Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

also reminder that Danica has never killed a spectator

Killing off NASCAR fans is a plus not a minus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

gret posted:

Killing off NASCAR fans is a plus not a minus.

It's mostly suicides these days, though.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it was a NHRA event :ssh:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys.

Guys.

SRA Races this weekend.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

VikingSkull posted:

it was a NHRA event :ssh:

What happened?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

VikingSkull posted:

e- also when Richard Petty can win either as a driver or owner in the year of Our Lord 2014 then I'll care what he thinks

Might as well put everybody in this here thread on ignore then.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

bigbillystyle posted:

When essentially the only living legend of the sport speaks out to how horrible you are that has to be a pretty big blow to the ego right before speedweeks.

Danica Patrick released a reaction:

"LALALALALALALALALALALALA I can't hear him LALALALALA GODADDY, GOGODADDY, I am the best and Richard Petty is picking on me LALALALALALALA!"

e- Brian Williams (NASCAR fan) just brought the story up on the NBC News.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 11, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

In '64 Chrysler showed up at Daytona with the first 426 Hemis. Cleaned house, tore up the year, Petty gets his first Cup. Ford shows up with a modified SOHC 427 side oiler now known as a Cammer, to get it approved for '65. Chrysler, being the loving nutjobs they were at the time, sees this happening and mocks up a DOHC 426 Hemi that was probably good for 700hp. Their intention, though, is to get the SOHC 427 banned. They succeed. France is a huge dick, though, and bans the '64 Hemi, too. Chrysler cries and pulls out, sending Petty to the NHRA for '65.

Didn't last long, in February of '65 his suspension broke and the Barracuda went off the track, hitting several people and killing a kid.

Needless to say, Chrysler strikes a deal where they put 426 Hemis in street cars starting in '66, gets the engine back in NASCAR and the King goes back to stock cars.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

In '64 Chrysler showed up at Daytona with the first 426 Hemis. Cleaned house, tore up the year, Petty gets his first Cup. Ford shows up with a modified SOHC 427 side oiler now known as a Cammer, to get it approved for '65. Chrysler, being the loving nutjobs they were at the time, sees this happening and mocks up a DOHC 426 Hemi that was probably good for 700hp. Their intention, though, is to get the SOHC 427 banned. They succeed. France is a huge dick, though, and bans the '64 Hemi, too. Chrysler cries and pulls out, sending Petty to the NHRA for '65.

Didn't last long, in February of '65 his suspension broke and the Barracuda went off the track, hitting several people and killing a kid.

Needless to say, Chrysler strikes a deal where they put 426 Hemis in street cars starting in '66, gets the engine back in NASCAR and the King goes back to stock cars.

Petty wouldn't have won in '64 if they had the Chase :colbert:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Who's ready for NASCAR 'Murica?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/2/11/nascar-nbc-sports-new-daily-show-after-daytona-500.html

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

It's a dumb idea.

NBCSN has rights to (By all accounts) the three biggest racing series in the world. Why devote all the effort towards just focusing one series?

An RPM2NIGHT revival would be so much cooler. I mean you could have a daily show to discuss anything awesome. You could do a special show about "The Chili Bowl", be at Daytona for speedweeks, or at Indy for the month of may.

Now...I do think a weekly show for NASCAR would be intriguing if handled right. But it feels like anytime NASCAR gets a daily anything it turns into one giant, massive circle jerk.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Are the fonts on NASCAR.com italicized enough?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's a dumb idea.

NBCSN has rights to (By all accounts) the three biggest racing series in the world. Why devote all the effort towards just focusing one series?

They secured motogp?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Uncle Jam posted:

They secured motogp?

No, I think he means WEC.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

quote:

NBC NASCAR analyst Jeff Burton, as well as TNT analyst Kyle Petty, drivers Bobby Labonte and Ken Schrader and crew chief Frank Stoddard, will rotate as guest analysts. NBC motorsports reporters Marty Snider and Kelly Stavast will be on the show daily for news updates.

