Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Groose- I mean Gilder- should definitely become a recurring NPC. He's too good not to be. Actually, all of this session's NPCs should reappear at some point. I love them so much.

I also enjoyed Scarlett having to think about her destiny. It seemed like she was the one to have the least character development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
pageclip quote

PlasmaMan posted:

:siren:I don't caaaaaaare about schedules:siren:

Let’s Play The Thirteenth Age Session 33 part 3: A Senatorial Success

Scarlett faces her imposed duty, our proposal is accepted, and gilder is REJECTED— all in all, a good day’s work.

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.
Scarlet is clearly the most successful diplomancer of the group. By which I mean worst

The entire diplomacy sequence was really good, and Gilder's temporary end was about as perfect as you can get, especially with the music

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Poor Gilder.

I was only half paying attention in the lead up, but the section with the intern was hilarious. I'd love to see him come back in the future.

Also, any hints as to when we can expect to see this much teased new character/player? The session/podcast upload time delay is kind of confusing to me.

P.S. Also I was kind of disappointed we didn't get to see Margaret's reaction to the elven seat of power, although from comments made in the episodes it sounds as though it was unfortunately unavoidable. I imagine it would have been great though

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Roach Warehouse posted:

Poor Gilder.

I was only half paying attention in the lead up, but the section with the intern was hilarious. I'd love to see him come back in the future.

Also, any hints as to when we can expect to see this much teased new character/player? The session/podcast upload time delay is kind of confusing to me.

P.S. Also I was kind of disappointed we didn't get to see Margaret's reaction to the elven seat of power, although from comments made in the episodes it sounds as though it was unfortunately unavoidable. I imagine it would have been great though

Nobody was more disappointed about Margaret's untimely unavailability than Poorweather. It really was a shame, but we're working on reincorporating the plans she had with the stuff that's coming after.

And keep your shirt on about the new guy (unless you have awesome abs to show off).

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!

General Ironicus posted:

And keep your shirt on about the new guy (unless you have awesome abs to show off).

*rips shirt, flexes abs*

I agree with everyone's love for Guilder and the Intern, and my other favorite part was Mint calmly talking to the Golden Wyrm Knight about his feelings. I would watch the adventures of Elven Therapist Mint. The credits would probably be very reminiscent of Mister Rogers.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
"Now, I understand that as an ancient force of darkness and herald of the encroaching despair you feel that you have to murder and pillage this nation, but we don't have to be tied down by the expectations others have of us. Tell me about your relationship with your parents and/or creator."

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I thought Drakkel talked about Scarlett's cult harassment and harry potter retreat a long time ago?

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

goatface posted:

"Now, I understand that as an ancient force of darkness and herald of the encroaching despair you feel that you have to murder and pillage this nation, but we don't have to be tied down by the expectations others have of us. Tell me about your relationship with your parents and/or creator."

FOR THE LAST TIME, MINT, NO.

(art by good buddy Gami(nsfw-ish))

[1:56:18 PM] ikks: stop asking or no fruit cup..!
[1:57:09 PM] medibot: you wouldn't dare take away fruit cup
[1:58:29 PM] ikks: i have stared into the dead eternity of the lich king's eyes and i will take fruit cup

ikks fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 7, 2014

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Considering Mint's foray into conflict moderation, I like to think his fancy court getup is actually just the attire of a middle-school guidance counsellor.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Gensuki posted:

I thought Drakkel talked about Scarlett's cult harassment and harry potter retreat a long time ago?

I did too! Though I guess sometimes I have a hard time remembering which things I've said in the podcast versus things I've just said in the chat offline or just thought up in my head. I dunno! This is what happens when you spend all your time planning ideas for things and not actually putting them anywhere.

Clearbrook
Sep 2, 2011

SWAG

Drakkel posted:

I did too! Though I guess sometimes I have a hard time remembering which things I've said in the podcast versus things I've just said in the chat offline or just thought up in my head. I dunno! This is what happens when you spend all your time planning ideas for things and not actually putting them anywhere.

Its always a little frustrating when that "I thought you guys knew this" moment comes up. I've used those moments to act as kind of a dramatic reveal, tho with your guys party everyone is pretty open other then Nav and Mint.

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009
Wow dang medibot busting out the Active Listening technique. Did not expect to hear a couple's therapy method get used to calm down a spurned religious zealot. Nice.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

:siren:welcome to your new favorite episode:siren:

Let’s Play The Thirteenth Age Session 34: Meet Manuél

With the Queen’s well-wishes, the party makes their way to the mansion-turned-laboratory where the race of Orcs was first created and where the first Orc Lord lies interred. With the help of the new friend, they begin navigating the curse-drenched and ghost-blasted halls.

ikks fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 10, 2014

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I just want to thank the RSS guy for updating in record time so I don't have to wait.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

PlasmaMan posted:

:siren:welcome to your new favorite episode:siren:

:swoon:

Finally!

