Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I had two 'real life' 7 Days to Die dreams last night, not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I've not played for a week.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I probably should start playing this again. I really do like it. But it kind of sucks when you don't

1) have a goal in mind, such as building a murderfort
2) the world has been picked clean by everyone
3) people aren't online

Also, I think the server is down.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Renditious posted:

Well, finally found my way to the cratered ruins of Goonfort the ... Nth? The one in the snow biome, at least. Is there a particular reason that every looted building on the server has been detonated into oblivion, or is that just for fun?

Pubbies tend to hole up in the nice places, and they get rocketed/TNT's/oil barreled into server lag.

A lot of the problems are the prevalence of hacking, both that they can spawn anything with a click, where they click, and that the modified pistol can shoot metal blocks, reinforced concrete, and bedrock with a single hit.
Also, their ability to return, despite being banned repeatedly.

The downside is that when this gets corrected, there will be a shitton of scrounging and resource deserts, and a goonfort would need 24 hour supervision, or something.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Mistle posted:

Pubbies tend to hole up in the nice places, and they get rocketed/TNT's/oil barreled into server lag.

A lot of the problems are the prevalence of hacking, both that they can spawn anything with a click, where they click, and that the modified pistol can shoot metal blocks, reinforced concrete, and bedrock with a single hit.
Also, their ability to return, despite being banned repeatedly.

The downside is that when this gets corrected, there will be a shitton of scrounging and resource deserts, and a goonfort would need 24 hour supervision, or something.

Not to mention that it is so easy to do this.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Once the many dupe bugs are fixed, then people will REALLY be forced to hunt for items.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Out of boredom I tested a few of the "hacks" going around, If you turn on instant block breaking and fire the shotgun you can take out half a building wall. Its pretty awesome.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Hows Diersville looking these days Kea?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

simosimo posted:

Hows Diersville looking these days Kea?

Cant get on the goon server so I havent been able to continue the project.

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
6.2 Patch has been released:

quote:

Changes

Changed on Mac the reflective water is set to off per default improving frame rate
Changed shotgun to use animation clips to support single shell loading
Changed reduced radiator to have 2 pounds of brass
Changed reduced weight of car batteries
Changed trophy 2 and 3 to lead and tungsten
Changed Breakdown Weapon recipe name and tip description to say Breakdown Item instead
Changed sharp stone attack has been removed and is no longer a weapon may come back in alpha 7
Changed mp5 to SMG on all items
Changed Kicking and banning to search if name contains than input instead of starting with the input. Also added player id as a fallback. Player id can be seen by using the “lp” command.

Bug Fixes

Fixed player hosted game servers were not showing in the game browser.
Fixed game Info player counts were showing incorrect numbers
Fixed favorite servers list would break if you had no other favorites and added a manual favorite entry.
Fixed unable to remap reload/take-all key, should now map correctly.
Fixed bug when mining less than 16 blocks above bedrock pressing E brings up a console error IndexArrayOutOfBounds
Fixed brass trophy so it can be smelted
Fixed female third person wrench hold and use animations
Fixed crossbow bolt from stuttering when reloaded
Fixed female crossbow animations
Fixed shotgun reload and crossbow stutters
Fixed animator warning for sharp stone
Fixed Crafting Grid Item Loss when quick crafting using known recipes if you switch from recipe to recipe you will lose the items on crafting grid.
Fixed Add an ounces and burn time for gas cans for the auger and chainsaw.
Fixed Multiplayer\Client de-sync all containers de-sync between server and client resulting in loss of items, item duplication, and in some containers which have randomly generated loot multiple different instances of that loot.
Fixed Forge didn’t sync between clientsKnown Issues
Players can sometimes get stuck in small vertical spaces less than 2 blocks high like on top of a cinder block or trash pile
Mac builds need to quit via the task manager
Rocket Launchers and Hunting Rifles cannot be broken down yet or crafted
Upgrading to Alpha 6 will sometimes cause players to lose key bindings go into options/controls/restore defaults and hit apply then close the game and start again to fix the problem

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
So is duping gone?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yes, duping is in fact gone. RIP duping 600 sticks of TNT all at once.

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO
Can you ban via steam ID yet? It would be nice to remove the password from my server.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

now that duping is gone, i am drawn back.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
And they fixed one of the big roadblocks to banning hackers too.

Server was down since I couldn't keep hosting it on top of watching it 24/7 to ensure a hacker didn't ruin it. Plus the weather was knocking the power out over the past week. Now that the tools to deal with hackers are gone, i'll do a full reset and patch the server to 6.2 once i'm back at the house.

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO

Archonex posted:

And they fixed one of the big roadblocks to banning hackers too.

Server was down since I couldn't keep hosting it on top of watching it 24/7 to ensure a hacker didn't ruin it. Plus the weather was knocking the power out over the past week. Now that the tools to deal with hackers are gone, i'll do a full reset and patch the server to 6.2 once i'm back at the house.

As to my question above. Is the only thing they changed the ability to ban with ID instead of name. Could people not still just change their name and get a new ID. Or is it actually banning Steam IDs now?

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Urby posted:

As to my question above. Is the only thing they changed the ability to ban with ID instead of name. Could people not still just change their name and get a new ID. Or is it actually banning Steam IDs now?

Ill test it on my server now.

Edit:

And changing your steam name still bypasses the ban.

bad boys for life fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 31, 2014

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

the dad farm posted:

now that duping is gone, i am drawn back.