NBC’s IndyCar play-by-play voice Leigh Diffey also will serve as a host of the show. IndyCar and Formula One talent for NBC — Wally Dallenbach, Townsend Bell, Steve Matchett, David Hobbs and Will Buxton — also will contribute.

In theory this would work a lot better than I had originally thought, but are they going to rebrand it when the "other" aforementioned talent is on the network?

You also certainly want Robin Miller in on this to give his two cents.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

In theory this would work a lot better than I had originally thought, but are they going to rebrand it when the "other" aforementioned talent is on the network?

You also certainly want Robin Miller in on this to give his two cents.

Yeah, that article is kinda confusing. Like, is David Hobbs going to be on talking about NASCAR? That poo poo will be gold. Or is the F1 team just gonna stop by 'NASCAR in 'Murica' to chat about F1 for a minute? Both seem odd.

vv Well that's pretty cool. Still will be weird though.

poopzilla fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 11, 2014

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

poopzilla posted:

Yeah, that article is kinda confusing. Like, is David Hobbs going to be on talking about NASCAR? That poo poo will be gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g5Y61TrjZE

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Who watches daily 'zine shows anymore when you have the internet, anyway?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I know it's NBC's call, but NASCAR America being co-hosted by an Australian is the most NASCAR thing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CBJSprague24 posted:

I know it's NBC's call, but NASCAR America being co-hosted by an Australian is the most NASCAR thing.

He's an American Citizen, he's your problem now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

LordPants posted:

He's an American Citizen, he's your problem now.

Not complaining at all. Leigh Diffey owns.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Not complaining at all. Leigh Diffey owns.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is NASCAR. We need less Leigh Diffey and more Joe Diffie!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bad news: I'm going to be stuck out of town due to the weather until Saturday night.

Good news: The second flight to get me home has Satellite TV and FOX is in their lineup, so I'm watching the Shootout after all on Delta. :hellyeah:

e- For the first time, the race is on FS1. Get hosed, NASCAR.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 12, 2014

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
http://luvender.com/flappydale/

you're welcome, Nascar thread.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

L_Harrison posted:

Click up Dale, noooooooooooo.

e: Only thing missing is a sound bite of after you hit and fall and hear DW saying "I hope Dale is ok."

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 13, 2014

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

L_Harrison posted:

Retsuprae would have a field day with how awful I am at this game.

EDIT: Take a close look at this pic of David Ragan's CSX car for this year:

"Raildroad"

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 13, 2014

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Call it the Rail'd Road and it's folksy I guess

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
foamers. foamers never change

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

BMB5150 posted:

Click up Dale, noooooooooooo.

e: Only thing missing is a sound bite of after you hit and fall and hear DW saying "I hope Dale is ok."
:drat:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

L_Harrison posted:

That C&D came quick.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Someone should request that he comply with their request to put it back up except with this

BMB5150 posted:

a sound bite of after you hit and fall and hear DW saying "I hope Dale is ok."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Elitist Bitch posted:

That C&D came quick.

Heh. "I'm going to take my original game down because I'm horrified people got addicted to it, but DAMNIT YOU BETTER NOT COPY IT AND REPOST!".

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
Daytona 500 entry list is out. The most important thing? We gotta root for Reed Sorenson so kids can eat free.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Anyone seen SRA's new car?

Alamo makes for a drat good livery.

Good luck on Saturday bud!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

Anyone seen SRA's new car?

Alamo makes for a drat good livery.

Good luck on Saturday bud!

I have not, please to post it

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

I have not, please to post it

Beautiful.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one, Fuzzy my boy.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one, Fuzzy my boy.

Something about putting blue and yellow seems to go good together.

I keep thinking of Bobby Hamilton's ride back in the day, or the old Earnhardt paint scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Allegiant Air scheme was so much better.

• Locked thread