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
Oh Wolfshirt, you and your dapper beastmen. :allears:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow, how did I not get that pun until it was practically spelt out?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Surprised no one said Monsieur Manuel...

Also, glad Wolfshirt's still getting work. He is my favorite character.

Kobold
Jan 22, 2008

Centuries of knowledge ingrained into my brain,
and this STILL makes no sense.

goatface posted:

Oh wow, how did I not get that pun until it was practically spelt out?
I just feel oddly happy that I'm not the only person who had a character idea for the name "Monster Manuel."

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
What was that Jazz Phoenix Wright music?

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

Gensuki posted:

Also, glad Wolfshirt's still getting work. He is my favorite character.

It was rough out there for a while. I was on the streets Lp'ing for gin money.

Penultimatum
Apr 2, 2010
Could anyone else tell that the long awaited new player was Wolfshirt just from the character picture? I think it's the poo poo-eating grin that gave it away. After Manuel's Tuxedo Mask introduction I'm beginning to wonder if by the end of the campaign all the characters will become animes. I mean, Rip already has a stand and everything.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I'm really glad that Wolfshirt joined the campaign, but I wonder when Poorweather will return. Seeing Manuel interact with Margaret should be pretty interesting.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

thetoughestbean posted:

I'm really glad that Wolfshirt joined the campaign, but I wonder when Poorweather will return. Seeing Manuel interact with Margaret should be pretty interesting.

We can only hope it will be half as good as Joey and Minerelle's detective work.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

I suppose it's as good a time as any to remind the thread that you can direct questions to characters or players in this handy little 13 Questions Tumblr

But I wonder who to direct those questions to? What suave gnoll commander could possibly be so mysterious and new as to elicit questions?

I'm of course talking about Mint.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!

Penultimatum posted:

Could anyone else tell that the long awaited new player was Wolfshirt just from the character picture? I think it's the poo poo-eating grin that gave it away. After Manuel's Tuxedo Mask introduction I'm beginning to wonder if by the end of the campaign all the characters will become animes. I mean, Rip already has a stand and everything.

I could tell, but not because of the poo poo-eating grin. I knew because it was a snazzy beastman and that's all Wolfshirt does. At this point, I'm pretty sure he's not actually human, and is just some crazy Canadian owlbear or something.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

My favorite part of the image is that Manuél appears to be smoking that piece of grass.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

WolfShirt posted:

I suppose it's as good a time as any to remind the thread that you can direct questions to characters or players in this handy little 13 Questions Tumblr

But I wonder who to direct those questions to? What suave gnoll commander could possibly be so mysterious and new as to elicit questions?

I'm of course talking about Mint.

Obviously. Manuel is a dashing rogue. He couldn't command a line interface.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Emmanuel Lewis.

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009
I am inappropriately excited by this new development. I look forward to having my ears intimately flirted with.

Also does this mean Mercury is basically new Corgischreiner?

Kafka Syrup fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 11, 2014

Borrillz
Aug 2, 2013
Hey wolfshirt, when are we gonna see Healing Sergi?

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

catdynamite posted:

Emmanuel Lewis.

And now with this, Manuél feels so at home. :blush:

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
Today's session was GM'ed by Phil Dunphy.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!
I completely lost it at Wolfshirt's introduction. Very excited to see him in the campaign now!

HenryEx posted:

What was that Jazz Phoenix Wright music?

It's from an album of jazz Ace Attorney music called Turnabout Meets Jazz Soul, and it's really good.

Dr. Demon
Jan 2, 2007

Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.
My interpretation of Mint's outfit from 33a:

I only just caught up with the latest episodes, and I think I may to do more fanart if time permits. At the very least, someone needs to draw Gilder Goldenbrass.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Dr. Demon posted:

I only just caught up with the latest episodes, and I think I may to do more fanart if time permits. At the very least, someone needs to draw Gilder Goldenbrass.

incredible.

if it helps for gilder... this is his pog.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

catdynamite posted:

Emmanuel Lewis.

He and Elf are left-facing buddies. :allears:

Dr. Demon
Jan 2, 2007

Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

PlasmaMan posted:

incredible.
Thanks!

quote:

if it helps for gilder... this is his pog.

That makes so much sense. I will take this into account when I draw him.
(Did he get into the Elf Queen's court by posing as a leather jacket salesman?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Dr. Demon posted:

This is actually amazing. Even upon seeing it I'm still not sure I understand how fabulous Mint looks right now.

• Locked thread