Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
There was a recent patch that added 5 meters punch through to Lanka. I think it was at the same time they buffed punch through on mods across the board so that you can get a few extra meters out of Metal Augur among others. If it's actually possible to farm Powerfists, I'd be on it even though Seeking Force only gives shotguns 2.1 meters total punch through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nitrox posted:

I'm enjoying Lanka even while it's not mature enough to gobble up a tonne of mods. What should be the proper build for it? Status change+ and electrical damage out of the wazoo? If anyone has build a high tier one, I'd love to see it.

Obviously damage is good for whatever element you want but fire rate is probably the next most important thing since it lets you charge faster, which helps make its main weakness not so bad.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I don't get the Nekros hate. I do get that his powers suck, since that's sort of blatantly obvious to everyone except DE's dev team, but the frame itself seems fine. Decent health and shields, above average speed, okay polarities on the frame, and no restrictive aura polarity to have to forma off down the road. The reason Valkyr enrages me is that her powers suck AND she's a lovely frame with godawful shields, bad polarities, and a high armor stat that provides zero benefit.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Valatar posted:

I don't get the Nekros hate. I do get that his powers suck, since that's sort of blatantly obvious to everyone except DE's dev team, but the frame itself seems fine. Decent health and shields, above average speed, okay polarities on the frame, and no restrictive aura polarity to have to forma off down the road. The reason Valkyr enrages me is that her powers suck AND she's a lovely frame with godawful shields, bad polarities, and a high armor stat that provides zero benefit.

Valkyr's powers are not as bad as Nekros' and would be fine with some (hopefully) fairly easy fixes, and her stats can be trivially buffed. Nekros is literally Magic Find: The Warframe with boring, fundamentally flawed abilities. Terrify is simply a worse Chaos. Soul punch is pretty much a worse sonic boom. Raise dead has a litany of problems. His base stats are irrelevant because any good frame also has good stats.

vvvv I've been playing Assassin's Creed Liberation (kind of burned out on Warframe right now) and even with its free running thing I still find myself wishing it had wall runs. Why can't you be a space ninja, Avelline? And one thing they could really do to help out ripline, soul punch, and several other single target targeted skills is relax their targeting. Currently you have to be super precise with targeting them, which makes them nigh impossible to use in more frantic fights. Also they need to make ripline actually fire reliably.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 17, 2014

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
If they'd fix Valkyr's Rip Line, I'd just play Spiderman shootmans and forgo other powers altogether, but DE can't seem to get linear movement right in a game about being a space ninja.

To their credit, I've stopped playing pretty much everything else. The game is flawed, but every other shooter just feels more limited in movement. All shooters need zorencopter and wallrun buttons.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

zgrowler2 posted:

To their credit, I've stopped playing pretty much everything else. The game is flawed, but every other shooter just feels more limited in movement. All shooters need zorencopter and wallrun buttons.
I dread the moment when I wander back to Mass Effect 3 MP after having gotten used to Warframe's mobility. I expect it to be terrifically embarrassing.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
I actually kinda of like Valkyr, built for extra hp/shields and power duration/damage/extra energy. Formad the aura slot so could use energy regen aura and get more mod points from it, and now i just run around in forever-ult-mode and punch everything to death. It have worked fine up to derelict survival 35min so far. Add in some AoE on the ult attacks i would literally never use any other frame ever again.

The only thing i have to be careful of is coming out of ult in the really late stages of survival, and that is only because i have to stay close to the toxic ancients for a while, and that is easily solved by getting a good feel for the timer on the ult and just ripline away when you need to get some space :).

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Nordick posted:

I dread the moment when I wander back to Mass Effect 3 MP after having gotten used to Warframe's mobility. I expect it to be terrifically embarrassing.

