Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

What the gently caress is happening to Kirschen? He's been on an anti-roll since the new year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

He has been drawing better though. Maybe the more hateful he gets the better he draws?

This is a repost from 2004, or maybe 1904.

Kirschen's politics are independent of outside influences, he just varies in what part of his genocidal brain he wants to proudly show off this week, and how he can thinly tie it to what's going on. Asay was pretty similar in that way.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Did he seriously release a loving cartoon about miscegenation bullshit?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Damnation to loving heck.

Still fairly jilting, if only relative to Kirschen's own sphere of evil.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Haha, "they want to sex us until we don't exist :cry:" is an exact anti-miscegenation argument that white supremacists use. Nice bedfellow you have there, '04-Kirschen.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

The copyright says 04. Did he recycle this or is he actually 10 years behind the times? Or maybe 110 years behind?

E:fb :mad:

MetalixK
Aug 12, 2013
Are we CERTAIN Kirschen is not from some alternate universe where Hitler was Jewish? Cause I'll be damned if he doesn't come off as such.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The majority of Jews I know (notably including myself) are crossbreeds of some sort or another. They're all still Jewish. If Kirschen really cared rather than just being a hateful old gently caress, he'd be encouraging us to gently caress as many people as possible.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

The Wizard of Oz posted:

This is a repost from 2004, or maybe 1904.

Ceiling fan posted:

The copyright says 04. Did he recycle this or is he actually 10 years behind the times? Or maybe 110 years behind?

E:fb :mad:

Office Pig posted:

Damnation to loving heck.

Still fairly jilting, if only relative to Kirschen's own sphere of evil.

I'm pretty sure its a typo, like accidentally writing 2013 or something. There is zero indication on his blog that this is a repeat, and usually he'll post something along the lines of "THIS GOLDEN OLDIE IS FROM WHEN I WAS RACIST AGAINST CHINA" or some poo poo.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Why are you drawing Shirley Temple as a little girl when she was in her 80s? :qq:" She was transcendently famous as a child and then lived a respectable, quiet life. (And do you really think her getting cushy diplomatic positions had nothing to do with her being a righteous symbol of all that was good and pure in America, when she was a child?)

I think it makes absolute sense to draw her as she appeared at the height of her fame. Nobody had a problem with Andy Griffith obits showing him slim with dark hair (and he was famous in old age). How many of you people would've recognized a caricature of current-day Shirley Temple, or even a young adult Shirley Temple? There are all kinds of problem with St. Peter-type cartoons but this is a stretch.

e: I will say that Bish's was awful but that's just because Bish is awful.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So this is basically calling for racial purity. It's the only way I can take this oh my god :psyduck: The mud races are going to destroy the glorious Jewish race. Well the white European Jewish race. The jewish people from Africa get forced sterilization after all

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Remember, Netanyahu had to deny allegations that his son was dating a Norwegian woman.

quote:

"I know friends of mine who invest tens of millions and more, hundreds of millions to fight assimilation in the world," commented Deri. "If G-d forbid it's true, woe to us. ...I hope it's not true."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:psyduck: Among American Jews, dating/marrying non-Jews is a time-honored tradition. In Israel that's worth a scandal?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The drat French and their words!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

:psyduck: Among American Jews, dating/marrying non-Jews is a time-honored tradition. In Israel that's worth a scandal?

Yea I've legit never heard anyone but the most orthodox of us get all mad about 'mixed breeds' or whatever the gently caress, but over in Israel the 'identity of blood' is way more a thing. It's basically the siege mentality thing, I doubt most Jews care about Norway as a thing, but the main issue is, to them, if the PM's kid loving a Scandinavian is accepted than what if their son or daughter fucks an Arab?!

It's a slippery slope, you see.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

"Millions of Americans unemployed because of their spending, and flotus tweets a pic of her dogs 'dining' on china and adds 'bone appetite'?!?"

Is Muir using "their" to blame the Americans for spending themselves into unemployment, or referring to the Obama familytence?

I already know what he meant, but god drat does Muir suck at basic sentence structure.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
"How is this boat gonna get anywhere if you aren't doing triple shifts rowing it? What do you mean there are millions of other people who'll be happy to have a go at the oars for the other 16 hours a day???"

