Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

PseudoFaux posted:

I haven't played this seriously since last march, more or less. What's the current hot poo poo in weapons and what have they done to my poor Paris and boltor since then? Have they released an upgrade to the lex beyond two lexes?

Boltor is still pretty decent as long as you're packing the right types of damage for the mobs you're going up against. I've only got one forma on mine at present, but it still works well enough on anything up to about level 35 or so. After that it's time for the Hek. It's always time for the Hek. Unless it's time for the Dread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Sandweed posted:

I've seen people with rank 15.

From what I've read, rank 15 is basically only possible for founders.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Szurumbur posted:

Still, do any other PS4 users experience the problem with not being able to Revive other players? I felt like an arsehole running around the downed squadmate and not being able to help.

It's a lag thing, present on the PC too. The game won't detect right away that you've started reviving, then you let off the button to try again, but that stops the revive, so nothing happens, so you try again but get no feedback, repeat.

Just be confident that your positioning is right and after a second you'll suddenly jump up to like 40% revive completion.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

pyromance posted:

From what I've read, rank 15 is basically only possible for founders.

I remember hearing a while back that affinity boosters also double the mastery you get from leveling stuff, is that true? Seems like you could pay your way to rank 15 then.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

long gone posted:

Does aiming do anything other than a slight zoom? Any benefits to cone of fire or anything?
I believe shotguns get a minor accuracy boost, and certain weapons have special behavior when zoomed (Penta detonates grenades, Phage contracts beam spread). Most weapons just have the zoom, though.

Tagichatn posted:

I remember hearing a while back that affinity boosters also double the mastery you get from leveling stuff, is that true? Seems like you could pay your way to rank 15 then.
That hasn't been the case since very early in closed beta, and has long since been fixed with mastery adjusted for the affected users.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So I leveled a Vasto and loved it. My one complaint with the Vasto, was the small clipsize. Is it worth going for the Akvastos? On paper it should be everything I want, but I hear mixed things.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Killsion posted:

So I leveled a Vasto and loved it. My one complaint with the Vasto, was the small clipsize. Is it worth going for the Akvastos? On paper it should be everything I want, but I hear mixed things.

You lose a V polarity for some reason with the dual version. Otherwise it's a perfectly good sidearm.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone got a run down on the Vectis or the Tetra? Got one more slot and looking for my next weapon.

The tetra is crap, don't use it. It's a dera with worse fire rate, bad accuracy, slower projectiles, and not nearly enough of a damage boost to overcome those downsides. If you want pew pew, deras are flatly superior to tetras.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Valatar posted:

The tetra is crap, don't use it. It's a dera with worse fire rate, bad accuracy, slower projectiles, and not nearly enough of a damage boost to overcome those downsides. If you want pew pew, deras are flatly superior to tetras.

The Jumpoff posted:

I've only used the Vectis enough to get it up to Rank 1, but I can already say I will probably take that thing to 30 and potato it for the dumb amount of fun I had with it. Nothing else in the game quite scratches the "Bolt Action Rifle" itch as well as the Vectis.
Cheers duders. Will get the Vectis then, thanks for the heads up.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010
I've been playing this on PS4 for about a week and while it felt a bit samey at first it feels like it's opening up a bit now that I'm getting some half decent mods and different weapons. I managed to loot a Hornet Strike and bought a Lex and crafted a Kraken, having some fun with those. Also I figured I'd had enough enjoyment out of it that I spent a bit of cash and bought a Carrier with platinum.

My Braton just hit 30 so next I think is to craft a Karak as some people suggested in the thread. Am I right in thinking it's a waste of time buffing the crit on the Karak since it's so low to start with? I don't have Serration yet.

I'm a bit nooby yet but my PSN is Kuronos23 if anyone wants to add me. I'm in the UK though so my ping/playing times might be lovely unless you're somewhere Europe-y.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Crit on Karak is pretty useless yes.

Build straight damage, it actually has very high damage per bullet.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Ferrous posted:

I've been playing this on PS4 for about a week and while it felt a bit samey at first it feels like it's opening up a bit now that I'm getting some half decent mods and different weapons. I managed to loot a Hornet Strike and bought a Lex and crafted a Kraken, having some fun with those. Also I figured I'd had enough enjoyment out of it that I spent a bit of cash and bought a Carrier with platinum.

My Braton just hit 30 so next I think is to craft a Karak as some people suggested in the thread. Am I right in thinking it's a waste of time buffing the crit on the Karak since it's so low to start with? I don't have Serration yet.

I'm a bit nooby yet but my PSN is Kuronos23 if anyone wants to add me. I'm in the UK though so my ping/playing times might be lovely unless you're somewhere Europe-y.

