Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Merchant of Death posted:

The Pet Shop/Brownstone modular is the first set I saw a toilet in.

You also find them in quite a number of Friends sets. Heartlake City Pool, Summer Riding Camp, and the high school too, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

These new micro ships own bones, everyone should buy them.

edit - only thing I don't like is the front canopy on the tie fighter isn't fixed, it can spin freely.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

xzzy posted:

edit - only thing I don't like is the front canopy on the tie fighter isn't fixed, it can spin freely.

Agreed on both counts.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sadly the tie fighter had to sacrifice itself to supply parts in an effort to eliminate the minifig seat on the millenium falcon.

Lego 75030 sans minifig seat. by mrxzzy, on Flickr

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

xzzy posted:

I still miss the planets series, now I'm waiting on the Lambda shuttle/ACR170 polybags. Has anyone seen the mini tumbler polybag at Target yet?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Tanith posted:

I still miss the planets series, now I'm waiting on the Lambda shuttle/ACR170 polybags. Has anyone seen the mini tumbler polybag at Target yet?

Yeah. And it has the free kids lego land coupon thing on the back.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So I bought the gigantic Lego Movie pirate ship and it came today! However, the Piece Of Resistance free minikit was missing :( Apparently they ran out the day before I placed my order (hey, maybe you should remove the offer from your website if you're not doing it anymore) HOWEVER a nice lady from Lego emailed me to tell me that a Lego Movie minifig is in the post and on it's way to say sorry :3: In a way that's kind of better because I don't even know what I'll get!

E: As an aside, this thing weighs over 3 kilos and is loving gigantic. I don't even know how I'm going to get the box home.

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 24, 2014

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Sea Cow is putting such a torpedo to my plans to grab the Tower of Orthanc.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

RodShaft posted:

No. it's glued together.

xzzy posted:

Open the box and the car just falls out fully assembled, single mold cast.

Oh poo poo, However am I going to finish my dinner, since I got served twice.

"Does the thing come with additional Wheels?" is the question I should have asked.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Actually I was just trying to make a joke about the bad guys in the movie.

I'm surprised lord business allowed the vehicle multiple forms at all.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I'm sure it's fine as long as conversion is in the instructions!

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.
After having a sort of "meh" reaction the the delorean set I can't describe how excited I am for the ecto-1 ghostbusters set. The only thing I really wasn't impressed with was the proton packs on the minifigs, they looked so bland. Anyone who feels the same might be interested in what I found brickforge offering:

Much better all around IMO.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just looking at the smallpic, I thought that was a spec ops minifig ala Sam Fisher.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
The retro spaceman minifig comes with a pre-broken helmet. Only, it's not really broken, because the plastic is still connected. It's fake-broken. Fauxken. This strikes me as incredibly silly.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Definitely going to have to get the Ghostbusters set now :(

So long Harold Ramis.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Definitely going to have to get the Ghostbusters set now :(

So long Harold Ramis.

The highest and lowest feelings about Ghostbusters all in one month, drat I wanted to meet Egon one day

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

The highest and lowest feelings about Ghostbusters all in one month, drat I wanted to meet Egon one day

You and me both. :(

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Inspired by the new Microfighters sets I made a mini Batmobile today using only parts from Batmobile Two-Face set from a couple years ago.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

AllisonByProxy posted:

Inspired by the new Microfighters sets I made a mini Batmobile today using only parts from Batmobile Two-Face set from a couple years ago.

I don't see a killer sound system.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Has anyone seen any evidence of super nerds reverse engineering stuff from the movie in LDD yet?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Has anyone seen any evidence of super nerds reverse engineering stuff from the movie in LDD yet?

Someone in this thread built a ship from on of the posters, I made a couple of the spaceships that were in the credits. I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

xzzy posted:

Someone in this thread built a ship from on of the posters, I made a couple of the spaceships that were in the credits. I'm sure we're not the only ones.

I'm new to rediscovering my childhood hobby. I've poked around some of the links you guys have posted, like Brickforge, bricklink and brickipedia, but is there a site dedicated to LDD designs or "new" designs? I'd like to see what people have pulled from the movie (that isn't already a set).

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
Well here's Abe Lincoln's Rocket Chair if you're interested!

Nb: it should all be in white but in my file the grey bits are as per the Lego Movie videogame, which also had the rockets on the bottom (and the octagonal plate) in blue, but not all the parts are available in blue.

