Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Saw the movie for the second time this weekend (I have a kid so it's a good excuse). Noticed loads of details, in-jokes, one-liners and visual gags I missed the first time. I feel like it's a movie that's going to keep on giving for a while in that respect.

The thing that amused me the most was realizing the amount of "swearing" in it. It's all "gosh", "darn" and "heck", throw in the odd "what the...?", "butt" and "baloney" and it's pretty much constant. It's all kid friendly, but I honestly don't think I've seen many films with that much cussin' in them. Which, yeah, was cracking me up.

We've been playing the game as well. Which is OK, but not great. Not in the same league Lego City Undercover, Lord of The Rings or Marvel, which all had the open world thing to some extent, which this lacks, it's more hub based. It does have a lot of cut scenes though, feels like half the film. Will be interesting to see what happens in the game when it hits the last act. I'm guessing they'll play it safe in that respect.

Also disappointed that I got confused and thought the Sea Cow was going to be available in the store for VIPs today. It's actually Monday :( Not 100% sure I will be getting it, but I just wanted a look!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Built the Eagle Interceptor last night. This is easily my favorite Chima model. I'm thinking of swapping out some of the blue parts for red ones to make it the most America gently caress Yeah thing ever.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Anyone bought or had a chance to look at this book? Looks interesting but hate to drop $30 on a lemon.

Edit: VV That's actually what I was hoping it was more of. I like lego photography. Thanks!

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 16, 2014

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I actually bought that last week. It's got some pretty amazing work in it, but it's a coffee table art book, there's no techniques or anything.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah, I took a look through it in the bookstore. I think the best models are the ones from the author, who does those amazing black and white abandoned houses.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

MichaelFlatley posted:

These are wonderful! Do you have LDD files of Benny's movie ship and this latest one by any chance?

Thanks.

The one I just built is here: http://www.geographertogo.com/biggership.lxf
and the html building guide: http://www.geographertogo.com/biggership.html

The smaller one that is featured on the Benny poster for the movie is here: http://www.geographertogo.com/smallership.lxf
building guide: http://www.geographertogo.com/smaller.html

I wish I had something on Benny's spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! I thought about trying to reverse engineer it from photos but it's really complex and apparently will be released in March so just waiting for the official release.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
First official pics of the Ghostbusters set:

I think it looks even better than the cuusoo concept.

edit:
higher res pics here: http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-ghostbusters-set-revealed-at-toyfair-new-york-2014

beato fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 16, 2014

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
With all the gribbly bits, I sort of want to make a flying Delorean Ghostbusting Time Travel car.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

beato posted:

I think it looks even better than the cuusoo concept.

This is loving amazing. Holy poo poo. The mini-figs are spectacular. WOW!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh wow, that does look fantastic. Can't wait! :dance:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Thank god I outrank most people in my area at work, so when I have that bad boy displayed on my desk and play with it during work hours, nobody can give me any crap for it. To many amazing toys are coming out in the next few months......going to be poorer but so much happier.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Holy poo poo Lego really knocked it pit of the park with this one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just noticed Egon's hair. Is that new?

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I am going to buy two of those ghostbusters sets. Back to the Future was ok but this is bloody amazing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I just noticed Egon's hair. Is that new?

Maybe I don't pay enough attention but a few of those hair pieces look new.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm glad they did some adjusting to the hoses that connect the throwers to the backpacks. That was driving me crazy.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Incredible, buying two is an absolute must.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I skipped the Delorean because I thought it was ugly. I won't be doing that this time.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Is the firehouse no longer a part of the set? That's fairly disappointing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I find it hard to be disappointed because that car looks so goddamn great.

Hopefully those are all printed bricks and not stickers.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The only thought that ever crossed my mind regarding the Firehouse model was "that's not going to be made."

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Those fins and that rear bumper :getin:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Super high res pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brothers-brick/12569192163/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Lotta nice little details

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I love that they simplified the name badges to be initials.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Man oh man, that thing is perfect. If it doesn't have a pull out rack for the Proton Packs, I am totally making one. I never thought I'd see a minifig that perfectly captures Bill Murray's expression.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Venkmans hair is the dracula/doc brown hair and works surprisingly well

Winston's I can't really tell

Ray and egon, I want to say their hair was made for a series minifig at some point

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really just can't believe how good that looks, especially considering the Delorean.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I really just can't believe how good that looks, especially considering the Delorean.

Me neither. I bought the Delorean to modify it and ended up liking it a lot but this is love at first sight.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If it doesn't have a pull out rack for the Proton Packs, I am totally making one.

I don't think any of it opens up except the roof.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Re: Egons hair

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The red trim on that car is loving rad. :swoon:

Really is an incredible build.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hah, the traps are so simple but so perfect.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I never thought I'd see a minifig that perfectly captures Bill Murray's expression.

Yes, it's true, this man has no brick.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sockser posted:

Venkmans hair is the dracula/doc brown hair and works surprisingly well

And most importantly, J. Jonah Jameson.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

BitterAvatar posted:

Is the firehouse no longer a part of the set? That's fairly disappointing.

I'm not. I'm rather glad I can get the car and minifigures without paying $250 dollars.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

beato posted:

Amazing.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

beato posted:

The best line in the series. :golfclap:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Now all we need is a good Rick Moranis minifigure. Any nominations?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FadingChord posted:

Good Cop's face is a good place to start.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

FadingChord posted:

The train conductor from Spider-man would be a good start for the face.

Here: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Subway_Train_Conductor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

http://news.toyark.com/2014/02/16/toy-fair-2014-lego-ninjago-mixels-city-minifigs-hero-factory-115044

That Bike Shop/cafe. Oh man.