Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Acquire Currency! posted:

Are you even mentally prepared for the Cheers theme playing over a permanently melted ice kingdom?

Oh god so ready, BRING ON THE SAD. So psyched for this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Preview up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4TMq3EibA8
Does not bode well.

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010
So apparently Card Wars is becoming a real thing http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/02/a-real-adventure-time-card-game-and-a-digital-one-all-the-card-games/

Elevorot
Dec 22, 2008

What?
This is my happy face.

The Slippery Nipple posted:

So apparently Card Wars is becoming a real thing

I am unsure how I feel about this. And by unsure I mean I am totally going to pitch this game to my board games group. And by pitch I mean I'm buying this...

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Everybody, there's a new king in town.

Get ready.

I dunno, I don't see anything too bad in it. Though it does look like FK might have done something nasty to FP

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MojoKingBee posted:

I dunno, I don't see anything too bad in it. Though it does look like FK might have done something nasty to FP

It looks like he caught her napping (literally, it looks like a night gown).

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
CB doesn't say anything stupid to fp

...you guys might be onto something when you had that theory that Cinnamon Bun just doesn't like Princess Bubblegum and is just constantly loving with her

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Get ready.
Yeah, CB is acting unusually... competent. It bothers me.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
He does call PB "devious". That would be a pretty complicated word for his usual giggling moron persona.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
The Cinnamon Bun we all know died seasons ago, when Peppermint Butler summoned a demon into his body. The demon's still there.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Get ready.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The Cinnamon Bun we all know died seasons ago, when Peppermint Butler summoned a demon into his body. The demon's still there.

Oh my god you might actually be right. Also that was this season, not seasons ago.

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Aw poo poo. What episode was that? I remember the scene but I think I wanna rewatch that episode.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Slippery Nipple posted:

Aw poo poo. What episode was that? I remember the scene but I think I wanna rewatch that episode.

The Suitor, S5 E21.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, I'm going with it was a night-time coup and she and CB had to escape. Neat to see the distrust between Flame Princess and Princess Bubblegum is still there (and for good reason, considering Bubblegum's desire to contain or extinguish her).

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Glob, I'm buying multiple of each deck.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's either that, or CB's moron persona was always somewhat "put on" just to troll the gently caress out of PB.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Betty is going to end with Simon choosing death as himself with Betty but Marceline forces the crown onto him. Betty flees what he becomes, IK recapitulates his slide and loss in a single scene and is mad at Marceline, but sinks back into daffy minor-villainy. This season has been too much about ruts and clinging to the past for Marceline to let Simon die, even if he wants to.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's either that, or CB's moron persona was always somewhat "put on" just to troll the gently caress out of PB.

I like the idea that Bubbblegum just cloned herself up a new Cinnamon Bun when the old one ran off to the fire kingdom a la James.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Get ready.

Jesus christ, the writers really have a hard-on for tormenting poor FP, don't they?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

MojoKingBee posted:

Jesus christ, the writers really have a hard-on for tormenting poor FP, don't they?

Why the poo poo would they give something like FP being poisoned by her handmaiden away in a Facebook post.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zeruel posted:

Why the poo poo would they give something like <spoilers> away in a Facebook post.

Why would you post said spoilers openly in your complaint about spoilers being openly posted?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's probably the very first line of the episode or something.

Of course, Twitter accounts can give away a lot of info. Several of the Archer accounts gave away the secret passages long before they were revealed on the show.

I you don't want tiny spoilers, don't follow accounts designed to keep people interested in the show by giving away hints and teasers I guess :shrug:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's probably the very first line of the episode or something.
Yeah, it's probably something that happens in the first three minutes that sets up the rest of the episode, not some big twist that has been spoiled.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Spoiler: Flame Princess dies.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Sold out for preorder already :( hopefully they get new stock soon, my girlfriend was just saying the other day she'd love Card Wars to become a real thing.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
A random thought today after rewatching Apple Wedding has me now wondering if Tree Trunks in general as a tiny pot bellied elephant and particularly now with marrying Mr. Pig has anything to do with a very down-low and kinda obtuse reference to a very early South Park episode.

:psyduck:

(Or maybe I'm just imagining things.)

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Parts Kit posted:

A random thought today after rewatching Apple Wedding has me now wondering if Tree Trunks in general as a tiny pot bellied elephant and particularly now with marrying Mr. Pig has anything to do with a very down-low and kinda obtuse reference to a very early South Park episode.

Nah, we all know that pig and elephant DNA just don't splice.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I just can't see myself ever playing that card game because I think I'd have a really tough time not centering every single game around trying to floop the pig.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

7thBatallion posted:

Nah, we all know that pig and elephant DNA just don't splice.
But human and candy do?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Zeruel posted:

Why the poo poo would they give something like FP being poisoned by her handmaiden away in a Facebook post.

Because this is a children's cartoon, not Game of Thrones.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Say Nothing posted:

But human and candy do?

Have you seen like, half of America?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Parts Kit posted:

Ryan North has a pygmy elephant character in his comics, although he's only ever seen in a guest strip. http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=1078
http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=2005

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

7thBatallion posted:

Have you seen like, half of America?

Don't forget fried food!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I like that Finn's reaction to having the wall of his house busted is: "Oh, haha, hey".

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Don't forget fried food!

That's the other half, silly.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

I like that Finn's reaction to having the wall of his house busted is: "Oh, haha, hey".

I got a good chuckle out of that. I like Cinnamon Bun and Flame Princess together, they make a good team. I want Finn to get the gently caress over Flame Princess so he can be likable again but I certainly don't want to see any less of those two ruling an entire kingdom against all odds.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

nerdbot posted:

I got a good chuckle out of that. I like Cinnamon Bun and Flame Princess together, they make a good team. I want Finn to get the gently caress over Flame Princess so he can be likable again but I certainly don't want to see any less of those two ruling an entire kingdom against all odds.

CB being Flame Princess' dutiful...vizier? Advisor? I don't know, whatever it is it needs to stick around regardless of what anybody wants to see happen with Finn and FP. It's pretty much the best.

Which is why I'm positive the Demon inside CB is going to betray FP in the season finale, thus finally having EVERYONE she's ever trusted betray her and oh god everything will be bad nothing will be good :smith:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Cinnamon Bun loving rules in this episode.

EDIT: So does Flame King.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
Ugh Finn stop being such a Nice Guy about this whole mission. :(

CB is fantastic though, I agree.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

nerdbot posted:

This episode officially makes Finn dumber than Cinnamon Bun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

nerdbot posted:

That he does.

Finn, though, is being a creep. Jeez.

• Locked thread