Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Bah. Teleportation is just an excuse to not build rail networks and item logistics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Mutamu posted:

I miss my following intra-linking link books. :smith:

The Link Modifier still exists but is uncraftable. Spawn one or pester an admin. Or build a teleporter network. Witchery has a personal bookmark teleporting system too as I understand it.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Cicadalek posted:

Are there any options for a "get me back home" teleport in NST diet? I set up shop on an island in the middle of nowhere, and usually I'd have dimdoors or mystcraft for that purpose.

Try
/homeset place1
/home place1

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
Uh, modifiers on books is still possible. That's what the Ink Mixer is for, not just for creating link pages - you drop dusts into the ink splot in the center to change the properties (for example, gold dust gives intra-linking.) I don't know if following is still possible, though.

Mutamu
Aug 10, 2011

He's Doctor, (pause), Doctor Shark!
Following is not possible. It's going to be a ~binding material~ modifier or some poo poo, if the mod ever includes them. Intra-linking is available via ink though.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
A fun discovery that i've made with thaumcraft 4.1; Make a primal charm and carry it around with you while doing thuamcraft stuff. It reacts to things and its flavour text changes sometimes. :haw:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

axelsoar posted:

Alright, someone who knows about Custom Stuff 2 please help me, what is wrong with this code
code:
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(4362,6, "quartzC");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(4362,7, "quartzDustC");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(7064,2, "siliconR");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(351,4, "lapis");

mod.addShapelessRecipe("quartzC 1", "lapis");
mod.addShapelessRecipe("quartzDustC 1", "siliconR");
Its in a file named mod.js I put in config/CustomStuff/mods , which I assume is where I am supposed to put it.

The only thing I can see off the top of my head; there should be a space between the ItemID and the Metadata in your Alias's. I'm not a programmer though so I don't know if this would make a differance:

code:
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(4362, 6, "quartzC");

axelsoar posted:

edit: I...I just had to make another folder and put the mod.js there? It can't be in the config/customstuff/mods folder? Okay then CustomStuff, not sure where I was supposed to figure that out from.

Make a subfolder for you mod in config/customstuff/mods and put the mod.js there.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 26, 2014

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Thaumcraft question: what do you throw into an Alchemical Furnace to get Victus? I want to make a Lamp of Growth and it wants 16 Victus essentia in a warded jar to infuse.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fondue posted:

Thaumcraft question: what do you throw into an Alchemical Furnace to get Victus? I want to make a Lamp of Growth and it wants 16 Victus essentia in a warded jar to infuse.

flowers.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I finally started pumping out all the oil I have in my undersea work site. It turns out I have quite a bit of the stuff. The 10 portable tanks I made are all full, and I'm starting to debate having a longer-term oil tank instead. Is it correct that the Railcraft iron tank's capacity is 16 buckets times the outer volume of the tank?

I'm trying to come up with clever ways of hollowing out the work site for my undersea dome. My initial plan was to work on my turtle program until it can do it all, but it looks like I can get most of the site preparation done with clever use of the digital miner. I wanted to know if this all sounded about right, and if there is anything else to worry about. I want a 128 diameter dome under the ocean, and I want the inside of it to to start out flat, with all dirt. I also need a ton of sand to smelt for the clear glass. Underneath the dirt I want it hollow so I can build out a good base. What I am planning to do now in the general perimeter is:

1. Poke the digital miner out of the ocean floor.
2. Have it mine everything to the low level I want.
3. Mine the floor y-level, replacing dirt, clay, and stone with dirt.
4. Hollow out everything 4 y-levels beneath the dirt.
5. Mine out all the ores.
6. Start up a quarry in that hollow 4-high region to finish clearing everything out, stopping to pump oil as I run into it.

I'll probably also set this thing up in some desert somewhere to dig out lots of sand for the glass operation.

