Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

cursedshitbox posted:

Speaking of Las Vegas.

I also saw a ford aerostar with the roof/doors cut off yesterday, but no photo of that pile.

I can't be completely certain but it looks like there is a rope/strap securing those mattresses longitudinally as well as laterally; what's so terrible as long as they're not going 70?

Beats the hell out of those landscaping trucks that litter our roads with unsecured tools...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

DropShadow posted:

Curious to hear more about this car. The most powerful single turbo 335i I've heard about makes 730hp.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2023611-Vishnu-FFTEC-738WHP-with-6466-Twin-Scroll-(New-World-Record)

yep 738

google "captaininsano fftec" for various 1/2 mile runs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxNXcJ1dJss

drukqs fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 15, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

I can't be completely certain but it looks like there is a rope/strap securing those mattresses longitudinally as well as laterally; what's so terrible as long as they're not going 70?

Beats the hell out of those landscaping trucks that litter our roads with unsecured tools...

only one rope. also on the highway, so 70 or better.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bone_Enterprise posted:

Being where MSR Houston is located (down the road from my house a bit actually), there is no body around to complain about noise pollution.

...yet...

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

BlackMK4 posted:

...yet...

Yeah, wait for for some subdivisions for rich people start popping up nearby, knowing full well what's nearby, then complaining about the noise. Fuckers.

MesquiteLog
Dec 8, 2009

Citycop posted:

Snapped this picture last night at a small apartment complex.

Ha, you could have taken a picture of my lovely old Trans Am for this thread in that same parking lot about five years ago. I also :love: the Co (Waco). Also, Sic 'em :byobear:s.

E: Said mullet mobile that I kept limping along for ten years while the car fell apart around the engine. Fun while it lasted though.

woops

MesquiteLog fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 16, 2014

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Christ dude use timg

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
But FatCow says it's impossible to break tables now???

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Yet even on a modern display you get gigantic pictures stretched out all over, so :colbert:

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Spotted on imgur.
When memes invade our highways.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
That's actually kinda funny, I have to admit.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Doge always makes me laugh, but I have a lovely nerd sense of humor, so.

edit: Exhibit A: my avatar and usertext

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 16, 2014

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

th vwls hv scpd posted:

Are you local to NPR? I have a couple friends that run out that way since it's only about 45 minutes away.

I used to live in Pensacola and it was the closest track(plus it was super cheap to run). I usually went out there every 2-4 weeks and ran my C5 Z06.

Now I live in Houston and have one of those terrible race car projects that I keep disassembling when it runs, so I haven't had a chance to run NPR in a very long time.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Amazingly the post directly under his goes right back to the normal size. The issue hasn't been a real issue in so long people don't even know what it means anymore.

'Breaking the tables' was from when a large picture would resize the entire page to the width of the picture. So word wrapping was completely broken and you'd have to scroll to read any line that was longer than your page.

FatCow fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 16, 2014

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

FatCow posted:

Amazingly the post directly under his goes right back to the normal size. The issue hasn't been a real issue in so long people don't even know what it means anymore.

'Breaking the tables' was from when a large picture would resize the entire page to the width of the picture. So word wrapping was completely broken and you'd have to scroll to read any line that was longer than your page.

While true, it's still annoying to have a huge image that you can't actually see in it's entirety.

Wasabi the J posted:

Also not as bad as the tiny cars that will have 4+ mattresses stacked on top for whatever reason.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Wasabi the J posted:

I saw a pickup last week that was doing 65 on the insterstate, had about 6 boxes of painter's pouches in the bed, and none were secured. One box flew out and almost hit the car following behind, I'm guessing they were really lightweight since the box got flung out pretty easily and sorta floated in the air for a couple seconds. I worry more about idiots that don't secure their stuff, versus the ones who do and know not to drive like a jackass.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Spotted on imgur.

Sorry, wrong thread. I laughed a lot. This is brilliant.

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Spotted on imgur.

*singsongy* Wrooonggg Threeeead

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

Imagine what will happen when you slam the brakes on real hard. I'd love to know what it would sound like if all those tips are hooked up.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

H1KE posted:

Imagine what will happen when you slam the brakes on real hard. I'd love to know what it would sound like if all those tips are hooked up.

