Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

West SAAB Story posted:

Pretty much this. Almost everyone went with the 5.3, too. The trollblazer did come in a pretty blue, though.

It also came with a pretty decent AWD system. Really, slap a 6 speed auto behind the engine and it would have been a decent SUV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

I can only really blame the owner for the wheels, but really - blue green metallic with the gold package on their last well-styled sedan? Burled wood trim? Was there a 1992 options group?

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/4346020117.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4348755074.html

THIS IS NOT MY CAR

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4325594650.html

Howabout a car that hops?

edit

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4347964063.html

Or a sweet ram air fabrication.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 25, 2014

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4347363527.html

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

How does that car literally not beat itself apart? All of that weight bouncing has to be violent.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

The meme of ironic overselling on craigslist is pretty tired at this point but that one was really well written and funny. It actually makes me want the car too.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/4348373830.html

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Terrible Robot posted:

I am actually legit concerned that this will happen to my Celica as time goes by, especially the ECU and such. It's the bastard generation; first FWD gen, and the only car period that got the 3SGE in the US, for only 4 years. Really only the All-Tracs get any sort of attention anymore, and those are rare as hell already. Hell I know for a fact that the very last NOS wiring harness for them was sold to a guy in Maryland.

I just bought my other All Trac from him. He is a good friend of mine...

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

alternate.eago posted:

I just bought my other All Trac from him. He is a good friend of mine...

Hah, small world. He's a hell of a good guy, I drove up and stayed at his house for a 4th gen meetup back in...gently caress, 2007. He gave me a new hub/control arm to replace my bent one so my drive home would be less harrowing than the drive up. I haven't posted on st162.net in too long (out of shame mostly, I really need to fix my Celica), but next time you see him tell him 86GTMonkey says hi.

Out of curiosity, was the AT white or red?

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
I see these ads all the time:

I am in need of a Vehicle, Please help Carless (Kyle,TX) posted:

Hi my name is Sonya,
I live in Kyle. I am carless, the nearest store is 5 miles away. I always have to wait for a friend to pick me up just to grocery shopping, and most of the time he can't because he's working. Please if you can help me with a car, or truck, I don't have alot of money but I have some.
Please call me anytime, (512) 744-7700 Thank you and God bless you.

It's always a female and sometimes they post a picture. I figure it's either really an ad for prostitution, or setting someone up to be robbed at gun point. I'm very tempted to call just to see what they want.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Terrible Robot posted:

Hah, small world. He's a hell of a good guy, I drove up and stayed at his house for a 4th gen meetup back in...gently caress, 2007. He gave me a new hub/control arm to replace my bent one so my drive home would be less harrowing than the drive up. I haven't posted on st162.net in too long (out of shame mostly, I really need to fix my Celica), but next time you see him tell him 86GTMonkey says hi.

Out of curiosity, was the AT white or red?

It was actually a blue one. I already have a white one. I think I may have seen you at that meet. I was either in a red st162 convertible, or a white MK2 MR2 auto.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

alternate.eago posted:

It was actually a blue one. I already have a white one. I think I may have seen you at that meet. I was either in a red st162 convertible, or a white MK2 MR2 auto.

I seem to recall an SW20 at the meet, I was in the baby-blue lift back without a spoiler. Funnily enough the control arm he have me came off of a red convertible...

Blue AT...not Eric's (pretty sure that's his name...) old one, was it? I drooled over that thing at the meet.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 25, 2014

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
No not Eric's. His was the caged one. This is one that was hidden away, had a whole bunch of stuff done to it but never quite finished before he had a Kid.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

alternate.eago posted:

No not Eric's. His was the caged one. This is one that was hidden away, had a whole bunch of stuff done to it but never quite finished before he had a Kid.

Ah, yeah I forgot that Eric's had a cage. Also, Willie has a kid? I am really out of the loop.

I'm hoping to get the GT-S back on the road this year, I need to stop being a recluse and get active on the site again.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Citycop posted:

I see these ads all the time:

It's always a female and sometimes they post a picture. I figure it's either really an ad for prostitution, or setting someone up to be robbed at gun point. I'm very tempted to call just to see what they want.

Could also be a front for a car flipper. Buy super low with a sympathy play, then just turn them around for a quick thousand dollars.

