Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ItalicSquirrels posted:

Anyone out there have pictures of a last stand? Panoramas are nice, but anything showing a last, struggling knot of survivors will do!

Literally the one page the old gods ever appeared on in Jack Kirby's Fourth World saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

ItalicSquirrels posted:

Anyone out there have pictures of a last stand? Panoramas are nice, but anything showing a last, struggling knot of survivors will do!

Not really fantasy, but I love Vasily Vereshchagin so here you go:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Randomly posting a Traveller alien, a Virush.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Last stand:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

http://blogs.metrotimes.com/news-blawg/detroit-man-attacked-samurai-sword/

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Anyone got any engineers, scientists, techpriests or general technophiles?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Techpriests and things

ItalicSquirrels
Feb 15, 2007

What?

lots of folks posted:

Last stands

Thanks folks! Making a fighter who was a last stand survivor. I gotta admit the playground zombie picture always makes me smile.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

HitTheTargets posted:

Literally the one page the old gods ever appeared on in Jack Kirby's Fourth World saga.

I can't stop looking at that one :gonk: face in the bottom right corner.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tollymain posted:

A Few Brash Not-Dudes

It's Spider Rose!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Tech dude

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

ItalicSquirrels posted:

I gotta admit the playground zombie picture always makes me smile.

I love it because it just so clearly tells a story. The boy with the trash can lid and the bat is a hero, the girl with the slingshot is the leading lady, the girl with the brick is the shy, glasses-wearing introvert who musters up some plucky courage and determination. It's so easy to imagine a fun, cool little story about that.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

DrSunshine posted:

I love it because it just so clearly tells a story. The boy with the trash can lid and the bat is a hero, the girl with the slingshot is the leading lady, the girl with the brick is the shy, glasses-wearing introvert who musters up some plucky courage and determination. It's so easy to imagine a fun, cool little story about that.

Primary school of the dead?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Photos from the Ukraine.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

ItalicSquirrels posted:

Thanks folks! Making a fighter who was a last stand survivor. I gotta admit the playground zombie picture always makes me smile.

I really like the picture, but it's one of the few that always gives me an uncomfortable feeling when I look at it. I'm not really positive why.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

You guys are talking about Last Stand, but I don't see any giant bugs. I need some giant bugs!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

RPZip posted:

I really like the picture, but it's one of the few that always gives me an uncomfortable feeling when I look at it. I'm not really positive why.

Because it's little children being forced to fight against the dead bodies of other children, who we can only assume were once their friends and neighbours, and therefore these survivors have been exposed to a harsh world of life and death that we (as adults) would strive to protect them from?

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Esser-Z posted:

You guys are talking about Last Stand, but I don't see any giant bugs. I need some giant bugs!

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Fuego Fish posted:

Because it's little children being forced to fight against the dead bodies of other children, who we can only assume were once their friends and neighbours, and therefore these survivors have been exposed to a harsh world of life and death that we (as adults) would strive to protect them from?

Well... yeah, other than the obvious. That would do it, though!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Fuego Fish posted:

It's okay though, they're just pretending.

... Right? Right?? :ohdear:

Yeah, myself I actually saw it more like one of Calvin's (from Calvin & Hobbes) ultra-realistic imaginings. The kids are pretending they're fighting off zombie kids while playing on the play structure.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DrSunshine posted:

It's okay though, they're just pretending.

... Right? Right?? :ohdear:

Yeah, myself I actually saw it more like one of Calvin's (from Calvin & Hobbes) ultra-realistic imaginings. The kids are pretending they're fighting off zombie kids while playing on the play structure.

They aren't pretending, but those kids are strong as gently caress so they'll win. How else are they coming to become Mighty Murder-Hobos, if they don't learn to fight off the corpses of their friends?

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Yesssss

I present, for your viewing pleasure, the best war elephant ever:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They look loving stoked to be riding in that tower. So loving happy.

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
I think I have a good challenge. A two-prong challenge.

I need swords. Long swords, short swords, greatswords Interesting and feasible swords, not "cool" swords, like the type you'd find at a drat renfest. Type of swords, whether sci-fi or fantasy, that look like a career warrior or hero would actually wield. They can be ornate as all hell, but I want swords with sensible silhouettes.

Less this stupid poo poo

And more of this

And this (The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies were pretty good about making interesting, but feasible weapons)

Also demonic and ragged, well-worn swords

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
This guy makes some awesome looking feasible and usable swords. I own one of his swords, picture used to be there but drat does it look nice and actually cuts quite well.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I've always had a certain fondness for the basket hilt. It just looks so... refined.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I spend too much time looking at this site and daydreaming (in reality I'd look like that dragon twister guy)

http://www.albion-swords.com/index.html

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
http://art-of-swords.tumblr.com

Pictures of real swords from various cultures and time periods.

Ktzi
Aug 1, 2006

There are plenty of spiders!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Something I just saw on my G+:

Source: http://regourso.tumblr.com/

Regourso's a cool guy. I played 4e with him over Roll20 last year before the inconsistent scheduling led me to drop it. Fantastic artist, great world-builder.

Some more of his work, for the 4e setting he made:

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
JT Pälikkö makes some beautiful and very usable swords. Check out the pattern welded longsword. :swoon:

CaptainPete
Apr 26, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

I think that picture is related or inspired by this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1593074506/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I plan on ordering it as soon as it comes back in stock.

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
These are all nice, thanks a bunch! You can keep Em coming! :)

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Ktzi posted:

Some more of his work, for the 4e setting he made:

Now I want to know more about this setting. Gun Knights and 4 eyed orcs intrigue me.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Getting a Black Lagoon vibe from this, and I now realize that Fantasy Black Lagoon would be an awesome setting.

Ktzi
Aug 1, 2006

There are plenty of spiders!
The four-eyed people are called Djarda, and they come in all kinds of colors. I'm not to clear on what they're about, but that's because I've long since lost the setting overview he gave me.

The viking with the gun? That's a soldier of Midgard. Everything's like this; it's like you took a typical fantasy setting, with the wacky races and people with random superpowers, and set it in the modern era. The actual game itself ended up playing like Black Lagoon in a fantasy setting.

I was a werewolf ranger who was part of Midgard's Special Forces Rangers. SMGs and Machetes versus horrorterrors.

It was pretty great.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Is it bad that I was able to identify almost all of those Dark Souls swords at first glance?

Demon Machete, Manserpent Greatsword, Black Knight Sword, Greatsword of Artorias, Cursed Greatsword of Artorias/Abyss Greatsword

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Well, the first three are the three favorite strength-build weapons, and the shield is one of the better shields in the game too. So I wouldn't call it too strange.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Hey, I'm planning on playing a female druid. Can I get some wildwomen? Preferably vaguely classsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
With varying degrees of wildness, class, and druidability.