Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

He's got the hair for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Literally everything about Xavier Woods' existence makes me want to give him a friendly but devastating noogie.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I've spent so much time clopping to fillies that my joints have locked up!

NienNunb posted:

Late submission for tweet of the year.

I know this is from a month ago, but Sid's twitter is surreal and wonderful. The dude loves Pusha T and Rick Ross, plays PS3 and is way into Grand Theft Auto 5 and defends gay kids from bullying. Those are not generally things that fit my preconceived notions of "Sycho" Sid "Justice/Vicious" Eudy.

Though if you go back far enough, you do get the sort of Sid posts you'd expect i.e him chiming in on Kevin Nash's flamewar/Twitter slap fight with the Ultimate Warrior where they were talking about how lovely for business each other had been by threatening to powerbomb Warrior until he is literally dead which was quite possibly the Sid-iest thing he could have possibly posted.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

C'mon, we'd all love to powerbomb the Warrior until he died of it.

I can't hold that against a man.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Occupy Japan posted:

I know this is from a month ago, but Sid's twitter is surreal and wonderful.

Sid himself is surreal and wonderful. As far as I'm concerned he represents the complete weirdness of the wrestling business better than anyone else. Even if he was mediocre at best, everything about his existence makes me happy to be a wrestling fan. He's like Hogan, Savage and Warrior only replace the dark stuff under the surface with stories of him being an entertainingly goofy idiot... even when he attempted murder.

Sid is to Randy the Ram as Walk Hard is to Walk the Line.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Sid once had a jobber squash where the other guy was put on a stretcher, Sid went to help with the EMTs, took the jobber up the ramp, then turned around and launched the stretcher into the ring. The man can do no loving wrong.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Gavok posted:

... even when he attempted murder.

Although Sid started the physical concentration, it was Arn who pulled the scissors first.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
You bastard, now I'll be inevitably disappointed when John C. Reilly never gets the chance to star in a Sid biopic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Some Other Guy posted:

physical concentration

And that's exactly what Sid would call it too.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Didn't Sid get in a fight in a bar and then come back some time later viciously wielding a gas station squeegee in WCW once? I seem to remember that happening and it could not have happened to anyone but Sid.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was actually Brian Pillman. Sid mouthed off to him, Pillman (being Pillman) said he'd murder him. Sid left, Sid came back with a deadly squeegee. Then everyone laughed at how stupid this was and that was it.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

It was actually Brian Pillman. Sid mouthed off to him, Pillman (being Pillman) said he'd murder him. Sid left, Sid came back with a deadly squeegee. Then everyone laughed at how stupid this was and that was it.

Bonus points for Pillman having left the bar in the time it took Sid to get a Squeegee. It's a story that always puts a smile on my face and the absurdity of it. It's why the Goldberg/Sid fued is so memorable for me, and why I liked the idea of Curtis Axel/Ryback team. I'm just a sucker for the big heel goofball character.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DeathChicken posted:

Was this before or after Sid almost killed Pillman in WARGAMES!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Occupy Japan posted:

I know this is from a month ago, but Sid's twitter is surreal and wonderful. The dude loves Pusha T and Rick Ross, plays PS3 and is way into Grand Theft Auto 5 and defends gay kids from bullying. Those are not generally things that fit my preconceived notions of "Sycho" Sid "Justice/Vicious" Eudy.

Though if you go back far enough, you do get the sort of Sid posts you'd expect i.e him chiming in on Kevin Nash's flamewar/Twitter slap fight with the Ultimate Warrior where they were talking about how lovely for business each other had been by threatening to powerbomb Warrior until he is literally dead which was quite possibly the Sid-iest thing he could have possibly posted.

I now want an anti-bullying ad that focuses on gay kids being bullied where the bully eats a powerbomb from Sid, and, on his way out of the school, Sid does those incredibly enthusiastic fistbumps he does when he works face with people who dig him.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

I am somehow positive that was Sid's goal. 'What's the most absurd loving thing I can bring back... A SQUEEGEE! He'll poo poo himself laughing and we can get back to drinking.'

