Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

sweart gliwere posted:

You get the same mentality in much of NC. Some of my favorite pre-McCrory trashy GOP quotes were about early voting.

Of course "urban" in that quote meant something very different than people who live in cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Stereotypes aside, there is a major problem with the city/rural divide in the prevailing attitude that city life is still the minority (number, not skin) experience for the country and that it's scary and mystifying for "most" people. That's real and it's stupid.

Technically, the plurality of Americans live in suburbs. Roughly 1/3 Americans live in cities.

Which is pretty important if anyone is going to talk about big city/small town values. You can combine the worst of both and house it in cheap, transient tract housing!

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 11, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Well they ain't huddled around Spokane, that's all I'll say.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well they ain't huddled around Spokane, that's all I'll say.

No, they're all huddled around Seattle and they resent leftist political dominance while still being hypocritically disdainful of flyover country.

Really the only thing that dictates whether a state is red or blue is the comparative ratio of core urban population and surrounding suburban population.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Living in Shoreline or Edmonds ain't really any different from living in Seattle. Both are a world away from Omak or Cle Elum.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Technically, the plurality of Americans live in suburbs. Roughly 1/3 Americans live in cities.

Which is pretty important if anyone is going to talk about big city/small town values. You can combine the worst of both and house it in cheap, transient tract housing!

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/2010_census/cb12-50.html

"Urban areas — defined as densely developed residential, commercial and other nonresidential areas -- now account for 80.7 percent of the U.S. population, up from 79.0 percent in 2000. Although the rural population -- the population in any areas outside of those classified as “urban” — grew by a modest amount from 2000 to 2010, it continued to decline as a percentage of the national population."

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Because they are marrying young blondes to keep as trophy wives, which she is not.

"I can't find anyone I deem worthy to date."

GoatSeeGuy fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 11, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Internet: There's fat shaming going on.
Goons: :ohdear:
Internet: She's conservative
Goons: :unsmigghh:

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

SedanChair posted:

It's not fat shaming to say there may be a few data points she leaving out of her argument.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GoatSeeGuy posted:

It's not fat shaming to say there may be a few data points she leaving out of her argument.

Like those bangs, they make the shape of her face look too square, and combined with her hair length look too old-fashioned.

edit: Actually I feel bad about this post, women in politics are judged too much by their looks and it's not cool for me to take part in it for a laugh.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Except your whole point of posting that picture was to make sure we realised this conservative woman is FAAAAT. No-one of worth cares. Her hateful personality is more than enough to judge her by. There is so much to dislike about conservative women without going into tangential misogyny / figure attacks.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Oh come on guys, she seems perfectly charming if not for her repugnant worldview (and we're talking about the conservative dating scene so hey, that's off the table to begin with). I mean more heavy-set Republican guys marry lithe young pharmaceutical lobbyists all the time. Are you telling me it doesn't work the other way around?

:allears:

Announcing the nuptials of Aaron Schock and Lisa DePasquale: Plausible Deniability for Everyone

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

SedanChair posted:

I don't know man, it's kinda like black Republicans. Being discriminated against because of racism is still wrong, but then they kinda knew what they were getting into and I have a hard time feeling bad for them when they choose to align themselves with the side that has a history of oppressing anyone who isn't a wealthy white male.

Plus she's the female version of the slovenly goon who refuses to take care of himself but expects a supermodel because he's smart. Like I'm betting she has plenty of dating options she won't even consider because they don't meet the deluded standard of attractiveness she feels she deserves. It's less that she's fat and more that she's just kind of an all-around ugly person from her looks to her beliefs.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Also she's not caucasian, long blonde hair, great legs, slim w/ firm perky tits - the ideal female constantly served up by conservative media to it's captive male audience.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Then make fun of the opinions and weird superiority-visage she exerts and not the physical appearance that plenty of people with low self-esteem already have despite being the kind of person you post with all the time and enjoy talking to? Remember when you mock her appearance you're also hurting all the people who are the same size as her, plenty of which are the same minorities you're hating on this women for ignoring due to her arrogance.

beatlegs posted:

Also she's not caucasian, long blonde hair, slim w/ firm perky tits - the ideal female constantly served up by conservative media to it's captive male audience.
:suicide:

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Sorry, should have said "unrealistic" female ideal.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

Except your whole point of posting that picture was to make sure we realised this conservative woman is FAAAAT. No-one of worth cares. Her hateful personality is more than enough to judge her by. There is so much to dislike about conservative women without going into tangential misogyny / figure attacks.

