Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Ordered Parisian Restaurant and the Curiosity Rover. Free Piece of Resistance was added to my order, which is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Damnit, Metalbeard's Sea Cow apparently doesn't have the golden octopus from the movie. That thing was the one thing that stood out the most for my fiance throughout the movie, and would have given me a good excuse to buy it in her eyes. drat you, LEGO!

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

Wow, had no idea it existed...however I can't seem to figure out if they are available for purchase on the website? I can't find any other information about it on the Lego Educational website.

Edit: Looking closer at the picture, it looks more like they are DUPLO size.

Rathina fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 12, 2014

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The Rage posted:

Fred Meyer Lego clearance rampage continues. Picked up the Z-95 for $20 today.

Man, my Fred Meyer had exactly one set on clearance: 60025 Grand Prix Truck. For $24 down from $30, then 50% off that. I grabbed two.

My Target had the Galactic Titan on clearance, but I didn't feel like paying $70 for it even though it's 30% off.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

jeeves posted:

Damnit, Metalbeard's Sea Cow apparently doesn't have the golden octopus from the movie. That thing was the one thing that stood out the most for my fiance throughout the movie, and would have given me a good excuse to buy it in her eyes. drat you, LEGO!

drat. That's enough to push it behind Emmett's Construction Mech for me.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
Meh, if it's the right size, I'm willing to buy some gold spray paint and use one of my old octopuses.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

I have made something again. In space, there is naturally not only warfare and research being made. People also want to go on holiday. For that they need...

The Orion class Camper

Now includes the Space Jet Canoe. Space Toilet not included

We're so alike! Yet totally different, you know?

Visist exotic camping facilities

Meet new people and cultures

If there were ever people camping in the far reaches of space, you can bet they'd be Germans

More here.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That bumper sticker owns.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

parque bynch posted:

Meh, if it's the right size, I'm willing to buy some gold spray paint and use one of my old octopuses.

It was a crazy MOC-esque octopus, not one of the generic ones.

It may have just been in the flashback scenes or something, and not on the crazy gear-covered version with the mech Metalbeard.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Space camper is awesome!

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

xzzy posted:

That bumper sticker owns.

Thanks, it was the first thing I thought of once I had decided on what to build!

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
So just visited Target in Columbus today and they had Rancor Pits for 32.89 and AT-TEs for 49.98. I picked up the last AT-TE, but saw a couple more Rancor Pits. I was a little sad that the Gunship wasn't on sale but, I think I still got a pretty sweet deal as it is.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Crazy Pigeon posted:

So just visited Target in Columbus today and they had Rancor Pits for 32.89 and AT-TEs for 49.98. I picked up the last AT-TE, but saw a couple more Rancor Pits. I was a little sad that the Gunship wasn't on sale but, I think I still got a pretty sweet deal as it is.

I live in Columbus and I'd totally buy almost any other set with that kind of sale but the Rancor Pit is just incredibly boring. Was it originally supposed to be part of Jabba's Palace and spun off as a cost-saving measure?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I paid $30 for the Rancor Pit last weekend, and yeah, it's loving boring as poo poo. I wouldn't recommend unless you either really want that Rancor or already have Jabba's Palace. It's just grey skeleton of a box with a big gate. Whoopty-fuckin-do.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I paid $30 for the Rancor Pit last weekend, and yeah, it's loving boring as poo poo. I wouldn't recommend unless you either really want that Rancor or already have Jabba's Palace. It's just grey skeleton of a box with a big gate. Whoopty-fuckin-do.

Just view it as parts. It has a pretty good array of light/dark bluish grey. Not bad for $30.

With a metric ton of those tan 1x2's with the crease that lego loves to cram into every set they can fit them into.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Cloks posted:

I live in Columbus and I'd totally buy almost any other set with that kind of sale but the Rancor Pit is just incredibly boring. Was it originally supposed to be part of Jabba's Palace and spun off as a cost-saving measure?

It's probably its own set due to that Rancor figure. Probably cost a pretty penny to build a new mold for that and it can't really be used in any other set ever. I already got Jabbas Palace last year for around 60 dollars or so and just wanted to complete the two together. Just glad I didn't have to pay like 200 dollars for them together.

Edit: Oh, if anyone in Columbus wants to buy that AT-TE set off me, I'm willing to sell it. I used a gift card and was hoping to get a little extra cash on it from craigslist since I already have one. But if it's a goon I'll just sell it for basically the price I paid.

Crazy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 13, 2014

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
For $16 I was able to pick up #5891 apple tree house, and 5770 lighthouse, however it seems to be that they were not as complete as I hoped they were (For $16 I was willing to take the risk haha). Both sets were mixed together, so I'm slowly trying to go down the box lists to see if maybe I just need to pick up a few pieces on bricklink to make them complete, but 2 hours later and only a 1/3rd of the way through one box list and I have realized that it's not worth my time to really see which pieces I am missing and trying to track them down. For sure I already know I am missing the apple tree, mailbox and lawn mower. No idea how complete the lighthouse is, I may try to go through that list another day.

