Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diesel_Doc
Sep 25, 2010

He is real Super Sand
Is this still the place to post to join the Goon PS4 clan? I started playing this recently and it seems like it would be pretty fun with goons.

edit: I guess it would help to put my PSN name. I'm WLG_Outlaw

Diesel_Doc fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ok, I can't survive tower II exterminate, good to know. :thumbsup:

Guess I'll have to farm a level 1 key if I want my potato.

Making a magnus, hope its good.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Alteisen posted:

Ok, I can't survive tower II exterminate, good to know. :thumbsup:

Guess I'll have to farm a level 1 key if I want my potato.

Making a magnus, hope its good.

It is. It might be my favorite sidearm that is available to everyone. Get some good damage and status chance mods on there and you won't be disappointed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Any suggestions on status effects? I got a bunch of pistol poo poo while some super nice pubbies helped me level.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Welp. I failed the wall running mastery test. Seems Volt is suddenly deathly afraid of walls and absolutely loving refuses to run on them vertically or horizontally.

Tomorrow I suppose :(

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Phage and Akcestra are now available in the PC clan's dojo. The rocket hammer has a little less than 24 hours left.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Any suggestions on status effects? I got a bunch of pistol poo poo while some super nice pubbies helped me level.

I'm going to break it down by faction:

Grineer: Corrosive (Poison and Electricity, slotted before any other two elemental mods) is going to chew through their armor and make it seem like tissue paper, due to its proc of Reduced Armor. To this end, the only other elemental combo you can slot is Blast (Fire and Cold, slotted next to each other, or with no other elemental mods in the way) is going to give you a knockdown AoE whenever it procs (which will be a lot with a well-built Magnus)

Corpus: The Magnus loving rocks against the Corpus, due to it's high Impact Damage. As for elemental combos, slot Magnetic (Cold and Electricity together), which on a proc reduces their max shields, so if you can't kill them immediately and their shields DO regen, it'll be easier to take them out. The only other combo you can slot is Gas (Heat and Poison together), BUT it deals -25% versus Flesh. However, the proc is a Toxin damage AoE, which causes their health to tick down. It's up to you on that one, but I usually slot it for shits and giggles.

Infested: Gas. Gas is going to chew through Infested like crazy. The Magnus only has 12 slash damage base, which is by no means bad, but it's not as high as some weapons (Vasto).

Hope this helped!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The full damage layout for all factions.

Mr. Lego
Dec 13, 2003
Remember those Legos you used to play with as a child? Well, I'm the guy who came up with the idea of Legos in the first place.
Newbie question: how do I enter the dojo? I've created the key but it's not showing up in my inventory or keyring. On that note, how do you leave a clan?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mr. Lego posted:

Newbie question: how do I enter the dojo? I've created the key but it's not showing up in my inventory or keyring. On that note, how do you leave a clan?
It should be with your other keys for derelict and tower, in the first slot.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mr. Lego posted:

Make sure you've actually claimed it out of the foundry after building it. It should be available by clicking the Keys button up top.

You can leave a clan by right clicking your name in the clan list (shield icon) and selecting Leave Clan.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So when I'm slotting this stuff.

Do I just slot what I need for a faction? Or do I jumble them all together?

And I took the ignis blueprint from the dojo but I guess its a level 4 weapon. :downs:

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Carecat posted:

Survival on PC might be broken in a good way. It gave us prime BPs at 5 and 10 minutes.
Just the normal Prime BPs? (Mag/Frost Helmet) I need System to finish both my Mag Prime and Frost Prime and I'd really love to being able to run Survival to finish the Frost. This is Void survivals I'm guessing?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Alteisen posted:

So when I'm slotting this stuff.

Do I just slot what I need for a faction? Or do I jumble them all together?

And I took the ignis blueprint from the dojo but I guess its a level 4 weapon. :downs:

There's slot priority, which is left-to-right, top-to-bottom. So if you put in all four elements, the combination is based off slot position. If you don't mind switching loadouts frequently, you can make multiple loadouts for a single piece of equipment (The A/B/Cs on the upgrade page). Personally, I get lazy and go with an element or combo that works with the strength of the weapon.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Balon posted:

Is Transmuting broken? I just transmuted 4 Rare mods and got... a Quickdraw.

