Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Looks like the kittens are up for adoption tomorrow, and everyone has someone coming to get them.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Update from FDJ:
"Kitten Update: Still no kittens due to the off season. Since I'm currently fosterless, I've decided to hold off on new fosters until Jan 13th to allow for a family vacation the weekend of the 10th.

The way things typically work, new fosters come to the shelter and are sent out to a foster care provider after their in-processing - they don't stay at the shelter. As such, I won't know when I'll be having kittens until just a couple hours prior to picking them up. But trust me, as soon as I hear about kittens, you will hear about kittens. I want kittens too!"

So it's going to be a while. He could probably use a break anyway. :) Anyone find any other cams worth watching?

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

SpannerX posted:

So it's going to be a while. He could probably use a break anyway. :) Anyone find any other cams worth watching?

There's Paul in Vancouver: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2678810/events/2648295
You have to sign in to watch, but it's easy to join.

Then there's Sarah: http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCuddleRoom/FleurSweethearts
She comes online and does AMAs with chatters

And the Tiny kittens are always cute: http://new.livestream.com/tinykittens/jungle

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

FDJ is rebroadcasting The Ripley kittens while waiting for new fosters. I forgot how cute that bunch were.

http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/WaitingForKittens

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
"Picking up the Pixar Fosters. Pictured are Sully (front) and Dash. Mom is Dory, a brown tabby that is very skittish but not fearful."

Soooon....

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Looks like they're already pretty well grown, no kitties learning to sit up for us. Still, cute kitties!

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Looks like they're already pretty well grown, no kitties learning to sit up for us. Still, cute kitties!

The weeks where they're just furry potatoes that sleep and nurse are pretty dull anyhow. I'm all for bigger kitties! :3:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

hailthefish posted:

The weeks where they're just furry potatoes that sleep and nurse are pretty dull anyhow. I'm all for bigger kitties! :3:

I kind of like when they start doing the wappy paws though, and pile on on another. They start to show their personalities too.

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

I'm just happy to have any kittens at all. And by the time these two babies are ready for adoption, it will almost be kitten season again!

The Tiny Kittens stream is getting a pregnant mom soon too, according to their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/tinykittens

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!
I like it when kittens just get enough coordination to be playful. They still have little round heads with ears that aren't entirely opened, which I think is when they look the cutest. The clumsiness they have at that age makes them funny to watch, too.

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Intuition as guided by experience
They may not be babies but they still need some FDJ. Christ, I am so excited for new kittens!

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

John's new kittens:
http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/ThePixarFosters

The kittens are 9 weeks old, both boys, both neutered. Mom is about 2 years and has already been spayed. John will have them for about 3 weeks for socializing and to fatten them up a bit. They had bad ear mites, but they're not feral.

Tiny Kittens pregnant mom, currently sleeping behind her box:
http://new.livestream.com/tinykittens/cupcake

She is due sometime before Feb. 1st.

Pheeets fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 24, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The boys have adapted to human contact super-fast and seem to happily run over to be picked up and bellyrubbed whenever he wants.

The mother won't come out of a tube in the room, even when he's not there.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

MikeJF posted:

The boys have adapted to human contact super-fast and seem to happily run over to be picked up and bellyrubbed whenever he wants.

The mother won't come out of a tube in the room, even when he's not there.

Sadly this is how it can be with feral strays. There used to be lots in the house I grew up in - the older cats would never let you come too near, but their kitten were always easy to catch after they got used to you. She's gonna need a lot of time, even then she might not ever warm up too much.

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

Dory has decided to come out from her hiding place while John is in the room, and seems very happy to have her back petted and chin rubbed. She even head-butted John once! :3: Of course, she's still a tad bit skittish, but I'm amazed at how quickly she has accepted John. It's around 16:18:30 when Dory decides to approach John.

Kitten Head Ridge fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 26, 2014

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Cupcake kittens will be here soon!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Kittens are happening right now, at least one that I can see.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

All six kittens are out, after roughly three hours of labor. Four boys, one girl, one undetermined.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

That is a very pretty Momma-cat.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

xcheopis posted:

That is a very pretty Momma-cat.

She is very pretty! Although right now she's looking a bit rough. Big day.

The kids are already noisy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The fosterer is trying to weigh the babies, and the mother is grumpy, but she has to prioritise her time away from the babies, so she's growling and eating at the same time, it sounds hilarious.

Oh, wow, she just assualted the fosterer hardcore. Heavy screaming from the cat.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Is that at about 11:55:00 in? I'm just watching that now, from 11:45 ish.

Well, the first day didn't go so well for weighing. :D Google spreadsheet.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

The Cupcake Kittens seem neutral about the Superbowl

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kittens are getting gifts!

Blankies! And a chickenfish!

Oh, and pumpkin fell out of the nest last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EJf4JgFm1c

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Okay, that was pretty hilarious and cute at the same time.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
The kittens are getting super cute!

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

SpannerX posted:

The kittens are getting super cute!

Good lord. :3:

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

I miss being around kittens of that age. I love their little round heads and bitty ears. :3:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
New kittens for the Critter Room on their way!

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.
My off-hand suggestion to name them Ghostbuster Kittens seems to be going extremely well with the Facebook crowd.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

insert_funny posted:

My off-hand suggestion to name them Ghostbuster Kittens seems to be going extremely well with the Facebook crowd.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is what they get called. It works. And John is a geek. :)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Pretty mom!

The Cupcake kittens are so getting big now. They are so cute!

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

insert_funny posted:

Looks like it stuck! Grats!

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Ghostbuster kittens are live :

http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/TheGhostbusterKittens

What happened to momma cats eye? :yarr:
edit: there it is right under the drat video : eye herpies

Metanaut fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah. They can't perform surgery whilst she's nursing but it'll be removed when she's spayed.

Arrr.

• Locked thread