Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Xae posted:

:frogout:

360 HP/S on Heavy Armor

Mesmer 326 HP/S on Light Armor, if you have 3 clones/phantasms out.

I hope the patch notes are fake. I'm getting tired of making Guild Warriors 2 jokes.

And I will still have Adrenal Health and banner regen. :mmmsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metacorder
Dec 7, 2007

last of the uplift gnarssh

rap music posted:

And I will still have Adrenal Health and banner regen. :mmmsmug:

Yes. If you look at all the QQ HS posts on the forums, you can tell that they don't understand that it is the above that make Warriors problematic, not HS alone. Anyone can sustain 400 dps (read: autoattack) it is the other sources of health gain (among other very powerful damage mitigation) that make it difficult to put enough pressure on a warrior to cause them to do something that you can exploit.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nuudoru posted:

Probably. Which elite skill do you use? It's the only Signet I use as a warrior because I don't think the other ones are as useful.

The banner, though I will use the signet if I'm roaming for the speed.

quote:

Warbanner is neat in certain situations, healing signet is overpowered and whatever the stability signet is called is useful too.

I find the adrenaline based healing skill to be more useful, with the way I'm specced shouts always give me adrenaline so I'm always topped off or close to it so the skill heals me completely.

I can't believe how badly they hosed shout rangers, we need more build variety not less.

Warrior nerfs, meh, I didn't use that stuff so it doesn't affect me, I do like the shield one though.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Xae posted:

:frogout:

360 HP/S on Heavy Armor

Mesmer 326 HP/S on Light Armor, if you have 3 clones/phantasms out.

I hope the patch notes are fake. I'm getting tired of making Guild Warriors 2 jokes.

I loved how the devs spent 5 minutes in their 50 minute broadcast (that was covering the changes for ALL classes) defending healing signet. "We don't want to nerf healing signet any more because with the 8% nerf its passive healing per second is at the same level of healing surge"

The thing is, is that healing surge requires you to have full adrenaline before matches the (nerfed) HPS of healing signet. Another fact is that healing surge is an active ability and that healing signet is completely passive and non interruptable. Good reasoning, Anet!

Batham fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 21, 2014

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Is it weird that I want to make a second Warrior because they're the most fun class?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

killstealing posted:

Is it weird that I want to make a second Warrior because they're the most fun class?

Not really, it is the Balance Team's Mary Sue at this point.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Xae posted:

Not really, it is the Balance Team's Mary Sue at this point.

At what point was this not the case?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

killstealing posted:

Make it a sylvari. :v:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
But Scarlet is an Engineer.

A rifle Engineer.

:suicide:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Free minis, huge living story event and some long needed ranger changes. Can't wait to get started later this weekend!

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Ghostpilot posted:

I don't think people believe me when I say that Flame Turret is among the best turrets Engineers have. It's right behind Healing Turret in utility.

My main point of contention is with Flamethrower. I really don't understand what they are so afraid of with this kit. It's the most changed yet remains the most restrictive. I've gone into it at length numerous times, but it's a kit so many people want to use, but can't without feeling as though they're an anchor. Apt, as it's the one build that completely goes out of the window the instant water is introduced.

I'm curious, where does flame thrower fit into a buid? smoke field and blast finisher? Condition build for the toolkit skill for burning?

Also count me as one of the people that would love to flamethrower.

My dreams of using heal turret to aoe heal in dungeons died a terrible death as every time i went to pop it, someone already had a field down.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Demon_Corsair posted:

I'm curious, where does flame thrower fit into a buid? smoke field and blast finisher? Condition build for the toolkit skill for burning?

Also count me as one of the people that would love to flamethrower.

My dreams of using heal turret to aoe heal in dungeons died a terrible death as every time i went to pop it, someone already had a field down.

I've gone into it at length many times before, but it just doesn't serve much use. Of all the options available to them for burning, Flamethrower is the worst. Bomb Kit's #2 is a more effective burn than anything FT has.

Also, Flamethrower doesn't have a smoke field or a finisher. If you want efficient burns, smoke fields and a blast finisher, Flame Turret is one your one-stop shop. It even has longer range than FT's Flame Jet, inflicts longer burns and, after the patch, will inflict them faster and to more enemies than Flamethrower Kit could ever dream. All without a single trait point of investment.

The best use of Flamethrower is for its #3: Air Blast, which is a cone knockback & reflect on a short cooldown. #2 (Flame Blast) is pretty good as well. Even factoring its cooldown and lack of burn, it does more damage than Flame Jet.

Basically, Flamethrower's problem is that it is a kit completely lacking in purpose. Originally it was designed with a Shock Trooper mentality in mind: a sort of relentlessly advancing siege-breaker. In addition to the 200 toughness it's always given, Juggernaut originally reduced your movespeed by 33% (maybe off on the number) but gave you perma-stability as long as you were in the Kit. The #5, which is now Smoke Vent, used to be an ability called Backdraft, which sucked enemies towards the Engineer and set them on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Brr3RLX8Q&t=490s
(In case it doesn't skip to it: 5:55 for an example and 8:10 to see it in action in a fight.)

Flamethrower was powerful, but had a lot of drawbacks: it had short range, it was slow, and it was the one kit that couldn't be used underwater. After repeated nerfs and global changes that affected it, Flamethrower has all the drawbacks (and more) with none of the benefits.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Thanks. I had only ever heard that is was bad. What I had meant to type was about the flame turret, which you spoke so highly of.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Hmmm how to convince anet that warrior run away builds somehow keep us from appreciating Guild Wars 2: the World that Revolves Around Scarlet Briar. Considering how fast they fixed the slayer potion bug after about half a year of ignoring it once it interfered with the living story it looks like that is the only way to get results.

