Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Weird as hell to watch WWE in HD since I'm used to shady streams.

I'm guessing they used a new announcer for the network rebroadcast of Cesaro/Zayn? Cesaro certainly had a first name back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Cant even wait to binge watch when I get home. Canadian Stampede, Royal Rumbles, TLC

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thauros posted:

I'm guessing they used a new announcer for the network rebroadcast of Cesaro/Zayn? Cesaro certainly had a first name back then.

Nope, same announcers.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Interesting end promo there from Zayn/Cersaro

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Supreme Allah posted:

Don't you people have jobs. I'll wait to sign up when I get home, hoping it's not too slammed just before Raw.

I'm assuming right around Raw will be a really busy time for signups. I'm hoping things slow down this afternoon so I can try.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Thauros posted:

Big E still has a last name according to Michael Cole last night.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Got my info punched in and all that, hit submit and then waited for 20 minutes. Nothing happened. Bah.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

JPrime posted:

After 5 or 6 tries I was able to create an account, and now every video I try to load says Media Error: Video not available. It never did ask me for payment information.
Me too.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Over the Edge 99 graphic:

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

DM Punk posted:

Over the Edge 99 graphic:

I really feel like the line could be removed. That sounds like he had a heart attack post match or a drug OD before.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MJBuddy posted:

I really feel like the line could be removed. That sounds like he had a heart attack post match or a drug OD before.

Yeah I feel a bit weird about it as well. I can't really put it into words. Like they're trying to absolve themselves of all the blame, since it was an "accident". Like he slipped and fell in a freak accident on some ice, not fell from the rafters being forced to do a stunt he didn't feel comfortable with.

This is a big ol can of worms to get into though

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well gently caress. Sent another password reset request since the site was finally running smoothly and it had been an hour-ish, so I figured it'd work, and nothing. :(

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Now it won't let me enter any payment information . Apparently that page can't be found.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Okay, I guess I made a Network account because now when I click on the WWE Network stuff it takes me to a page with a bunch of videos to watch (they're all unavailable though), so I suppose this is the free trial stuff?

Where exactly do I buy the drat subscription? I click on My Account and it takes me to my profile page, I click on Billing Information and it tells me "you do not have a WWE network subscription, please visit WWE.com to buy one".

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, I guess I made a Network account because now when I click on the WWE Network stuff it takes me to a page with a bunch of videos to watch (they're all unavailable though), so I suppose this is the free trial stuff?

Where exactly do I buy the drat subscription? I click on My Account and it takes me to my profile page, I click on Billing Information and it tells me "you do not have a WWE network subscription, please visit WWE.com to buy one".

The free trial stuff is exactly the same as the purchased account stuff. There's no difference.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

No the free trial is a one week access period to the network before they charge your card. There is no seperate Network account, I made a WWE.com account this morning, signed up for the Network at 8:30, and access is linked now to my account.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I actually found where to buy the Network, you have to go to the Shop page.

But the service was unavailable when I tried to get it to process my credit card information :(

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

CapnAndy posted:

But the service was unavailable when I tried to get it to process my credit card information :(

Yeah, appears the CC processing is down I've been trying for the past 10 minutes.

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Sparkly Vampires are Wrestlicious!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well gently caress. Sent another password reset request since the site was finally running smoothly and it had been an hour-ish, so I figured it'd work, and nothing. :(

You may want to register with a different email address - After messing around trying to remember the password/get a new one, I eventually gave up and registered a second addy.

CapNAndy posted:

I had this, I think if you go through the my billing info on your account tab it has a "Buy WWE Network" link on the left hand side. I had the same thing.

Im now stuck with it unable to load a PayPal window, just getting an error message - Though I am a dirty Euro, so hopefully thats not causing an issue.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
On the bright side, the pages are moving much faster now that the credit card system is melting at the seams :downs:.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapnAndy posted:

Same for me too. Good to know that I didn't accidentally wind up getting charged for it...or at least it's not just me. :v:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jayou posted:

You may want to register with a different email address - After messing around trying to remember the password/get a new one, I eventually gave up and regostered a second addy.

Problem is, I know which one I'd use but I don't wanna associate my credit card info with too many different addresses. I guess I will if I wait another hour or two and still get nothing.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Sky Shadowing posted:

On the bright side, the pages are moving much faster now that the credit card system is melting at the seams :downs:.

So many people are trying to give Vince money that it's breaking the internet.

I like to imagine he's been screaming his head off all morning. GIVE ME THE NEW NUMBERS THESE ARE FIVE MINUTES OLD I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
So I signed up using the start one week free trial button and it had me put in my billing info (which is fine, usually subscription services do that so they can start charging you after the week is up). However, looks like they charged me right away and I see a pending charge for 9.99.

