Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Hey, just wanted to chime in and say that WCW Souled Out '97 has a Miss NWO Beauty Contest and a live band. It's just as terrible and hilarious as I remember it. Well worth $10 a month so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Beobeobeo posted:

Hey, just wanted to chime in and say that WCW Souled Out '97 has a Miss NWO Beauty Contest and a live band. It's just as terrible and hilarious as I remember it. Well worth $10 a month so far.

I'm really glad I watched that with the Synctube crew so I knew I wasn't hallucinating it. Such a terrible waste of time, on a PPV or otherwise.

Wrestlemania X ladder match report - Shawn's rear end is unblurred and intact

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I finished watching Uncensored 96 and wish I hadn't, that Doomsday Cage match (-*** from Meltzer) was god awful. I'm having some fun watching PPVs then going into the Observer archives and reading Dave's report on the show.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

gypsyshred posted:

Someone recommend good Jake the Snake matches.

His match against Savage at Tuesday in Texas is one of my favorites. I haven't seen it in forever so I don't remember how the match itself was, but the heat was crazy

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress, I am getting audio, but the video froze. Is this a common issue?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Carlton Banks posted:

His match against Savage at Tuesday in Texas is one of my favorites. I haven't seen it in forever so I don't remember how the match itself was, but the heat was crazy

It also features two of the best promos I've heard, Jake's prematch and Savage's postmatch.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Finally been able to get most of the way through WM17 on PS3 with minimal stuttering.

Totally forgot the classic JR line "Lita's jerking Edge off!

the ladder..."

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

triplexpac posted:

If anyone is looking for a solid VPN service, I've used Unblock US for years with no complaints. And they were working on getting the Network working today, looks like they have it:

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/1459480-we-now-support-wwe-network

Are you watching with this from your internet browser or can you get the app working with this through PS3 or xbox? My roomates have it and can't get it to work on their systems. They can download it but videos don't play, just endlessly buffer.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea every so often even Cole or JBL do some really good commentary and all. They know how to do it, they just have a monkey in their ear yelling "GODDAMNIT REMIND THEM OF THE NETWORK".

Yeah, the Network pushing was pretty bad all throughout this week's RAW. But I did like the go between Cole and JBL when they were showing off the searching.

:clint: :Look here this is my match with so-and-so!
:colbert: : You lost that one.
:clint: :And this match here...
:colbert: : You lost that one too...
etc.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Souled Out is just fascinating as a stylistic deviance. Wrestling was once hot enough that they could afford to do avant grade biker culture shows that had no mainstream appeal whatsoever.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shame to hear about ECW edits. Did they edit any crowd chants?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Abu Dave posted:

Shame to hear about ECW edits. Did they edit any crowd chants?

A bit.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I just watched One Night Stand 2006 and the crowd chants and signs were all uncensored, along with plenty of middle fingers. The only things bleeped were Angle cussing out Orton and Ball Mahoney screaming when fell out of the ring.

Aolsux
Jun 18, 2003
Late to the party, There's some Canadian friends inquiring about this service. What's the easiest way for them to sign up? & does it require a vpn/proxy?

e: I haven't watched any wrestling in awhile so this is the first I'm hearing about this network.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aw a shame that they edited some of the chants. I was watching Royal Rumble 93 and there was some real weird editing in it, like they'd cut out anytime anyone completely said World Wrestling federation either with a beep or a skip in the video, but then they'd show the logo and wouldn't bleep WWF

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Abu Dave posted:

Aw a shame that they edited some of the chants. I was watching Royal Rumble 93 and there was some real weird editing in it, like they'd cut out anytime anyone completely said World Wrestling federation either with a beep or a skip in the video, but then they'd show the logo and wouldn't bleep WWF

Uncensored bleeped out the F when one of the announcers mentioned Madusa dropping the WWF Women's Championship in a bin on Nitro. As people have said it's probably the Classics on Demand shows they had edited. We might see non-edited masters eventually trickle in.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Anyone else got all the buffering and freezing back tonight?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
When will they be adding the full run of the Mr McMahon and his rear end cartoon?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

njsykora posted:

Uncensored bleeped out the F when one of the announcers mentioned Madusa dropping the WWF Women's Championship in a bin on Nitro. As people have said it's probably the Classics on Demand shows they had edited. We might see non-edited masters eventually trickle in.

It's weird that they'd just upload the edited versions when they just had that blanket deal saying they can say WWF all they want in archive footage. Maybe it goes back to the "we didn't know what people would actually want to watch" thing.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's weird that they'd just upload the edited versions when they just had that blanket deal saying they can say WWF all they want in archive footage. Maybe it goes back to the "we didn't know what people would actually want to watch" thing.

