Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

SpitztheGreat posted:

I can't believe this hasn't been addressed more completely. If you want to see some truly lazy, and yet popular, filler, then look no further than Yelling Bird.
It's kind of the point for filler to be lazy though. It's worse when there's effort put into it because then why not make an actual comic?

Unless the complaint is "Don't do filler" which is perfectly reasonable.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Clochette posted:

I hate QC but love Yelling Bird, do I have bad taste? :ohdear:

Seoinin posted:

u motherfuckre

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Why did he draw the personification of hate with the happiest smile? Seems like a cool dude.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Not the saviour! :ohdear:

SpitztheGreat posted:

I can't believe this hasn't been addressed more completely. If you want to see some truly lazy, and yet popular, filler, then look no further than Yelling Bird.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

Check out the dingus attributing Christian beliefs to ancient Jews.

but enough about evangelical christians

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Anybody remember Tragically Delicious? I cannot find a single image of it, but the art was pretty bad. Its most distinguishing feature was that Dan Cadera, the guy who drew it, almost never drew people's hands. I mean, pretty much never drew a hand, and when he did, they were blobbish rectangular mitts. Otherwise, it was a bland, vaguely anime-ish, "my friends and I sure are WACKY!!1!" comic.

The best was that someone wrote a letter or blog post or something about how bad the comic was, so Cadera hunted down a picture of the guy and put it in his next comic, in a lame attempt at revenge. Only the guy looked completely normal and unremarkable, so the only people who thought it was a slick burn, were the readers of the comic. Even better was that the guy who wrote the critic is a goon, so everyone on the Tragically Delicious message board was gearing up for a forums war. Cadera ended up pulling the comic, changing it to be about something else (a squirrel, I think), and apologizing to the guy in the space of a day.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Clochette posted:

I hate QC but love Yelling Bird, do I have bad taste? :ohdear:

Everyone's allowed a guilty pleasure or two.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Seoinin posted:

there should be a counterpart to that ZP where a bunch of people whining about internet criticism turn into a glutinous smarm monster that smothers the world

A big giant baby that drowns the world in its tears

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i appreciate that this thread is too jaded to be shocked by the jewish furry nazi reich comics

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

crowfeathers posted:

i appreciate that this thread is too jaded to be shocked by the jewish furry nazi reich comics

I never read any comic posted here. It helps a lot.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

crowfeathers posted:

Hey, the horse clearly states that the Reich isn't persecuting the Jews. I don't know what your problem is. :v:

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

SpitztheGreat posted:

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1140

This is actually one of the tamer ones.

Of course he uses a Cintiq to make his lovely cut and paste comic :cripes:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Neurolimal posted:

i guess theres also the pedo furry comics but i dont think anyone wants to see more of them let alone make funy joak about them

For what its worth, I don't think the artist of Modest Medusa realizes how creepy the implications of his comic are. I think he just wanted to write a cute monster into his vanity comic, and yes, he really was that naive to think people would assume it was innocent thing. It does take a special mind to gently caress things up that badly, because like Herbert, the DM who runs Goblins, it's a lot of creepy details that add up to a horrifying mindfuck. I don't find it funny, but joking about it does help.

I do have a (finished) effortpost for wrapping Modest Medusa, but the stream we recorded for it last night didn't upload right, so I'm waiting on that. The two hours I wasted writing said effortpost was more an effort in boring myself unconscious, because I still haven't loving slept since yesterday morning. :saddowns:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
donna barr, as crazy as her more recent comics are, is not an actual nazi

she's basically obsessed with ww2, horses, and extremely good-looking men, and she lacks anything resembling an editor these days so she's gone kind of completely off the rails when it comes to her stories, but she's not an actual nazi

it's a shame because some of her older work is really, really good

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I can't read "Rayne" as anything other than "Ranye." Which fits so much better.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Heresiarch posted:

donna barr, as crazy as her more recent comics are, is not an actual nazi

she's basically obsessed with ww2, horses, and extremely good-looking men, and she lacks anything resembling an editor these days so she's gone kind of completely off the rails when it comes to her stories, but she's not an actual nazi

it's a shame because some of her older work is really, really good

part of the craziness is that she hasn't got a publisher anymore, so she self-publishes on the web. and this allows her to make comics about the gay nazi utopian afterlife, among other things, because nobody can tell her not to.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

crowfeathers posted:

What if Hitler wasn't really a bad guy, I mean, not really? Think about it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I can't even begin to form a cogent response to this that isn't just the words "No" and "Wrong" repeated over and over again.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That comic looks bonkers and I want to read every bit of it.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

crowfeathers posted:

part of the craziness is that she hasn't got a publisher anymore, so she self-publishes on the web. and this allows her to make comics about the gay nazi utopian afterlife, among other things, because nobody can tell her not to.

yeah, that's what i said, no editor means she's just going to all sorts of hosed up places

it's weird because she's a lefty feminist type but you'd hardly know it because everything she does is completely incomprehensible now

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Doesn't Jeph Jacques know that it is Webcomics Law to only draw faces in 3/4 profile?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

This is like TimeCube or Francis E. Dec in the perfection of its craziness.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

why does an android/robot/cyborg hang out with these shallow and boring people instead of doing literally anything interesting with her life

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Nanomashoes posted:

why does an android/robot/cyborg hang out with these shallow and boring people instead of doing literally anything interesting with her life

Obviously she's observing the genetic fusing of a giraffe's neck and that dude's torso. For science.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

pink-haired android person is literally owned by brown-haired nerdy girl from what I remember

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Portals posted:

pink-haired android person is literally owned by brown-haired nerdy girl from what I remember

how has she not snapped and murdered them all

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Nanomashoes posted:

how has she not snapped and murdered them all

Three laws, bro.

EDIT: VVV At this point I'm so numb to the horrible that the only thing I can think of to criticize in that is that she wouldn't be shiny if she was currently immersed in goo. It's only when you're out of the liquid that it causes highlights. VVV

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 7, 2014

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

No comment.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Bread Liar

ozma noo

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Phylodox posted:

Three laws, bro.

Space Station 13 has taught me that those things have a lot of leeway, but its good to know that the characters in qc are ok with slavery

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nanomashoes posted:

Space Station 13 has taught me that those things have a lot of leeway, but its good to know that the characters in qc are ok with slavery

I hate that I know this but there was actually a mini-arc where the pink-haired robot freaked out at curvy dream goonette when the goonette gave a direct order and actually brought up the hidden and ugly fact that she's a master and the robot is a slave, which was resolved by the power of FRIENDSHIP.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Moddington posted:

No comment.

Does she lack arms?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Nanomashoes posted:

Oh, she's a robot? I thought that was just how Jeph draws everything hair.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

Does she lack arms?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Moddington posted:

No comment.

the guy on the bottom right is the only thing in that entire comic that doesn't scream uncanny valley

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Oh god I had a nightmare like this comic once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

crowfeathers posted:

Maus?

• Locked thread