Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
:siren:it's like midnight and a half! close enough.:siren:

Let's Play The Thirteenth Age Session 34 part 2: Spectral Sortie

The Elements continue their tour of the haunted mansi-- manse, and find themselves face to face with the heads of the ghastly experiments that would eventually give rise to the Orcs. Meanwhile, Nav experiences a minor clerical error.

[combat 9:00--1:06:00]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Now that I've caught up, I must say wolfshirt your entrance was perfect.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
You altered screamhaunt castle for this, clever!

Penultimatum
Apr 2, 2010
My favorite part of these most recent podcasts is just how jaded the party is with the ~SPOOKY~ things that keep happening. At most Scarlette seemed slightly confused about the message written in her own blood.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Penultimatum posted:

My favorite part of these most recent podcasts is just how jaded the party is with the ~SPOOKY~ things that keep happening. At most Scarlette seemed slightly confused about the message written in her own blood.

Well, when you roll with Nav, you just kind of get used to weird poo poo going on around you.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon
"Mint you are headed towards the comfy chair" *action music blares*

I love when the music syncs up perfectly.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Well, when you roll with Nav, you just kind of get used to weird poo poo going on around you.

I can't help but remember the picture of Kodrinschreiner and Algernon in the library.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Wolfshirt, you are magnificent, but you have created a lovable beastman battle captain mercenary who shouts at teammates to make them do better and is significantly more refined than his fellow beastmen. When is Manuel going to talk about his great grandfather Joey and reveal a minotaur/gnoll family portrait, Joey's horns still singed from having recently Goring Charged the membranes between universes?

Also, I've spent pretty much this entire session humming the Luigi's Mansion theme, especially during the ballroom bit. Wonderful.

Also also, Ironicus, this session style is intriguing. I keep going for just giant battles whenever I DM, I've never been able to go for just little attrition setpieces, and it provides a very different feel. I'll have to play around with this in future, much like pretty much everything you do in this campaign.

Cataegory
Jul 26, 2013
I've gotten a few episodes behind, shame on me, but I'm also dropping by again with another character portrait!

Plus one Bella for y'all; keep on making awesome stuff.

A Wooden Palisade
May 23, 2009

none of them want to fight me like you do

Cataegory posted:

I've gotten a few episodes behind, shame on me, but I'm also dropping by again with another character portrait!

Plus one Bella for y'all; keep on making awesome stuff.

Whoa! This is really pretty and you're kind of incredible, thank you!!

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

that is absolutely incredible and I smell a new avatar for our good good buddy a wooden palisade ........

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I love the goofy smiley face with her hair clips :)

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Hey ironicus! I used your political point system in my campaign yesterday and the group really enjoyed it!

I think you could probably add it into the base game, it's awesome, thanks!

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Let’s Play the Thirteenth Age Session 34 part 3: Serpentine Serpentine

As the party breaches the final layer of the manor, it becomes increasingly difficult to tell who is tricking who.

Combat 25:00—

I would wait longer to post these, but they are previews of the next session, so I suppose that dog won't bark.

lp13a Greatest Hits 5: Great Heights

lp13a Greatest Hits 6: The Missus

ikks fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 17, 2014

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
The previews for the next sessions either haven't processed or are messed up. Otherwise no problems with the update. Really digging the spooky feel the mansion has going.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Garbonix posted:

The previews for the next sessions either haven't processed or are messed up. Otherwise no problems with the update. Really digging the spooky feel the mansion has going.

It's what he meant when he said "that dog won't bark."

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

nah tindeck just kinda sucks. here:

Great Heights

The Missus

ikks fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 18, 2014

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Not even a session in and Manuél has lost a hand. It took Rip much, much longer than that. I'm almost impressed.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

PlasmaMan posted:

nah tindeck just kinda sucks. here:

Great Heights

The Missus

Well now I'm in pain from laughing, thanks! That goddamn music for the first clip really makes it.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Rumda posted:

I love the goofy smiley face with her hair clips :)

Fairly confident it's supposed to be this, which is loving magnificent.

A Wooden Palisade
May 23, 2009

none of them want to fight me like you do

BlueArmyMan posted:

Fairly confident it's supposed to be this, which is loving magnificent.

Yeah, that's a core part of her musical motif. That whole hair swoop is also meant to resemble sheet music - actually, the whole white/black spacing of her outfit is supposed to resemble it too. Her outfit is basically a bar of music.

(For reference...)

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
So, personality-wise, is the current Nav "New Nav" or "Old Nav?" I'm kind of unclear on that.

