Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

As elaborate as all this setup is, I still can't help but wondering why the murderer didn't just frame Ibuki for Saionji's murder. Set up everything almost exactly the same, just don't hide Saionji's body.

With a locked room, a video of Ibuki killing herself, and blood on Ibuki's shoes and ladder, it would be the most immediate explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Mav-san posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Ibuki who killed Saionji, and then hung herself, by order of the culprit who took advantage of Ibuki's current state to "control her mind" (she was basically obeying everybody because of Despair Fever).

The question is, if my theory is right, would Ibuki or the mind controller be considered the culprit?

I think the last trial established that killing by proxy isn't a plausible excuse for murder, so Ibuki would likely be considered the killer in that instance.

Of course, the fact about someone influencing her to kill someone would have to be brought to light in the trial. And I doubt Monobear would let that person get away completely unscathed.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

It didn't work last trial because when it comes down to it, it wasn't a kill by proxy. Peko wasn't acting on Kuzuryuu's orders; killing Koizumi was something she decided to do independently of what he did or wanted. Heck, if given the choice, Kuzuryuu would have told her to stay out of it.

As for the drumstick, I think it's evidence against Sonia or Souda being the culprit, because it puts suspicion on those without alibis (so they could be in the building when the door broke) and they were the only two without one. Since it's still physically impossible for Nanami or Gundam to tear down the fake pillar and drag it somewhere else, that leaves Mikan and Kuzuryuu.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 2, 2014

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Mav-san posted:

I'm pretty sure Ibuki's current state makes her listen to everything and act without question (I'm bit lazy and busy to look right now, but I'm sure there's evidence of it in the previous updates). Her new "soldier persona" caused by the fever further adds to this.

She does still have a survival instinct.

orenronen posted:

Watch out, Mioda-san!
Hinata-kun is dangerous! He's scheming to kill and eat you!
W...What the hell...?!

Sir! My flesh is not particularly tasty! I would appreciate it very much if you would not eat me!!
But he was obviously lying!
Oh, I see, sir! It was a lie!

I wasn't lying. I never tell lies!

I see, sir! It wasn't a lie! Pleading will be required after all!

quote:

And I don't think it's a reboot of Chapter 2 either. What we got in Chapter 2 was someone acting on its own for the sake of other. In this theory, it's just someone taking advantage of another person to kill without dirtying its hands.

Not enough difference and a lame can of worms. I'm not worried about this being the case.

Mav-san
Oct 22, 2012
She may have, but it doesn't mean she won't ignore it under orders. Besides:

Irony Be My Shield posted:

- The culprit fakes the hanging on camera in order to lure Hinata over. Presumably the culprit just ordered Ibuki to go up and put her neck in the noose, although if it's Tsumiki she could have acted it out herself.
- The culprit kicks away the ladder (since Ibuki probably wouldn't agree to actually kill herself) and hides (probably behind the curtain) before Hinata gets there.

He has a very good point. If Ibuki just acted like Irony Be My Shield described, she didn't have to deal with the suicide thing. In that sick and dumbed down state, even something like "hey, just climb this ladder and hang this noose around your neck for a pretty picture!" would work.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Not enough difference and a lame can of worms. I'm not worried about this being the case.

Well, that's your opinion. I do think it's enough of a difference.

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah, the drumstick was probably snapped beforehand and left on the floor to disguise the glue that was actually keeping the door shut, while giving alibis to people who were definitely outside the club to witness the door being broken down. Kuzuryuu is being awfully helpful at noticing the red herring clues, too. Maybe his reformation post-trial was all an act? :tinfoil:

I keep going back and forth between suspecting him and thinking he's just hopelessly unlucky/naive by finding all of the red herring clues. I mean, in this past update, he's the one who insists that Ibuki is the one killed first and he's the one who explains the drumstick clue and says that must make it impossible for one of the people breaking down the door to be the culprit (conveniently, he's one of the ones who help break down the door). Combined with the stuff I quoted right before the update- the fact that he shoos us off during the last call before the murder so we can't see the music room and confirm Souda's there with no bodies, it just seems really suspicious. He also has motive- being angry at Saonji after her taunting and accusations.