I was planning to use a smeltery, with something to generate lava to feed it. Is that the most efficient method of making clear glass? Should I be using an array of electric smelter? I'm talking thousands and thousands of blocks quickly. When I did a smaller dome, I had something like a 3-high smeltery with basins all around it, artificially clocked to just keep pouring.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

fondue posted:

Nether Wart also works, which has the added benefit of providing Praecantitio for other things.

I'm a dummy and was thinking Herba.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 26, 2014

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Also eggs.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Bah. Teleportation is just an excuse to not build rail networks and item logistics!

I was way into the idea of rail networks carrying materials mined from my mines and drilled from my wells until I found out that the price of tracks in railcraft had been arbitrarilly increased and hidden behind several tech upgrades so that in the train mod featuring trains I wouldn't exploit the trans too early or too much.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I finally started pumping out all the oil I have in my undersea work site. It turns out I have quite a bit of the stuff. The 10 portable tanks I made are all full, and I'm starting to debate having a longer-term oil tank instead. Is it correct that the Railcraft iron tank's capacity is 16 buckets times the outer volume of the tank?
If you search for "Drum" and have it then those totally own. You can hold 256 buckets in a 1x1 or 1x2 (I forget) and you can pick them up with wrenches.

They aren't nearly as cool as railcraft tanks, but depending on where you are looking to store things they are top-notch for efficiency.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I'm trying to come up with clever ways of hollowing out the work site for my undersea dome. My initial plan was to work on my turtle program until it can do it all, but it looks like I can get most of the site preparation done with clever use of the digital miner. I wanted to know if this all sounded about right, and if there is anything else to worry about. I want a 128 diameter dome under the ocean, and I want the inside of it to to start out flat, with all dirt. I also need a ton of sand to smelt for the clear glass. Underneath the dirt I want it hollow so I can build out a good base. What I am planning to do now in the general perimeter is:

1. Poke the digital miner out of the ocean floor.
2. Have it mine everything to the low level I want.
3. Mine the floor y-level, replacing dirt, clay, and stone with dirt.
4. Hollow out everything 4 y-levels beneath the dirt.
5. Mine out all the ores.
6. Start up a quarry in that hollow 4-high region to finish clearing everything out, stopping to pump oil as I run into it.

I'll probably also set this thing up in some desert somewhere to dig out lots of sand for the glass operation.

I was planning to use a smeltery, with something to generate lava to feed it. Is that the most efficient method of making clear glass? Should I be using an array of electric smelter? I'm talking thousands and thousands of blocks quickly. When I did a smaller dome, I had something like a 3-high smeltery with basins all around it, artificially clocked to just keep pouring.

Depends on how you are going to start it.

If you have a flat ocean floor to start with, and you want to clear the water, you need walls and a roof, then you can just sponge the top and let the water fall away.

if you have an uneven ocean floor, or you have tunneled in with ocean above you, well, blasting is best. Double-charged obsidian TNT will get you a 15 tall, 4^2 chunk room easily. Double charging obsidiantnt is where you put the first charge connected to your primer, like rednet, and the second charge under that. That way the first blast activates the second tnt. I cleared my room by capping it with advanced blast walls, so all the explosive force was down and out. If you just let it go crazy, well, mileage may vary.

Obsidiantnt doesn't work if its wet by the way, so water on it make it pop and then do nothing. However, I use it for all my undersea expansion. 2-3 stacks minimum.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Khorne posted:

If you search for "Drum" and have it then those totally own. You can hold 256 buckets in a 1x1 or 1x2 (I forget) and you can pick them up with wrenches.

They aren't nearly as cool as railcraft tanks, but depending on where you are looking to store things they are top-notch for efficiency.

OK I'll look them first. I didn't know they could hold so much stuff. The work site is so transient that I wanted to avoid a tank. I've started to clean enough out that I could keep one somewhere for a little longer though.

Edit: Which mod does this? I see something about an item drum but nothing for liquids. I just get noise googling for it. When I get to the game I can just see what NEI comes up with, but I was hoping to read up on that in some down time here.

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

Depends on how you are going to start it.