The controls feel clunky and unresponsive as poo poo. The fact that your movement options are so limited doesn't even factor in to how bad it feels.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Harrower posted:

The controls feel clunky and unresponsive as poo poo. The fact that your movement options are so limited doesn't even factor in to how bad it feels.
The worst thing is having loving everything behind one key. Wanna sprint? Nah, let's just take "cover" here behind this box instead. And the endless stagger-locks, and the myriad bugs, and...

Seriously, the title of this thread would go absolutely perfectly with the ME3 MP thread as well. ME3 MP is a horrible, buggy mess with SO many retarded things about it... and yet I have sunk 280 hours into it.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 17, 2014

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
The two Lanka builds I use most are:

Split Chamber
Serration
Heavy Caliber
Stormbringer
Infected Clip
Hellfire
Cryo Rounds
Shred

Split Chamber
Serration
Heavy Caliber
Stormbringer
Infected Clip
Metal Auger
Speed Trigger
Shred

The first one does 1530x2 blast + 2380x2 corrosive damage per shot, and is better for long survivals and defenses. Shred alone makes the charge speed perfectly bearable. The second build just has 2380x2 corrosive damage, but an eight meter punch-through and super rapid charging. It still one shots everything outside of survival and defense missions. I tried a crit build, and while its nice to see 65000 damage crit headshots, I didn't think it was worth it. That build was:

Split Chamber
Serration
Heavy Caliber
Stormbringer
Infected Clip
Vital Sense
Hammer Shot
Point Strike

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Here's a long post on all the frames I've played thus far. I'll separate them into different tiers based on usefulness:

God Tier (no matter what the mission or race, this frame will be an exceptional choice)

Rhino
Pros:
- Iron skin makes you a tank. You will rarely take damage as long as you keep this up.
- Aside from iron skin, the Rhino's shields and health are above average.
- Rhino stomp is a fantastic ultimate, as it will kill weak enemies, or do a lot of damage to heavy enemies and stun them in the air at the same time.
- Comes from Venus, so easy to farm for.

Cons:
- Is a bit slow, but this isn't a big deal.
- Rhinos are a bit saturated - everyone is playing them.

Nova
Pros:
- Molecular prime is the best ability in the game, hands down. It coats enemies in range with anti-matter, which makes them take double damage, move & attack at half speed, and when they die, they explode and cause a chain reaction. This also works on bosses as well.
- Do you hate parkour? Nova has you covered. Worm hole easily gets you into spots that are normally annoying to get to. Plus your teammates can use the worm hole as well!
- Aura mod polarity is -, which fits perfectly with an energy siphon mod
- Others may consider this a con, but she totally rocks some 1970s bell-bottoms
- High base power. You can cast a lot of spells before you run out.

Cons:
- She's squishy. If you find yourself in a tight spot you may die rather quickly. Your best bet is to hope your teammates realize the value of a nova and revive you immediately.
- Null star is useless. Not the biggest issue since you have M-prime.

Exceptional Tier (Good frames all around, but there may be some limitations in certain missions or certain races)

Mag / Mag Prime
Pros:
- Crush is a decent ultimate. It stops all enemies in their tracks so it can be useful if in a tight spot.
- Shield polarize will wreck corpus units, especially those super annoying shield ospreys. At the same time it will restore shields.
- High base level of shields.
- Bullet attractor is useful if you can coordinate with your team (especially against a boss)

Cons:
- To offset the shields, her health is weak
- At level 30, max power is 150, so you'll need to be hunting for energy orbs often
- Shield polarize isn't effective against grineer / infested.

Volt
Pros:
- His base ability shock is probably one of the most effective 25 power abilities, since it will stun enemies on use and create a chain.
- Electric shield can be excellent if used right. Weapons that have limited range or damage falloff lose those penalties when fired through the shield.
- If you just want to rush through a mission, speed makes you run a lot faster.
- Like the mag, overall is great against corpus because of the use of electricity.