Already digitized/less work most likely.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
WWE Network has taught me about how great Tyler Breeze is. Success.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Is the audio muted right as Undertaker wins at Wrestlemania 17 or is this a phenomenon isolated solely to me?

jcxx
Jun 1, 2004

DannoMack posted:

Are you watching with this from your internet browser or can you get the app working with this through PS3 or xbox? My roomates have it and can't get it to work on their systems. They can download it but videos don't play, just endlessly buffer.

I used his guide and it works perfectly.

I Just changed the dns settings in my PS3.

Everything works, live stream and VOD.

Mautr
Sep 8, 2008

Karma Tornado posted:

Is the audio muted right as Undertaker wins at Wrestlemania 17 or is this a phenomenon isolated solely to me?

It's happening to me too. Audio starts up again when they show the Rock.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Mautr posted:

It's happening to me too. Audio starts up again when they show the Rock.

Gonna pretend JR spent like three minutes unleashing the foulest train of profanity ever uttered as soon as the Last Ride hit, then. GAME OVER GAME OVER and then a cloud of Dagwood swears.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Karma Tornado posted:

Nope, happened to me too.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Some manner of music rights fuckery? I would have assumed that Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin would have been licensed well enough to use, but I guess I could be wrong. Maybe they only got rights to the live performance*

*that happened at Mania 17, right? I really don't recall, but I plan on checking my dvd of it when I get home.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Asked before, is there any NXT up archived. If I can go back and watch months of NXT I might buy for Arrival.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

STAC Goat posted:

Asked before, is there any NXT up archived. If I can go back and watch months of NXT I might buy for Arrival.

That's what I'm doing right now. There's a lot of NXT here. I'm laughing at Bo Dallas saying "heck".

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Christ, I forgot how absolutely awful SummerSlam '88 was. The only highlight was the Warrior running out and pinning Honky Tonk in what, two minutes?

Summary of Superstar Billy Graham's commentary: "And they want it, brother! The British Bulldogs want it bad and they want to hurt these guys! Davey Boy's got the power, look at that body!" Two minutes later: "Yeah, Monsoon! The difference is that these guys want it bad! And they're out to hurt these other guys! Check out this guy's physique, MONSOON, he's got the power!"

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I missed the CM Punk era of WWE except for WWECW, anyone got any good matches to watch of his?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Abu Dave posted:

I missed the CM Punk era of WWE except for WWECW, anyone got any good matches to watch of his?

all his matches with Cena are great and his match with Brock from Summerslam last year was just as good

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Abu Dave posted:

MITB 2011, SummerSlam 2011, Whichever One Had Bryan, Survivor Series 2012, maybe Royal Rumble 2012?

e: 2/25/13 Raw, SummerSlam 2013, WM29

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks guys.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Memento posted:

Some manner of music rights fuckery? I would have assumed that Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin would have been licensed well enough to use, but I guess I could be wrong. Maybe they only got rights to the live performance*

*that happened at Mania 17, right? I really don't recall, but I plan on checking my dvd of it when I get home.

It's music rights because Rolin' is pretty drat loud during that whole period. But it's probably also a victim of Classics on Demand editing because Insurrextion 2001 has that music on the Network.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

That's what I'm doing right now. There's a lot of NXT here. I'm laughing at Bo Dallas saying "heck".

There's actually not a lot of NXT here at all. Probably due to Hulu issues.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Whichever One Had Bryan

Over the Limit 2012

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
So I'm inviting a friend over for NXT Arrival tomorrow night at 8 and we're potentially going to pick up food at 8ish when it starts. Not sure if anyone would know at this point, but would there be a "Play from beginning" or maybe a "pause" button during PPV's like these or will I have to catch it live in order to watch it in full? I'm assuming no, not for live events, but I just want to make sure.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Serf Surviving posted:

So I'm inviting a friend over for NXT Arrival tomorrow night at 8 and we're potentially going to pick up food at 8ish when it starts. Not sure if anyone would know at this point, but would there be a "Play from beginning" or maybe a "pause" button during PPV's like these or will I have to catch it live in order to watch it in full? I'm assuming no, not for live events, but I just want to make sure.

You can hit play from beginning on any live broadcast yeah

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Deadpool posted:

It's music rights because Rolin' is pretty drat loud during that whole period. But it's probably also a victim of Classics on Demand editing because Insurrextion 2001 has that music on the Network.

There's actually not a lot of NXT here at all. Probably due to Hulu issues.

Oh snap you're right. I just got done watching 18th and then welp it only goes back to the 5th. Now I'm going to be sad when I get there.

I do wish they had more of that. And Raws and Smackdowns. And the WWE ECW.

Edit: I love the names of the Smackdown shows though. "Goatface Killah", "The Beard Rebounds", "On the Rhodes Again", "Wyatt Family Matters".

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Maxwell Lord posted:

Souled Out is just fascinating as a stylistic deviance. Wrestling was once hot enough that they could afford to do avant grade biker culture shows that had no mainstream appeal whatsoever.

You can afford to do a lot with Ted Turner's money.