Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You leave this tomb and walk on. You fight. Some battles you win. Some you do not. Eventually you fall in battle and lay upon the desolate surface of this cursed world in agony and anguish as your Foe does great savageness to your body after you can no longer move or resist.

You hear a great noise, flame, a flame of great size, even greater than the blue flames, hundreds of miles long which race across the continents.

The light pierces the ashen sky through which nothing has been seen in... years... many long years...

You feel an intense flame as it approaches, your flesh is scolding even now. But you see what it is as it approaches...

A sword. Impossibly large, it dwarfs the moon. You see three characters on the side of the sword and though you have not seen them before, know at once what they say.

Law

You know who owns this sword, there are none more well known. It descends to save those who are worthy, to punish and obliterate that which is wicked. Since you were a young child you have known who owned this sword. In Athar, on those long nights when the men of the village left and your mother prayed for Uncle Jorah's safe return, you learned the name of the one who owns this sword.

And thus it ends

The sword descends... it is coming...

El King of the World
Who causes the sun to rise and to set
And brings the rains in their seasons
Who was Alone when no things were

It is going to strike... it is... large. Too large...

His Children watched the first sunrise
And yet you declare your wisdom
Greater than They Who Are Eternal
And dwell in the Eternal House at His feet

The sky is nothing but flame as the sword nears the world. It dwarfs the sky itself, when it lands, the world shall surely shatter.

THUS SMYTHOS DECLARES

You sense power in these words. Power greater than anything you have felt in your life. Greater than any feeling you have had or being you have interacted with. There is no doubt at all of the magnitude, this, is greater.

After your seed
All this follows

Humble yourself before His Children
And in your long years
Bind the Eternal Hunger
Forever

The sword descends above you and crashes to the world above you.

It is finally ended.

You awaken in your bed as you tumble out of it and fall to the floor.

It is morning. The first rays of the sun stream into your room.

You are to be wed this evening. Snarls yawns and sits up, under your blanket, still on your bed. He looks down at you.

Master-Brother-Father-Bestests-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Friend-Who-Knows-Just-The-Right-Part-of-The-Belly-to-Scratch-to-Make-the-Leg-Kick okay?

You....
A. Go about your day, get ready for your wedding.
B. Do something else before your wedding. All other options are write-ins.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
B go to Ish and take him up on that whole sterilization thing. Because, and stop me if this sounds crazy, having kids may be a bad idea.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

B - Let's wake Ishamal up and get him to zap us, it's about time.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
B Slash our palm with our lucky dagger and pray for hunger.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

B. GET ISHAMAL TO CHOP OFF OUR drat BALLS NOW.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
B. Go to the temple and sacrifice to Smartass. Tell him to gently caress off.

Lmao holy poo poo it's the eunuch committee out in full force.

Hey you guys notice that it's just Smythos saying this? Not EL? Basically, hmmm, I'm a big dumb archangel and I just noticed this guy yelling about EL, better poo poo on him real quick because he didn't do what my puppet Ismail told him to do.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

B Lets go bang all the girls we can find before our wedding!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Aw, Smattas has faith in our Asherah-slaying abilities :unsmith:

Also let's talk to Ishamal about that whole no kids thing... And by that I mean don't let anything come from our balls ever.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mr Apollo posted:

B go to Ish and take him up on that whole sterilization thing. Because, and stop me if this sounds crazy, having kids may be a bad idea.

For the love of El THIS!

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Ishamal: What is it boy? Change your mind?
Ugkidel: :smith: Smattas said I had to

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Find Ishamel, let him do the snip. We can take a hint, Smattas.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Mr Apollo posted:

Yup. I'm pretty convinced what we saw was a prophecy of a world in which we weren't spayed.

quote:

After your seed
All this follows

Cop a quick shot to the nuts and then go get married.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

B: Find Ishamal, go for the magical castration, and ask him what the dream meant.