Cons:
- Not as effective against grineer / infested due to electricity focus
- His ultimate, while does a decent amount of damage, isn't as good as other ultimates in terms of strength
- Armor is low as heck (to offset his high shields)

Okay frames (effective in some missions, but probably not as fun)

Frost / Frost Prime
Pros:
- Great in defense / mobile defense missions because of snow globe. It protects from enemies shooting into the globe, and once in, they can be slowed down to as much as 1/3rd their speed
- High shields, armor, and somewhat health. A good tank frame.
- Abilities deal cold damage which is effective against grineer

Cons:
- A slower frame overall similar to Rhino
- Abilities don't do a lot of damage, and infested are resistant to cold
- Tends to be a boring frame since it focuses more on defense

Trinity
Pros:
- If you play PS4, this is the only healer in the game. If you're PC, the Oberon is there, but his healing isn't as effective as the Trinity's.
- Blessing is awesome. It's the Great Gospel of this game in that it heals shields / health and grants temporary invulnerability. If you max out duration (get your hands on a narrow-minded), you can have a half minutes of immunity for your team.
- Trinity's other ability, energy vampire, can restore energy for the team as well.

Cons:
- Her abilities don't do damage, so you'll be relying on teammates and your primary weapon to do damage. This doesn't make her a super fun frame as you'll be relegated to support.
- Health and shields at max aren't great. Armor is lacking too. Trinity essentially is like a white mage from any Final Fantasy game.
- Her initial polarities blow (shield aura slot, two shield slots, no - slots) so if you want to make her effective you need to bust out some formas.

Joke frames (you're probably only going to use these for mastery points)

Excalibur
Pros:
- All around average, doesn't lack a particular weakness in health / shield / armor.
- Slash dance is an effective level 1 ability, I guess.

Cons:
- While he has no weaknesses, he doesn't excel in anything either. He's the most bland warframe.
- If you combined Radial Javelin and Radial Blind, you would get Rhino stomp. His abilities blow.
- Speaking of useless abilities - super jump is hilariously dumb. Unless you want to create a Super Mario build.
- The reputation of an excalibur is horrible - I associate it with pubbies and their Mk.1 Bratons somehow at Neptune trying to ineptly kill things.
- His aura slot lacks a polarity. No, you should not use any formas on him.

Valkyr
Pros:
- Is a faster frame, and melee attacks are slightly faster with her.
- Rip line can be fun to play Spider-man with, or to troll teammates by pulling them.
- High armor, but...

Cons:
- Shields are awful. At level 30 her shields are only 150.
- Her ultimate, Hysteria, sucks. It only allows melee attacks, and the melee attack only hits 1 enemy at a time. It's almost better to be used as an invincibility ability to go revive a fallen teammate.
- Warcry only helps melee damage. Melee is broken in this game, so this is also useless.
- Paralysis is also useless.
- Essentially this frame will be horrible until DE makes an overhaul to the melee system.

Anyway, that's all that I've played. Next I'll be reviewing Nyx, Loki, and Saryn and then probably followed by Nekros.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

So much for the ticket I submitted, maybe one of you here has had this happen as well:

Get enough affinity to go from 0 to 1, click "yes" for the test, instant 24 hour timer.

They see it on their end that I failed the test, yet I never even loaded the environment. That being said, I'm addicted to this game now, thanks guys. I love the mobility of Loki, how hard is it to drag yourself away from this frame in terms of that (not due to invisibility)? Realistically I'd like to move to Rhino/Volt next and would probably be happy with just those three for a while.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

necrobobsledder posted:

There was a recent patch that added 5 meters punch through to Lanka. I think it was at the same time they buffed punch through on mods across the board so that you can get a few extra meters out of Metal Augur among others. If it's actually possible to farm Powerfists, I'd be on it even though Seeking Force only gives shotguns 2.1 meters total punch through.
Yeah I think Seeking Force is the only basic punch through mod I want right now, as I want to forma my Tigris and throw it on there because I just want to click and vaporize an entire line of enemies.

