This country,in my opinion , will never survive, I see terrible conflict— very bloody —

25 posted on 1/16/2014 8:23:54 PM by SADMILLIE
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: SADMILLIE
I think you're right. This is right out of the book of Cloward/Piven. Spend the country into collapse in an effort to usher in another form of gubbamint.

Revolution will not happen though until Americans have nothing else to lose.

The writings of our founding fathers I've read, all this nonsense would have stopped long ago. This is insane. Uncle Sugar is totally out of control.

26 posted on 01/16/2014 7:08:22 PM PST by servantboy777
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: servantboy777
Well put sir and dead on. One thing is for sure, the end is now in sight.

27 posted on 01/16/2014 7:35:16 PM PST by SADMILLIE
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies ]
Revolt is coming. Any day now. Yup.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The wonderful thing about :freep: is that :freep: are horrible things. Also, they have no sense of subtlety whatsoever:

quote:

This makes a good case for having semi-auto rifles of the “assault” persuasion as self defense weapons. One 20 round clip might not be enough if you find your self in one of these ‘hatred of whitey’, racist mobs.

Maybe the “Zombie Apocalypse” has been a euphemism for something else that folks might see in our future. Hmmm?

12 posted on 10/30/2013 5:51:20 AM by Tenacious 1 (Waiting for next tagline.)

quote:

“I have always felt that the purpose of all the zombie movies is to desensitize us to the idea of killing others that we can justify because they are too different than us.”

I disagree. I think the popularity is rooted in the psychology the people already see these hordes as zombies and the vision of watching them”removed” as a threat is satisfying.

103 posted on 10/30/2013 7:42:43 AM by raybbr (I weep over my sons' future in this Godforsaken country.)

quote:

When the “zombie apocalypse” starts, the police will have a choice of protecting the public at large (insofar as they can) vs protecting their families. Do the math, preferably before it starts.

129 posted on 10/30/2013 9:06:43 AM by ctdonath2 (Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.)

quote:

To: X-spurt
Maybe the code phrase should change from “Zombie Apocalypse” to “Holderite Apocalypse”.

147 posted on 10/30/2013 11:02:20 AM by boxlunch (Psalm 2)

quote:

To: boxlunch
Nobody will call you a racist for preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse...

151 posted on 10/30/2013 11:20:22 AM by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)

The only thing freepers seem to hate and fear more than black people is the possibility that they'll be accused of hating and fearing black people. But the utility of using "zombies" as a transparent euphemism for your dreams of genocidal slaughter is greatly diminished when you're just so obvious about it.

You also wonder why they bother sometimes. Plenty of :freep: is willing to drop the mask entirely, and they never get any blowback for it:

quote:

The next question is: why, after fifty years of civil rights legislation, affirmative discrimination, and many attempts at education reform, are so many young, black males essentially barely or not at all civilized?
- Some will attribute it to the rap/thug culture popularized in today's media. I think the reasons are rooted much farther back in time than that.
- Some point to the epidemic of fatherless black children and poor inner city schools but these are simply the manifestations of a failed liberal society. There are poor whites, too, but they don't go about rampaging.
- Some explain it with the simple saying You can take the black out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the black. That is close but doesn't explain why.
- A much simplified explanation as I see it:

-- Modern man evolved in Africa from his ancient ancestors a few hundred thousand years ago. Keeping it simple, the ancestors of the blacks we know today simply stayed in the warm regions of Africa where the living was relatively easy. Basically, they didn't need to develop new skills or learn new things to survive. They could basically live off the fruits of the jungle regions. From an evolutionary standpoint, they stagnated for thousands of generations, basically until the present days.
-- The ancestors of today's non-blacks, however, migrated north into Europe and Asia where it was much colder. The extreme cold neccesitated learning new ways to survive. Living in caves, wearing animal fur, making fire, developing weapons and techniques to kill or build what they needed to survive. In short, the evolving humans that eventually became today's non-blacks had to get smarter to survive. All this knowledge had to be preserved and passed on so eventually languages and writing skills were developed.
-- That's basically how I see it. On the one hand, we have the migrating, hardy folk willing and able to learn, over time, how to deal with new challenges. On the other hand, we have the unmotivated who were content to simply exist, which, in turn, retarded their evolution. They thus retained much of their ancient violence and "jungle instincts" to this very day.