I would kill to hear that.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I want to see it shoot flames out of each pipe in semi-random order, like the pipe organ of a lunatic

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I would also accept an actual organ.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Ror posted:

I was really hoping youtube would have something, anything related to this car but no such luck. I was really hoping to hear this amazing creation, "Depending upon the speed at which the motor is running, the sound of the calliope can be heard from six to eight blocks away". :getin:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Terrible Robot posted:

I was really hoping youtube would have something, anything related to this car but no such luck. I was really hoping to hear this amazing creation, "Depending upon the speed at which the motor is running, the sound of the calliope can be heard from six to eight blocks away". :getin:

The problem finding vids of these on Youtube is that bosozuko keywords are in Japanese

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

Ror posted:

I have wanted to do this to something in a rat rod style for a long time, but I didn't actually think anyone had actually done it!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ror posted:

Wrong thread.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Terrible Robot posted:

Somebody needs to do this, playing Inagaddadavida on that velocity stacked, satan trapped, six valver packed in a rod. (If only I could recall the car.)

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

H1KE posted:

I would unironically drive this everywhere.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ror posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XR7OpM2Ufk

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Big Dog and Tom.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You gonna gargle mayonnaise.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

StormDrain posted:

Big Dog and Tom.

Wrong thread.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

StormDrain posted:

Big Dog and Tom.

Must be the brother of the "Demver" lady truck.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

Fcking cool... The USPS lost a package that a guy from MR2OC sent me 21/2 weeks ago (after having paid him over a month ago now)

Guy had stellar "trader feedback" over 140 transactions with a positive outcome. Now he's playing the "I already did my part and sent it you can take it up with the USPS if you want your money back."

Filed a claim with PayPal the second I read that text.

I hate the world. Nuke Florida please.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

Fcking cool... The USPS lost a package that a guy from MR2OC sent me 21/2 weeks ago (after having paid him over a month ago now)

Guy had stellar "trader feedback" over 140 transactions with a positive outcome. Now he's playing the "I already did my part and sent it you can take it up with the USPS if you want your money back."

Filed a claim with PayPal the second I read that text.

Technically he's right, unless he didn't insure the package for the value of the part. He could have been a bit nicer about it though.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

You are aware that tracking has been hosed for like a week, and will be through perpetuity, right?

SaNChEzZ posted:

Technically he's right, unless he didn't insure the package for the value of the part. He could have been a bit nicer about it though.

I've had some dumb bitch file a report against me earlier this week because she didn't get a USPS update in two days. Yep, it counts against my account because she's that loving retarded. Screw Florida, gently caress the world.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

We're now eight days past the estimated delivery date, eight days since the tracking has updated I guess you could say... IDK I really don't think this is just a regular everyday malfunction

I do have a tendency to overreact and panic in situations like this so maybe I should take a few deep breaths.

SaNChEzZ posted:

How am I as the recipient supposed to even start the claims process? He used the "default" insurance on a USPS Ground package which is $500. I paid $550. He chose which carrier to use. He chose to send it USPS Ground. He has all the paperwork.

Even thinking about it logically if he strapped my part to a donkey and whacked it on the rear end real hard how am I inheriting all of that liability? That sounds wrong to me.

Lamar Smith R-TX fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 19, 2014

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

We're now eight days past the estimated delivery date, eight days since the tracking has updated I guess you could say... IDK I really don't think this is just a regular everyday malfunction

That sounds like a standard USPS "poo poo its lost, maybe we'll find it", to be honest.

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

How am I as the recipient supposed to even start the claims process? He used the "default" insurance on a USPS Ground package which is $500. I paid $550. He chose which carrier to use. He chose to send it USPS Ground. He has all the paperwork.

If it was sent priority w/o extra insurance, they're only on the tab for $50.

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

Even thinking about it logically if he strapped my part to a donkey and whacked it on the rear end real hard how am I inheriting all of that liability? That sounds wrong to me.

Your only real ability is to file with USPS and try to stop payment or raise a flag somehow. I've got someone who is currently trying to weasel out of improperly packaging a rather rare and irreparable sign, but doesn't want to give me the money back for the neon coming out as shards. They DID insure it well, but packed it poorly, so USPS will probably end up loving me on that, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

It was sent "package services" which, he says comes with $500 of insurance as standard (Google determined this was a lie.) USPS rep just told me that a 30-day wait is standard before they will even think about declaring it lost.

After hearing all of the horror stories that people have gone through with PayPal (as the buyer) I feel like I'm pretty safe at this point, it's just a question of how soon I pull the trigger on converting it into an actual full blown dispute.

Anyway, this is a boring derailment sorry all.

Lamar Smith R-TX fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 19, 2014