Karak = great for base damage, not for crits
Soma = Critrifle

You can use elemental damage mods to great effect until you get serration.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Karak also has extremely high base impact damage and not very good at all puncture and slash making it utterly amazing for killing the Corpus and other shielded enemies.

The Soma has very good slash damage and decent puncture damage with very low impact damage making it much better versus the grineer and infested.

They're both really good though.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010
I'm only rank 3 so way off the Soma yet. I'll keep it in mind for when I get up to 6. Cheers for the advice folks!

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
I made an Ignis and thought it felt worthless, but then I ranked it up enough to fit a serration and some elemental damage into it and hooooly poo poo it is a doomhose. Being able to spray everything in front of you at once and pretty much ignore cover is the best. I also love it for killing those goddamn Corpus flyers which are normally a real pain in the rear end to hit on the ps4 with a controller.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bunleigh posted:

I made an Ignis and thought it felt worthless, but then I ranked it up enough to fit a serration and some elemental damage into it and hooooly poo poo it is a doomhose. Being able to spray everything in front of you at once and pretty much ignore cover is the best. I also love it for killing those goddamn Corpus flyers which are normally a real pain in the rear end to hit on the ps4 with a controller.

Corpus Drones are the best thing about Mag's 1 :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you guys want to completely destroy stuff with Nyx's absorb, the ability absorbs penta grenades. If you line up the grenades correctly, you can detonate them while using absorb and get some amazing damage output.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

seiferguy posted:

If you guys want to completely destroy stuff with Nyx's absorb, the ability absorbs penta grenades. If you line up the grenades correctly, you can detonate them while using absorb and get some amazing damage output.

Is this true? If so, :pcgaming::getin::pcgaming:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Szurumbur posted:

Still, do any other PS4 users experience the problem with not being able to Revive other players? I felt like an arsehole running around the downed squadmate and not being able to help.
It happens occasionally but isn't really a big deal. Don't worry about it. Everyone gets 4 manual revives per frame per day.

Also put your PSN name here so all us PS4 guys can just add you. I'll send you a clan invite to you too so you don't have to rely on pubbies.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

seiferguy posted:

What witchery is this? I can finally use my irrational love of self-immolation for good instead of irritation?
:getin:

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

seiferguy posted:

Does it absorb Stug explosions too?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Is this true? If so, :pcgaming::getin::pcgaming:

I'm not sure, I've been meaning to test this myself but I was playing with someone who mentioned this last night and I wanted to try it at some point, especially on an ODD mission.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010
Hey goons who were in the PS4 party chat just now, not sure if you could hear me properly most of the time (I know you said you could one time). Sorry about that! I should really invest in a headset that isn't the thing you get with the PS4. I did say see ya but I don't think it came through.

I could hear you fine though, I guess the mic is just terrible.

Anyway, pleased with the stuff I got tonight, enough to make all the Rhino parts and an Orokin Cell for when those finish. Karak and clan key also building.

Cheers for the clan invite!

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

:suicide:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

I got all the parts in two kills.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I'm logging on to farm a single cell and build it right now, too bad I have to level Aklex, Akmagnus and Akcestra first. :v:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Valatar posted:

The Tetra actually has a higher possible damage output than the Dera. That doesn't account for usability concerns like projectile speed, but it's not a flatly worse gun in every respect.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/177262-hotfix-1205/

Hotfix 12.0.5:

Changes:
Changes to Penta’s sounds.

Critical Fixes:
Fixed issue where some accounts could not acquire Mods through end of mission or trades. We are maintaining a list of affected accounts and will fix them in a script shortly, stay tuned for confirmation when the script is complete, it might be a day or more but we will let you know as soon as it’s done.

Fixes:
Fixed issues where Vauban’s Tesla could cause a crash. We have optimized the FX of this power for performance and stability, it may look a bit different!
Fixed issue where recently acquired mods were not appearing in the inventory when sorting by recent.
Fixed continuous fire weapons not being able to damage Sabotage Reactors or other “environment” pieces.
Fixed issue where Zephyr’s Dive Bomb does not deal damage.
Fixed team health restores not working for sentinels.
Fxied Nova’s Immortal Skin blending and bug fix for her FX texture being improperly overrided.
Fixed spelling of Lephantis in transmissions.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Well hopefully that fixes one of birdframe's powers. Just one more to go!

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone got a run down on the Vectis or the Tetra? Got one more slot and looking for my next weapon.

Sub-30, I hit some ancient with it in the face for 22k.

If you can twitch that bitch, you will take down most things in one hit. I'd recommend slotting reloading time. It hits as hard as a dread, but it's a gun.

