Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

11'3"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
This is a nightmare to clean up. Hopefully no one got the bright idea to get out the normal vacuum.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

This is a nightmare to clean up. Hopefully no one got the bright idea to get out the normal vacuum.

Everyone in that office now has cancer.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

univbee posted:

Everyone in that office now has cancer.

And black feet. And hands. And faces. And clothes.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Missing Name posted:

And black ...faces

And a civil suit.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
The most disappointing thing about that picture of the lack of human-shaped silhouettes on the wall.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

And those eyes :barf:

That dude is strung the gently caress out.

But how does this even happen? How did ink spray behind the printer as well as it did in front? How is there no blank spots where people/stuff were?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
That's toner. It's a very fine powder, so it'll roll off of itself to under the printer. I'm assuming someone dropped a canister.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I'm more worried about the photographer unless he's one of the hazmat guys.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Elfface posted:

That's toner. It's a very fine powder, so it'll roll off of itself to under the printer. I'm assuming someone dropped a canister.

It also has a very very low melting point and an unreal static charge, so it is essentially impossible to clean off of anything.

A massive ink spill would be a blessing compared to a toner powder explosion.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RagingBoner posted:

It also has a very very low melting point and an unreal static charge, so it is essentially impossible to clean off of anything.

A massive ink spill would be a blessing compared to a toner powder explosion.

So what you're saying is that the only reasonable way to clean that up is to pour ink all over it?

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

mng posted:

I'm more worried about the photographer unless he's one of the hazmat guys.

It's not really that dangerous. Here is a MSDS for black toner.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/pdf/lj_c3105a_us_eng_v2.pdf

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

I worst part is whoever was responsible for that mess is going to be "the toner guy" for the rest of his career there. Five years later, when he spills a little coffee, "Uh oh, hide the toner, Chucks spilling again!"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well yeah because he'll still be black.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
I used to handle toner all the time at my last job. One time we ran out of toner for our big printer, but we had two extra cartridges for the small printer. So I had to take the empty from the big one and two fulls for the small, open then all up, and transfer the toner from the smalls to the big with a funnel made of paper.

It was the worst thing ever, and I'm pretty sure I have lung cancer now. That poo poo is worse than asbestos. I had to throw out the clothes I was wearing to work that day, they just never came clean.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

RagingBoner posted:

So a bunch of cats and balloons are all you need to clean up the mess!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

My Lovely Horse posted:

Well yeah because he'll still be black.

WHOA! Mods???

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Missing Name posted:

So this is what a coal miner feels like.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Missing Name posted:

And black snot.

A friend had a color toner cartridge break in his hands. He was sneezing blue for a couple of days.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

IMJack posted:

And black snot.

A friend had a color toner cartridge break in his hands. He was sneezing blue for a couple of days.

Spraypaint has a nice habit of doing that, too, if you're a dumb college kid painting his Guitar Hero controllers in an unventilated dorm laundry room.

Oh, the halcyon days of legal highs. :allears:

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

IMJack posted:

And black snot.

Back in the '90's, I worked in a print shop that had the Worst Inkjet Plotter on Earth. The ink was fed to the printheads by tiny plastic tubes connected to each ink package. The owner bought the cheapest ink he could find, meaning that halfway through a print job one of the colors would clog and you'd spend anther two hours watch the RIP slowly process the file.

One of the day shift guys got fed up and called the ink manufacturer for help. He found out that each box of ink had a mylar bag inside, and the proper procedure to clean a clog was to remove the bag of ink and gently squeeze it.

Gently.

He squeezed the cyan ink bag not-gently-enough. Another co-worker described it as a "cyan fountain of rage and obscenities". It turned his arms blue, his shirt blue, his pants blue. There were blue ceiling tiles, blue carpet, a blue CRT, blue walls.

And that stuff doesn't wash off easily. It's pretty much cyan dye. Cue several weeks of Smurf jokes, Little Boy Blew jokes, replacing the Musak with a blues CD, blue Kool-Aid in the work fridge, etc.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

:frogbon:

edit: never posting from my phone again

Skipopatomus has a new favorite as of 19:07 on Feb 20, 2014

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

PhotoKirk posted:

Back in the '90's, I worked in a print shop that had the Worst Inkjet Plotter on Earth. The ink was fed to the printheads by tiny plastic tubes connected to each ink package. The owner bought the cheapest ink he could find, meaning that halfway through a print job one of the colors would clog and you'd spend anther two hours watch the RIP slowly process the file.

One of the day shift guys got fed up and called the ink manufacturer for help. He found out that each box of ink had a mylar bag inside, and the proper procedure to clean a clog was to remove the bag of ink and gently squeeze it.

Gently.

He squeezed the cyan ink bag not-gently-enough. Another co-worker described it as a "cyan fountain of rage and obscenities". It turned his arms blue, his shirt blue, his pants blue. There were blue ceiling tiles, blue carpet, a blue CRT, blue walls.

And that stuff doesn't wash off easily. It's pretty much cyan dye. Cue several weeks of Smurf jokes, Little Boy Blew jokes, replacing the Musak with a blues CD, blue Kool-Aid in the work fridge, etc.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

oh god my tables

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Putting your food on the bathroom floor is dumb, but taking a picture in the bathroom is creepy. There are no winners here.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

deoju posted:

Putting your food on the bathroom floor is dumb, but taking a picture in the bathroom is creepy. There are no winners here.

Except for us.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

deoju posted:

He didn't just put it on the floor, it's right in the drip zone.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

A Kickstarter for a book about Kickstarter failed its Kickstarter.

It's Kickstarters all the way down.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPHEUb-Q-Aw

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Regarding US vs Canada hockey match tomorrow..

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Looks like this picture was taken at a hockey or football stadium.

Normal rules don't apply in those bathrooms.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
You have one hand on your dick and stuff your face with the other. Jeez, you'd think this guy's never been a bachelor or something.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

GNU Order posted:

Looks like this picture was taken at a hockey or football stadium.

Normal rules don't apply in those bathrooms.

You don't say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7w24-J9aWA

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

17th century executioner's mask.

:madmax:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thanks for reminding me of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InR7tip2Izk

Say Nothing