Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Personally I always try to avoid using anything rank 30, but frankly there isn't much you can do when you got some nova with a soma steamrolling everything. You just can't kill what is already dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Killsion posted:

Personally I always try to avoid using anything rank 30, but frankly there isn't much you can do when you got some nova with a soma steamrolling everything. You just can't kill what is already dead.
I load up my Nova/Soma combo when everything must absolutely positively perish. Things like t3 survival and such. Other than that it's just silly to use top tier items

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Just run Orokin Derelict Assassination for Orokin cells. Lephantis is easy, and you get 4 chances per run.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Mine was a joke, the three "pubbies" were goons :ssh:

I wasn't actually directing it at you either. :ssh:

It was more a general statement.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

There is plenty of stuff that don't need Orokin Cells, grind for something else and wait for Cells to pop up as an invasion reward.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Insert name here posted:

Speed-run Ruk, and also keep your eye out for the 3xOrokin Cell rewards for invasions that are semi-common.

I check invasion rewards all the time and I've never seen one for orokin cells.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Ice Fist posted:

I check invasion rewards all the time and I've never seen one for orokin cells.

Are you on PS4? I see them a bunch on PC...

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Killsion posted:

Are you on PS4? I see them a bunch on PC...

:cripes:

I'm just bad then. Everytime I log on I check all the invasion/infestation rewards and I've never seen on for orokin cells in the past couple weeks I've been playing. I'm part of the U.S. home from work crew so maybe I just have bad RNG timing.

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy
Can I get an invite for the PS4 clan? My PSN is limeswhaling

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Ice Fist posted:

I'm just bad then. Everytime I log on I check all the invasion/infestation rewards and I've never seen on for orokin cells in the past couple weeks I've been playing. I'm part of the U.S. home from work crew so maybe I just have bad RNG timing.

They go faster than the other invasions but slower than potatoes. They put up about ten cells a week.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Ice Fist posted:

When you're home leave this open in a separate window so you'll be able to see what is going on at all times.
http://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html

Super useful.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Kaldaris posted:

Gotta say, there's a lot of players out there that--

*Spams AoE for the entire match and rushes through getting every kill.*

Pubbies! :argh:

Calm down. That's what happens when you blitz through with an AoE class on a marginally difficult mission.

Your ninja numbers are not that important.

If you ain't rushing you ain't trying

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Killsion posted:

When you're home leave this open in a separate window so you'll be able to see what is going on at all times.
http://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html

Super useful.
Is there one of these for the PS4? Their official Alert app for the PS4 is hilariously wrong. Its never been right. It'll say one thing but when you log on its nothing like what the app said.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013
If you really need a lot of cells, wait till there's an infestation on Saturn or Ceres and then do a mobile defense mission. Have everyone just sit near the console and bring a Nekros specced for Desecrate spam. Try to do it with clannies as, 80% of the time, pubbies will not sit on the console.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I always had pretty good luck farming orokin cells from Mimas on Saturn. But that was back when it was infested.

I also got a ton from Lech Kril on Ceres when I was farming Frost parts too.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Are the gorgon and glaive any good? I have both these blueprints from login rewards but they want a whole lot of morphics.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bunleigh posted:

Are the gorgon and glaive any good? I have both these blueprints from login rewards but they want a whole lot of morphics.

No on the gorgon (soma is flat out better in every respect), yes on the glaive once you mod it up with the glaive specific mods from tower runs/generous goons. Unless you want knockback, glaive is one of the two melee weapons actually worth using. It loses to the galatine on pure damage, but is far more useful due to its range, faster charge speed, and penetration.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 3, 2014

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Bunleigh posted:

The rule of thumb is to get everything and try it out. But yes, both are pretty good. Check the wiki for optimum gorgon setup. Glaive is a DE darling weapon and is a whole lot of fun to use

chumbler posted:

No on the gorgon (soma is flat out better in every respect), yes on the glaive once you mod it up with the glaive specific mods from tower runs/generous goons. Unless you want knockback, glaive is one of the two melee weapons actually worth using. It loses to the galatine on pure damage, but is far more useful due to its range, faster charge speed, and penetration.
If he's concerned with morphics management, then he's nowhere near the soma. Gorgon is a good transition to it

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Yeah I just got both of those 2, I have a gorgon in the oven, but I'm only mastery level 4 so it's good for that? Once i get to 6 I want to get the lightning gun but that'll take a while. I'm really liking rhino and I have an ember that should be ready tomorrow. This game really opens up when you get a few planets open and figure out how the invasions and alerts work.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Nitrox posted:

The rule of thumb is to get everything and try it out. But yes, both are pretty good. Check the wiki for optimum gorgon setup. Glaive is a DE darling weapon and is a whole lot of fun to use

If he's concerned with morphics management, then he's nowhere near the soma. Gorgon is a good transition to it
I'm rank 4 now. I'm sure I'll make any free blueprints I get eventually, just trying to prioritize for now and keep acquiring weapons and minimizing the time I spend with mastered weapons equipped. For primaries right now I have the boltor and braton mastered, getting close to 30 with the karak and I'm in the progress of building an ignis.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

If you ain't rushing you ain't trying

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Snitches get stitches.

Bo knows baseball.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I'm trying to build the Torrid and I need 2 mutagen masses. I need to use my Tower keys to go to the Derelict right? That's where I get the samples?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Daric posted:

I'm trying to build the Torrid and I need 2 mutagen masses. I need to use my Tower keys to go to the Derelict right? That's where I get the samples?
There are invasion missions where you get up to 3 at a time as a reward. Building them in foundry is rather expensive

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Nitrox posted:

There are invasion missions where you get up to 3 at a time as a reward. Building them in foundry is rather expensive

This. Today has been really dead for invasions, but there is usually multiple 3 mutagen masses invasions up at a time.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just a warning, don't expect the torid to actually be fun or pretty much anything other than a migraine.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Just a warning, don't expect the torid to actually be fun or pretty much anything other than a migraine.

My friend has managed to get hilarious amounts of use out of his Torid :confused:

Also the screenshot I posted where the guy got 11 kills and I had nearly 1100 was because he was actually a Loki who made all the clumps of Corrupted Heavy Gunners just try to hit us with sticks instead of shooting us. My hilariously inflated kill number was because Mag's Shield Polarize absolutely wrecks the Orokin Drones :v:

(Kill numbers can be very misleading is what I'm saying)

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Shugojin posted:

My friend has managed to get hilarious amounts of use out of his Torid :confused:

Also the screenshot I posted where the guy got 11 kills and I had nearly 1100 was because he was actually a Loki who made all the clumps of Corrupted Heavy Gunners just try to hit us with sticks instead of shooting us. My hilariously inflated kill number was because Mag's Shield Polarize absolutely wrecks the Orokin Drones :v:

(Kill numbers can be very misleading is what I'm saying)
He didn't say anything about kill count, just that it would not be fun

Edit: Torid inflicts systematic damage, so your target(s) have to be within range for a period of time in order to get the full effect. Toss those rockets under a vortex and watch the numbers skyrocket. But good luck trying to damagea moving target.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 3, 2014

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Huh, so is there anything fun to use at mastery 4? I tried to use the Gorgon but I couldn't stand it. It takes too long to start up and then it's really hard to aim.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Daric posted:

Huh, so is there anything fun to use at mastery 4? I tried to use the Gorgon but I couldn't stand it. It takes too long to start up and then it's really hard to aim.

The Ignis is the main answer here. Starts up right away and barely needs to be aimed at all.

Takes a while to build if you haven't been acquiring Detonite Injectors in anticipation of making it, though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Daric posted:

I like the Dera and I'm pretty sure you can get that at 4.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Daric posted:

I'm no expert but I've really been enjoying my Grakata since I got it at 2 or whenever. Love the fire rate and status chance :fap:

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I like the Dera and I'm pretty sure you can get that at 4.

Confirming that the Dera is a pretty swell rifle.

Please turn of bloom and colour correction when you use it. :(

Thranguy posted:

The Ignis is the main answer here. Starts up right away and barely needs to be aimed at all.

Takes a while to build if you haven't been acquiring Detonite Injectors in anticipation of making it, though.

Ignis also requires a Forma. These both do. Which can be a bit of a pain for new players to get.

Kaldaris fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 3, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I can't even use up my forma because I'm constantly leveling janky weapons.

vv: 20 forma, 11 forma blueprints right now.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 3, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hell, I still have like 16 prints left from when I was farming the Reaper Prime. Once you get into the part where you're running towers it quickly becomes "Ugh, a Forma Print?".