If you have a flat ocean floor to start with, and you want to clear the water, you need walls and a roof, then you can just sponge the top and let the water fall away.

if you have an uneven ocean floor, or you have tunneled in with ocean above you, well, blasting is best. Double-charged obsidian TNT will get you a 15 tall, 4^2 chunk room easily. Double charging obsidiantnt is where you put the first charge connected to your primer, like rednet, and the second charge under that. That way the first blast activates the second tnt. I cleared my room by capping it with advanced blast walls, so all the explosive force was down and out. If you just let it go crazy, well, mileage may vary.

Obsidiantnt doesn't work if its wet by the way, so water on it make it pop and then do nothing. However, I use it for all my undersea expansion. 2-3 stacks minimum.

I both have an uneven floor and I have tunneled under it. I could blow holes in the stuff but I do already have a lot of power available, as well as the digital miner and the quarry. They're just sitting there, looking smart. Do these blasts preserve the ores?

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 26, 2014

salttotart
Mar 29, 2010

What's my favorite thing?

mechaet posted:

You may want to start an actual thread in PGS if you haven't already.

Just did! Everyone is welcome to post there for white-list access as well.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
I know this have come up recently, but I must be blind because I can't seem to find it. Whats the best way to interface a tesseract set to receive items to an AE system?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Hagop posted:

I know this have come up recently, but I must be blind because I can't seem to find it. Whats the best way to interface a tesseract set to receive items to an AE system?

An ME interface is treated as an inventory, and anything dumped into it gets sucked into the connected system if there is a place to put it. Put a tesseract directly adjacent to one and it will output into it.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Definitely having fun with the new Big Reactors in the NST Diet pack.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Edit: Which mod does this? I see something about an item drum but nothing for liquids. I just get noise googling for it. When I get to the game I can just see what NEI comes up with, but I was hoping to read up on that in some down time here.

I don't know it off of the top of my head and I'm on a minecraft-less laptop but I do know it's in NST Phatty. So, for a super roundabout way to find out, go to the platform and download that modpack and look in NEI? :v:

ZarquonHigardi
Mar 27, 2010
I believe Extra Utilities is the mod that adds the drums for liquids.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
God it. One of those drums is a lot less of a pain in the rear end than all the portable tanks I was running around with. I have all the oil cleaned out of my holes now so I can start digging away underground some more.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
Can someone walk me through getting WorldEdit running in my single player world on NST Diet? I found Single Player Commands for 1.6.4 but none of the .zips I tried actually work. One crashed Minecraft on load and the other seemingly does nothing.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

mechaet posted:

Definitely having fun with the new Big Reactors in the NST Diet pack.

Woah, holy poo poo. That's the new BR? Is that a giant loving fan blade in your reactor? Is there a nifty list of things Erogenous Beef did?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Woah, holy poo poo. That's the new BR? Is that a giant loving fan blade in your reactor? Is there a nifty list of things Erogenous Beef did?

Enjoy

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Alkydere posted:

Indeed that is. Arrath linked you to the new stuff...

So ErogenousBeef-

I setup the above and then after a fashion realized that no more extra steam was coming out for the water I was putting in. Seems like the active-cooled reactors give out a max of 5000mB/t before they simply cannot go any further.

Any chance we could get that as a config option (alternately: is it possible that you could increase this limit, or is it there for some other reason)?

Aside from that, I am having a hell of a blast playing with it! Thanks for 0.3 again.

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago
Right B-Team goons, I can't get project red trees to grow reliably (or some not at all) is there some art to it (want to farm them for dye's) or are there better alternatives I can plant for dye's

I wonder if there are biome issues with project red?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. I can't believe not a single person has created a "quick stack" mod yet for Minecraft. Not even the otherwise extremely useful inventory tweaks adds this function, because apparently shift-clicking everything in my inventory manually as I think about my inexorable march to the grave is a vital part of the Minecraft experience.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

dijon du jour posted:

Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. I can't believe not a single person has created a "quick stack" mod yet for Minecraft. Not even the otherwise extremely useful inventory tweaks adds this function, because apparently shift-clicking everything in my inventory manually as I think about my inexorable march to the grave is a vital part of the Minecraft experience.