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I now want an anti-bullying ad that focuses on gay kids being bullied where the bully eats a powerbomb from Sid, and, on his way out of the school, Sid does those incredibly enthusiastic fistbumps he does when he works face with people who dig him.

This is the best mental image and I'm sad it'll never happen.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is the best mental image and I'm sad it'll never happen.

Tweet it to him. He's crazy enough...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Daniel Bryan posted:

Check out @nicoleandbri tonight on main event and watch them prove why they’re the BEST DIVAS IN THE GAME!!! #RichardSherman
I wish he wasn't towing the line and going watch them prove that they are somewhat good Divas in the game.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

I wish he wasn't towing the line and going watch them prove that they are somewhat good Divas in the game.

Well, if he said "Go watch my fiancee! She's become perfectly adequate thanks to my extensive tutelage.", I'd worry his concussion was much worse than they're letting on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, it's a real shame he tries to promote his fiancé and talk her up. What a company shill.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They ARE the best "divas" though. AJ is the best wrestler.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

sticklefifer posted:

They ARE the best "divas" though. AJ is the best wrestler.

I don't even agree with that. She's good, great at selling, but I'd put Tamina and maybe Nattie over her, wrestling talent wise.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, it's a real shame he tries to promote his fiancé and talk her up. What a company shill.
Yeah I do feel like an idiot when I think about it

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
I don't know what Bryan sees in Brie. She probably can't even do a believable Muta Lock.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Ugh I just hate seeing Brie with that panera'd up tofu-head.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

I don't know what Bryan sees in Brie. She probably can't even do a believable Muta Lock.

:goonsay:

Congrats, you just became that guy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Perfidus posted:

I don't even agree with that. She's good, great at selling, but I'd put Tamina and maybe Nattie over her, wrestling talent wise.

lmao

I'm not very high on AJ but Tamina is wretched

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bradzilla posted:

it's u

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't put Tamina over anyone and thankfully the creative team do much the same

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

The guy was a virgin and she showed interest in him, she'd have to get a restraining order to be rid of him.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bradzilla posted:

Nope
:thejoke:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Has anyone tweeted at Daniel Bryan to sever yet? He needs to know.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

lmao

I'm not very high on AJ but Tamina is wretched

Uh no she's the best, oatgan.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm sorry. Anyone that says Tamina is one of the best obviously is either trolling or has recently had some head trauma.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Deadpool posted:

I'm sorry. Anyone that says Tamina is one of the best obviously is either trolling or has recently had some head trauma.

What is Daniel Bryan's opinion of Tamina?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Deadpool posted:

Head trauma caused by her dangerous lovely kicks

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I think Tamina is pretty good when she's just doing power moves and throwing her weight around in her jean vest. She's got a good build to be credible as a brute type and she seems good at those kinds of attacks. It's when she tries to get acrobatic that she looks bad.

If she cut most of the flippy crap out of her moveset and learned to do the drat Superfly Splash properly so she could keep it for LEGACY purposes, she'd be one of the better Divas on the roster.

And there's nothing wrong with the Bella Twins. They've gotten so good compared to where they used to be it's kind of amazing. Nikki may only be good at selling, but that's one more skill than the zero she used to have, and Brie has gotten to at least average in all areas. And darn it, I like their enthusiasm! :colbert:

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
There's Nattie and AJ, then everyone else. Summer Rae has some potential. And Alicia Fox is decent when they give her something to do besides tag matches. And when Emma and Paige are up full time, the division has a chance to be decent. They need to dump Rosa, Aksana, Tamina, and a few others though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DM Punk posted:

There's Nattie and AJ, then everyone else. Summer Rae has some potential. And Alicia Fox is decent when they give her something to do besides tag matches. And when Emma and Paige are up full time, the division has a chance to be decent. They need to dump Rosa, Aksana, Tamina, and a few others though.

They shouldn't dump Tamina, she's super green and has had no real chance to improve due to the way she's been used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The guy was a virgin and she showed interest in him, she'd have to get a restraining order to be rid of him.
Its kind of funny in retrospect looking back at that Bella twins Daniel Bryan storyline

E: And yeah Tamina sure is great