Dammerung fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 14, 2014

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Mr Apollo posted:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nettle Soup posted:

This

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

B. Go to the temple and sacrifice to Smartass. Tell him to gently caress off.

Lmao holy poo poo it's the eunuch committee out in full force.

Hey you guys notice that it's just Smythos saying this? Not EL? Basically, hmmm, I'm a big dumb archangel and I just noticed this guy yelling about EL, better poo poo on him real quick because he didn't do what my puppet Ismail told him to do.

Yeah, let's piss off an Ophanim because we really need to give the world another idiot kid with superpowers that would poop hard enough to fracture the world if it actually could. Just to spite him and El and everyone they stood for because THEY WOULDN'T GIVE US THE ANSWERS WE DESERVE ABOUT DADDY.
:qqsay:

e:

Diogenes posted:

His Children watched the first sunrise
And yet you declare your wisdom
Greater than They Who Are Eternal

And dwell in the Eternal House at His feet

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 14, 2014

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Nettle Soup posted:

Children are overrated.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
A. Scare tactics don't work on me :colbert:

It can't have been a true prophecy otherwise we would have been shown real details about our loved ones. It was all made up. They're just afraid of what happened in the dream happening in real life, but I beleive its one of many possible endings.

El is eternal, yet in the dream he was no more. Doesnt work buddy.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 14, 2014

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
B

We must not get married. Not yet. We need time to sort this all out.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Also, when we speak to Ishamel, tell him about the dream. Tell him we received a direct message from Smythos.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Nice show. Wonder if he bully's all his siblings this way?

Also, seemed like we were just alone when nothing was.

Wonder why he felt this was all necessary to say something so simple? Flare for the dramatic? Boredom?

He is not a very good people person. No wonder he has problems and couldn't keep us from existing.

Edit: dudes pretty scared. When's the last time he had to whip out his sword do you think?

Sogol fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 14, 2014

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Also find and hug Snarls. Immediately.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
B Go to Ishmael. Tell him to fix you without damaging our power in exchange for the name of our father.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Coq au Nandos posted:

Also find and hug Snarls. Immediately.

Snarls yawns and sits up, under your blanket, still on your bed. He looks down at you.

Master-Brother-Father-Bestests-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Friend-Who-Knows-Just-The-Right-Part-of-The-Belly-to-Scratch-to-Make-the-Leg-Kick okay?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Y'all're scrubs for playing right into this bullshit vision thing.

We know there's conflict in the heavens. We don't know which side we're on OR which side Smythos is on. This could easily turn out to be us giving an easy win to our enemies. I'm all for not having children, but let's not make it permanently impossible until we know more about the motives of the various players here.

Voting A + abstinence + go play our flute :colbert:

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Hm, no vote yet, not a fan of this message though. Strikes me as a bit bullshit. We don't declare our wisdom greater than theirs, it's just that we've had no loving idea what it is they wanted, up until this very moment anyway, and even then we know only what Smattas apparently wants. And drat if it wasn't a bit of a bitchy way to tell us.

How could we have declared ourself wiser than they when we haven't had a chance to contest their wisdom? Unless, that is, Ish actually is a Melachim.

And of course, even though I don't think Enkindel would say this, as a player we know that the Melachim are actually at least a tiny bit hosed up. I wonder what Xuriel would have to say about this.

Still, it was a pretty strong message.

Maybe if we tell Ish to zap us, someone from the other faction will pop down and start ordering us not to.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
B Go talk to Ishamal about the dream. Explain how frustrating it is to not be able to know if it's a prophecy or scare tactics, and if so- why use scare tactics?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

A.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
The questions remain - does Smattas speak for all the Melachim, or is this a rogue element among the Melachim making a point?

Is this a warning - or is it an illusion to get us to dance to "their" tune?

I really think we are making a big mistake by sterilizing - this is what they want, not Enkidel - but can we possibly face Smattas and win? No. We cannot. Not now, not likely ever. Kids are off the table for now. I'm a man of my word - I said if Smattas came to us directly I'd back down, even if I didn't want to.

B - snip, snip, snip - those Melachim bastards.