Did this happen to anybody else too?

I also see in my billing cycle that my next billing date is Monday, March 24, 2014.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lazer posted:

So I signed up using the start one week free trial button and it had me put in my billing info (which is fine, usually subscription services do that so they can start charging you after the week is up). However, looks like they charged me right away and I see a pending charge for 9.99.

Did this happen to anybody else too?

I also see in my billing cycle that my next billing date is Monday, March 24, 2014.

It's a holding charge to verify card info. It should go away after a day or so.

Edit: Oh...if your billing date is 24th, then you probably did sign up right out. Try contacting customer service.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's a holding charge to verify card info. It should go away after a day or so.

Figured as much. I was just confused because I was expecting the next billing date to be a week from now, then a month from that date, not exactly a month from today when I started the trial.

E: yeah... going to do that.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
So the shop page is now down totally, wheras before it had been super quick, even if the credit card payment system had died.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Supreme Allah posted:

I like to imagine he's been screaming his head off all morning. GIVE ME THE NEW NUMBERS THESE ARE FIVE MINUTES OLD I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT.
Imagine implies that what you are saying is somehow unrealistic or imaginary, and not the absolute goddamn truth of what is occurring now.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

gfanikf posted:

Imagine implies that what you are saying is somehow unrealistic or imaginary, and not the absolute goddamn truth of what is occurring now.

It's unrealistic because he's not yelling "VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON" when he says his name

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I feel a bit weird about it as well. I can't really put it into words. Like they're trying to absolve themselves of all the blame, since it was an "accident". Like he slipped and fell in a freak accident on some ice, not fell from the rafters being forced to do a stunt he didn't feel comfortable with.

This is a big ol can of worms to get into though

It's just bad adverb use. It makes it seem like there's more to it than there is.

Still can't get through the credit card page. :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

gfanikf posted:

I'm amusing myself by picturing a cubicle farm full of dudes typing frantically, and every few minutes the lights above one cubicle flicker, there's a GONG, and that guy disappears.

CODE FASTER, FOR DEATH STALKS THESE HALLS

Hybrid
Sep 9, 2002

Hopefully this helps someone, but I wasn't able to find an actual purchase button until I found this link posted by Titus O'Neil (and I'm sure the other wrestlers did too) on twitter.

wwe.me/tUnWh

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just for the hell of it I tried to go to a random moment in a random ECW Hardcore TV just to see the quality. I was greeted with Sabu doing a moonsault onto an already broken table in a completely empty ring. ECW indeed.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Deadpool posted:

Just for the hell of it I tried to go to a random moment in a random ECW Hardcore TV just to see the quality. I was greeted with Sabu doing a moonsault onto an already broken table in a completely empty ring. ECW indeed.

That might be due to his gimmick in the early 90s of if a table was not broken during one of his matches he would break one with his own body. Yep.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
Could somebody else with an active trial for the WWE Network confirm something for me?

Go to My Account on the WWE Network page and then go to Billing information.

Is your next bill date March 24th as well? I can't get through to the customer service number (not surprised). It rings for about a minute then hits a busy signal. So if anybody could confirm this, that'd be awesome.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Le Saboteur posted:

That might be due to his gimmick in the early 90s of if a table was not broken during one of his matches he would break one with his own body. Yep.

The table was already in like five pieces before he moonsaulted on it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Deadpool posted:

I spent too long wondering how they edited out Benoit to that extent before I realized what had actually happened.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I had no problems signing up. I'm watching on my PS3 and I immediately loaded up Wrestlemania IV (yep). Everything loaded and looks fine but I'm having some pretty bad issues with buffering/stopping during the stream. Hope they get things ironed out soon. I'm going to try with my iPad to see if it's any better.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lazer posted:

Could somebody else with an active trial for the WWE Network confirm something for me?

Go to My Account on the WWE Network page and then go to Billing information.

Is your next bill date March 24th as well? I can't get through to the customer service number (not surprised). It rings for about a minute then hits a busy signal. So if anybody could confirm this, that'd be awesome.

quote:

WWE NETWORK BILLING INFORMATION

You are currently within your 7-day Free Trial of WWE Network.

Your 7-day Free Trial ends on Monday, March 03, 2014, and your paid subscription will begin on Monday, March 03, 2014. The credit/debit card or PayPal account you have on file will be charged $9.99 plus applicable taxes on this date.

If you do not wish to be charged, you must cancel your account before Monday, March 03, 2014. For additional information, click here or contact customer service at 866-308-5684.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Deadpool posted:

The table was already in like five pieces before he moonsaulted on it.
Gotta make sure it aint getting back up