I'd almost buy this if I thought these was at least a minuscule chance she's ever run across and image like this

and called someone out on it.

Also lol at the idea that looks aren't an inherent part of dating.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Then make fun of the opinions and weird superiority-visage she exerts and not the physical appearance that plenty of people with low self-esteem already have despite being the kind of person you post with all the time and enjoy talking to? Remember when you mock her appearance you're also hurting all the people who are the same size as her, plenty of which are the same minorities you're hating on this women for ignoring due to her arrogance.

:suicide:

Oh come on, conservative in everything but portion size is the low hanging fruit that only the strongest of us can resist. If this was a conversation about ideology physical comments would be inappropriate but when it comes to someone complaining about dating.. well yeah physical features factor in to those decisions.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

GoatSeeGuy posted:

I'd almost buy this if I thought these was at least a minuscule chance she's ever run across and image like this

Cindy Sheehan? Looks pretty good for an older middle-aged woman who lost her son for no reason and then was made into a demon by the right. These people make such trash when they make anything at all.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Ah, the classic 'she hasn't been ideologically perfect therefore I don't have to be' - AKA the 'my defence is that someone else sucks.'

You're better than this. You can think she's a piece of poo poo, you can think she's unattractive, but posting the photo you did, which was entirely focusing on her weight, is lovely. You don't have to be attracted to fat people or chubby people or even 'filled-out' or 'meat-on-their-bones' people, but if you're claiming to not be the very dittohead who's the subject of this thread, you should at least try your hand at not judging people on their appearance at the slightest provocation. Chris Christie is fat, no-one good cares. This woman is fat, no-one good cares. Leave your judgements to your internal thought processes or get your arse into YLLS and make Shine proud.

Spaceman Future! posted:

Oh come on, conservative in everything but portion size is the low hanging fruit that only the strongest of us can resist. If this was a conversation about ideology physical comments would be inappropriate but when it comes to someone complaining about dating.. well yeah physical features factor in to those decisions.

Well yes, but face it, you weren't interested in dating her in the first place. You're only bringing up her appearance in terms of making GBS threads on someone. That's irrelevant to her terrible opinions.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

agarjogger posted:

Cindy Sheehan? Looks pretty good for an older middle-aged woman

You're not supposed to age.

Sarah Palin is well aware of this, and here is her solution:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
/\/\/\/\ Her solution is sunglasses?

It's not a flattering photo, but her opinions are worse than her looks could ever be so I guess there's that? It's silly to pretend that looks never enter into other people's perceptions unless they bring them up, but there's nothing like a stranger's photo on the internet to bring up lots of unfortunate invective that could probably gently caress with your head in a big way if you were sensitive to it.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Well yes, but face it, you weren't interested in dating her in the first place. You're only bringing up her appearance in terms of making GBS threads on someone. That's irrelevant to her terrible opinions.

Ok, lets parse this out, why am I not interested?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Because she's a right-wing rear end in a top hat who doesn't even realise her own privileges in the current system. Frankly the idea of being interested in such a person is alien to me, but you're here, in this thread, acting like that despite those dealbreakers, the literal one reason she's undateable is due to her being over the average waistband.