And speaking of this, the funniest version I've see is someone selling a 70's Mustang with some cleaned up photos in a dealer lot for like $8k. Trouble was, there was an ad from two weeks ago with the same car in some guy's back year for $4, or something like that. I emailed them asking about it and why there were two listings for the same car and they told me to "mind my own loving business".

I've also been emailing people that post auctions for cars in cities ten hours away. Some seem actually confused and somehow ended up on the wrong CL page, but most get extremely defensive and respond with a variation of the previous statement such as:

quote:

Why you so concerned? HateTown got you salty gently caress.

Sent from my iPhone

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
Not exactly craigslist/for-sale stuff, but this is up y'alls alley:
http://imgur.com/a/YseHy
Some dude on reddit found an abandoned (Mazda?) dealership

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hog Obituary posted:

Not exactly craigslist/for-sale stuff, but this is up y'alls alley:
http://imgur.com/a/YseHy
Some dude on reddit found an abandoned (Mazda?) dealership

Oh man, that's beautiful. The condition is amazing.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.
Wouldn't the tires have gone flat? That's gotta be someone using it as a garage, right?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That one shot looks nothing like the rest of the photos. What are the chances

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Looks like some real gold.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
262 HP TBI 90-deg V6?

That's a really optimistic number of ponies.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Someone should let him know that Cubic Inches != Horsepower.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
"You've never seen, anything, like this before."

Is it just me, or is this an insanely good deal? $2000 worth of work and it would be a 10-$15,000 car. Rebuild/replace the tranny (or maybe just a fluid flush??) , get some junkyard seats and a macco paint job and you got yourself a badass whip.

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/4346967859.html

watch this for full effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7ijUkgc-4

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Voltage posted:

Is it just me, or is this an insanely good deal? $2000 worth of work and it would be a 10-$15,000 car. Rebuild/replace the tranny (or maybe just a fluid flush??) , get some junkyard seats and a macco paint job and you got yourself a badass whip.

Who is buying what is one of the worst Corvettes for 10-15k when you can get a C5 for that much?

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

Voltage posted:

I think you could be on to something with making yourself a cheap toy to thrash the hell out of. But, it could easily end up being a horrible money pit unless you could/want to do all of the labor yourself, including to fix the transmission and repaint it.

You can already find much nicer examples for what it would cost just to buy that thing and get a cheap transmission rebuild and paint job for it. Trying to get the interior presentable again would make be spendy on top of that, and I'd bet it has electrical gremlins too. If, say, that digital dash is hosed, you're looking at several hundred just for that.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Octopus Magic posted:

Who is buying what is one of the worst Corvettes for 10-15k when you can get a C5 for that much?

I think "worst" is a pretty harsh term for the C4 (a smog-era C3 is just straight up awful; the C4 may not be the prettiest thing but they were a huge leap forward in performance once they got rid of the crossfire, and not just in a straight line).

That said, yeah, Corvette pricing is insane. $10k will buy you a godawful plastic-bumper C3 or questionable-condition C4, but $15k and some haggling will get you into a C5.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/rvs/4350453629.html

Flxible new look.
He's wrong on a bunch of different things. It should be 31,33, or 35' long. and it should have a detroit in it. If its been swapped, welp, it'll get swapped again.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Hooters Etailer posted:

You can already find much nicer examples for what it would cost just to buy that thing and get a cheap transmission rebuild and paint job for it. Trying to get the interior presentable again would make be spendy on top of that, and I'd bet it has electrical gremlins too. If, say, that digital dash is hosed, you're looking at several hundred just for that.

See? SEE? I am telling you people there will be very few people willing to keep '80s cars running.

Some Craigslist Dude posted:

Gas mileage - I need to sell because my job is requiring me to commute and I need a smaller car for work

I love it. This dude is daily driving a limo as his main car.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One of the dispatchers at a local bus line here DDs a limo a little shorter than that. Except his looks like a hoarder's house/car and is full of garbage and random junk.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think "worst" is a pretty harsh term for the C4 (a smog-era C3 is just straight up awful; the C4 may not be the prettiest thing but they were a huge leap forward in performance once they got rid of the crossfire, and not just in a straight line).

