Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

They won album of the year! drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

We're up all night to win Grammies.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Good job daft punk :)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcDadaQjbvY

March 2/3, 2013. You've come a long way, baby.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
I think the Grammys are a sham but it's still cool to see these duders in the spotlight getting some serious mainstream recognition. Even if it's only because they're deep in bed with Columbia.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

-Inu- posted:

I think the Grammys are a sham but it's still cool to see these duders in the spotlight getting some serious mainstream recognition. Even if it's only because they're deep in bed with Columbia.

Hopefully they get pressured to tour now.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
'What the hell are these robots doing on stage with Little Enos Burdette?' - my mom plus probably a million other boomers

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Hopefully they get pressured to tour now.

This x1000.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

-Inu- posted:

The Grammies don't matter, but it only takes us a few hours every year to pretend they do, so when stuff like this happens it's a pretty good investment.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

I think the best part is all of the older people who must have been hopelessly confused by the two guys dressed like robots who had an advocate in a fedora speaking for them and won 5 awards including album of the year.

As such:

Chief Savage Man posted:

'What the hell are these robots doing on stage with Little Enos Burdette?' - my mom plus probably a million other boomers

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ultimate Mango posted:

I don't care how much tickets cost, I want a tour so bad. Still kicking myself for missing Alive. I will not miss this one.
Congrats, robots.

This x1000.

I don't care how far I have to go I will see them live.

gabi
Sep 10, 2008
My boyfriend (:siren:) just made this, I thought it was pretty funny. Ignore the random twitter follow request at the bottom, that was just on the video he grabbed the footage from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcKBy8hRjNM

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

gabi posted:

My boyfriend (:siren:) just made this, I thought it was pretty funny. Ignore the random twitter follow request at the bottom, that was just on the video he grabbed the footage from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcKBy8hRjNM
Okay, this may be even more awesome than the performance itself. Give your boyfriend a high five for me :D

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Perfidus posted:

Yeah I'm with you. I'll pay any price to see these guys. Been a huge fan since '97. I kick myself for missing Alive too.

I was at the Brooklyn Alive 2007 show, and it was pretty much the best show possible. Just rad as gently caress in every way.

Seeing Daft Punk with Stevie Wonder blew my mind. Only thing that could have made it better was if they had the helmets from Interstella 9999

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
I keep waiting for those helmets to make a new appearance.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Bleh,

Pretty cool to see them live, now they just need to go on tour to make it all even better.

Foehammer007 fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 27, 2014

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

So this means panda bear got an award as well?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Anyone have the full video of Paul William's speech? CBS has a cut version of it online. :(

incoherent posted:

So this means panda bear got an award as well?

Yeah, he's listed in the award for best album, so he gets one too.

edit: Who was the drummer for the performance tonight? Dude was awesome.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 27, 2014

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

edit: Who was the drummer for the performance tonight? Dude was awesome.
I believe it was the drummer who worked with them while recording the actual track, which would be Omar Hakim.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Yeah, that was Omar Hakim.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It was a pretty good performance I will admit.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:3:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I love that pause, like "gently caress it we're not going to stay in character".

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Someone who helped build the set for the Grammy performance posted some photos of the mixing console on his tumblr - http://jim-logiudice.tumblr.com/post/74699945669/heres-the-set-we-built-for-daft-punks-grammy

interpunct fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 27, 2014

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
That drummer looked like he was having the time of his life! Great stuff.

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!
Are there any good social media screenshots of people dissing Daft Punk for taking the album of the year Grammy over T Swift?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Doctor Claw posted:

Are there any good social media screenshots of people dissing Daft Punk for taking the album of the year Grammy over T Swift?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

#angry #seriously #why #they just make dumb rear end beep boop music #taylor swift is the only rapper in the mainstream who really has something to say

Edit: I thought this was the GBS Grammy thread because I'm dumb but I'm going to keep this post anyways.

Hustle Hound fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 27, 2014

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Doctor Claw posted:

Nothing will compare to the face Taylor Swift herself made when they announced it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

slogsdon posted:

Nothing will compare to the face Taylor Swift herself made when they announced it.

Got a gif?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
The name of Taylor Swift's album is "Red", she and everyone around her thought that when the winner was announced the "R..." in "Random Access Memories" was the "R..." in "Red". Taylor thought she had one for like .04 seconds.

Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnBz6A14i0&feature=player_detailpage#t=49

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I thought the reaction from the guy behind her was pretty funny.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

The name of Taylor Swift's album is "Red", she and everyone around her thought that when the winner was announced the "R..." in "Random Access Memories" was the "R..." in "Red". Taylor thought she had one for like .04 seconds.

Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnBz6A14i0&feature=player_detailpage#t=49

This is the best thing. Also how can people accuse Daft Punk of being robots and then mention Taylor Swift in the same sentence?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Chiming in to say I would probably pay any amount of money to see them live if they go on tour this year. Last year I found their Discovery CD I bought when I was a freshman in high school and couldn't believe I have been listening to them for this long; drat, 13 years. The Grammys are a sham, but it gave me so much joy having Daft Punk smash everyone else out.

Slandible fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 29, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Khorne Flakes posted:

Chiming in to say I would probably pay any amount of money to see them live if they go on tour this year. Last year I found their Discovery CD I bought when I was a freshman in high school and couldn't believe I have been listening to them for this long; drat, 13 years. The Grammys are a sham, but it gave me so much joy having Daft Punk smash everyone else out.

Also if you like Daft Punk, please check out their soundtrack to Tron Legacy. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but my god it is a wonderful thing.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Also if you like Daft Punk, please check out their soundtrack to Tron Legacy. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but my god it is a wonderful thing.

Oh I have listened to it quite a bit over the past few years, the only reason I went to see the movie in theaters was I knew they did the entire soundtrack.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
Um... uh... I guess I'd be the lone spoilsport to say I found the Get Lucky performance completely boring?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Nah it was kinda gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003