Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Whatever I play, if there is a choice, I go with manipulative, two faced bitch underneath a veneer of perfect innocence. So, to help steer our princess towards reflecting that, courtly manners and intrigue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Let's dress our four-legged friends in gorgeous dresses! Dogs and Decoration.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Since we have modifier bonuses, I'll go for Two classes worth of Voice for this week, but I'd prefer weekend activity choices that give bonuses to Weapons and Military.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

AM Class Points:

Falcons: 7.6

Dogs: 7.6

Internal Affairs: 7.5

Voice: 6.3

All other skills < 5.0

PM Class Points

Dogs: 13.5

Accounting: 8.5

Foreign Affairs: 6.8

Horses: 6.6

All other skills < 6.0

The exact votes can be found here.

Well, that was close. Internal Affairs was .1 point away from winning the AM vote. Since falcons and dogs are tied, I'm going to be using RNG to determine which one wins.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 8, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

For determining the tie, I assigned integers to dogs and falcons (1 and 2 respectively) and used Random.com. I'll do something like this for each tie in the future.

Ha! That should stop you curs! (pun totally intended)

It's certainly not empty, though. It seems like we get more servants every day.

Let's visit Dad. Maybe he knows where the crystal is.

Dad, what happened to Mom's Lumen crystal?

It's in a safe place.

Can I have it?

No.

But it's mine!

Meddling with magic killed your mother. I don't want that to happen to you. Once you're crowned Queen, I can't stop you from doing anything you want, but for now you are still a child.

Elodie's main emotion is now willful. Let's see how this will effect her skill gains.

Same deal as always. Vote for Elodie's classes.

Voting ends tomorrow at 5 PM.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Spy on everyone!

Internal Affairs AM
Foreign Intelligence PM

Also if you want I can link a chart that shows what moods effect what skills.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 8, 2014

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ferrosol posted:

Spy on everyone!

Internal Affairs AM
Foreign Affairs Intelligence PM
I'm down with this, mostly because I never understood the goony obsession with animals when there's (inter)national spy drama to be had.

E: I assume Ferrosol meant foreign intelligence(since that has a bonus, as opposed to Foreign Affair's penalty), so I corrected my vote.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 8, 2014

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Let's try this again shall we?

Thesaya posted:

Whatever I play, if there is a choice, I go with manipulative, two faced bitch underneath a veneer of perfect innocence. So, to help steer our princess towards reflecting that, courtly manners and intrigue.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

Ferrosol posted:

Spy on everyone!

Internal Affairs AM
Foreign Affairs PM

We have to learn how to manipulate people both outside our court and inside it

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Ferrosol posted:

Spy on everyone!

Internal Affairs AM
Foreign Intelligence PM

Seconded. Something is probably rotten in Nova.

YamiNoSenshi fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 8, 2014

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Accounting AM
Internal Affairs PM

Seeing as how you start with zero skills, I can only conclude that the boarding school Elodie was at prior to the game was a complete ripoff. Her father should have it burnt to the ground before she's horribly killed her coronation.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Abi gezunt dos leben ken men zikh ale mol nemen.
See that big -2.00 on History? That means we get a really vastly reduced amount of points from any of the sub skills. We only get 3 points per tic compared to the usual 5 points per tic. Since our skills mean our survival, we need to make good use of every class. Never take a class with such a huge penalty attached.

All Military All The Time

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
AM Voice
PM Courtly Manners

We want to make the announcement as smooth as possible for the other nobles when we announce we have given over the largest Duchy in the kingdom to Lord Woofy von Puppybreath. Who's a good Duke? Who's a good Duke? Is it you? Is it?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

The Mighty Biscuit posted:

See that big -2.00 on History? That means we get a really vastly reduced amount of points from any of the sub skills. We only get 3 points per tic compared to the usual 5 points per tic. Since our skills mean our survival, we need to make good use of every class. Never take a class with such a huge penalty attached.

All Military All The Time

We normally get 2 skillpoints per weekday (10 per week); if we have a -2 penalty we get exactly zero points from our studies.

Being a willful little girl all of a sudden, Elodie's in the perfect mood to start training her new canine advisor in the ways of statecraft. Double up on Internal Affairs; have the puppy learn about each noble house's favorite flower. In time, you will be able to teach him to urinate on those flowers at your command -- and then you will need only say a renegade duchess's name, and your puppy will sally forth across the kingdom to desecrate her holdings.

Rhiora
Oct 10, 2012

Ferrosol posted:

Spy on everyone!

Internal Affairs AM
Foreign Affairs PM

I'm totally on board with this, but I think going Foreign Intel. PM would serve us better since it doesn't take a hit.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
We got a puppy! :neckbeard: Now we just need to train this puppy to know who our enemies are. Internal Affairs x 2, especially since we have a bonus on it. Too bad that Willful also gives massive penalties to some skills.

