Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Compendium posted:

If they were able to get a cool actor like him to do a small part for the season finale, something tells me they have more plans in the future for him. Jeremy and Grandpa Crane can bond over their hate for Ichabod.

There's no way all we're gonna see of Garber was five minutes in one episode. Considering that one Horseman has been Crane's former-friend, and another his loving son. I'm gonna freely assume that he'll play a very big role in season 2. Possible the final Horseman, the one we haven't seen one. Though, we don't know who exactly assumed the role of Pestilence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

El Tortuga posted:

There's no way all we're gonna see of Garber was five minutes in one episode. Considering that one Horseman has been Crane's former-friend, and another his loving son. I'm gonna freely assume that he'll play a very big role in season 2. Possible the final Horseman, the one we haven't seen one. Though, we don't know who exactly assumed the role of Pestilence.

It's going to be Katrina.

Also Pestilence isn't one of the Horsemen, though everyone thinks it is. The Horsemen are, in order: Conquest, War, possibly Famine (though this too is ambiguous) and Death.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 26, 2014

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Jedit posted:

Also Pestilence isn't one of the Horsemen, though everyone thinks it is. The Horsemen are, in order: Conquest, War, possibly Famine (though this too is ambiguous) and Death.

Season 6 Season Finale: Katrina has become the final horsewoman, Death, Irving's daughter is now a witch thanks to the demon's touch, and Abbie and the gang have to form a the ultimate megazord to beat Moloch.
Also, Yolanda is actually the true boss of Moloch and has been leading everything from through her OnStar headset.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I am fully down with Victor Garber having a recurring role. I'd love to see some scenes with him and John Noble.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, it's so great that they had the early renewal so they could build towards the uber cliffhanger, because poo poo, that owned.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Jedit posted:

The Horsemen are, in order: Conquest, War, possibly Famine (though this too is ambiguous) and Death.

It always seems redundant to have seperate Horsemen for War and Conquest. Like, those are some pretty intertwined concepts to me.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

It always seems redundant to have seperate Horsemen for War and Conquest. Like, those are some pretty intertwined concepts to me.

I think it used to symbolize (Civil) War vs. Conquest (from outside invaders), but the show has already done the more pop culture relevant Pestilence in the Roanoke episode, so it's moot.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jedit posted:

While more broadly speaking this is true, the show already established that they're using Pestilence rather than Conquest.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Regy Rusty posted:

While more broadly speaking this is true, the show already established that they're using Pestilence rather than Conquest.

He's both Pestilence and Conquest in the show (Ichabod mentions the name Conquest anyway).

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Id say that the difference between them is like the difference between the Eastern Front and Generalplan Ost. They're related(and so is Death) but don't mean the same thing.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Season 6 Season Finale: Katrina has become the final horsewoman, Death, Irving's daughter is now a witch thanks to the demon's touch, and Abbie and the gang have to form a the ultimate megazord to beat Moloch.
Also, Yolanda is actually the true boss of Moloch and has been leading everything from through her OnStar headset.

"I TRUSTED YOU, YOLANDA!"

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Astrofig posted:

"I TRUSTED YOU, YOLANDA!"

Yolanda said she worked for Northstar. All this time she was truly working for the morningstar.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
It's not Yolanda. It's actually Abbie's I-Phone. Siri is Satan.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The final horseman is Orlando Jones's Twitter persona.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

speng31b posted:

The final horseman is Orlando Jones's Twitter persona.
Moloch: "The witnesses and their allies have failed. We have broken six of the divine seals that protect your world from the armies of Hell, leaving only one standing between us and our victory. The sacrifice of this girl shall make seven."

Irving: "Make seven?" *buries an axe in Moloch's face* "UP YOURS!"

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 27, 2014

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Subterfrugal posted:

I actually kind of dig the "TREMBLE BEFORE ME MORTALow, poo poo. what the gently caress was that and how am I bleeding?" gag. After a few millennia of loving around with humanity, I could see the Great Old Ones being a bit put off by the clever apes really getting their poo poo together in the last few centuries.
"No weapon forged by man may slay me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QnYKR9vMh4&t=158s

"Oh..."

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Robot Hobo posted:

Moloch: "The witnesses and their allies have failed. We have broken six of the divine seals that protect your world from the armies of Hell, leaving only one standing between us and our victory. The sacrifice of this girl shall make seven."

Irving: "Make seven?" *buries an axe in Moloch's face* "UP YOURS!"

Moloch: "I will show you horrors like you have never seen before."
Irving: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN!"

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

That ending twist was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I think I'm done with this show.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ravenkult posted:

That ending twist was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I think I'm done with this show.

Did you miss the rest of the season or something?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

NeuroticLich posted:

Did you miss the rest of the season or something?

No, why, did everyone pick up on this amazing plot twist?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ravenkult posted:

No, why, did everyone pick up on this amazing plot twist?

No, we just all figured out the show was magnificently dumb popcorn viewing about ten episodes ago.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Oh yeah, I know. But even so, that ending was really something.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yeah, it was something amazing. :allears:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I shouldn't have been surprised by the ending because of his character in Fringe but I still was. This is a great show.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea I can't think of a complaint about the ending that wouldn't also apply to like a hundred other moments throughout the season.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Basebf555 posted:

Yea I can't think of a complaint about the ending that wouldn't also apply to like a hundred other moments throughout the season.
The only complaint about the ending that I have is that the ending of season one is too far away from the beginning of season two. drat it.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I really hope we get a You-Tube channel of Ichabod bitching about modern life and correcting historical errors.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

johntfs posted:

I really hope we get a You-Tube channel of Ichabod bitching about modern life and correcting historical errors.

Thats how they are going to tide the fans over until the new season, a youtube channel which is just a constant shot of some bare earth and Ichabod complaining in a really muffled voice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SiKboy posted:

Thats how they are going to tide the fans over until the new season, a youtube channel which is just a constant shot of some bare earth and Ichabod complaining in a really muffled voice.

"What quarrel does a bird have with a pig? And why are they so cross?"

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Waffleman_ posted:

"What quarrel does a bird have with a pig? And why are they so cross?"

"Never have I found a service so aptly named. Twitter is indeed filled to overflowing with twits!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SiKboy posted:

And then around mid July they just stop because he's figured out how to get Netflix working on Abbey's iPhone and spends the rest of the summer binge-watching Breaking Bad.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
"And this 'Snap-Chat' application, what is that? It makes one's photographs vanish in seconds! This is not what I fought in the Revolution for!"

step aside
Sep 21, 2011
How's reception inside magical graves?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Well, with the Verizon 4G network

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
"What does chatting have to do with roulette? And why are all these people showing me their genitalia?"

Pendergast
Nov 11, 2012
Glad I wasn't the only one shocked by the ending. John Noble is an amazing actor. Walter was one of my favorite fictional characters.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Robot Hobo posted:

The only complaint about the ending that I have is that the ending of season one is too far away from the beginning of season two. drat it.

This is the first valid complaint I've heard about this show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Great news, John Noble has been promoted to series regular :dance:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sleepy-hollow-john-noble-lyndie-675182

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Looking forward to War and Death shacking up like the Odd Couple. :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Even better, Lyndie Greenwood has too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Even better, Lyndie Greenwood has too!

God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world.

:woop:

• Locked thread