But then again, there's nothing really damning and all of this can be explained away by coincidence and reasonable doubt.

I'm still confused about the green stuff. What substance hardens up when it gets warm (in as little as 10 min)? All I can think of are things that melt when heated, which seems to be the opposite of what happened here (if the heat and the substance are related). Did Hinata comment on the heat the first time he was in the music club this morning? I can't remember. If not, then I suppose the killer could have slipped in, turned up the heat, which then caused the doors to be glued together when he came back the second time? If so, then it seems like the killer would need to have applied the substance after Hinata left but before he came back.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
I'm a bit confused on why it's impossible for Nanami to be the killer

It only appears that Gundam is here at first while Nanami just sort of pops in later.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

SchrodingersFish posted:

I keep going back and forth between suspecting him and thinking he's just hopelessly unlucky/naive by finding all of the red herring clues. I mean, in this past update, he's the one who insists that Ibuki is the one killed first and he's the one who explains the drumstick clue and says that must make it impossible for one of the people breaking down the door to be the culprit (conveniently, he's one of the ones who help break down the door). Combined with the stuff I quoted right before the update- the fact that he shoos us off during the last call before the murder so we can't see the music room and confirm Souda's there with no bodies, it just seems really suspicious. He also has motive- being angry at Saonji after her taunting and accusations.

The bloodstain that the killer attempted to clean up could also suggest another motive. What if Saionji was the one who attacked the victim, and they killed her in self-defense? Saionji certainly has a motive to try to kill Kuzuryuu, if she still blames him for what happened to Koizumi. Plus, if she went to the club and found someone there who was supposed to be at the hospital, she could have attacked them out of fear of being infected with the despair disease. If this theory is true, then it casts doubt on any of the people that were at the hospital.

Then, the killer cleaned up the bloodstain to make it look like Saionji was either ambushed or killed elsewhere, and killed Mioda in order to pin the murder on her.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Saionji revealed that Koizumi had taught her to tie her obi during the last trial. Everyone was there to hear her saying it. This means that there's no culprit who would sensibly choose to tie the obi that way in order to try to make it look as if Saionji was the one who did it. This makes me think that the person who tied that obi was Saionji, that Saionji was the person in the video, forced to do it by threats from the culprit, and that when the culprit ordered her to get changed back into her kimono, Saionji tied her obi that way deliberately, as a clue for the others.

If it wasn't her, the culprit doesn't know how to tie an obi or was panicking and careless. I'd imagine that Kuzuryuu would be unlikely to make a mistake like that, as because of his background he would be famliar with traditional dress. The last trial even showed a picture of him as a child sitting next to Peko wearing a kimono. Even if he didn't know how to tie a woman's obi, he ought to at least remember that they're tied at the back in modern clothes. Maybe Sonia would be a more likely choice in this scenario. Wikipedia tells me that the custom of only tying obi at the back was only firmly established in the 20th century. I should check back over the media that Sonia's referred to so far to see if she's a fan of historical dramas set before then.

If Saionji wasn't the person in the video, we need a reason for why her obi was re-tied. Perhaps the culprit thought that Saionji was hiding an item in her kimono that the culprit needed for some reason? But there aren't any clues suggesting that.

The problem with the theory of Saionji possibly being the person in the video is that it would mean her murder was likely to have been planned and that the culprit had a way of drawing her out of her room, rather than for her to leave her room of her own accord and for the culprit to opportunistically kill her (or kill her in self defence) and then set things up later in response.

Anyway, Mioda has blood on the soles of her slippers. The culprit appeared to be taking great pains to make it look as if Saionji died second, so I doubt the bloodstained slippers were planted. This means that Mioda probably walked in on the crime scene at some point and that most likely Saionji was killed during the last night.

