Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Thank god the Airship pass is gone.

Now to resist the eye patch and the sickle...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Warriors OP.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1yuky0/the_legend_of_the_karkaroller/

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
If you're into eSports and Warriors but sick of Hammer/Longbow this shits been pretty fun http://intothemists.com/guides/2262-ragirs_warrior_burstpoint_assualt I swapped out Balanced Stance in favor of Dolyak Signet myself though.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
http://atlas.guildwars2.com/en/

Whoa, so interactives.

Nuudoru
Mar 1, 2013
Well that was underwhelming.. I guess the Atlas was a cool idea, but even for a trailer that was really empty. Is it just me or does Anet has serious problem building up hype for anything?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Pretty neat but I think the GW2 Chinese website with the fighting game devs is cooler.

Nuudoru posted:

Well that was underwhelming.. I guess the Atlas was a cool idea, but even for a trailer that was really empty. Is it just me or does Anet has serious problem building up hype for anything?

In the beginning they over hyped the hell out of the LS when it was just 5 minutes of hammering signs. Now updates have entire new zones with skins and events, all they release is a trailer that doesn't show anything. :confused:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
I...I don't want to take LA back. I want to burn it down, to the ground. :(

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/escape/12-50-Charge-for-Convenience-of-Lions-Arch/page/6#post3685363

At least it'll make these people shut up.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Someone on the official forums is arguing that the deletion of services from Lion's Arch is removing part of the base game they paid for and therefore Anet is breaking the license agreement or stepping on their ownership rights or gently caress I don't know I don't understand what they are saying.

This is a thing that is happening.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Visidan posted:

March 18th.

Alteisen posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't know it was gonna be around for that long.

Guess I got nothing to worry about in regards to the things I want from it.
It's actually the 4th of March, so maybe plan accordingly.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Going to miss this whole event. :(

At this point I'm just hoping I get any sort of reply at all. Is anets support always this slow?

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012

hobb posted:

At this point I'm just hoping I get any sort of reply at all. Is anets support always this slow?

I can't believe they haven't contacted you yet (actually i can). It been like two week now right?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

hobb posted:

Seems like Gaile Gray doesn't post on Mondays so probably get an update today judging by her posting history.

Nuudoru
Mar 1, 2013

Visidan posted:

In the beginning they over hyped the hell out of the LS when it was just 5 minutes of hammering signs. Now updates have entire new zones with skins and events, all they release is a trailer that doesn't show anything. :confused:

I don't want to come off as rude, but I don't get what point you're trying to make.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
They suck at hyping friend.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

Mosthated posted:

I can't believe they haven't contacted you yet (actually i can). It been like two week now right?

I got a reply that it was escalated to a senior account support person on the 16th so 9 days since first contact. I replied to that mail saying if they need any info I didn't include in the initial mail that I can provide it, but its been very quiet.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Visidan posted:

Yeah I hate not getting any info about the new updates but it's probably better this way.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Kessel posted:

Someone on the official forums is arguing that the deletion of services from Lion's Arch is removing part of the base game they paid for and therefore Anet is breaking the license agreement or stepping on their ownership rights or gently caress I don't know I don't understand what they are saying.

This is a thing that is happening.

Poor guy. If you need me to mock him or anything I will be porting my character back and forth between the airship and Divinity's.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff

Batham posted:

I...I don't want to take LA back. I want to burn it down, to the ground. :(

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/escape/12-50-Charge-for-Convenience-of-Lions-Arch/page/6#post3685363

At least it'll make these people shut up.

The official forums is such a pool of hatred towards the game its amazing.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

They keep showing that giant drill and I just realized that the entirity of the living story was conceived after watching a marathon of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It suddenly makes so much sense now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weu6k43hP78&t=62s

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm at work so I can't click that link, but I assume it's MC Pee Pants. You're totally right, wow.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Visidan posted:

They suck at hyping friend.

They should probably take some lessons, yeah. The whole Scarlet storyline has been an exercise in "how not to build heat."

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

hobb posted:

I got a reply that it was escalated to a senior account support person on the 16th so 9 days since first contact. I replied to that mail saying if they need any info I didn't include in the initial mail that I can provide it, but its been very quiet.

Their support is total bullshit. They will get back to you eventually, but it's shocking how long it takes. I had to wait 9 days to find out why I got suspended for 3 days. They're incompetent. Tivac you'd better read this.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
So the CDI for ranger is currently going on. What bothers me about the CDI's is that it shows Anet has no idea what to do with this game and really need the communities help. I bet most of us agree that when we watch a Dev stream, the Devs have no idea about most classes. We have seen and still have some horrible balancing issues.