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming

PathAsc posted:

So much for the ticket I submitted, maybe one of you here has had this happen as well:

Get enough affinity to go from 0 to 1, click "yes" for the test, instant 24 hour timer.

They see it on their end that I failed the test, yet I never even loaded the environment. That being said, I'm addicted to this game now, thanks guys. I love the mobility of Loki, how hard is it to drag yourself away from this frame in terms of that (not due to invisibility)? Realistically I'd like to move to Rhino/Volt next and would probably be happy with just those three for a while.

It's just the standard thing that happens to everyone, it seems. It'll be available once the timer ends and you'll have no problems after that.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

seiferguy posted:

Trinity
Pros:
- If you play PS4, this is the only healer in the game. If you're PC, the Oberon is there, but his healing isn't as effective as the Trinity's.
- Blessing is awesome. It's the Great Gospel of this game in that it heals shields / health and grants temporary invulnerability. If you max out duration (get your hands on a narrow-minded), you can have a half minutes of immunity for your team.
- Trinity's other ability, energy vampire, can restore energy for the team as well.

Cons:
- Her abilities don't do damage, so you'll be relying on teammates and your primary weapon to do damage. This doesn't make her a super fun frame as you'll be relegated to support.
- Health and shields at max aren't great. Armor is lacking too. Trinity essentially is like a white mage from any Final Fantasy game.
- Her initial polarities blow (shield aura slot, two shield slots, no - slots) so if you want to make her effective you need to bust out some formas.

Trinity is god tier. You don't even mention Link which is only slightly less awesome than blessing. Also well of life and energy vampire can combine to slaughter high hp enemies like those 60+ heavy gunners with ease and 0 danger.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

seiferguy posted:

Just play Rhino

I really wish they would go back and improve the terrible frames instead of just adding more who all fail to beat Rhino every time.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Eight T3 Captures used. Zero Ember Prime Parts.

:smithicide:

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming
(PC) Vauban Helmet Blueprints on alert in Wendell, Phobos. First time it's been on alert since before Christmas!

This site is really good for keeping track of alerts, invasions and sales.

Kneejerk fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 18, 2014

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Carecat posted:

Eight T3 Captures used. Zero Ember Prime Parts.

:smithicide:

drat that sucks dude. Where did you get those T3 captures at though? I have been looking for them myself for my last Orthos Prime blade and have had 0 luck finding them since the patch.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I paid 20 plat for six, which seems like a pretty good price.

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.
Vauban helmet on PC for the next hour, get it!

edit: I was beaten.

Ankle-biter fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 18, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Bruc posted:

drat that sucks dude. Where did you get those T3 captures at though? I have been looking for them myself for my last Orthos Prime blade and have had 0 luck finding them since the patch.

There's really no source for Captures in particular -- missions have a chance of dropping T3 keys in general, and if you get T3 key, it's going to be random which Void mission type you get. As for the chance of dropping T3 keys:

Tier 2 survival missions have a 22.5% chance of a T3 key (of any type) as the wave 15/30/45 reward only. (The other 77.5% is a T2 key.)
  • Easiest one is probably Cambria on Earth.

Tier 3 survival missions have a 50% chance of a T3 key (of any type) for the wave 15/30/45 reward only. (The other 50% is a T2 key.)
  • Phalan @ Eris
  • Triton @ Neptune
  • Yemaja @ Sedna
  • Palus @ Pluto

Endless defense missions have a 10% chance to offer you a T3 key (of any type) as a every-fifth-wave reward once the enemies are at tier 3 or above.
  • Ceres @ Casta (Grineer) and Narcissus @ Pluto (Corpus) start at Tier3 from the beginning.
  • All other defense missions will start handing out Tier3 rewards starting at Wave 15 onward.