I suppose it's possible that the culprit was a woman and she took a video of herself, planning to use it to frame someone or to create an alibi for a murder she planned to commit, Saionji came in for some reason and was killed, leaving blood splatter on the ladder, then Mioda walked in and got her slippers bloody and was ordered to help prepare the crime scene. But that wouldn't explain Saionji's obi.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Wyvernil posted:

The bloodstain that the killer attempted to clean up could also suggest another motive. What if Saionji was the one who attacked the victim, and they killed her in self-defense? Saionji certainly has a motive to try to kill Kuzuryuu, if she still blames him for what happened to Koizumi. Plus, if she went to the club and found someone there who was supposed to be at the hospital, she could have attacked them out of fear of being infected with the despair disease. If this theory is true, then it casts doubt on any of the people that were at the hospital.

Then, the killer cleaned up the bloodstain to make it look like Saionji was either ambushed or killed elsewhere, and killed Mioda in order to pin the murder on her.

I like this theory but I think Saionji might have premeditated her attack.

The key in Saionji's kimono makes it likely she left her room of her own free will. But her obi is tied wrong and there's not much blood - what if she initially recorded and set up the hanging video but a third party discovered it, killed her, and went ahead with the setup anyway, killing Ibuki as well to cover tracks.

The third party could have been Saionji's original target - while Ibuki would have been easiest, anyone in a hospital gown could have been the target (although the other fever victims may not have had time to do everything, making me think that Ibuki was Saionji's target and someone else discovered the plot).

Meeks Sisu
Mar 30, 2011

Is this performance art!?
The theory that the room shown in the video wasn't actually the bar stage is basically confirmed now. The reason a candle was used to light the scene rather than the stage lights was because there weren't any stage lights in the fake crime scene (most likely the second floor of the hospital). A curtain was put up in the bar to match the one in the video. The bloodstain was cleaned up because it didn't exist in the fake stage. Everything points towards the video being a fake.

Presumably the killer was trying to hide Ibuki's time of death with that elaborate set-up.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Saionji left her room on her own, and she was the first to die, but I don't believe that the one who killed her walked on on her planning a murder and then murdered her to foil her plan. That would make her death a repeat of the motive for Hanamura's killing.

If Mikan did it - which is starting to look more likely - then she has a much better motive for wanting Saionji dead (the constant bullying).

The destruction of the camera/monitor on the floor may have been to ensure that no one could use it and realize it was unmodified stuff, not the actual video link at all

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 2, 2014

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'd say it seems TOO likely that Mikan is the culprit at this point, but this series does not exactly have the best track record in that regard.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

I'd say it seems TOO likely that Mikan is the culprit at this point, but this series does not exactly have the best track record in that regard.

My entirely flimsy reasoning for Mikan not being the killer this time is that if she gets executed, we're down to 3 girls and 6 boys, and that's hella uneven!

edit: Also, while I'm here, were the announced DR/DR2 English ports for the PSP or Vita? I'd consider finding a cheap PSP somewhere to play them, but I'm not shelling out for a newer system. And I'm certainly not googling or looking this up on Wikipedia for fear of spoilers :ohdear:

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 2, 2014

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Would gluing the door together even work? I don't doubt that this might actually be happening in the game, it just seems very unlikely that a door would stick together like that.

I'm also kind of confused by how the wallpaper got removed. Setting up a 5 metres high wall, and getting rid of it is not that easy. That sort of thing takes time. Especially when you're on your own. There has to be a trick to it, right?

kidcoelacanth posted:

My entirely flimsy reasoning for Mikan not being the killer this time is that if she gets executed, we're down to 3 girls and 6 boys, and that's hella uneven!

edit: Also, while I'm here, were the announced DR/DR2 English ports for the PSP or Vita? I'd consider finding a cheap PSP somewhere to play them, but I'm not shelling out for a newer system.

What if it's 3 girls, 5 boys, and a brain in a jar named Nidai?

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

kidcoelacanth posted:

edit: Also, while I'm here, were the announced DR/DR2 English ports for the PSP or Vita? I'd consider finding a cheap PSP somewhere to play them, but I'm not shelling out for a newer system. And I'm certainly not googling or looking this up on Wikipedia for fear of spoilers :ohdear:

They're on the Vita, unfortunately for you.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

RefinedUndefined posted:

They're on the Vita, unfortunately for you.