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 8, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I'm going to presume all of those foreign affairs votes are actually for foreign intelligence since:

1) Foreign affairs would net us 0 points for the week.

2) Foreign affairs is about (recent) history, not intrigue.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

MiracleFlare posted:

We got a puppy! :neckbeard: Now we just need to train this puppy to know who our enemies are. Internal Affairs x 2, especially since we have a bonus on it. Too bad that Willful also give massive penalties to some skills.

All moods, except neutral, have penalties and bonuses associated with them. Neutral, as can be assumed, has no modifiers on it. We need to be equally middling at all the mood stats to get it though. Useful for nothing because of how hard it is to get neutral.

Some skills are a nightmare to get raised (Royal Demeanor) because they only have one mood that has a positive effect and everything else is either neutral or give penalties. Most of them give penalties. I hate Royal Demeanor.

Our current mood, Willful, is the worst mood for us at the moment. It doesn't benefit anything we need in the near future and even penalizes one of those things.

Later on, It will be the single most important mood we can obtain. But that's in the future.

Also, I guess I forgot the little fiddly details on how much each class gives us in my drunken haze and the fact that I'm mostly skimming the lp right now. :v:

Still, I get the gist right! Don't take classes you have penalties in. It's a complete waste of time. Time poor Elodie doesn't have.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
So I finally bought the game myself and blundered around until I managed to kill myself. This is hard.

TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009

Ferrosol posted:

Spy on everyone!

Internal Affairs AM
Foreign Intelligence PM

Sounds good to me, spying is always a good idea!

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Battlefield Medicine and Presence.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I actually got really lucky when I first played this game. I only died once before I managed to beat the game.

I think I may be some sort of anime princess savant.

Oh, right, vote.
Do Internal affairs twice!

moosecow333 fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 8, 2014

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

moosecow333 posted:

I think I may be some sort of anime princess savant.

Not sure if you should be proud of that or not.

I'm leaning towards not.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

I agree with spying - Internal Affairs AM and Foreign Intelligence PM.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Still voting on Faith x2, I'm a persistent little bastard. :colbert:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Too many civilized votes :argh:

Swords x2

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Internal Affairsx2.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Military x 2!

Eldataluta
May 31, 2012
Foreign Affairs for morning and Economics for afternoon.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Foreign Intelligence (can I say how much I hate that how similar this name is to Foreign Affairs?) in the afternoon. I suppose we should start working on Animal Handling some more so we can start increasing Dogs again, so let's go with Falconry in the morning.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Internal Affairs and Voice

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Polearms x2, because swords are for wimps and we need to learn how to kill people with our own two hands(and whatever's in them).

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

Ferrosol posted:

Spy on everyone!

Internal Affairs AM
Foreign Intelligence PM

I'm going to go with these as well. After all, we'll need to find out who is (possibly) plotting to otherthrow the throne before we can use our skills to set our attack dogs on them.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Internal Affairs and Foreign Intelligence

The Mighty Biscuit posted:

Not sure if you should be proud of that or not.

I'm leaning towards not.
Are you kidding? It's something you proudly display in your CV and on your business card in big bold letters!

Poil fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 8, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is now closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

No points this time. Why not? Well, look at these numbers for yourselves.

AM Class Vote

Internal Affairs: 13

Military: 2

Court Manners: 1

Accounting: 1

Voice: 1

Battlefield Medicine: 1

Faith: 1

Swords: 1

Foreign Affairs: 1

Falconry 1

Polearms: 1

PM Class Votes

Foreign Intelligence: 10

Internal Affairs: 4

Military: 2

Intrigue: 1

Court Manners: 1

Presence: 1

Faith: 1

Swords: 1

Economics: 1

Voice: 1

Polearms: 1

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Hanako just released an update for the game today (version 1.2.20.1). There are a few changes that I will go over in the next update, but the only thing pertinent right now is that all previously seen dialogue (which is all of it in my case) has "skip ahead" icon on the bottom right.

People that have haven't played Long Live the Queen since the Steam patch won't recognize this character. Alice, among other things, replaces most of the generic "maids" throughout the game.

They have brought you a letter, and a gift.

'Condolences on the death of', 'deeply regret', 'best wishes'...

Oh! What a beautiful necklace!

Elodie is on fire right now!

Should we wear this necklace? And should Elodie experiment with becoming yielding? After the next update, I will be posting the bonuses and penalties of the emotions Elodie has seen on the second post.

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 9, 2014

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
WEAR IT, we need to be decked out with bling, and stick with Willful. We shouldn't start getting into the habit of taking poo poo from anyone.

PurpleXVI fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Wear it and do what ever, just get out of Willful.

• Locked thread