Although there are a few minor nerfs in the notes I think it will just be the difference between "warrior runs across map and reaches keep door at 100% health" versus "warrior runs across map and reaches keep door at 90% health".

Also they probably won't implement most of the nerfs considering how much hand wringing went on over the idea of bringing warrior passive healing down to the same level as active.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Ghostpilot posted:

The best use of Flamethrower is for its #3: Air Blast, which is a cone knockback & reflect on a short cooldown. #2 (Flame Blast) is pretty good as well. Even factoring its cooldown and lack of burn, it does more damage than Flame Jet.

Basically, Flamethrower's problem is that it is a kit completely lacking in purpose.

For one utility slot, you get an insta cast knockback on a 15sec cooldown. For a kit completely lacking in purpose, it's an integral part of the decap engineer meta...

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Yeah it's a great kit but some of us want to see the world burn.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It's the best at tagging poo poo in events. :v: Also, the best if you care at all about looking totally awesome. Style over substance 4ever.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Which class save for Warrior is fun to roll around with solo right now? I mean WvW and maybe some PvE too. Thief/Mesmer?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

gandlethorpe posted:

It's the best at tagging poo poo in events. :v: Also, the best if you care at all about looking totally awesome. Style over substance 4ever.
Seriously. If they buff flamethrower to the point where it's reasonable I'll probably go back to using it always because it's so much fun and looks awesome.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
I didnt want to have to bother someone else with my problems, but since I can't post on their forums myself can someone do me a huge favor?

Need someone to post in this thread and let them know that ticket #362553 for user hobb.4753 has not been replied to in 5 days now.

Anets support is living up to its legendary reputation it seems like.

vv thanks a lot, feel like its starting to look grim with the lack of communication.

hobb fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 22, 2014

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

hobb posted:

I didnt want to have to bother someone else with my problems, but since I can't post on their forums myself can someone do me a huge favor?

Need someone to post in this thread and let them know that ticket #362553 for user hobb.4753 has not been replied to in 5 days now.

Posted in the thread. Good luck!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

killstealing posted:

Which class save for Warrior is fun to roll around with solo right now? I mean WvW and maybe some PvE too. Thief/Mesmer?

Yes those two classes are great for solo roaming.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

killstealing posted:

Coming from a Warrior, I'd say try Thief first. Also, don't forget to cackle like a maniac every time you one-shot an Elementalist.

burndtjamb
Sep 5, 2006

hobb posted:

vv thanks a lot, feel like its starting to look grim with the lack of communication.

Free Hobb 2014

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

killstealing posted:

Thief definitely for WvW. Engineer is also a lot of fun. Mesmer I would not recommend unless you want to pay 60g for traveler runes and be limited to two effective specs both of which get really old after awhile.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

shrach posted:

For one utility slot, you get an insta cast knockback on a 15sec cooldown. For a kit completely lacking in purpose, it's an integral part of the decap engineer meta...

A 15s cd insta knockback by itself would be a great utility skill i would take on practically every class.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Actually, Grenades are much better at this.

Flame Jet: Short range, 3 targets.
Any Grenade: Long range, 10 targets (15 with Grenadier; more with enemies crossing in and out of #5's field.)

shrach posted:

:ssh: Except it's not an instant.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 22, 2014

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Finally picking this up. Are any of the classes similar in playstyle to the old WoW affliction warlock (DoT everything in range and juggle the mobs until they die or you gently caress up and they kill you)?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Hello Sailor posted:

Finally picking this up. Are any of the classes similar in playstyle to the old WoW affliction warlock (DoT everything in range and juggle the mobs until they die or you gently caress up and they kill you)?
Epidemic necromancer. Necro can stack various damaging conditions (poison/bleed/torment) and Epidemic copies all conditions on the targeted enemy to all nearby enemies.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Grenade Eng and Condi Necro play like that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ghostpilot posted:

Flame Jet: Short range, 3 targets.
Any Grenade: Long range, 10 targets (15 with Grenadier; more with enemies crossing in and out of #5's field.)

One Flame Jet can tag a bunch of targets if you flail your mouse around wildly. This is in addition to being more fun and less of a carpal tunnel risk!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

less of a carpal tunnel risk!

I would pay 400 gems for a gem store item that let me use auto-cast on ground targeted skills, so it would target them at whatever monster I have selected.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Ghostpilot posted:

:ssh: Except it's not an instant.

Well sure, nothing is instant but it's more instant than any skill with a cast time and has zero tell.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
There's a bunch of dev posts saying those patch notes are fake.

"It appears the poster has taken some of the notes that we have in this thread in an effort to make their own look more legitimate, and mashed them together with some imaginary notes. These are not real patch notes."

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Well, one indicator that they're fake is the warrior nerfs.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You're all missing the most important patch note, fake or not.

Tornado: This skill now reflects projectiles while active.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

SeaTard posted:

I would pay 400 gems for a gem store item that let me use auto-cast on ground targeted skills, so it would target them at whatever monster I have selected.
I still don't know why that's not already a thing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You're all missing the most important patch note, fake or not.

Tornado: This skill now reflects projectiles while active.

Sure let me use that. Oh I will have to put down this fiery greatsword? Uh, no thanks.

Of course, fiery greatsword will probably be nerfed soon since it gives eles a purpose.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
Those patch notes were fake!!!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/balance/RE-Leaked-patch-notes/first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
I redrew the heirloom map with a better route if anyone wants it:

• Locked thread