Well boo and heck :mad:

LukanFox
Jul 23, 2013
A few thoughts here:

Maybe the glue was holding the drumstick in place above the door and was pre-planned to melt at a particular time, so that the drumstick would fall into place between Hinata leaving the crime scene and returning with the others. A bit far-fetched, especially given the timing, sure, but given that glue melts in heat, it seems like a more sensible theory than the broken drumstick being a red herring.

The color of the carpet/curtain in the 'suicide' video is really difficult to tell since we can only see by candlelight. If it was used to fake a crime scene, well, that seems like a bad idea since the other crime scene would be found as part of the investigation and the trick would be figured out before the trial even begins.
I'm wondering what the other side of the curtain looks like, since my theory is that it was used for another purpose (where did the major amounts of blood that should result from a slashed neck go?), then hastily hung up in the hope that no-one would bother checking its backside. To further support this theory, Saionji was definitely killed in the music club as evidenced by the blood on the floor (if she was killed elsewhere, there would be a blood trail). The blood on the stepladder and Ibuki's slippers are circumstantial, but further support this theory.

Komaeda's comments about the rope pretty much cement to me that Ibuki's cause of death is NOT from being hung by the rope, and that the whole point of the 'suicide' scene is to disguise the actual cause of death.

Well, those are my two cents for now.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

kidcoelacanth posted:

Well boo and heck :mad:

I'm in the same boat. GameStop has used vitas that I might get in on eventually. (If they made a Monobear vita, I'd sell organs. :stare:)

Of course, DR was also released on iOS, I don't see why they wouldn't release it over here for iOS.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

LukanFox posted:

Komaeda's comments about the rope pretty much cement to me that Ibuki's cause of death is NOT from being hung by the rope, and that the whole point of the 'suicide' scene is to disguise the actual cause of death.

Another parallel with Case 3 of the first game - the blond-haired guy clearly knows the answer to the mystery, but isn't telling anyone because he's an rear end in a top hat. :v:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Another parallel with Case 3 of the first game - the blond-haired guy clearly knows the answer to the mystery, but isn't telling anyone because he's an rear end in a top hat. :v:

That's more of a general parallel than a Case 3 one.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009

Valkama posted:

I'm a bit confused on why it's impossible for Nanami to be the killer

It only appears that Gundam is here at first while Nanami just sort of pops in later.

Because she would STILL have had to have torn down the fake pillar, turned up the heat, broken the drumstick, wedged the goo in the door frame, and then beaten Hinata who had a running head start and she's not very athletic, to the motel in order for nobody to notice that she just appeared out of nowhere. Also, if she was the killer, she wouldn't have put the glue in her mouth and rendered the drumstick an obvious lie with her evidence bullet.

Sonia and Souda only showed up after the body announcements, and Mikan and Kuzuryuu arrived looking for Ibuki, after Hinata's able to talk to Gundam and Nanami and Monomi---Wait. Both Mikan and Kuzuryuu were looking for Ibuki. While they each arrived from different directions, which Nanami noticed as they came to the hotel, this further complicates things. Mikan's window of time to set all this poo poo up--assuming she did it-- becomes even smaller with this little tidbit, and Souda, or Souda and Sonia working together would have had to deal with a couple of witnesses lurking around.

So Saionji died first and the suicide video came from somewhere else...

I'm of the opinion now that this was all an attempt on Ibuki's life that went horribly wrong. Saionji's motel key means she willingly left her room, and the only way she would do that--given how loud she's been about the quarantine and her trust issues-- was that she was planning to commit murder. Ibuki's the target. The music club was the site for this but someone, the current killer, intervened and Saionji dies as a result.... as witnessed by Ibuki. I think Ibuki had to have seen this because why would she have died at all, otherwise? The real killer goes through with Ibuki's murder--they don't have a choice if they want to stay alive-- and sets up a fake video in an attempt to make it seem like Ibuki died first, and then they revealed Saionji's body afterward.

