Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

XyloJW posted:

I don't know what any of you are talking about. I feel like the kid who can't figure out how to work the Magic Eye puzzles.

I'm really curious how many people are about to seriously try to explain it to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Livingtrope posted:

I'm really curious how many people are about to seriously try to explain it to you.

If anybody can explain that poo poo then go ahead because I'm a grown adult and I don't know how to make them work.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Livingtrope posted:

This is what you see when you finally focus your eyes:

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
It's a schooner.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
Why can't kids listen to good music like Bobby Vinton and Neil Sedaka?

All of a sudden I want Miley Cyrus to become this generation's Madonna and just be influential and important for decades to make that comic even stupider.

Also, I like that in a thread full of the most evil opinions imaginable, loving Streeter reminiscing about the Beatles is the one that is attracting all our rage (and rightly so).

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Warcabbit posted:

It's a schooner.

You know what?! There is no Easter Bunny! That's just a guy in a suit!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

JaggerMcDagger posted:

I didn't edit the text in this one because the message is so great!

All four of them were/are trash. Welcome to pop music.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Elvis was at least an interesting guy, he was a hell of a lot more progressive than most of the music industry at the time. But musically there's better rock guys from the same period.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Another thing all four have in common? They all got popular off the back of African American music trends and innovations! :haw:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This week there's a decent amount of Nye/Ham debate stuff.

Lietha is still posting reruns, but he did have one new thing.

Ham takes a hand off the debate, allowing Nye to seize it with ease.

Nuckols still cannot draw.

:3:

None of the usual suspects covered the debate at all, which I think speaks loads for how well the creationism/ID movement is doing. If only Asay hadn't stopped cartooning...

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Rorus Raz posted:

If only Asay hadn't stopped cartooning...

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

All four of them were/are trash. Welcome to pop music.

I don't really get why people who weren't alive back then actually like Elvis. I mean The Beatles, sure, whatever, but Elvis? Come on.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

I don't get it. "Creationists are literally stone-age cro-magnon people/REAL DINOSAURS"? "Fred Flintstone, a fictitious cartoon character, would agree totally agrees with me and therefore my side is right"?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rorus Raz posted:

Nuckols still cannot draw.

This is still a big problem I think, religious people seeing science as just another religion. Maybe the same could be said about science type people trying to see religion as a science. I know I've been guilty of that a lot. But then, guys like Ken Ham are encouraging this belief...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 9, 2014

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
Bill is lookin' mighty Rand Paul there.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Wales Grey posted:

I don't get it. "Creationists are literally stone-age cro-magnon people/REAL DINOSAURS"? "Fred Flintstone, a fictitious cartoon character, would agree totally agrees with me and therefore my side is right"?

I think that cartoonist isn't a fundie.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Wales Grey posted:

Creationists beliefs are so stupid they are on par with that of a caveman. Sometimes I think you guys try your hardest to be confused for no reason.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Wales Grey posted:

Creationists believe that man and dinosaur existed at the same time.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Barney was a young earth darwinist. :v:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Pelicans evolved big beaks so that man could wash dishes in them, and elephants evolved long snouts so man could vacuum with them.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Meat Recital posted:

Pelicans evolved big beaks so that man could wash dishes in them, and elephants evolved long snouts so man could vacuum with them.
Is that really so different than real life examples of domesticated animal and pet evolution?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Not all comics will necessarily be from fundies. They just tend to be more entertaining.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

I agree with the teen back there: gently caress you Dad!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
More Antonio Prohias. No translations this time due to stuff on my end.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

JJ weighs in on Keystone again.

I've been hearing of five or so reports that claim the pipeline will be peachy-keen environmentally, but I haven't looked into the sources of the reports to see if they're legitimate or just fronts for oil companies. To JJ's credit, he doesn't just brush off environmentalists are "wacko loons" or anything, but suggest they focus on more pressing issues instead of one thing that is (reportedly) not a big deal.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The problem with Keystone is that too much focus is on the potential environmental impact and not enough on the economic impact. What would the United States actually get out of building Keystone, besides the temporary jobs associated with literally building the pipeline? Half of the pipeline has already been built, and it's driven oil prices down in the Midwest. If we complete the pipeline all the way to Texas, those oil prices will spike and it'll be easier for Canada to export its oil to China, increasing overall cost of oil purchasing for the United States. And Canada has steadfastly refused to give America right of first refusal on oil purchases through Keystone, so we can't be sure that won't be something they'll do.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Fidel may have been cast aside, but Cuban Catholicism shall forever be of Communist spirit: a liberation cartoon

