Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fulchrum posted:

Eventually his editor would figure it out.

Oh, who am I kidding.

You think one ring malfunctioning was the sole problem with the Sochi Olympics? The buildings with no heat, nonopening doors, toxic tap water and easily collapsible roofs, those are just par for the course?

Oh no, I'm sure :tinsley: will cover those by the time he runs out of list material of the Olympics in May. Nevermind that the 'joke' 'series' IS STARTING AFTER THE GODDAMN OLYMPICS ARE OVER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Holy poo poo is death a cool guy I would party with. Just look at him, he's so goddamn cool. gently caress. Going to make this my avatar when I get the scratch. :h:

Manpower, seen here represented by a tank. Because.

Jan Brewer, who was afflicted with facial paralysis for vetoing a bill.

Jesusama Hardgay.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Bill Day's had a pretty good run lately huh

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Fulchrum posted:

Eventually his editor would figure it out.

Oh, who am I kidding.

You think one ring malfunctioning was the sole problem with the Sochi Olympics? The buildings with no heat, nonopening doors, toxic tap water and easily collapsible roofs, those are just par for the course?

Oh, poo poo, I totally forgot about the Potemkin housing at Sochi.

Perhaps if it had been more timely, ahem, ahem.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

It feels like he swapped cause and effect here.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Not gonna dispute that. The anti-gay laws are written with the venom of bigotry? Really works a lot better for this.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
The anti-gay laws are full of bigotry :colbert:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Guys you just don't understand, government assistance is bad because it interferes with Churches and charity assisting the homeless. If there were no food stamps or government assistance, then churches and charity (and the FREE MARKET) would pick up the slack, and more!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Air is lava! posted:

It feels like he swapped cause and effect here.

I think it's the anti-gay legislation will come back to bite them in the end.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Fulchrum posted:

Because of France, yes, this is completely true.

The use of that army bankrupted France and lead to actual bread riots that brought down the government,...so...that's still AGC , right?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I decided to take it in a better direction.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bigotry is the venom within the anti-gay laws? Works for me.

While the metaphor could be better used, I appreciate that Bill Day is doing all original art and has been for a while.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 1, 2014

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Arizona are making an asp of themselves?

I'm so sorry

Peever
Nov 14, 2004

This shit's chess, it ain't checkers! Shit. They build jails 'cause of me.
I had to stop reading these cartoon threads a year ago because they were making me insane. So against my better judgement I had to peek in here only to see Day By Day is still just three panels of hands on hips posing while talking about how "Liberals are the real racists!". gently caress you Muir.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I love it when Day just goes full-on grotesque. Day can manage a level of carefully disturbing that even Denolas couldn't reach.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx

The fact that this is considered a bad thing shows you all you need to know about the conservative moral compass.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I thought this was odd at first but I've come round on it. Anti-gay laws (such as the ones that let you refuse to serve gay people) are often about allowing people to perform acts of bigotry.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
He has Obama smoking here.

And for everyone shocked on this, remember that in 2008 Asay did one where he un-ironically used guns and butter as praise for McCain and bashing Obama. These people are broken on a level that is hard to appreciate

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 1, 2014

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I thought this was odd at first but I've come round on it. Anti-gay laws (such as the ones that let you refuse to serve gay people) are often about allowing people to perform acts of bigotry.

Yeah, I was thinking about it, and I think this one would be even more effective if is said "religious freedom" laws, or whatever. The core of the idea s that the law itself doesn't say "feel free to be a bigot", but that would be the effect.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Look at how loving smug that pig is.

"Heh, I got in on the ground floor of the currency that is going to replace all fiat, heh"

And then he farts

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That pig looks more :shobon: than :smug: to me. The cutest farting cryptocurrency.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

That's treason, Piggy!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fried Chicken posted:

He has Obama smoking here.

And for everyone shocked on this, remember that in 2008 Asay did one where he un-ironically used guns and butter as praise for McCain and bashing Obama. These people are broken on a level that is hard to appreciate

Actually I don't remember it, please post.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

comsymp
Oct 31, 2012
New Bennett:

It really is the PERFECT gift!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

IDGI :saddowns:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

comsymp posted:

New Bennett:

I'm not sure what this means. Can someone explain it to me?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

It means :getout:.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

WarpedNaba posted:

Imagine opening the briefcase while carrying it. I assume it's supposed to open on the underside. :shrug:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

What do you do with a suitcase?

(You use it to pack up and leave)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Oh, it's a suitcase!

I thought it was a lunchbox.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Definitely agree, easiest good cartoon ever, but I'm telling you now that in probably a day or two we're going to start getting cartoons where the President is criticized for cutting the defense budget while WAR IS WAGED IN EUROPE. (Ugh, this Ukraine mess is giving me agita.)

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Randler posted:

Imagine opening the briefcase while carrying it. I assume it's supposed to open on the underside. :shrug:

Suitcase, not a briefcase, so you don't open it while carrying it.

Peever posted:

I had to stop reading these cartoon threads a year ago because they were making me insane. So against my better judgement I had to peek in here only to see Day By Day is still just three panels of hands on hips posing while talking about how "Liberals are the real racists!". gently caress you Muir.

Strangely, that's mostly what it's been since 2009!

TheDarkFlame posted:

This might be asking a bit much, but how hard would it be to remove all the autoshading on this drat cartoon? I know almost nothing about image editing but I'm tempted to fire up paint.net and see if I can't manage it somehow. Just look at it. At this point it's covering the entire drat page from corner to corner, it makes it look like some kind of botched printer error or something.

If you can find the black-and-white version of that cartoon, oftentimes it'll less autoshaded.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"But the three of us can pray together right now." "No thanks. I'm only interested if it's inside a classroom."

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

You know what I love about this cartoon? Looks at how many swords are still there. There are still more swords there any Obama needs, so beating a few into food stamps and stuff for the poor won't hurt our ability to fight.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

comsymp posted:

New Bennett:

Too many labels. Man, Bennett has really lost his touch lately.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PassTheRemote posted:

You know what I love about this cartoon? Looks at how many swords are still there. There are still more swords there any Obama needs, so beating a few into food stamps and stuff for the poor won't hurt our ability to fight.

NOOOOO WE NEED ALL THOSE SWORDS WHAT IF OSAMA'S CORPSE RISES FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN?!? :saddowns:

The fact that America's military is so advanced means that the only threats to it are caused by its own incompetence, which no amount of tanks or bombers can make up for. But realizing that we can't solve our military problems by throwing more money at it would require admitting a flaw in the glorious American ideals of unnecessary spending and oversized guns, so lets just keep throwing money into the war machine while people starve. The more this cartoon comes up the more it pisses me off.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Actually I don't remember it, please post.

"Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat." - Herman Goering, 1936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Oh, it's a suitcase!

I thought it was a lunchbox.

Old fashion suitcase to be exact.

Fried Chicken posted:

"Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat." - Herman Goering, 1936

Never heard this quote from Goering before. Ironic given how fat he got.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 1, 2014

• Locked thread