The fake video is entirely a ploy by the Real Killer, and not Saionji. Saionji just needs to make sure she's not being filmed in the music club to make it seem like, "Whoops, Ibuki done committed suicide." She can't have possibly hauled two large stage curtains from the store to the club; she just needs a rope, and no witnesses. The curtains, the camera shenanigans, and the fake pillar are all on behalf of the Real Killer who has been trying to throw any investigation/trial off the trail.

So who did it?

Mikan's got more of a motive than anybody and was under the effects of the despair fever briefly. That state alone could be used to explain why she would have a scapel or something and was wandering around. However, we've pretty much proven that she was stuck in the hospital for the first two days, and even with an entire night to cook all this up, could she really have elaborately staged this all?

I'm starting to think this was a two-person job. The other two remaining suspects, Souda and Sonia, were in the motel with Saionji; they could have seen her leave, interrupted the "Kill Ibuki" plan, killed Saionji, and then spent the rest of the night working together to stage the suicide video and the corpse hiding. It could still have been Mikan, but this whole plan seems more plausible as something two students did together opposed to one exhausted, feverish nurse running on desperation and fumes.

Knicknevin
Jul 2, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

Seriously, that would mean we basically lost 5 female members of the cast in a row. Incoming sausage fest.

This update... will require a few revisions on my part...

Since Ibuki presumably walked through Saionji's blood, that would essentially confirm that Saionji died first. BUT, since the blood was still fresh enough for Ibuki to pick up and trail around, Saionji still likely died that night, and not like 2 days prior or something. Still, since the killer was careful to avoid getting blood into the scene, it's fairly safe to assume that the purpose here was to reverse the perceived order of the murders. But... the purpose still eludes me. Seriously, after Ibuki was dead all the killer had to do was leave the murder weapon in Ibuki's pocket or lying underneath her, and everyone would instantly jump to all the wrong conclusions. Why the elaborate setup?

The theory that the stage in the video was faked... is still kind of sketchy for me. I'm not gonna argue against it, but the details are iffy right now. If we found the odd curtain in, say, the hospital rest area, that would be one thing. But why would it be in the club? If the video was recorded elsewhere and just made to look like the club, why is the new curtain in the club, and not the hospital? Of course, there might be one there as well, but really, that would be a bit TOO drat obvious.

On that note... where WAS the communications device being kept normally? It was never said, but in the couple of images we saw it didn't really look like the club in the background... I'd been assuming that it was in the motel office or something. Setting it up in the club seems rather inconvenient. If it was in the motel, then would Mikan, Kuzuryuu or any of the patients even know where to find it? Breaking into the motel to steal it seems risky since that defeats the purpose of the quarantine and would cause a big outcry if anyone caught on. Saionji might have stolen it, but would she really work with someone from inside the quarantine that she herself insisted upon? Hopefully Souda can shed some light on where the device was kept, since examining it didn't help any.

My speculation that the killer was still hiding inside the club when the others broke in was so overwhelmingly endorsed by Kuzuryuu that I'm forced to meta-game a bit and assume that it's wrong. That said, Kuzuryuu has been pretty... helpful in pointing out those clues, and he was also the one to gauge how easy the door would be to bust in. Kind of suspicious.

Mikan is on the record as saying that Ibuki was hanged to death. Honestly, without anyone else on the island with the knowledge to assess her cause of death, it's hard to think she's lying, because no one else can really provide evidence to the contrary. And given how likely Ibuki was to anything she was told, she may very well have been told to 'climb this ladder and put this loop around your neck'. Even if she wouldn't voluntarily commit suicide, all the killer has to do is kick out the ladder. This might be a dead end. Still, Komaeda pretty obviously got something out of that conversation. Though he might also intend to lead us astray.

Fake pillar was confirmed but it was never really in doubt.

The purpose of the heat in the club might well have been to harden that glue or whatever was in the door. Some kind of epoxy maybe. But as far as I know heat cured epoxies require temperatures a bit more... extreme than 30 degrees Celsius to harden, especially in such a short time. More like 200.