Oh, and I guess Cuba's a leg. And has a tumor.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Claiming it will have "no negative environmental impact" is pretty dumb since I'm sure all of those reports are written under the assumption that there will be no problems whatsoever with the pipe. So the pipe won't cause ANY environmental problem provided it doesn't break and spew oil everywhere? Gee, why doesn't that dumb ol' Obama let us build it already! I mean, oil companies never make mistakes! :downs:

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010
The real problem is the report basically assumes we'll find a way to buy tar sands oil with or without the pipeline. I'm not saying that's a bad assumption, but it means the "environmental impact" doesn't include actually using the oil only how it is delivered. Considering trains can derail and trucks can crash, there might not be that much of a difference between the pipeline and other means of transport. The bigger problem is all the extra carbon all that tar sands oil will spew out, but that isn't covered in the report.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Another thing all four have in common? They all got popular off the back of African American music trends and innovations! :haw:

Actually, as he was "discovered" by Usher, Beiber remains the only person on that list who has made money for a black man.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

JaggerMcDagger posted:

I didn't edit the text in this one because the message is so great!

Take a moment and think about 1969's music scene. The hippies of `67 finally control their destiny, the Beatles are breaking up, but putting out Abbey Road, Woodstock and Altamont are the high-water mark, where the revolution falters and becomes the introspection of the 70s singer-songwriter...album-wise, we have Aoxomoxoa, Trout Mask Replica, Led Zeppelin I and II, The Gilded Palace of Sin, Let it Bleed, Songs From A Room, Arthur, Tommy, Hot Buttered Soul, Nashville Skyline, Odessa, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, THREE CREEDENCE FULL-LENGTHS...

...then remember what the biggest selling single of the year was.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Internet Kraken posted:

Claiming it will have "no negative environmental impact" is pretty dumb since I'm sure all of those reports are written under the assumption that there will be no problems whatsoever with the pipe. So the pipe won't cause ANY environmental problem provided it doesn't break and spew oil everywhere? Gee, why doesn't that dumb ol' Obama let us build it already! I mean, oil companies never make mistakes! :downs:

It'd probably be best for us to read at least one of the reports before we make assumptions about their contents. One thing I can be certain of, even without reading them, is that JJ has not read them- and that his argument is one of mealymouthed, facts-deficient, pseudocentrism.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

New Two Bulls.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

Take a moment and think about 1969's music scene. The hippies of `67 finally control their destiny, the Beatles are breaking up, but putting out Abbey Road, Woodstock and Altamont are the high-water mark, where the revolution falters and becomes the introspection of the 70s singer-songwriter...album-wise, we have Aoxomoxoa, Trout Mask Replica, Led Zeppelin I and II, The Gilded Palace of Sin, Let it Bleed, Songs From A Room, Arthur, Tommy, Hot Buttered Soul, Nashville Skyline, Odessa, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, THREE CREEDENCE FULL-LENGTHS...

I'm going to memorize this post for the next time some rear end in a top hat does the MUSIC TODAY SUCKS spiel.

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

New Two Bulls.

drat that's a fine balrog.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Miley Cyrus got in trouble for sexually suggestive body movement during a televised performance. You can't say the same about Elvis "The Pelvis" Presley!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Allen Wren posted:

My favourite is always the people who bring up Kanye West being an egotistical idiot as proof that music today is trash. Because Elvis and the Beatles never said anything controversial or self aggrandizing.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Mister Beeg posted:

Right, I'll handle that, then.

Hierarchy
DORTICOS: Please, commander Castro, remind me what brand of tabacco you wanted me to buy you.

Nightmare

Surprise!...
The boxes are Agrarian Reform, Liberty, Industrialization, Nationalism, and Source of Labor

Militarism
LIBORITO: Bah! Batista would also serve me this!...

Parodying Agrippina
ALMA MATER: Son, smite my womb, from whence you came!...

Acrobatics
NIKITA: Thanks, Fidel!...

Reunion
CHE: Well, Carlos Rafael, it's time to liven things up with an "accident," Camilo-style.

Penitence Goes in Sin
The airplane's tail says Havana and Moscow

I don't think this one really needs any translation, to be honest.

Or this one.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Mister Beeg posted:

It continues to be strangely compelling to see someone lambasting Che like this. I mean that caricature is just amazing in the way it frames the man. I don't have any antipathy towards him or anything, but it continues to be my favorite part of Prohias's work by far.

edit: Also dancing Fidel in the background, the pettiness of having them drink vodka, the thuggishness of everyone having knives. It's all delightfully mean spirited.

cafel fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

1969 was an insane year all around and I wonder what it was like to live through it.

• Locked thread