Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
you irl
Jan 22, 2014

ZombieReagan posted:

so i wonder if there's a chance of catching a fish from the toilets in sochi if they have to put signs up telling you not to try?

Nah there's no chance, the toilet fish rarely take artificial lures, that's why the sign says don't bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Acquire Currency! posted:

... what original stalker movie? You better not be trolling bro

Stalker. It's based on the novel Roadside Picnic. Both inspired the game. Read the story, then watch the movie. Or the other way around. They both own.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Dog olympics best olympics

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 6, 2014

walking
Nov 27, 2013
awwwww

too bad they're gonna be shot

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
cool dog shame about the olympics

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
free sochi dogs

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
is triathlon, we give gun, you run from dog, wolf and hind.

finisher get gold tarp.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

E.Nigma posted:

is triathlon, we give gun, you run from dog, wolf and hind.

finally a event to get me to seriously watch the olympics besides beach volleyball.

It's such a brilliant piece of comedy since one of the selling point behind hosting the olympics is be able to show a shiny, unrealistic version of the country and therefore
help build prestige on the world stage.

etalian fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 6, 2014

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Got bored made this if anyone wants it needs to be resized though.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sonovabitch now I'm going to be hunting down an English sub of that.

Serious post: I've always wanted to read the novel it gets suggested a few times in the stalker thread and stalker is extremely my poo poo.

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax

t3h z0r posted:

If there's a real emergency in these buildings everyone is hosed.

All the doors lock and unlock at random.
Can't find the fire hose because it's hidden in someone's bathroom.
Bust through a door only to fall through 5 floors of tarp.
The fire exit is just painted on the wall.
Only hope is a tiny window, but its 10 feet off the ground.

Even if by some chance you get to the fire hose, you'll find it's running off municipal pressure (60psi or less) and will not operate as intended.

These are straight up garden hose fixtures, and the reason they're in the bathroom is because they're tapping off the municipal supply. In a "real" building, these would be fed off a separate stand pipe with a pump to keep the pressure at like 100+ psi. The hose is like 2x the diameter of the supply pipe, by the time anything trickles out of the nozzle, you're dead.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ReptileChillock posted:

Even if by some chance you get to the fire hose, you'll find it's running off municipal pressure (60psi or less) and will not operate as intended.

These are straight up garden hose fixtures, and the reason they're in the bathroom is because they're tapping off the municipal supply. In a "real" building, these would be fed off a separate stand pipe with a pump to keep the pressure at like 100+ psi. The hose is like 2x the diameter of the supply pipe, by the time anything trickles out of the nozzle, you're dead.

At least you can enjoy firehose battles with a friend while having some communal dumping.

walking
Nov 27, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

Sonovabitch now I'm going to be hunting down an English sub of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYEfJhkPK7o

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

ReptileChillock posted:

Russian fixtures not weak. Are strong.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

"Once I land in Sochi, everything becomes a mystery."
- Johnny Balfour

Some pretty great photos here, but my favorite is this:

:effort:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goddamit I love this thread and everyone who is in it.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

It's a sign of how bad things are there that I initially thought this was a picture of a bathroom somehow inside a coke machine.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Blitter posted:

- Johnny Balfour

Did they forecast some snow or something tomorrow?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Blitter posted:

- Johnny Balfour

A bit late to spray miracle grow everywhere, guys

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
В КНДР ежегодные военные учения США и Южной Кореи назвали репетицией ядерной войны и потребовали их отмены. Вместе с тем, несмотря на возрастающее напряжение в отношениях, Северная и Южная Кореи договорились о датах проведения встреч семей, разделенных Корейской войной 1950-1953 годов.

Дело в том, что есть такая вещь, как традиционная северокорейская риторика. И каждый раз на фоне этих учений делаются подобные заявления, учитывая то, что на этих маневрах отрабатываются не столько защитные действия, сколько захват Пхеньяна, других стратегически важных объектов на севере и так далее. Поэтому разговоры о том, что проводятся оборонительные маневры — это разговоры в пользу бедных. Факт известный.

"Что я могу сказать по мирному договору — обе Кореи хотят его подписать. А вот США не хотят, потому что надо признавать в таком случае существование КНДР, и плюс к этому решать целый ряд вопросов юридического и другого характера. Надо объяснять, например, что там такое произошло, почему войска ООН были на границе с Китаем, на каком основании. Пограничный вопрос — пограничная линия проходит частично в пределах территориальных вод Северной Кореи, что по нормам международного морского права вообще это нонсенс, чтобы граница одной страны проходила в территориальных водах другой страны, ну и целый ряд других вопросов".

Тем временем, ведущий научный сотрудник центра северокорейских исследований ИДВ РАН Евгений Ким (Ким Ен Ун) считает, что подписанию договора может препятствовать позиция США.

на Юге есть министерство объединения, которое отличается от министерства иностранных дел, и которое курирует именно отношения с Севером. Статистика торговых обменов между Севером и Югом тоже не считается частью внешнеэкономических связей и проходит по отдельной

Отмечается, что большая часть людей оказалась не готова к такой аномалии, вплоть до того, что у многих даже не оказалось зимней одежды. Кроме того, иранцы мерзнут даже дома, поскольку централизованное отопление в стране вообще отсутствует. Отмечается, что в некоторых провинциях возникли проблемы с подачей электроэнергии и газа.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Sorry, I got this strange email. I had to click on it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
stray Sochi dogs seem pretty chill both literally and because they're probably drunk as gently caress

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Too russian; didn't read

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

See I'm not sure why Russia isn't billing the dogs as a feature

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Them poor dogs D;

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's easier being a stray wild dog in Russia than a human.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's easier being a stray wild dog in Russia than a human.

At least you die quickly and with some dignity left?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Haruharuharuko posted:

Got bored made this if anyone wants it needs to be resized though.

If you can't puke in the toilet, where are you supposed to puke after drinking the yellow poison water?

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
russia: casual misery

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
This is the first Olympics I want to watch on TV, just to see how often wild dogs wander into shot.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Those dogs aren't strays they're just pets waiting to be given to the athletes, everyone gets a dog. Happy times! Not everyone can win a medal but you can all go home with a puppy. No losers at Sochi.

Except the gays, anyone who drinks the water, has a light fixture fall on them, or is injured at the events.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
God this is the first Winter Olympics in years that I am pumped as poo poo for

I don't even care about the sports I want to see how badly this turns out (within reason, I'd rather it be funny than tragic)

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Is there a news story anywhere about the stray dogs in Sochi?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The wild dogs are a beautiful tribute to the heritage of the ancient Games

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cucktales Blogger posted:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/05/world/europe/russia-sochi-stray-dogs/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Thanks

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Wait that's a very sad thing :(

RIP dogs

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Those aren't wild dogs; they are in Sochi for the Laika protest.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Cucktales Blogger posted:

Here's the story: there are a gently caress load of stray dogs in Russia and they own and they are much better than Russian humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Zorak posted:

See I'm not sure why Russia isn't billing the dogs as a feature

Seriously, just be like "Hey, we heard you guys like dogs so we shipped in a whole rear end-load of dogs, special order. Enjoy!"

• Locked thread