128 posted on 10/30/2013 8:55:13 AM by citizen (There is always free government cheese in the mouse trap.....https://twitter.com/kracker0)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 112 | View Replies]

quote:

I agree with most of what you said. However, I do think if the black underclass were mass sterilized, the black Americans with IQs above 90 could successfully adapt. Their average IQ would be increased by maybe 10 pts putting them in range of most other Americans. I think if you did an IQ test on the great majority of the black thugs rioting and assaulting whites and other black people, you'd find most of them with IQs in the 75-85 range. Get rid of them, and things will get better for everyone.
I think the great majority of whites, even many of the ones who voted for Obama, are thoroughly fed up. They don't believe the lies from Washington or even many conservatives that better schools or other stop-gap "solutions" will do anything for the black underclass. The sad fact is the bottom half of the black population in America as it currently stands cannot adapt to modern life.

133 posted on 10/30/2013 9:35:15 AM by driftless2

There was an incident a a while back in which some freeper-ish website in Sweden was found to be leaking the emails of its posters, which allowed journalists to link some of them to some right-wing politician who was forced to resign when they became public. I wonder how many elected officials and senior GOP apparatchiks and hacks are still kicking are on freep.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

-- Modern man evolved in Africa from his ancient ancestors a few hundred thousand years ago. Keeping it simple, the ancestors of the blacks we know today simply stayed in the warm regions of Africa where the living was relatively easy. Basically, they didn't need to develop new skills or learn new things to survive. They could basically live off the fruits of the jungle regions. From an evolutionary standpoint, they stagnated for thousands of generations, basically until the present days.
-- The ancestors of today's non-blacks, however, migrated north into Europe and Asia where it was much colder. The extreme cold neccesitated learning new ways to survive. Living in caves, wearing animal fur, making fire, developing weapons and techniques to kill or build what they needed to survive. In short, the evolving humans that eventually became today's non-blacks had to get smarter to survive. All this knowledge had to be preserved and passed on so eventually languages and writing skills were developed.
-- That's basically how I see it. On the one hand, we have the migrating, hardy folk willing and able to learn, over time, how to deal with new challenges. On the other hand, we have the unmotivated who were content to simply exist, which, in turn, retarded their evolution. They thus retained much of their ancient violence and "jungle instincts" to this very day.

It'd be way fewer words to just say "I don't know anything about the history of Africa" buddy.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
:stare: Holy gently caress that thread. I think it was in the rightwing media thread where someone pointed out that the zombie apocalypse fad we've seen over the last few years had a definite racial component, but I've never seen it illustrated so well in a FReep post.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DemeaninDemon posted:

And you'd be dead wrong, freep water comes from the purest springs in WV. Tastes like Freedom.

railroad terror posted:

I'm on my fifth commission. I can no longer fit in civilian society.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 18, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Insect Court posted:

There was an incident a a while back in which some freeper-ish website in Sweden was found to be leaking the emails of its posters, which allowed journalists to link some of them to some right-wing politician who was forced to resign when they became public. I wonder how many elected officials and senior GOP apparatchiks and hacks are still kicking are on freep.

Few, if any. There's no margin in being on FReep anymore. The community isn't large or influential like it was from 1999-2004, and the consequences of being caught posting in a forum for paranoid racists are pretty severe.

1stGear posted:

It'd be way fewer words to just say "I don't know anything about the history of Africa" buddy.

Yeah, no poo poo. If they think that living in Africa back in the day was easy mode, then I don't know what the gently caress to say.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1stGear posted:

On the other hand he's right at home in the world of science circa 1800.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

Zeroisanumber posted:

Few, if any. There's no margin in being on FReep anymore. The community isn't large or influential like it was from 1999-2004, and the consequences of being caught posting in a forum for paranoid racists are pretty severe.

That, and Freep as a whole is ready to turn on whoever is their current Real True Conservative hero at the first sign of weakness, i.e. committing the sin of trying to actually accomplish something in the legislature or just not being a complete shitbag, hence the (fleeting?) popularity of Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz someday soon, etc. etc.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

1stGear posted:

To quote a positively ancient webcomic: "It's a well known fact that the Pyramids were built during a period of intense cold"

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
[quote="" post="424574891"]
-- That's basically how I see it. On the one hand, we have the migrating, hardy folk willing and able to learn, over time, how to deal with new challenges. On the other hand, we have the unmotivated who were content to simply exist, which, in turn, retarded their evolution. They thus retained much of their ancient violence and "jungle instincts" to this very day.[/quote]

i have a flu and i nearly choked to death when laughing at this turned into a nasty coughing fit that nearly suffocated me. You almost got me, freep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
Haha, yes, if there's one thing that Africa is known for, it's the fact that no one there used animal skins, knew how to hunt, or had fire. Jesus Christ.

kik2dagroin posted:

They never forgave Marvel for making Spider-Man black.

IIRC, there were a bunch of Freepers who actually really were pissed off that Heimdall was black in Thor.

BUSH 2112 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 18, 2014

• Locked thread