Currently in the CDI ranger thread there are many complaints about pets. Anet has clearly said most problems with pets cannot be changed because they are tied to mob AI. They said it would take a major overhaul to move pets from that AI and its not going to happen. Really WTF Anet! A core mechanic you refuse to fix?!?! In Queens Jubliee pets would get one shot on the final boss and that is an automatic loss of 30% of your dps (you could do nothing about it). That chick was really hard to kill with a ranger.

Ok sorry for the rant. I love the game and have over 2000 hours played. I just want Anet to get on the ball and figure things out.

PS: Arus has the body of a titan.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mosthated posted:

PS: Arus has the body of a titan.

Quoting this forever.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

CLAM DOWN posted:

Quoting this forever.
He meant those titans:

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

CLAM DOWN posted:

Their support is total bullshit. They will get back to you eventually, but it's shocking how long it takes. I had to wait 9 days to find out why I got suspended for 3 days. They're incompetent. Tivac you'd better read this.

I get the feeling that it's probably less incompetence and more the fact that it's like six dudes trying to process thousands of tickets every day.

Don't have any numbers or staff quotes to back it up, though.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Can someone explain what this atlas thing is? Won't load on mobile for me.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Mosthated posted:

Arus has the body of a titan.

The Greek God Obesius.

e. the stupid atlas thing doesn't even work for me neither :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Forgall posted:

He meant those titans:

That thing looks hungry.

Zhulik posted:

I get the feeling that it's probably less incompetence and more the fact that it's like six dudes trying to process thousands of tickets every day.

Don't have any numbers or staff quotes to back it up, though.

Oh for sure, but that still means someone is incompetent along the line, even if it's the managers/staffing people ;)

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Erdricks posted:

Can someone explain what this atlas thing is? Won't load on mobile for me.

It's a screenshot and video gallery that requires you to zoom in with a google map of Tyria and click on points in order to unlock said videos and pictures.

Cutedge fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 25, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

shrach posted:

It's actually the 4th of March, so maybe plan accordingly.

Still ok, I'll be 80 with my ranger by the end of the week, probably sooner. Hopefully the other zerg trains start running soon, momma needs a hot money injection like yesterday.

Why did I buy those quaggan tonics so quickly, I just saw QUAGGAN and had to have it. :ughh:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Mosthated posted:

So the CDI for ranger is currently going on. What bothers me about the CDI's is that it shows Anet has no idea what to do with this game and really need the communities help. I bet most of us agree that when we watch a Dev stream, the Devs have no idea about most classes. We have seen and still have some horrible balancing issues.

Currently in the CDI ranger thread there are many complaints about pets. Anet has clearly said most problems with pets cannot be changed because they are tied to mob AI. They said it would take a major overhaul to move pets from that AI and its not going to happen. Really WTF Anet! A core mechanic you refuse to fix?!?! In Queens Jubliee pets would get one shot on the final boss and that is an automatic loss of 30% of your dps (you could do nothing about it). That chick was really hard to kill with a ranger.

Ok sorry for the rant. I love the game and have over 2000 hours played. I just want Anet to get on the ball and figure things out.

While I don't play a ranger myself, it boggles my mind why they didn't make the Ranger's pet optional like in GW1.

Edit: Guess this means spirit weapons will also remain forever and always utterly useless.

Batham fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 25, 2014

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Batham posted:

While I don't play a ranger myself, it boggles my mind why they didn't make the Ranger's pet optional like in GW1.

Because they switched from the classes being defined by their skills/elites into giving each class a "gimmick" and pets were the most obvious choice for rangers.

WARDUKE
Sep 18, 2012

Muscly armed warrior with glowing eyes and shit.
I played this when it first came out...Maybe to level 15 or so, but not much past there.

A friend recently picked up an account, and I was thinking about downloading it and giving it another shot.
Is it worth trying to get back into this late in the game?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I have to admit Thresher-Sickle 5000 is pretty great.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

WARDUKE posted:

I played this when it first came out...Maybe to level 15 or so, but not much past there.

A friend recently picked up an account, and I was thinking about downloading it and giving it another shot.
Is it worth trying to get back into this late in the game?
Yes, it's very similar to what we got at release, most of the content has been living story updates which are temporary content. There is a new zone, new events, and a lot of quality of life changes though.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Apparently there were nine secrets embedded in that Atlas thing: http://imgur.com/a/GmmCl

kewl

Carsius
May 7, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

Someone has yet to experience the joys of Blizzard customer support.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Conversely, I experienced prompt service when I purchased the wrong ascended trinket with guild commendations the other day. I had the correct trinket in my mailbox within 48 hours and they even let me keep the one I mistakenly bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Some places, you'd be lucky to get anything for two or three weeks, and even then it'd just be a copy pasted article from an irrelevant FAQ you were already pointed to by 10 different people. It'd take you a month or two to get through to an actual person with an actual answer, and it would probably be "gently caress you, can't be done."

In short, at least Gaile isn't valve.

• Locked thread