Codex Occultus
Apr 12, 2009

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.
I ran into some amusing issues with the friendly npc AI and tight corridors the other day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIuzRTx_seI

Unfortunately, I was running a pure damage build at the time so didn't have wormhole equipped like the other Nova so it was just jump and push and hope for the best.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Can I get an invite to the ps4 clan? PSN name is Apherix.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kneejerk posted:

It's just the standard thing that happens to everyone, it seems. It'll be available once the timer ends and you'll have no problems after that.

Had a feeling about that, I made sure to let them know I didn't want the timer removed, just to log it. Odd poo poo happening with the network too, plus they just shot out another tiny patch apparently. It's amazing how much difference moving up to Braton/Cronus from MK-1 Braton/Skana made. I'm holding on to quite a few multiples of cards already to pass on as well once I get to Mastery 2.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ajax posted:

Trinity is god tier. You don't even mention Link which is only slightly less awesome than blessing. Also well of life and energy vampire can combine to slaughter high hp enemies like those 60+ heavy gunners with ease and 0 danger.

Hey fair enough. I probably should experiment more with Trinity. I'll have to try using Link a bit more.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Ajax posted:

Link got nerfed hard. I miss the days when I could put it up, fire my Ogris at my feet and kill the entire room.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ardeem posted:

Link got nerfed hard. I miss the days when I could put it up, fire my Ogris at my feet and kill the entire room.

Does it still get triggered by friendly fire?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Sleepy Owl posted:

Does it still get triggered by friendly fire?

Should be, I haven't bothered to use it in a while.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
On PC, I saw a Trinity killing enemies by having Link up all the time and firing Stug at her feet.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
So, the Harvester has a new trick. If it defeats you, it takes you away to one of the Corpus Gas Cities, and puts you in one of those restraining-things/laser-cutters from the Alad V trailer. And it takes all your weapons/powers away.

Time to break out :hellyeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QpjhENHtgo

sexandroide
May 19, 2012
may i have an invite to the PS4 clan? PSN: exandroide

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
:siren: energy siphon alert on ps4 at Saturn right now :siren:

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

seiferguy posted:

:siren: energy siphon alert on ps4 at Saturn right now :siren:

Darn, only halfway through completing Saturn and it wasn't on any of the maps I'd already unlocked.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Applied as McRobit

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So I made the Drakgoon and Tysis. Drakgoon is low powered with out a catalyst and looks like it had to be forma'd a few times for max effectiveness. The Tysis has some weird bullet projectiles. They seem to curve especially when moving. I don't have the pistol status chance mod, so I guess I got to buy one or farm one.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I started playing this recently and have made it to earth. Whats the best way to transition to a new primary weapon? My Braton feels like an automatic pea shooter.

e: I should mention I'm building a Rhino. I found some of the blueprints and it looks neat.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Some good news for people like me who are looking to copy their PC stuff over to PS4 https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130116-information-and-faq-pc-to-ps4%E2%84%A2-account-migration/page-10#entry1932962 . It looks like we will be able to copy our account soon even if they aren't in sync.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

The Moon Monster posted:

I started playing this recently and have made it to earth. Whats the best way to transition to a new primary weapon? My Braton feels like an automatic pea shooter.

e: I should mention I'm building a Rhino. I found some of the blueprints and it looks neat.

The Karak doesn't require a mastery rank so you can build that any time you want and it's a pretty solid weapon. If you're already mastery rank 2, you can also build the Boltor. Both are pretty solid rifles and I used my Boltor up until I could build a Soma with no problems. Make sure to get a spare Serration mod from someone in the clan though.

I think you'll enjoy Rhino. He's probably the best warframe in the game at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruc
May 30, 2006

hexic posted:

I think you'll enjoy Rhino. He's probably the best warframe in the game at the moment.

He really is, and nothing really feels unbalanced on him either. He just has a really nicely balanced set of skills that are all powerful, I wish every frame was as well done as Rhino. When I play Nova she feels less powerful than Rhino while at the same time feeling more unbalanced/OP, it's weird.