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I've legit never heard anyone but the most orthodox of us get all mad about 'mixed breeds' or whatever the gently caress, but over in Israel the 'identity of blood' is way more a thing. It's basically the siege mentality thing, I doubt most Jews care about Norway as a thing, but the main issue is, to them, if the PM's kid loving a Scandinavian is accepted than what if their son or daughter fucks an Arab?!

It's a slippery slope, you see.

I learned this firsthand when a Jewish friend of my sister married a dude from Jordan. Her family in the US was pretty cool with it. Her family in Israel disowned her.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

You must have been fortunate enough to never cross paths with uber-Orthodox shithead Haredi Idiosyncrasy back before he finally got banned for, well, being a shithead. He argued in more than one thread that it was a serious moral evil for non-Jews to even date Jews if they didn't fully intend to convert (and accept that even if they did convert, they'd never be "real" Jews like him).

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

It's fascinating how Muir will parrot the latest talking point but with added frills of bullshit no one on earth cares about. Like he can't just stick with tthe 2.3 MILLION JOBS LOST thing, he tacks on some complaint about some random picture.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lance Streetman posted:

I learned this firsthand when a Jewish friend of my sister married a dude from Jordan. Her family in the US was pretty cool with it. Her family in Israel disowned her.

Yep had a few friends with that situation too. Literally everyone but the Israeli families "Oh, cool she seems like a nice lady, I'm glad you're gonna give us some grandkids", the handful of Israelis "SHE'S A FUCKIN (anything not Jewish)?!"

I know these statements are played out but it legit makes me very sad that a nation founded by people who endured purges and genocide seems to have no issue with it when they're the protected class.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yep had a few friends with that situation too. Literally everyone but the Israeli families "Oh, cool she seems like a nice lady, I'm glad you're gonna give us some grandkids", the handful of Israelis "SHE'S A FUCKIN (anything not Jewish)?!"

I know these statements are played out but it legit makes me very sad that a nation founded by people who endured purges and genocide seems to have no issue with it when they're the protected class.

I recall one incident where a local radio station did a prank call on some woman's uber religous parents. They said she was marrying a scummy guy. The joke was supposed to be how gross the dude they were describing was but it got incredibly awkward when the parents started absolutely browbeating the poo poo out of her on air about marrying a dude who wasn't Jewish. You could tell the hosts had no loving idea where to go with it/

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Didn't Kirchen change his name so he could assimilate better?

Lance Streetman posted:

Well at least they just disowned her instead of trying to sterilize the dude. :v:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The parallels between the Pogroms in Russia/Kristallnacht and the Jewish treatment of Palestinians has not gone unnoticed by most. It's almost like they've learned absolutely nothing of Moral Myopia or the judgement of a nation built on discrimination.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It's worth remembering that large segments of the Israeli population are politically self-identified around what are viewed as fringe conceptions of Judaism outside the country. This is also reflected in parts of their legal system, and it's not without certain precedents in historic law, in which Judaism passed strictly by matrilineal descent(there were also patrilineal periods as well, iirc- it's been awhile since I looked this up). This matrilineal concept is still dominant enough in some quarters of Israel that it was (at least briefly) used in a case contesting the right of return, and there was a discussion of using genetic testing to confirm jewishness for would-be Israeli immigrants, although I think that ultimately didn't go anywhere. There are more reasons than the unpleasant eugenic overtones that went into quashing that effort- I won't get into it, but using genetic ancestry markers to determine descent, let alone race, is incredibly poor science.

edit: This article has a pretty good description of one of the waves of the practice, although it looks like the genetic screening policy crops back up in Israeli politics roughly every couple years.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 12, 2014

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

So she died and turned into Baby Doll?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Really? This poo poo is new to y'all? It comes up regularly in the Israeli threads and D&D pic ones.

Have a few articles.

And here's one for the American Jews: "Intermarried Jews are lost"

A Latuff about the new internet legislation in Turkey. Sweeping powers to censor whatever sites the government pleases, is the gist of the new law.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Christmas Present posted:

I don't think the bill would stand up to a court challenge, though. Imagine the first person who denies service to a black person because he believes that God cast out the Hamites.