Are you going to pretend to me that you're dying to date Ann Coulter or S. E. Cupp or any of these right-wing peeps?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Maybe we shouldn't have this stupid argument in this thread and just drop it you oversensitive pedants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAve9OR-Fyo

I guess its now a rule that every Glenn Beck video is more incoherent than the last, drat you Hollywood for not saving the Jews :argh:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

StandardVC10 posted:

/\/\/\/\ Her solution is sunglasses?

Her solution is to dress in a manner tantamount to a balding man purchasing a Corvette.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Because she's a right-wing rear end in a top hat who doesn't even realise her own privileges in the current system. Frankly the idea of being interested in such a person is alien to me, but you're here, in this thread, acting like that despite those dealbreakers, the literal one reason she's undateable is due to her being over the average waistband.

Are you going to pretend to me that you're dying to date Ann Coulter or S. E. Cupp or any of these right-wing peeps?

No, not interested, for obvious reasons, for purely superficial reasons. If we make the assumption that both body weight and political leanings are influenced by social exposures and societal pressure it stands to reason that either would have an element that is at least partially beyond our control without self recognition. So, if either state is a result of at least a margin of predisposition, what justifies judging one more harshly than the other? Also given that both traits, body weight and political leaning are completely within the control of the individual despite predispositions to either, what makes it ok to call someones opinions detestable but off limits to comment on their personal caretaking? Especially when one of the core tenets of the outspoken position of the individual in question is personal responsibility?

SedanChair posted:

Her solution is to dress in a manner tantamount to a balding man purchasing a Corvette.

Palin doesn't have any political substance to fall back on, can you imagine how horrifying it must be to know your entire brand is built on your appearance and accent and to wake up in the morning with new wrinkles? Those heels will be at least an inch taller before the end of next year.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 11, 2014

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Is there an image macro contrasting all of the attractive Democrat men with all of the fuggo Republican men? Because it would be nice to see something countering their stupid bullshit and objectifying men at the same time.

E: I did some googling and actually I don't think I could find enough attractive men from either side to fill one half of a macro. Disappointing.

mr. mephistopheles fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 11, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Is there an image macro contrasting all of the attractive Democrat men with all of the fuggo Republican men? Because it would be nice to see something countering their stupid bullshit and objectifying men at the same time.

The GOP would probably shrug it off saying "Oh, those men are all (closeted) gays!"

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

The GOP would probably shrug it off saying "Oh, those men are all (closeted) gays!"

At which point I would spam shirtless photos of Aaron Schock (who is probably the best looking person currently in politics, man or woman).

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

SedanChair posted:

Living in Shoreline or Edmonds ain't really any different from living in Seattle. Both are a world away from Omak or Cle Elum.

Maybe it's pure coincidence, but everyone I've ever known from Omak has actually been a flaming liberal. Granted, all of them live in either Spokane or Seattle now, so...

The craziest Washingtonians I've run into have been Bremertonians ("gut the government, gently caress the poor, but don't you dare touch my vet benefits"). I got my undergraduate degree in Spokane, and while I met my fair share of fundies and Paulites there, they were at least less brazenly hypocritical.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Scarborough is less a host than the ringmaster of a terrible morning show circus. There are segments where they have seven or eight people on at once and it's just crosstalk with the occasional "aren't I just a card" dismissive comment toward Mika and lots of Starbucks product placement. Since nobody has apparently ever watched all three hours of Morning Joe, I should point out that many mornings, most of the 8:00-8:30 segment is just the 6:00-6:30 segment repeated. Not that they rehash those topics, it's replayed. The only difference is that the little "Live" graphic on the top banner is gone.

If he runs, he'll probably end up on Fox News afterward. MSNBC will replace him with someone worse, somehow, because god forbid that a morning show actually discuss news in a serious, respectful manner.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

You're better than this. You can think she's a piece of poo poo, you can think she's unattractive, but posting the photo you did, which was entirely focusing on her weight, is lovely. You don't have to be attracted to fat people or chubby people or even 'filled-out' or 'meat-on-their-bones' people, but if you're claiming to not be the very dittohead who's the subject of this thread, you should at least try your hand at not judging people on their appearance at the slightest provocation. Chris Christie is fat, no-one good cares. This woman is fat, no-one good cares. Leave your judgements to your internal thought processes or get your arse into YLLS and make Shine proud.

