Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Someone go find me that "things that fit perfectly into other things" blog, I gots myself an entry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GymnastyThom
Nov 26, 2005
Do you smell something? You know what that reminds me of? That smells like.. vampire shit.

Captain Trips posted:

You guys know the Car2Go thing, right?

There was a Smart Fortwo there last night. A couple of guys covered it in snow around 2am this morning. The city plows keep pushing snow onto it, because they don't know there's a car underneath. Some poor soul got assigned that car by Car2Go, he gets there and it's just a big pile that someone put a smiley face on.

I'm just waiting for a plow to come by and try to clear the pile, only to find out it's not all snow.

As a smart fortwo driver, I find this hilarious.

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Someone go find me that "things that fit perfectly into other things" blog, I gots myself an entry.

Things Fitting Perfectly Into Other Things

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't understand the argument this is trying to make. We've figured out heliocentrism and the earth's rotation, it is no longer an impenetrable mystery.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Feb 7, 2014

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Phlegmish posted:

I don't understand the argument this is trying to make. We've figured out heliocentrism and the earth's rotation, it is no longer an impenetrable mystery.

You have to be pretty dumb to not get that she's doing a "because beauty, then God" argument.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Phlegmish posted:

The tides come in, the tides go out. You can't explain that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

You have to be pretty dumb to not get that she's doing a "because beauty, then God" argument.

Usually when people 'do that argument', there's supposed to be a sense of mystery and wonder involved.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The mullet says Sam's Club, but the red carts say Costco. I'm torn.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Captain Trips posted:

The mullet says Sam's Club, but the red carts say Costco. I'm torn.

That could easily be the Costco near me (I live in a a rural area.)

We only have a Costco for the whole state. No Sam's Club, no BJs...one state; one Costco.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Phlegmish posted:

Usually when people 'do that argument', there's supposed to be a sense of mystery and wonder involved.

There's a particularly sort of ugly going on there that's rarely seen outside the Commonwealth. Gonna gamble and go with some Australian version of Costco on this one.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

That could easily be the Costco near me (I live in a a rural area.)

We only have a Costco for the whole state. No Sam's Club, no BJs...one state; one Costco.

Where do you live, Montana?

Ohio has five Costcos, two dozen Sam's Clubs, and half a dozen BJs.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He lives in Vermont.

Why the gently caress do I remember that

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

He lives in Vermont.

Why the gently caress do I remember that

Why, indeed...:iiam:

But yes, my little state has just one of any of the "club" stores, a Costco.

Thankfully, it's just over three miles from where I live, and even closer to where I work.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein posted:

Why, indeed...:iiam:

But yes, my little state has just one of any of the "club" stores, a Costco.

Thankfully, it's just over three miles from where I live, and even closer to where I work.

You work at the Costco don't you.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Welcome to Costco. I love you.

Welcome to Costco.

I love you.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Captain Trips posted:

This one is my favorite, and we need an entire thread of soldiers doing funny things before the internet was invented. For some reason, being black and white with WWII gear makes that even funnier. Knowing that I might stumble upon a picture of my grandpa using a captured Panzerschreck to simulate his penis... That's comedy.

My grandpa was a tank driver and amateur photographer during WWII. A few years ago we finally went through his photo collection.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Man...that is an old school picture of a bunch of goddamn badasses. Wow. Man, go over to the badass pictures thread and post any of those like that.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

AKZ posted:

Man...that is an old school picture of a bunch of goddamn badasses. Wow. Man, go over to the badass pictures thread and post any of those like that.

Top hat.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

That's the point. Man wears a top hat in a tank is no man to gently caress with.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Ofaloaf posted:

My grandpa was a tank driver and amateur photographer during WWII. A few years ago we finally went through his photo collection.

So did you ever find PopPop's hidden stash of Nazi gold?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Ofaloaf posted:

I like to think he wanted to wear the top hat into battle but didn't want to forgo wearing his helmet, so he just strapped the drat thing on top of it. Would probably have baffled the gently caress out of the Germans for a minute a well.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

AKA Pseudonym posted:

There's a particularly sort of ugly going on there that's rarely seen outside the Commonwealth. Gonna gamble and go with some Australian version of Costco on this one.

You sure it ain't BJ's Wholesale?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Stevie Lee posted:

You sure it ain't BJ's Wholesale?

The font on the item signs looks like Costco.

Larry Horseplay
Oct 24, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

Christ, Darryl Sutter's really let himself go after moving to LA.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005
Olympic protest count reaches 1 with Russian Snowboarder sporting a Pussy Riot Snowboard:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

AKZ posted:

Seriously, please post all of those photos somewhere.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Russian half-flush toilet from Sochi:

Also, not all ceilings are tarpaulin!

EDIT - Noooo! First image is not from Sochi. I feel betrayed.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Feb 7, 2014

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Gorilla Salad posted:

Russian half-flush toilet from Sochi:

This one's a hoax. There's quite a few shonky construction photos that just get dumped under #BadSochi.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Purgatory Glory posted:

Olympic protest count reaches 1 with Russian Snowboarder sporting a Pussy Riot Snowboard:

He's a very brave man. I suspect bad things are going to come his way after the Olympics.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
#Badsochi

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

m'shady

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

I was thinking something along the lines of enlightened, but m'shady works.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

WebDog posted:

This one's a hoax. There's quite a few shonky construction photos that just get dumped under #BadSochi.

Sochi construction is super corrupt, but they have more whole toilets than half toilets.

loud dildo
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

LingcodKilla posted:

He's a very brave man. I suspect bad things are going to come his way after the Olympics.

He's a handsome olympian the ladies will drown him in a pussy riot.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Silentman0 posted:

Sochi construction is super corrupt, but they have more whole toilets than half toilets.

The whole thing is a glorious mess and I like everything about it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

Welcome to Costco. I love you.

Is this real or from tv/film?

• Locked thread