One day we will have answers. If this was a trick, and not a true warning for the good of mankind.....no mercy.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Last vote a few people said if they wanted us to get snipped they could tell us. Guess what, they just told us. Furthermore, it's not even a little stretch to imagine how generations of multiplying supermen could lead to the end of the world, it's just common sense. I usually love how anti-authoritarian goons are but this is ridiculous.

vvvvvv

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 14, 2014

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A
Sure Enkidel! Your kids are TOTALLY the reason nameless entities whose power dwarfs yours in such a scale that you can't even comprehend it descend and turn the planet into a battleground from which all life perishes in agony and despair.
But don't ask how! Just go get spayed already! Critical thinking is for dorks!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Go talk to ish about this dream about our Balls.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

My interpretation of the dream is that there's a cold war between the heavens and the forces of darkness. Our progeny would upset the delicate balance that exists and lead to all out war. This war will be on such a scale that - win or lose, all will burn to ashes.

Looks if it's just us, we can limit this conflict to us and Asherah. Interestingly, even then we are to bind him, not destroy him

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mr Apollo posted:

+1 Talk to Ish, get snipped. I never wanted kids anyway.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

And on a more d'awwww note:

Bit from IRC posted:

<Dammerung> Oh my gosh, Snarls sleeps in bed with us?
<Diog> he is the little spoon dammerung

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Task Manager posted:

The questions remain - does Smattas speak for all the Melachim, or is this a rogue element among the Melachim making a point?

Is this a warning - or is it an illusion to get us to dance to "their" tune?

I really think we are making a big mistake by sterilizing - this is what they want, not Enkidel .

Look this Smartass didn't even go consult the melachim in charge of us. Who were monitoring us. To get any loving relevant details about us. Do you think he cares? He gives two shits about us other than us being obedient dogs?

He doesn't even know who we love for fucks sake.

And you guys just wanna roll over and lick his boots. Big scary prophecy. From a rogue element? Or does he speak for all melachim and El himself?

gently caress him

Oh hey. Remember in the dream. All our kids died when Zepath fell, or turned. Children. Direct children. We're going to vote to have more than one now? Don't even bring up that joke vote.

And the foe wasn't even our kid. If it was we'd have been hammered in the face with it. Some jerk off who flings giant swords to destroy the world's isn't subtle.

Plus this was initiated by them, the demons. Not us. If it was our fault we'd have our face rubbed in with that.

Lanky Coconut Tree fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 14, 2014

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

no YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD :byodame:

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I don't know guys... on one hand, Ishamal, Azzazel, and this whole dream sequence Diog cooked up all suggest that having super babies is a bad idea. But on the other hand, we could have a whole basketball team of super babies.

Voting B - Ishamal zap our nuts.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B- Please ask Ishamal to make it so we can't have children Better safe than sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

*sigh*

I have really strong suspicions there's some bullshit running around up in this.

But.

We can't fight Smattas. We just can't. If we try to bear kids, he'll straight up smite Zepath. He's smote a city for less before.

We're boxed in, and it sucks.

But hey, at least they don't intend to keep us from fighting Ashera.

B. Do what must be done. Snip.

BUT talk to Naomi after, WITH Ish (so he can't bitch and say we said the wrong thing later), and tell her we're infertile. Ask her if she still wants to marry.

I still really want to ask Jalitha about this, since she's 100% sure to have an opinion, but at this point, I doubt goons will go for it.

Also, I agree with this:

Rahul posted:

My interpretation of the dream is that there's a cold war between the heavens and the forces of darkness. Our progeny would upset the delicate balance that exists and lead to all out war. This war will be on such a scale that - win or lose, all will burn to ashes.

Looks if it's just us, we can limit this conflict to us and Asherah. Interestingly, even then we are to bind him, not destroy him

I think they're tossing us a bone here.

Saying, "Hey. You can't have kids. It will gently caress up the balance. Buuuut...if you play nice, we'll let you bind Ashera. K? Peace."

It's a deal we really have no choice but to accept.