This is something SJW types don't seem to get... Chris Christie is fat, it has nothing to do with him being a piece of poo poo as a human being, but good people can care if he weighs somewhere well north of four bills while he's looking to run for president- a high stress job that ages the best of em in short time. If a by all account horrible human being (by virtue of posting on Breitbart, running CPAC etc.) is talking about dating and relationships of course her looks matter, no different than a fedora laden UberGoon wondering aloud why the ladies don't seem to want to come over to see his Magic Card collection or sponge on a stick. In spite of what Tumblr may tell you, looks do matter when it comes to mating so in this case a photo seems pretty germane.

I will agree with you on one point though, no one good does care since she's self selecting Republican Men.

skaboomizzy posted:

If he runs, he'll probably end up on Fox News afterward. MSNBC will replace him with someone worse, somehow, because god forbid that a morning show actually discuss news in a serious, respectful manner.

Joe would be stupid to run, even stupider to change networks when he has the head of MSNBC more or less in his pocket at this point- going so far as to have guests that bad mouth him on other shows banned from the network.

Plus you know.....the whole dead girl thing.

GoatSeeGuy fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 11, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

skaboomizzy posted:

They could just rerun their evening shows and probably get the same numbers.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

GoatSeeGuy posted:

I love this picture.

Liberals:
  • Senior Advisor to the President
  • Activist
  • Secretary of State/US Senator
  • Supreme Court Justice
  • UC President/Secretary of Homeland Security/Governor of Arizona/Attorney General of Arizona
  • Activist/Journalist
  • Activist
  • US Senator/Chairman of the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence/Chairman of the International Narcotics Control Caucus/Chairman of the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration/Mayor of San Francisco
  • Comedian/Actress
  • Comedian/Activist

Conservatives:
  • Actress
  • Political commentator
  • Podcaster
  • News anchor
  • Columnist/Speechwriter
  • Columnist/Author
  • Governor of Alaska/Mayor of Wasilla
  • Journalist
  • Writer
  • Talk radio host

Shelly Roche doesn't even have a Wikipedia page. The liberals in positions of power outnumber the conservatives 5-to-1 if you're being generous and counting Sarah Palin. (You shouldn't be generous.)

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

SedanChair posted:

Jesus dude. Is there some prize for being the most insufferable politigoon?

Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

SedanChair posted:

You're not supposed to age.

Sarah Palin is well aware of this, and here is her solution:

I'm not sure how I feel about Sarah Palin dressing up like the white trash mom from Sons of Anarchy.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VirtualStranger posted:

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/2010_census/cb12-50.html

"Urban areas — defined as densely developed residential, commercial and other nonresidential areas -- now account for 80.7 percent of the U.S. population, up from 79.0 percent in 2000. Although the rural population -- the population in any areas outside of those classified as “urban” — grew by a modest amount from 2000 to 2010, it continued to decline as a percentage of the national population."

Urban areas include suburban areas as a part of census measurements which you can ignore if you're sloppy about definitions, sure, but I'd also like to believe in a world where four out of five Americans live in cities. Good things might happen then.

quote:

The Census Bureau's urban areas represent densely developed territory and encompass residential, commercial, and other nonresidential urban land uses. The Census Bureau identifies two types of urban areas: “urbanized areas” of 50,000 or more people and “urban clusters” of at least 2,500 and less than 50,000 people. “Rural” encompasses all population, housing and territory not included within an urban area.

As long as a jurisdiction has 2,500 people in it then it counts as urban. Whatever.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 11, 2014

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

SedanChair posted:

Hey, leave Diamond Joe out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GoatSeeGuy posted:

"I can't find anyone I deem worthy to date."

When did Dawn French become a Republican?