That said, yeah, Corvette pricing is insane. $10k will buy you a godawful plastic-bumper C3 or questionable-condition C4, but $15k and some haggling will get you into a C5.

I was mostly speaking specifically the '84 model vs. all the C4s, just to clarify. ;)

205 galloping ponies out of a 350. Nice work, GM.

But yes, Corvette prices are built out of lies and giant dreams from geriatrics that all are convinced that their 60k mile C4 is really worth 18k because they didn't drive it in the winter and "It's a Corvette!"

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think "worst" is a pretty harsh term for the C4 (a smog-era C3 is just straight up awful;

You can always put a different power plant in a C3. Then you will have a decent car that looks awesome. Who cares if it can turn.
Even the best C4 (ZR1) still looks like a C4.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I'd love to see an SR20DET C3 Corvette.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Octopus Magic posted:

I was mostly speaking specifically the '84 model vs. all the C4s, just to clarify. ;)

205 galloping ponies out of a 350. Nice work, GM.

Yeah, but even then, "worst" would go to that same turd of an engine in the C3 chassis. Styling can at least be subjective, but the C4 platform is lightyears ahead of the C3. As a kid I was often regaled of how the C4 was largely responsible for the creation of SCCA's "SS" class, though I can't find anything to confirm this today.

Also, look at these loving intake manifold ports. The shaded part is matched to the gasket / port profile of the heads. The crossfire was doomed from birth with no ability to breathe.

Tai-Pan posted:

You can always put a different power plant in a C3. Then you will have a decent car that looks awesome. Who cares if it can turn.
Even the best C4 (ZR1) still looks like a C4.

Maybe I played too much Vette! as a kid but I've always had a soft spot for the C4's styling. It's not great, but to me it looks far better than what GM did when they ruined the C3 by getting rid of the chrome bumpers.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
My dad has a low-mileage 84 'Vette with the odd 4+3 manual. He bought one back in 84, autocrossed it and then sold it when he got married. It may not be fast, but it can turn like crazy with the big tires in back. It was a monster at autocross back in the day. In his words, "...it isn't fast enough to break the rear end loose, so you can drive it to the limit 100% of the time".

The one he has now he got for $4k after the seller had it up for sale for 14 months. The transmission likes to spring random leaks every 6 months or so. Everything leaks. You have to really LOVE an early C4 to want one.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
Supposedly I have a guy coming down to buy the Celica today from Memphis. If your not doing anything wish me luck because I may need it.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
A 1 owner 87 NA MR2 popped up near me that's pretty clean. 122k miles. They're asking 5 OBO - what would you guys offer?

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Yikes, 5K seems insane for an AW11 with over 100K.
Unless its 100% rust free and museum quality, don't pay 5K for a non turbo.

$3k TOPS.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Voltage posted:

Yikes, 5K seems insane for an AW11 with over 100K.
Unless its 100% rust free and museum quality, don't pay 5K for a non turbo.

$3k TOPS.

For a stock but clean one, yea $5k is insane. Maybe if it was running a 20v or v6 swap with good suspension it would be worth $5k.

Dead stock and low mileage? $3k sounds about right. Hell I am working on setting up a deal for a 1mz swapped '87 with good suspension/etc for $3.5k.

Speaking of, any LA area goon want to check out a car for me?

*edit*
Speaking of cars being bought and immediately relisted, this was being sold by a local guy on the mr2oc forums for a while. I think he last had it listed at $3k and right when I was going to go take a look, he sold it. Now its back on CL

Best part is that the guy who listed it previously bought the car from someone in oregon and never transfered the title to WA, and from the pics in the ad it doesn't look like this owner has either. I have to assume that something is up with the car, or maybe I just don't understand the idea behind buying a car and immediately trying to trade it for something else.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 27, 2014

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I've seen people buying cars to trade before. Doesn't make any loving sense, basically everyone on kijiji who wants to trade either has garbage or extremely overvalues their car. I was trying to trade my old 330Ci for a fuel efficient car + cash. People with stock '99 civics wanted straight trades, it was ridiculous. They'd always use the line "I know how BMWs are".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Citycop posted:

Supposedly I have a guy coming down to buy the Celica today from Memphis. If your not doing anything wish me luck because I may need it.
Why are you selling that beautiful car? I feel like you only posted a few months ago asking us if you should buy it or not.