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

There was a cool council post today that talks about some of their goals to add more of an end-game to Warframe.

quote:

"Focus"
When a piece of gear hits rank cap you start earning points to unlock player abilities that they can activate as a form of 'avatar state' / 'demon mode'.
• Focus is classified - currently we have Warrior, Guardian, Tactician, Ward, Elemental and Channeling. You install a 'Warrior Lens' on your maxed Rhino to start earning Warrior Focus. Maybe you put a Warrior Lens on your other maxed gear to really 'focus'.
• All XP on a Focused item that goes above Rank 30 goes toward earning a Focus Point.
• You spent your Warrior points to unlock things from a tree-like set of skills. Example is, you buy 'Taunt' for 3 points which makes all enemies focus on you.
• Every Mastery Rank gives you a slot. Mastery Rank 4? You can install 4 Focus Powers.
• All of these Focus Powers add up to the cool-down cost. Later on I can spend Focus to reduce it, but out of the gate my Focus can only be activated every hour.

"Proxy War"
Factions and secret organization emerge. Working for them earns ranking within their organization and unique benefits.
• Expanding on the Gradivus Dilemma, we track player choices. XP earned on behalf of a specific faction is accumulated into a Mastery Rank-style progression for each group.
• Working for one side may impact the attitude of another... that said we don't want you to dig too big a hole so we may soften this affect.
• Secret Organizations exist that Tenno can embrace or reject - performing missions, special alerts, small quests allow you to rise through their ranks. The Red Veil assassins, the Oracles of Saturn... Proxy War grows the lore as well.
• Sacrifices must be made - similar to how Mastery Rank is increased through tests, rising through Orders requires sacrifices to be made. The Veil may want a Bane mod, the Oracles may want Orokin technology. Earning favor will not be easy.
• When your sacrifice is met and your standing increased you'll be granted exclusive benefits... the Grineer may share Grenade designs, the Oracles have Mod designs unheard of.
• If you're in a Clan, the Clan becomes the sum of its parts. An organized Clan may concentrate their players to earn favors from some factions and organizations.

"Badlands"
Clans and Alliances own parts of the Solar System. They construct a Solar Rail then deploy to an open (or contested) area allowing everyone to play... but they set taxes on missions run there. Monopolies rise and fall. Territorial battles break out for honor... and profit.
• New locations are discovered in the Solar Map, with rarer resources, harder bosses, better loot... but they are unreachable .
• A Clan (or Alliance) can collaborate on building Tower to connect it to the Solar Rail network. When it is build and deployed all Tenno can now run missions there. In essence, they've built a solar toll-highway.
• All missions run there have taxes applied to them - resources and credits - this rate is set by the Clan who build the Tower.
• Competing clans can build their own tower (maybe in secret) to challenge the area. When this happens, the area is locked into Tower Sabotage mode (against Orokin defenders, not PvP) - the Clans (and all players they convince to help) chose a side and try to destroy the opposing Tower (like a player-driven Invasion).
• If a clan has built up Favor with a faction they can call them in - making their Tower more difficult to destroy as Grineer Elites are brought in to help.
• Political intrigue grows, towers are built in secret, counter-attacks sprung, and rousing pleas for support play out over days of bloody conflict.

All three items sound really cool, maybe it'll bring in a bunch of new goons so we can go on a solar tower building spree and cockblock others.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Started using the Hek today. Exploding most mobs in 1-2 shots. :stare: Reloading sucks. I'd been avoiding shotguns on account of the starter being 75k to buy.

Then the shotgun piercing mod dropped during a defense mission. Now it's the Doom shotgun and gibs 2-3 enemies at once. :unsmigghh:

Oooo... Prestige progression type things with actual benefits? I'm a sucker for those. :dance: Wonder if it could be one of those things that's stackable to stupid heights. Might help mitigate all those scrubs with MK1 Bratons running around. :argh:

limited fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 4, 2014

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Tagichatn posted:

There was a cool council post today that talks about some of their goals to add more of an end-game to Warframe.

All three items sound really cool, maybe it'll bring in a bunch of new goons so we can go on a solar tower building spree and cockblock others.

The Proxy War sounds great in theory, but in the current state of affairs that's left the Corpus completely buggered because people want to see the Harvester, they'd better take a fair bit of care implementing this one.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
If it's ever implemented the PvE-based PVP is going to cause a hilarious amount of tears and complaining.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Denzine posted:

If it's ever implemented the PvE-based PVP is going to cause a hilarious amount of tears and complaining.
Yes and it sounds fantastic. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

limited posted:

Then the shotgun piercing mod dropped during a defense mission. Now it's the Doom shotgun and gibs 2-3 enemies at once. :unsmigghh:

You bastard. I chased that mod for like a week, then gave up. I so wanted it for my Strun Wraith!