It would appear the camera and monitor were broken at different times. Well, we noticed that before. The significance of this is unclear since the camera was only broken after Hinata found Ibuki, but before the group broke down the door. Why would the killer still need the camera after Hinata saw the video? You'd think it would have been lying there broken from the start. They can't have broadcast anything with the monitor broken, could they? I'm assuming they are sort of a matched set. But, maybe not. Perhaps something else was recorded...?

Knicknevin fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 2, 2014

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The timing for this case seems really finicky. If all this happened the way you say it did, then it would be pretty much impossible to pull off for one person. I doubt that even Souda would be stupid enough to play the accomplice, though. Only one person gets off the island. The accomplice has to die.

TKMobile posted:

Mikan's got more of a motive than anybody and was under the effects of the despair fever briefly.

I don't recall there being any mention of Tsumiki having despair fever. Do you base this whole despair fever thing on this image?

I think that's just the standard despair expression.

edit: Here is her despairing in the previous chapter.

orenronen posted:

I won't let you get away this time!!

Knicknevin posted:

On that note... where WAS the communications device being kept normally?

They had to keep it in the club because the devices didn't have enough range. There are basically two sets: Set A, and set B. Monitor A and camera B were at the club, monitor B and camera A were at the hospital.

And More fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 2, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Knicknevin posted:

On that note... where WAS the communications device being kept normally? It was never said, but in the couple of images we saw it didn't really look like the club in the background... I'd been assuming that it was in the motel office or something. Setting it up in the club seems rather inconvenient. If it was in the motel, then would Mikan, Kuzuryuu or any of the patients even know where to find it? Breaking into the motel to steal it seems risky since that defeats the purpose of the quarantine and would cause a big outcry if anyone caught on. Saionji might have stolen it, but would she really work with someone from inside the quarantine that she herself insisted upon? Hopefully Souda can shed some light on where the device was kept, since examining it didn't help any.

Souda said they put it in the club because that was the only place they could get reception.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
One thing that's curious here is one of motive or motivating factor. We have lots of environmental clues about where and what might have happened, especially now with the cloth and the glue and the drumstick. But we still don't have any idea of why, really. Compare this to the previous cases where there was at least something that set the things in motion.

In case 1, Komaeda's crazy desire to create unity lead to Togami's death - even if Komaeda didn't do it himself.
In case 2, the tension caused by the game and Kuzuryuu's spoken desire for revenge did it.

Here we have despair fever - but what part of the despair fever would lead to a murder? I feel like Ibuki's straightforwardness is not quite enough. Aside from that we have Komaeda's lies, and Owari's crying - unless there is another person with despair fever who has not admitted to have such, that is.

And More posted:

I don't recall there being any mention of Tsumiki having despair fever. Do you base this whole despair fever thing on this image?

This update and This update seem like strange behaviors, as well as her coming into Hinata's room and doing the same thing later - feels like she's in a bit of 'crazy nurse mode'. Its possible its just her response to being in the hospital, but she seems to be less timid and more...fixated, for lack of a better word.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 2, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Vita.

Wasn't DR1 mostly girls by the end?

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
Naegi, Togami, and Hakagure, as well as Syo/Fukawa, Kirigiri and Aoi. Three guys, three girls, even spread.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So why do so many people think that having multiple bags on the island is impossible, but take for granted the fact that the communication devices can play back videos? He haven't seen a single thing on the island that can record or play-back videos.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!

TKMobile posted:

and then beaten Hinata who had a running head start and she's not very athletic, to the motel

But she wasn't there when Hinata showed up. She only showed up in the middle of his conversation with Gundam.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Who What Now posted:

So why do so many people think that having multiple bags on the island is impossible, but take for granted the fact that the communication devices can play back videos? He haven't seen a single thing on the island that can record or play-back videos.

Because it was specifically stated that the bag was one-of-a-kind, and because it was specifically stated that the communication devices were built from HOME security systems. Home security systems do not have people watching 24-7, and therefore recording capability is kinda required for them to be at all useful.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Because it was specifically stated that the bag was one-of-a-kind, and because it was specifically stated that the communication devices were built from HOME security systems. Home security systems do not have people watching 24-7, and therefore recording capability is kinda required for them to be at all useful.