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
The stuff with Nav having a third eye is "New Nav". After getting it shoved back into his head Nav is now "Old Nav" or "Nav Classic(Made with 100% real shady stuff)".

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Garbonix posted:

The stuff with Nav having a third eye is "New Nav". After getting it shoved back into his head Nav is now "Old Nav" or "Nav Classic(Made with 100% real shady stuff)".

I must have glazed over it when it happened. What episode was it in?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Garbonix posted:

Well, not 100%.

There's a little bit of some skeleton bits and once living flesh in there too. 99% Shady stuff. (Don't bring in the FDA man, they've already got enough heat on their backs...)

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I must have glazed over it when it happened. What episode was it in?

"New Nav" happens in session 30 and last till session 33. About half way through session 33 "Old Nav" is back.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The hand loss is getting much more frequent for you guys.
What've we got? Joey after the bulk of one campaign, Rip after what, half of what we have now? And now Manuel after about a session.

Also requesting fan-art of Bella's one-two punch with music-staff brass knuckles.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Roach Warehouse posted:

Also requesting fan-art of Bella's one-two punch with music-staff brass knuckles. Grand Handsome Ultra-Combo

Fixed that for you.

Faolchu
Sep 26, 2013
Time for some third dimensional Nav fan art!

"It's like I can touch you!"

Program used: Cinema 4D R13

If there are any suggestions or want a higher resolution image feel free to ask!

Edit: Have some HD with your dashing rouge salad.

Faolchu fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 19, 2014

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Can you make it do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

Faolchu
Sep 26, 2013
I could probably make it do things sillier then that, yes.
:mmmsmug:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sorry if this has been answered before, but the retsutalk dungeon world episode got me hankering for more D&D-esque podcast, is the 'Let's Play 13th Age" podcast channel on itunes the full experience? Is there a particularly good place to start, or should I just go from the start?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Any of the episodes marked with a * in the second post are decent jumping on points. But I recommend starting from the beginning its all good.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Rumda posted:

Any of the episodes marked with a * in the second post are decent jumping on points. But I recommend starting from the beginning its all good.

I suggest starting at Meet Mint, since that is where the characters from then until basically now come into the game. Before that, there are characters who don't appear at all in the next 70 odd hours of casting, and the characters that do appear in both spots change at that point.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The entire thing is good you should listen to all of it.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

thetoughestbean posted:

Not even a session in and Manuél has lost a hand. It took Rip much, much longer than that. I'm almost impressed.

I don't know what you guys are so worried about. There are hundreds of ways to lose a hand and "Magically" is the least permanent, most wishy washy way of them all.

If it were cut off with a good old reliable sword, sure. But like all things Magic it's not really worth being concerned about.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hey Plaz, any chance of getting a music credits for each episode, or would that be too much work? Some of the songs have either been something I wanna look up or have bugged me because I recognize them but don't remember what they are.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

WolfShirt posted:

If it were cut off with a good old reliable sword, sure. But like all things Magic it's not really worth being concerned about.

It's a trifle, really. That's why three standard actions of magic did a mere 200 damage at level 5-and-a-bit, or that time Mint (at level 3 or 4) did only 75ish ongoing damage to a mook pool.

The fighter in my campaign isn't a big fan of my dwarven sorceror's level 1 spells.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Aurora posted:

Hey Plaz, any chance of getting a music credits for each episode, or would that be too much work? Some of the songs have either been something I wanna look up or have bugged me because I recognize them but don't remember what they are.

thumbs up.

I'm touched y'all recommend starting from the start..! but anyway.

:siren:you must train for thousands of years by crying into a diaper to master the art of magic:siren:

Let's Play the Thirteenth Age Session 35 part 1: Waylay of Wyrm

Tusk of the Orc Lord in hand, the Elements continue on through the forest (as Bella, having wrenched control by defeating the naga, stays behind to renovate the manor and begin a career as land baroness). On the way, they encounter... well, a lot, but probably nothing they can't handle. Probably.

ALL COMBAT (but also all good combat)

Music:
Deadly Premonition: "Life is Beautiful"
Deadly Premonition: "Shadow"
Deadly Premonition: "Found You!"
Deadly Premonition: "Raincoat Killer"
Duck Tales: "The Moon"

ikks fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

WolfShirt posted:

I'm sure a hand cut off by a good honest Empire sword would be severed permanently, and prevent another pseudo hand from attaching itself.

That's why Rip's hand could be songified, druids clearly use inferior-possibly elven- weapons.

• Locked thread