Working as intended.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

The Jumpoff posted:

Grineer: Corrosive (Poison and Electricity, slotted before any other two elemental mods) is going to chew through their armor and make it seem like tissue paper, due to its proc of Reduced Armor. To this end, the only other elemental combo you can slot is Blast (Fire and Cold, slotted next to each other, or with no other elemental mods in the way) is going to give you a knockdown AoE whenever it procs (which will be a lot with a well-built Magnus)

Corpus: The Magnus loving rocks against the Corpus, due to it's high Impact Damage. As for elemental combos, slot Magnetic (Cold and Electricity together), which on a proc reduces their max shields, so if you can't kill them immediately and their shields DO regen, it'll be easier to take them out. The only other combo you can slot is Gas (Heat and Poison together), BUT it deals -25% versus Flesh. However, the proc is a Toxin damage AoE, which causes their health to tick down. It's up to you on that one, but I usually slot it for shits and giggles.

Infested: Gas. Gas is going to chew through Infested like crazy. The Magnus only has 12 slash damage base, which is by no means bad, but it's not as high as some weapons (Vasto).

Hope this helped!

An addendum to this is if you're doing high level missions with fairly good equipment, you should not take Corrosive against Grineer nor Gas against Infested.

Against Grineer, Corrosive is extraordinarily good against the majority of the enemies. These enemies have Ferrite armor that is weak to Corrosive. However, the Grineer faction also has a bunch of enemies that have Alloy armor. All the Grineer bosses that have armor have Alloy, and what I would say to be the three toughest Grineer enemy types, Eviscerators, Napalms, and Bombards, all have Alloy armor.

The best elemental against Alloy is Radiation, which is what I would suggest you use once you start seeing these three types of enemies pop up. When you get that high up, only these 3 enemies will be of any danger to you anyway, so having Corrosive is not necessary.

And for the Infested, the situation is fairly the same as the Grineer. Gas is really good against weak enemies, but once you get higher up, these types of enemies will not be of any danger to you anymore. At that point, you will want to take Corrosive, which is extremely effective against the Fossilized armor that Ancient Disrupters and Toxic Ancients have. These 2 enemy types are the ones that will kill you, not the chargers and crawlers and such.

Oh, and if you ever get into the void, take Corrosive. The Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Corrupted Ancients, which are the hardest enemies in there, are both weak to Corrosive. Possibly take cold as well for the regular shields that many of them have.

Metaprognosticate fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 9, 2014

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

The Jumpoff posted:

Hope this helped!

Note that Toxic damage ignores shields, making just regular ol' Toxic damage quite good against Corpus, because they often only have 1/3rd of their total HP or less as health, which means a high toxic damage percentage means you just ignore their giant pile o' shielding and cause them to dissolve.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

MJ12 posted:

Note that Toxic damage ignores shields, making just regular ol' Toxic damage quite good against Corpus, because they often only have 1/3rd of their total HP or less as health, which means a high toxic damage percentage means you just ignore their giant pile o' shielding and cause them to dissolve.

I actually didn't know this. This changes everything.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Metaprognosticate posted:

An addendum to this is if you're doing high level missions with fairly good equipment, you should not take Corrosive against Grineer nor Gas against Infested.

Against Grineer, Corrosive is extraordinarily good against the majority of the enemies. These enemies have Ferrite armor that is weak to Corrosive. However, the Grineer faction also has a bunch of enemies that have Alloy armor. All the Grineer bosses that have armor have Alloy, and what I would say to be the three toughest Grineer enemy types, Eviscerators, Napalms, and Bombards, all have Alloy armor.

The best elemental against Alloy is Radiation, which is what I would suggest you use once you start seeing these three types of enemies pop up. When you get that high up, only these 3 enemies will be of any danger to you anyway, so having Corrosive is not necessary.

And for the Infested, the situation is fairly the same as the Grineer. Gas is really good against weak enemies, but once you get higher up, these types of enemies will not be of any danger to you anymore. At that point, you will want to take Corrosive, which is extremely effective against the Fossilized armor that Ancient Disrupters and Toxic Ancients have. These 2 enemy types are the ones that will kill you, not the chargers and crawlers and such.