And here's Mega Kitty (requires parts from Angry Kitty in Emmet's construction mech)

MichaelFlatley fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 25, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Could we ask for a thread retitle at some point? Maybe change it to something more relevant?

Lego Megathread: Here Be Double-Decker Sofas

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I'm new to rediscovering my childhood hobby. I've poked around some of the links you guys have posted, like Brickforge, bricklink and brickipedia, but is there a site dedicated to LDD designs or "new" designs? I'd like to see what people have pulled from the movie (that isn't already a set).

Try flickr or mocpages.com I guess. I don't really hunt around for build instructions of other people's stuff but I'm sure it's out there. Even if there aren't instructions you can figure out a lot of the build just with a good quality photo.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Tuxedo Jack posted:

There's a flickr group called The Lego Exchange specifically for sharing .LXF files, you might want to take a look. There's quite a lot of neat builds being shared.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Fantastic, thanks!

By the way, built the micro Falcon this morning... Color me unimpressed.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Fantastic, thanks!

By the way, built the micro Falcon this morning... Color me unimpressed.

What were you expecting?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Can we please just get a UCS micro Falcon!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Looks like those Cuusoo Inspector Spacetime sets are going to be coming eventually: link.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cloks posted:

Looks like those Cuusoo Inspector Spacetime sets are going to be coming eventually: link.

Ohh interesting. Also good, because the Character Building Doctor Who sets were abysmal.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Anything specific? If i can get enough angles on something i can probably reverse engineer it.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

AzMiLion posted:

Anything specific? If i can get enough angles on something i can probably reverse engineer it.

I was a big fan of that enormous Batmobile, the piano in the saloon and the double decker couch. I can't wait until the bluray comes out so I can pause it frame by frame. Also, I want to build Emmett's apartment.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

AllisonByProxy posted:

That came out really good, I love the micro scale stuff.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Had to run to Meijer for a couple things and saw these which were totally new to me. I asked my son about it and it sounds like a pokemon type of cash grab thing. Anyone bought a set? I'm assuming only kids would be into them.

Then I saw this set while picking up some more micro fighters. I was already going to buy it because the minifigs are badass but then I noticed these blasters. Holy poo poo they are awesome! A close second to my personal favorite the old pirate cannon.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

Had to run to Meijer for a couple things and saw these which were totally new to me. I asked my son about it and it sounds like a pokemon type of cash grab thing. Anyone bought a set? I'm assuming only kids would be into them.

They're pretty cool in terms of the parts they have. If you like building mechs or monsters they're super useful because they come with a lot of joint pieces. The eyeballs will be handy too.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Here's my original post and pictures from when I completed the ship from Benny's poster. If you click the "?" under my name, you can scroll through and see some of the reverse engineering/building process and in one of my more recent posts I included the LDD files and an html link build guide for it.

ltr posted:

Finished the Lego Movie poster New Classic Space ship. I really like how it turned out. It's swooshable and the colors look nice. I'm still not happy with the rocket pods, I tried a couple different methods and just settled with using a technic axle through the rocket and bricks. It works, it's just not great. Used wings stacked on wings for the bottom and think it came out good. The trans yellow pieces on the bottom front bend down to form landing gear. The ship came in at only 170 pieces so small compared to today's sets.

I kinda want Lego to make this set to see how close/different my techniques are(plus that trans yellow cockpit hatch). But it's also neat to have built a ship that Lego designed but not produced yet.

Oh, and I lucked out on ordering a blue classic spaceman torso off of bricklink. He has great gold as can be seen from the first picture.

I have a snub fighter using the same design ideas in LLD that I will probably build. It's only 116 pieces including minifigure and I have a lot of the pieces already.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Those looks nice and I am loving cursing myself for not stocking up on ebaying-snapping up as many classic space men as I could.

Any blue spacemen now go for like 30$ online, it is crazy and of course in now way surprising!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

jeeves posted:

Any blue spacemen now go for like 30$ online, it is crazy and of course in now way surprising!

I have a single busted up blue helmet, wonder if I could get :10bux: for it! :v:

I'm half interested in finishing out those yellow dudes, but even a pair of yellow legs runs in the $3.00 range which is absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Anyone have the Parisian Restaurant and can confirm that it's as great as it looks? I get anxious right before making an order.