Ditto. I got bored with infinite dynamite pretty quick and would dig getting back into survival mode a bit more.

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, with duping gone, we finally have an incentive to scrounge around ruins and murder pubbies for their precious, precious guns.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Dwarf posted:

Yeah, with duping gone, we finally have an incentive to scrounge around ruins and murder pubbies for their precious, precious guns.

Duping isn't gone.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
I played this morning, and I couldn't find a way to dupe things anymore. The old drop+scroll method did not work for me. What ways are people still duping things?

A couple of changes I have noticed today,

1. A stick will kill a zombie with two head shots.
2. There are a TON of zombies in any settlement. I walked into a house with 12 zombies inside. Overall, more zombies.
3. The light mechanic still only works about half the time at night.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

TrinityOfDeath posted:

I played this morning, and I couldn't find a way to dupe things anymore. The old drop+scroll method did not work for me. What ways are people still duping things?

A couple of changes I have noticed today,

1. A stick will kill a zombie with two head shots.
2. There are a TON of zombies in any settlement. I walked into a house with 12 zombies inside. Overall, more zombies.
3. The light mechanic still only works about half the time at night.

I used scroll n drop fine.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Urby posted:

They can change their name, but if it's letting you ban via Steam ID it's as simple as getting it and adding it to the manual list that requires a reboot.

Also I wanted to put the server up, but Steam is not updating the game properly for some reason. So it'll have to stay down until I can fix it. :stonk:

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012
Let us know whenever you've got it up. I've been in the mood to play, and pubbie servers just aren't the same...

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

Renditious posted:

Let us know whenever you've got it up. I've been in the mood to play, and pubbie servers just aren't the same...

Yeah single player isn't really fun either, although it is nice to not worry about lack of supply.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The way I see it is; I already have gotten my moneys worth, and this is still an early access game. The new features and bug fixes will make this kickin rad!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Way to pressure me guys.

I'm re-downloading the thing now. For some reason Steam was hanging on an empty updating notice. Hopefully should be up soon.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

simosimo posted:

The way I see it is; I already have gotten my moneys worth, and this is still an early access game. The new features and bug fixes will make this kickin rad!

Definately my opinion as well, over the past week or so whenever I have been bored I can jump on 7dtd and go kill some pubbies/vandalise a beautifully made base.

Archonex posted:

Way to pressure me guys.

I'm re-downloading the thing now. For some reason Steam was hanging on an empty updating notice. Hopefully should be up soon.

Can i try and turn diersville into a sinkhole?

Kea fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 2, 2014

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I bit the bullet, gently caress all y'all, I'm going to ruin people's day.

Ofc I buy it when the server is down

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 2, 2014

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012
Has update 6.3 made the map not match the ground?

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
Not sure, but the 6.3 update is again killing my will to play. My rough guess is only 10-20% of servers are running 6.3, and you are lucky if they have anyone on. Splitting the playerbase up is never a good move.

I know, "It's only Alpha", but if I'm paying $25-35 for any game I expect competent development. Kerbal Space Program only cost me 10 bucks, and it is an outstanding model to follow.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

TrinityOfDeath posted:

Not sure, but the 6.3 update is again killing my will to play. My rough guess is only 10-20% of servers are running 6.3, and you are lucky if they have anyone on. Splitting the playerbase up is never a good move.

I know, "It's only Alpha", but if I'm paying $25-35 for any game I expect competent development. Kerbal Space Program only cost me 10 bucks, and it is an outstanding model to follow.

It's not really fair to blame the developers for people not updating their servers to the most recent version :confused:

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012
Nothing particularly noteworthy in the 6.3 patch notes, with the possible exception of an increased chance for a container to contain nothing (this is an improvement?)

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

It's not really fair to blame the developers for people not updating their servers to the most recent version :confused:

The devs can be blamed for this, and it is in their interest to keep everyone on the same patch number. They could say "update to 6.3, or your server won't show up in the browser". Instead, I get to jump through more hoops to find a server to play on. It splits the playerbase into multiple groups that can not play with each other. They may still have my dollar, but they will kill the momentum they have if people stop playing and stop recommending this game because they can't find a server to play on. This issue is not without precedence.

This game has a great potential, I would hate to see it ruined by something stupid like this.

Monkey Knife Fight
Sep 1, 2008

Future #1 Forums Superstar
I've been waiting for a good goon presence since getting this game a few days ago. Jump on mumble so we can organize!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I'm sitting on mumble alone :smith:

GET ON LLJK YOU FUCKS

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 5, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'm sitting on mumble alone :smith:

Accurately recreating the post apocalyptic life style.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

:siren: 9:00 PM CST (3 hours from now) :siren: Get on mumble and 7 days to die! We have to reclaim our server!

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012
Not sure how much there is to reclaim anymore, what with everything being reduced to a nuked out crater. I don't mind buildings being destroyed as part of players fighting and destroying each others bases, but hackers flying around and shooting infinite rocket launchers kind of gets old after a while.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Renditious posted:

Not sure how much there is to reclaim anymore, what with everything being reduced to a nuked out crater. I don't mind buildings being destroyed as part of players fighting and destroying each others bases, but hackers flying around and shooting infinite rocket launchers kind of gets old after a while.

We can always try!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Well, the good news is that I spent the time with my server down learning some of the new coords. So once I put it back up I can go back to rolling back areas that get hit by hackers so long as I do regular backups.