Oh, and if you ever get into the void, take Corrosive. The Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Corrupted Ancients, which are the hardest enemies in there, are both weak to Corrosive. Possibly take cold as well for the regular shields that many of them have.

This man knows what's up. When facing high level enemies always fit to kill the most dangerous enemy on the field. Although I think when in the void have your backup gun fit to kill fusion MOAs as there are a lot of those, they are faster than gunners and do a ton of damage if not killed.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
If I'm going to use my cash monies for a sentinel, which one is the best to buy when stating out?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Karnegal posted:

If I'm going to use my cash monies for a sentinel, which one is the best to buy when stating out?

Carrier.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
Carrier in my opinion is the best sentinel without a doubt, it has the best weapon of all sentinels (which you can swap around as you please once you have more than one) and also because it vacuums loot (there by getting stuck/inaccessible loot) for the lazy Space Ninja.

Doji Sekushi posted:

You want your Bastille small and long-lasting. If two Bastille touch they count as one, which is bad since Bastille only affects 12 guys. So you want to be able to have separate Bastille up.

Did a quick test on this in ODD just now, threw down 1 Bastille and when it had captured its limit I threw another down and it picked up the remaining enemies no problem. So go mad with Bastille cages!

Also as a side note, by increasing Power Strength (Focus / Blind Rage) you increase the amount of enemies held (and conversely can decrease that number with Overextended).

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm liking Wyrm but its weapon is awful (2 damage!!) so once it gets to 30 I'm probably going to give it the shotgun and see how much it can murder.

VVV Wyrm is way better than dethcube. Its signature ability lets you stun all enemies around you for a good length of time and a pretty nice range, dethcube does some damage and stuns 1 enemy. That's it.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Feb 9, 2014

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Karnegal posted:

The sentinels, listed by usefulness:

1) Carrier
2) Carrier
3) Carrier
4) Deathcube
5) Shade (For Codex Scans)
6) Djinn
7) Wrym

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I see tons of people using the dethcube and only sometimes someone with the wyrm or djinn.

I've never seen anyone with a shade.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Sentinels get kind of annoying because if they kill something you don't get ANY experience for it, and if their level and weapon is maxed that exp is wasted.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Mercury_Storm posted:

Sentinels get kind of annoying because if they kill something you don't get ANY experience for it, and if their level and weapon is maxed that exp is wasted.

Luckily this is fixable by removing their attack precept from them entirely!

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

Kaldaris posted:

Yep, I think for the last 2 months the only time I've actually had the attack precept slotted was for T3 defense or long Survivals.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Kaldaris posted:

This is correct. It's also why Carrier is the best (with Shade being a close second), since vacuuming up loot (or Shade turning you invisible) is extremely useful but doesn't interfere with any attempts to level lovely melee weapons or whatever. They'll also survive longer in high-level missions this way since they're not drawing aggro by shooting at stuff.

Edit: Well this is interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVuzFe6u1oA

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I think that's just the stealth attack. You can see the prompt at around 0:18.

At least Paralysis has a use now. v:v:v

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 9, 2014

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
drat, the developers obviously know their community is full of assholes. I got 'invited' ( Read, blindly invited ) by a pubbie to a high-level planet while I was mashing my way through the foundry. It's deception! Fine, waste my time, I'll waste yours... Some free XP as well, why not?

Scoop up the Datamass, and have a go at dropping it into the void. No luck. Naturally the guy fucks off running ahead too. So when it comes to the console. I climb on the highest wall I can find, and put on some youtube.

You drop the datamass if you go idle for too long, so my elaborate troll failed. I thought I had managed to accidentally glitch it into a wall though, but nope, pubbie scoops it up through the wall. :argh: At least I know to run alllllllll the way back to the beginning and quitting would work better.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sleepy Owl posted:

I think that's just the stealth attack. You can see the prompt at around 0:18.
Except that's not even close to the stealth attack animation for a longsword, and it's not actually being drawn during the attack (you can still see the it sheathed on the back during the animation).

Edit: A gallery showing most of the current stealth animations can be found here.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 9, 2014

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

limited posted:

drat, the developers obviously know their community is full of assholes. I got 'invited' ( Read, blindly invited ) by a pubbie to a high-level planet while I was mashing my way through the foundry. It's deception! Fine, waste my time, I'll waste yours... Some free XP as well, why not?