No other weapon penalizes you as much for missing though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vriess posted:

If you can twitch that bitch, you will take down most things in one hit. I'd recommend slotting reloading time. It hits as hard as a dread, but it's a gun.

The Ogris does, depending on how you miss :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Spend $100 on a Primed Chamber to really get the most out of your Vectis.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Vectis: for those who really like to reload.

See also: (Wraith) Twin Vipers.

Mr. Lego
Dec 13, 2003
Remember those Legos you used to play with as a child? Well, I'm the guy who came up with the idea of Legos in the first place.
Could I get a clan invite? PSN is kistoga. Thanks

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Vriess posted:

Which weapon are you talking about?

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
I just downloaded this game to give it a shot, but I seem to be encountering a really sweet bug where the tutorial loops every time you get to the screen to chose your warframe. I'm getting really drat good at picking up that health orb though!

Skipping the tutorial also results in a loop.

Any ideas?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Munnin The Crab posted:

I just downloaded this game to give it a shot, but I seem to be encountering a really sweet bug where the tutorial loops every time you get to the screen to chose your warframe. I'm getting really drat good at picking up that health orb though!

Skipping the tutorial also results in a loop.

Any ideas?

Initiate a scan for tachyon particles, The Lotus can pitpoint the location of the time loop.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

The Duggler posted:

Which weapon are you talking about?

Vectis.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Carecat posted:

Any mastery that gets you closer to Rank 6 for low effort is a good thing.

(bad resource guide)

Tower 1 is only enemies at 20~. You can kill those with some basic mods and survive fine with some extra health and shields modded on to your frame.

This guide is bad enough that I felt the need to edit it and repost it, it is in no way a complete guide now, but it's at least a bit better-

pre:
All resources can drop from crates, lockers, enemies and bosses.
It can be easier to farm resources during an infestation invasion of a planet with the drops you want due to the high spawn rate and ease of killing the melee only enemies on defense and survival.
Any resource farming is best done in Defense/Survival/Mobile Defense. Having a Nekros that is built for mass desecrating (and actually does it) will essentially double your resource yield.

Alloy Plate - Abundant
		Farm in Tower Voids/Venus/Jupiter/Phobos/Sedna/Ceres/Pluto (pretty much wherever has other things you need).
	Nano Spore - Abundant
		Farm in Orokin Derelict/Eris/Saturn/Neptune.
	Control Module - Abundant
		Farm in Tower Voids.
	Ferrite - Common but drops in small quantity
		Farm on Appolodorus, Mercury.
		Also on Earth/Neptune
	Gallium - Common
		Frequent invasion reward, 
		Abundant on Mars as drops (Survival/Defense/Mobdef).
	Polymer Bundle - Common
		Easy to farm with extractor
		Uranus is the best spot for these, it has no "common" rarity resources, so you will get primarily polymer bundles and plastids.
	Rubedo - Common
		Drops in Tower Voids
	Salvage - Common
		Farm in Mars/Jupiter/Sedna, wherever you need other resources
	Circuits - Common but drops in small quantity
		Ceres and Venus are the only places to farm these
	Neurodes - Uncommon
		Frequent invasion reward.
		Rare drop on any boss. Farmable from Lephantis in Orokin Derelict Assassination.
	Morphics - Uncommon
		Slow to farm, use extractor on Mars instead.
		Mars/can easily get 4-8 per 5 waves/minutes in defense/survival
	Plastids - Uncommon.
		Slow to farm, recommend extractor.
		Uranus is once again the go-to spot for these, see Polymer Bundles.
	Orokin Cell - Rare
		Rare drop on any boss.
		Level 15 difficulty: Fairly common drop from General Sargas Ruk on Tethys, Saturn.
		Level 15 difficulty: Common drop from Phorid on Tethys during Saturn infestaion invasion.
		Level 30 difficulty: Common drop from Phorid on Exta during Ceres infestaion invasion.
		1-4 can drop from Lephantis in Orokin Derelict in Orokin Derelict Assassination.
		Can be farmed from Derelict Survival/Defense as regular enemy drops
		Can also be obatined in stacks of up to 3 from some invasions.
	Neural Sensors - Rare
		Only farm is 1-2 a time from Alad V on Jupiter.
		Defense/Survival on Jupiter.

Fieldron and Mutagen Mass can both be easily farmed from invasions. There is no free source of Detonite Injectors.
Forma BPs are frequent rewards from all Tower Void missions.
Catalyst and Reactor BPs can be obtained from alerts and invasions, check after developer livestreams.
I don't recommend using extractors for anything really, they can be nice to have around, but unless you are able to check them 3+ times a day they generally aren't worth it.

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Gallium also appears frequently in the Orokin Void, most deliciously in T3Surv, no?