The Supreme Court already shot down this in Heart of Atlanta Motel v. United States. Also, only one case of note (Korematsu v. United States) has ever survived strict scrutiny. Of course, with this Court's conservative wing fondly reminding us of the Lochner era (in particular their neutering of the Voting Rights Act being reminiscent of Plessy v. Ferguson), we could very well see a bunch more cases (like this proposed Kansas law) survive...

Chandragupta
Sep 2, 2009
Is the anti-intermarriage view common among conservatives in Israel? It seems a whole lot like the "miscegenation is genocide" thing that Neo Nazis like to post on Youtube comments.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You must have been fortunate enough to never cross paths with uber-Orthodox shithead Haredi Idiosyncrasy back before he finally got banned for, well, being a shithead. He argued in more than one thread that it was a serious moral evil for non-Jews to even date Jews if they didn't fully intend to convert (and accept that even if they did convert, they'd never be "real" Jews like him).

The first part of that appears to be predictable shitheadedness, but the last part is straight-up against The Teachings. The way I've always known it is that rabbis will try to make sure you're absolutely 100% serious and hardcore before letting you convert, but then after you convert you are Jewish. Full stop. Part of the family. This was considered important enough to make a big point of it. It sounds like this guy would even try to say I'M not Jewish since my parents are interfaith, and I've never been anything else.

So yeah basically it sounds like that guy was a serious shithead.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Chandragupta posted:

Is the anti-intermarriage view common among conservatives in Israel? It seems a whole lot like the "miscegenation is genocide" thing that Neo Nazis like to post on Youtube comments.

Yes - my parents (who are both from Israel), who are moderate at worst on most issues, are rabidly anti-interracial marriage and have basically hinted to my brother (not so subtlely) several times that they would more-than-likely disown him if he considered marrying his very nice Peruvian-American girlfriend. And it's the sentiment shared by virtually every Israeli person I interact with, so it's not a limited sentiment.

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

Heard joke once. Man goes to Doctor. Says he's depressed, cartoons are poo poo, thoughtless. Says he feels all alone in conservative world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Good cartoonist Clay Bennett is in thread. Go see his drawings. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor" He says, "I am Bennett." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

WarpedNaba posted:

The parallels between the Pogroms in Russia/Kristallnacht and the Jewish treatment of Palestinians has not gone unnoticed by most. It's almost like they've learned absolutely nothing of Moral Myopia or the judgement of a nation built on discrimination.

Nationalism at work...introspection never works for these fucks, even if they have some serius heavy case studies.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

So Muir, tell me more about how rich people spending money somehow increase unemployment. :allears:

If that's true, then we can't let them keep all that wealth, the temptation to spend it would be too strong. Better to redistribute it just to be on the safe side, don't you think?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

The first part of that appears to be predictable shitheadedness, but the last part is straight-up against The Teachings. The way I've always known it is that rabbis will try to make sure you're absolutely 100% serious and hardcore before letting you convert, but then after you convert you are Jewish. Full stop. Part of the family. This was considered important enough to make a big point of it. It sounds like this guy would even try to say I'M not Jewish since my parents are interfaith, and I've never been anything else.

So yeah basically it sounds like that guy was a serious shithead.

Oh lord was he ever.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chainsawdomy posted:

Do you think Shirley Temple's upset that upon death her soul reverted to prepubescence? Apparently her political career is irrelevant to the almighty.
Its like she would become Babydoll from the Batman cartoon

Note this isn't just about Philip Hoffman dying, but Western PA has gotten hit pretty hard by some deadly powerful heroin.

Though Horsey did this cartoon in the early 2000s iirc

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

When he says "their" is he talking about the unemployed spending their money or the Obamas?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

cafel posted:

So Muir, tell me more about how rich people spending money somehow increase unemployment. :allears:

No, you see, the government spending causes unemployment, because reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Vogon Poet posted:

No, you see, the government spending causes unemployment, because reasons.

Eh, calling out Michelle Obama and the photo involving a well set table comes across as directly attacking the spending of the First Family. I guess if the words government comes anywhere near a personal fortune the money turns bad and starts killing jobs.

• Locked thread