Scoop up the Datamass, and have a go at dropping it into the void. No luck. Naturally the guy fucks off running ahead too. So when it comes to the console. I climb on the highest wall I can find, and put on some youtube.

You drop the datamass if you go idle for too long, so my elaborate troll failed. I thought I had managed to accidentally glitch it into a wall though, but nope, pubbie scoops it up through the wall. :argh: At least I know to run alllllllll the way back to the beginning and quitting would work better.

I don't get it, are you one of the assholes the community is full of? What is the point of this story? "The devs made it too hard for me to troll this dude who DARED to invite me to a mission, I mean I could have just ignored it or left when I realized I had no interest, but that's for noobs, heh."

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

Except that's not even close to the stealth attack animation for a longsword, and it's not actually being drawn during the attack (you can still see the it sheathed on the back during the animation).

Edit: A gallery showing most of the current stealth animations can be found here.

I just tried this, I think there are actual different animations for when you attack from the front and the back. Wielding Dual Heat Swords I'd get unarmed animations when pressing E, from the back I'd get the usual neck snap and from the front I got some strange turn into an overhead punch to the face.

The Dual H. Sword "jump on shoulders and double stab" animation also popped up, but it stopped after I activated Hysteria for the first time.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
I don't know what it's like on PC, but on the PS4, invites take priority over everything else. If you're in a menu fusing some mods, or changing your loadout or whatever, it's really easy to accept an invite by mistake while you're busy trying to do something else and it automatically pulls you into a session. It's particularly annoying if you have a username that comes early in the alphabetised list, because people spam you with invites all the time.

It's an awful way of handling the invites and it really needs to change.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

That's kind of interesting. I went and tried this with a longsword, and I can definitely do the same thing as in the video. When I attack them from the back while they're stunned though, I get the normal stealth kill animation. I have no idea why the weapon wasn't being drawn in the video because it definitely was when I tried it.

I don't think this is just a stealth kill from the front, because I can't trigger it with an invisible Loki or something.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
So I downloaded this game on a whim yesterday and I have absolutely no loving idea what is going on except that my guns suck and that sprinting + crouching makes me look like a loving badass?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

GenericOverusedName posted:

So I downloaded this game on a whim yesterday and I have absolutely no loving idea what is going on except that my guns suck and that sprinting + crouching makes me look like a loving badass?
Sprinting and tapping crouch to slide rapidly over and over is also one of the quicker ways to move around in open areas. Badass and practical! If you really want to feel badass, do that crouch slide in midair and jump-kick some fools in the face.

And yes, the starter guns do suck. Well, the rifle does, the pistol is actually fairly decent after some upgrades. You'll want to replace your rifle at the first opportunity (see the FAQ in the second post). Also play with goons, we can make you not space-poor in a hurry.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Aishan posted:

I don't know what it's like on PC, but on the PS4, invites take priority over everything else. If you're in a menu fusing some mods, or changing your loadout or whatever, it's really easy to accept an invite by mistake while you're busy trying to do something else and it automatically pulls you into a session. It's particularly annoying if you have a username that comes early in the alphabetised list, because people spam you with invites all the time.

It's an awful way of handling the invites and it really needs to change.
Amen. That was why I was trying to troll 'em. I was playing with my shiny new schematics and the prompt popped up just as I was pushing the button to build my shiny new Ignis. :argh: There's enough time to curse while mashing the backout button, and then hey, load screen, unskippable cutscenes...

GenericOverusedName posted:

Make sure to beg / borrow / steal / offer deviant sexual favors for a Serration mod ASAP. It's a flat boost to any rifle's damage, and you'll be using rifles a lot. Also don't forget to add those shield / vitality mods into your warframe too. They tend to be the first thing you'll pick up.

Serration claims to be uncommon drop, but I've not seen one besides the one I traded with a fellow Goon for. :argh:

limited fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sins Of Our Talent
Feb 13, 2012
The starter pistol got nerfed to be worse than the rifle, so you'll want to replace both weapons ASAP. Rifle replacements are more accessible, so look for that first.