Ctrl-shift-click will send all items of the same type into or out of an inventory that tweaks supports, and spacebar-click will mose as many items as possible (ignoring possible stacking, only empty slots get filled.)

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

m2pt5 posted:

Ctrl-shift-click will send all items of the same type into or out of an inventory that tweaks supports, and spacebar-click will mose as many items as possible (ignoring possible stacking, only empty slots get filled.)

I still have to manually match up items in my inventory to stacks in the chest (for ctrl-shift-click)/be working with a full chest (for space-click).
It's just that after playing Terraria for a while I really miss the convenience of a single button that you simply click and everything automatically sorts from your inventory into the chest.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Stuff like this is why I just jam AE into every modpack I play.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I'd kill for a "Fairy in a Box" style chest scanner. Ask it where something is, particular effects point at the chest in question. Can be upgraded to fetch items into its own storage slowly.

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

i know the filthy secrets of your heart

mechaet posted:

Indeed that is. Arrath linked you to the new stuff...

So ErogenousBeef-

I setup the above and then after a fashion realized that no more extra steam was coming out for the water I was putting in. Seems like the active-cooled reactors give out a max of 5000mB/t before they simply cannot go any further.

Any chance we could get that as a config option (alternately: is it possible that you could increase this limit, or is it there for some other reason)?

Aside from that, I am having a hell of a blast playing with it! Thanks for 0.3 again.

It's entirely arbitrary. I was planning to stick in an "upgrade" block later on that let you increase the size of the coolant chambers, but I'll add a "base coolant chamber size" config option to the next build.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Hopefully not a silly request, but could that be keyed to the size of the reactor in some fashion, say for example a base of 1000mb plus 250mb for each internal block that isn't a rod or solid metal/graphite block, or implied as a fixed multiplier per rod block or some other fashion that scales with physical reactor dimensions?

In other news, I built the worlds' worst turbine in my secret underground lair before realising that, duh, making long rotor blades is obviously far less efficient than smaller cubes. I guess I was hoping for a better inertia based generation on size than it actually gave. Worst technician ever.

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 27, 2014

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

i know the filthy secrets of your heart

Moogle posted:

Hopefully not a silly request, but could that be keyed to the size of the reactor in some fashion, say for example a base of 1000mb plus 250mb for each internal block that isn't a rod or solid metal/graphite block, or implied as a fixed multiplier per rod block or some other fashion that scales with physical reactor dimensions?

Yeah, it's not impossible. Let me sit down and think.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Do any MATmos alternatives exist for 1.6.4? I miss having the option of having situational Terraria music in Minecraft.
All I can find for music is the Music Timer Mod which doesn't do what I want at all.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
So I haven't played minecraft in forever, booted it up and installed Tekkit as it was recommended on the first page here.

Ahh, what do I do, there are a billion new recipes and I'm having choice overload. Is there some sort of starter guide so I can focus on the important early stuff? I remember from industrialcraft I need to get some power plants of some sort up and running early, do I still do that? (I think tekkit is related to industrialcraft?)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

TheChad posted:

So I haven't played minecraft in forever, booted it up and installed Tekkit as it was recommended on the first page here.

Ahh, what do I do, there are a billion new recipes and I'm having choice overload. Is there some sort of starter guide so I can focus on the important early stuff? I remember from industrialcraft I need to get some power plants of some sort up and running early, do I still do that? (I think tekkit is related to industrialcraft?)

Nope, industrialcraft was cut from the modern Tekkit. Good riddance, too.

You'll want to start with steam engines and a pulverizer / powered furnace combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Take it a mod at a time. Your best bet is to start with Thermal Expansion to get ore processing online and to generally start spitting out power. Then go with whatever looks interesting.

• Locked thread