Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

JR ON POLE after 1 car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
WIND TRAX

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

48 car is too wide. Not quite a mechanical lowering device, but who knows what else is up with that car lol

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Apparently NASCAR might sit Chase Elliott out for the Nationwide race Saturday. Personally, I don't see this happening. NASCAR let JWT race in Nationwide. And somehow I doubt they're going to let Bill Elliott's son sit this one out.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Elitist Bitch posted:

Apparently NASCAR might sit Chase Elliott out for the Nationwide race Saturday. Personally, I don't see this happening. NASCAR let JWT race in Nationwide. And somehow I doubt they're going to let Bill Elliott's son sit this one out.

Haha no joke. The whitewash is already in full effect. Its clearly Buster Grahams fault and Chase Elliott is mentioned an incredible 0 times on the Fox Youtube Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LMqs4EMqP0

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

FIX IS IN

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

shyduck posted:

FIX IS IN

:supaburn:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

shyduck posted:

FIX IS IN

You're surprised?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

WATCH OUT FOR THAT AUSTIN DILLON, HE'S GONNA BE A GOOD ONE.
loving stupid.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I dislike Austin Dillon.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Austin Dillon owns, suck my nuts y'all. :cool:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

If Austin Dillon wanted to make good on his number he'd take out Biffle on the first lap, Kevin Cogan 1982 Indy-style.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0APF3SO9tqE&t=207s
#nascar

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 16, 2014

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
#3 ghost car AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
gently caress. gently caress gently caress gently caress. So not looking forward to DW's massive hard on for Dillon during the entire Daytona 500.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:getin:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FuzzySkinner posted:

If Austin Dillon wanted to make good on his number he'd take out Biffle on the first lap, Kevin Cogan 1982 Indy-style.

I have a great idea on how he can make good on his number.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

kidcoelacanth posted:

Austin Dillon owns, suck my nuts y'all. :cool:

Guy who has wrestling avatar makes this post, nobody surprised.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Uncle Jam posted:

Guy who has wrestling avatar makes this post, nobody surprised.

Not for long :ssh:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

elmono311 posted:

gently caress. gently caress gently caress gently caress. So not looking forward to DW
Fixed.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Cannot Find Server posted:

It's a pretty accurate picture of what to expect from a GM product.

No it's not.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Easy Mac posted:

No it's not.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I wonder how many writers nearly stroked out, only to breathe a sigh of relief when Truex wound up second.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kidcoelacanth posted:

Not for long :ssh:

A B+ avatar for a B+ poster.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

God bless.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Fantastic. The avatar the forum needs.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nice avatar. Shame about the poster.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
I would like AD so much more if he would just ditch the hat. poo poo's tacky yo

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

L_Harrison posted:

Who wants to bet that Austin Dillon gets the pole tomorrow? With the NASCAR-supplied restrictor plates, I'm betting that it'll happen. Same happened to Danica.

Good storylines trump fair and equal competition, especially when the sport is struggling with a shrinking fanbase.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I would like AD so much more if he would just ditch the hat. poo poo's tacky yo

SRA, when you gonna come through with wearing the foam green hat for the next race?

Come on man!

L_Harrison posted:

Who wants to bet that Austin Dillon gets the pole tomorrow? With the NASCAR-supplied restrictor plates, I'm betting that it'll happen. Same happened to Danica.

Good storylines trump fair and equal competition, especially when the sport is struggling with a shrinking fanbase.

old post, but I felt like discussing it.

I keep seeing weird parallels between the IRL circa 2005-2006. That is, in terms of throwing hail mary's and praying someone in the media pays attention to you.

The problem is the series that doesn't seem to be willing to allow things to happen organically.

You got guys like Clint, Kyle, Brad who are beginning to establish themselves as great personalities in this sport. You don't need them to be media trained robots, you just leave them alone. They'll attract fans and haters better that way.

Same with the car, same with a "Game 7" championship, same with "gaining" new markets.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Austin Dillon gon' go 21-0 at the Daytona 500.

WILL ANYONE BE ABLE TO BEAT THE STREAK? :bahgawd:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

drat, NASCAR isn't even remotely subtle about it anymore. How loving obvious, gently caress this sport.

Put an E at the end of NASCAR for Entertainment.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 17, 2014

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Uncle Jam posted:

Haha no joke. The whitewash is already in full effect. Its clearly Buster Grahams fault and Chase Elliott is mentioned an incredible 0 times on the Fox Youtube Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LMqs4EMqP0

If spinning people via incidental contact was enough to disqualify someone from the Daytona Nationwide race, there wouldn't be a Daytona Nationwide race.

Besides, while Buster's spin was probably Chase's fault, the fifteen car pileup that followed was pretty much all on Buster, when he decided to turn hard right and plow back into traffic. If he'd just let it spin to the inside and locked it down, it would have just been a one-car incident (well, OK, probably more like a six-car incident at most on account of :arca: ).

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I think it was more Chase refusing to take responsibility for spinning Buster that's the issue here.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Easy Mac posted:

No it's not.

The first car I ever owned was a 1993 Pontiac. It gave me more problems than my nearly 30-year-old rotary-powered car has.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

leica posted:

drat, NASCAR isn't even remotely subtle about it anymore. How loving obvious, gently caress this sport.

Put an E at the end of NASCAR for Entertainment.
Ok there S_Gibson, back to Rubbins' Racin with you.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Who's that? Eh, I'm over it anyway, won't watch any races again this year. Maybe Talladega if I have nothing better to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Boomer The Cannon posted:

leica posted:

Who's that? Eh, I'm over it anyway, won't watch any races again this year. Maybe Talladega if I have nothing better to do.

:lol: Refers NASCAR as NASCA or NA$CAR or something like that and full of conspiracy stuff. I've only gone there since they can sniff for paint schemes like no other forums, otherwise besides some cool people, gently caress 'em.

Dillon was fast in testing and no surprise he got the pole. Hell look at the top 10, 4 of them are ECR engines and the top 2 are. Who cares about qualifying as if it really matters by lap 2 or last year turn 1.

• Locked thread