So someone stole one communication device, took it somewhere else, built a false-stage, pretended to have Ibuki hanged, set up the music club in the same way including setting it up so it seemed like the filmed locatation (Ie the candle and such), then hung Ibuki, then timed it so Hinata would see the false recording, and finally smashed the device?

Yeah, that's by far the simpler answer. No way was that Ibuki being hanged. :rolleyes:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Because this series is well-known for having every single one of its murders and cases be extremely simple with no sort of misdirection or complicated plans whatsoever.

EDIT: vvv Wait, now I'm confused, what the gently caress is even being argued here

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Color Printer posted:

Because this series is well-known for having every single one of its murders and cases be extremely simple with no sort of misdirection or complicated plans whatsoever.

This guy gets it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Who What Now posted:

So someone stole one communication device, took it somewhere else, built a false-stage, pretended to have Ibuki hanged, set up the music club in the same way including setting it up so it seemed like the filmed locatation (Ie the candle and such), then hung Ibuki, then timed it so Hinata would see the false recording, and finally smashed the device?

Yeah, that's by far the simpler answer. No way was that Ibuki being hanged. :rolleyes:

People are arguing about live vs recorded because it seems very likely that the person Hinata saw on the video climbing the ladder was not actually Ibuki, and was therefore the killer, and this is the important part: the feed went dark before we saw the hanging.

How the feed went dark is important to know if it was one killer or two. A one-person live feed would have to have some really good timing with getting the candle to go out on cue. A two-person live feed could have the second killer blow out the candle. With a pre-recorded video, one person could have edited the recording to cut out the killer getting down and shutting off the camera.

In any case, the killer had to have either followed Hinata to the club or already have been inside to reveal Saionji and seal the door. The communication stuff was at least partially smashed when he first arrived and completely smashed after he returned.

If the filmed location was elsewhere, the smashed communication device (and the supermarket curtains) were a decoy (EDIT: by "decoy" I mean a NON-WORKING device made from the same components Souda found piles of at the electronics stores, but unmodified by him) meant to make it seem like they were was filmed in the same spot. There was definitely no way to both film the scene live elsewhere and return the comm gear to the club to smash it before Hinata got inside.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 3, 2014

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

If the filmed location was elsewhere, the smashed communication device (and the supermarket curtains) were a decoy meant to make it seem like they were was filmed in the same spot. There was definitely no way to both film the scene live elsewhere and return the comm gear to the club to smash it before Hinata got inside.

So they rigged up another unique piece of equipment for the sole purpose of smashing it? And that makes more sense than moving the gear twice? What?! :psyduck:

After it's recorded what does it matter where it is broadcast from? It's not like there's a limited amount of time to play it back.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Who What Now posted:

So they rigged up another unique piece of equipment for the sole purpose of smashing it?

Assuming that's what happened, it's not like the device had to work or even be properly assembled or anything. They could've just grabbed the same parts from the electronics store and smashed them to bits.

In which case I'd expect that Souda will soon comment on how the parts don't match up.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Who What Now posted:

So they rigged up another unique piece of equipment for the sole purpose of smashing it? And that makes more sense than moving the gear twice? What?! :psyduck:

Not a working one, see the post above.

quote:

After it's recorded what does it matter where it is broadcast from? It's not like there's a limited amount of time to play it back.

It doesn't matter where it's sent from. All we know is when the signal came in. Sometime after Hinata and Mikan arrived at the hospital.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 3, 2014

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

When Hinata first entered the building, only the smashed monitor was there. The actual camera parts appeared after the crime scene was altered. Someone could have easily taken just the camera somewhere else, and then after Hinata ran off to the motel, they could have put the camera back and destroy it. No decoys necessary.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Color Printer posted:

EDIT: vvv Wait, now I'm confused, what the gently caress is even being argued here
This guy gets it.
I really want you to explain this post. Were you actually being serious?

• Locked thread