So my real question, is are any of the pieces in these two sets considered rare at all? At this point I'm thinking of throwing the empty boxes and instruction manuals up on Ebay and letting my kids have the bricks to build with.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Those are 2x2 tiles though. 1x1 tiles would be more useful most the time.

Also, here is my clearance haul from last week: :getin:

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

Fozzie Bear posted:

Ok, a bit of a strange request for everyone here.

Currently Lego has a buy $50 worth of lego and you get a small set for free

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/THE-LEGO-MOVIE-Free-Gift?icmp=COUS6HomeSH2TheLEGOMovieGWP#shopxlink

The set comes with a small coupon on the back for a free childrens entrance to legoland. I was wondering if anyone had this, who is not planning on using the free childrens entrance to legoland, and would be willing to sell it to me. We just got one, but could use one more to save money when we take a trip to california the first week of March.

bit of a long shot, but I thought it might be worth checking.

Thanks

Hey guys, I posted this a few days back, Asphyxious was kind enough to offer, but they did not send the freebie to Austrailia, so I'm still looking.

anyone able to help me out?

Thanks

Fozzie Bear fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 14, 2014

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

I'm sure some of you remember I built the classic space ship from the Benny movie poster a while ago. At the time I had designed a few others in LDD with similar design features. It's been an off and on project since then, and I may yet build the snub fighter version. I've kinda finished(needs like 4 bricks in the correct color) a larger ship. I thought about changing it to dark blay and blue, but never ordered the pieces i needed to convert it. Maybe later. It weighs in at 363 bricks. So here it is in horrible camera phone pictures and I really need a better place to take pictures than my kitchen island.

Benny piloting and yellow guy in the back as a gunner.

With all my other medium to large sized classic space sets.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

djfooboo posted:

Those are 2x2 tiles though. 1x1 tiles would be more useful most the time.

Nice, you managed to snag the two best Lone Ranger sets.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Though I am curious about your sorting style. Are those bins divided by theme or maybe brick type?

Also, those spaceships rule.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Turns out a nearby cinema is showing the Lego movie undubbed. (Albeit only the 3D version.) Booked tickets for me and my parents for the showing tomorrow. :woop:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

xzzy posted:

Though I am curious about your sorting style. Are those bins divided by theme or maybe brick type?

I sort by brick type for the most part. Here is my baseline sort categories:

-bricks
-plates
-sloped/curved
-modified brick/plate + uncategorized
-minifig stuff
-minifigs
-vehicle items + printed
-SNOT
-smooths
-1x2 plate + half offset
-technic
-angle plates
-windows/doors
-axles
-tires
-weird colors
-round stuff
-1x1 round/square + tiny stuff (flowers, etc.)

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

djfooboo posted:

Mine looks pretty identical. I love and hate the sales that go on around this time of year. I rarely buy sets at retail price anymore, so I end up with a huge credit card bill around this time yearly.

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007
Seem's the AT-TE's are on clearance all over now. Wife just picked me up one from Target (bayfair in east bay).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Gentlemen, I saw the Lego Movie. Everything is indeed awesome.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Do any of you guys have these thrid party articulated mini-legs?

I love the idea, but I'd like to hear some opinions before I buy a bunch of 'em.

Speaking of which, any other third party companies you guys like?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Quality seems crap, you can see seams even on the thumbnails.

The brickarms guys seem to make decent stuff, good quality plastic. Haven't really seen any others that do good.. the molds might be good, but it's that lovely almost translucent plastic.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

ltr posted:

Awesome classic space stuff

These are wonderful! Do you have LDD files of Benny's movie ship and this latest one by any chance?

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

deoju posted:

Speaking of which, any other third party companies you guys like?

There's a company that makes football and baseball players. Overpriced, but I've bought a few of my favorite players.

"Communist Lego" did a great review recently of about 30 knock off companies. A few seemed like pretty good quality.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Pirate Ken posted:

There's a company that makes football and baseball players. Overpriced, but I've bought a few of my favorite players.

"Communist Lego" did a great review recently of about 30 knock off companies. A few seemed like pretty good quality.

What company makes the baseball players?

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

An attempt at diagonal design. Not a fan of the colour scheme, but I've always been bad at that.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

mattfl posted:

My guess is that he's talking about these guys: http://www.oyosportstoys.com/Baseball

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

mattfl posted:

Oyo. I got my wife a Jayson Werth figure for christmas. They're certainly not Lego quality, but they're not bad and are the right size. They come with baseballs that fit to the hand or mitt which is kind of cool.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Valentine's Day gift from MY GIRLFRIEND :love:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Lego patent application! That is some mega nerd business right there (in a good way)

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

How the heck do you go about getting one of those for display?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

djfooboo posted:

Valentine's Day gift from MY GIRLFRIEND :love:

I tried to get the dude that used to do T-Shirts here on SA to do a shirt of one of these, but he got banned or something :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Rythe posted:

How the heck do you go about getting one of those for display?

They are available on the web to print yourself, or you could buy off eBay. Then buy a double plate glass frame and be classy.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.XLEGO+PATENT&_nkw=LEGO+PATENT&_sacat=0&_from=R40