Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Thank you very much! Please do an insanely over the top marvel super for Bryan kneeing HHH at Wrestlemania, if that happens. Maybe a screen of marvel font Yes's after impact.

Then again, I can't really coach the master. Keep up the excellent work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
That's literally the best website since Maddox.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love you, Scott Hall :allears:

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm happy Scott seems to be in such good spiri- I mean, such a good mood.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Holy poo poo Scott http://comeonandsl.am/ :drat:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Dolph...

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, he isn't wrong. Pointing out that the company will only get more pissy for saying that they're wrong is more an indictment of the company, not him.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah but publicly saying these things has never worked for Ziggler in the past so you'd think he'd have learned by now. Also, it was a random match on Smackdown, nobody cares besides him.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Zigglers never going to win another match again after all this, is he.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Twitter is the worst thing for a disgruntled wrestler. Foley said in an interview that he asked Zack if he ever approached Vince with his grievances and Zack said no. It'd be one thing to take to Twitter after you've spoken your mind. But to passive-aggressively snipe without trying to deal with it like a professional is plain foolish.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dolph ziggler is a moron and i hope he gets released so i can watch him indie wrestle

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

dolph ziggler is a moron and i hope he gets released so i can watch him indie wrestle

"By god, Tenay, could it be...it is! That's Rolf Wiggler!"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Batista posted:

Yeah but publicly saying these things has never worked for Ziggler in the past so you'd think he'd have learned by now. Also, it was a random match on Smackdown, nobody cares besides him.

gently caress it. Fight the power, Dolph!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Great White Hope posted:

Nick Nameth will do fine as a name, I think.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have said this before, but do you guys really expect vince loving Mc Mahon to be rational and go on yeah ill push you or something. There is obviously something wrong internally with the company that they feel more comfortable going to Twitter than going to management.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

oatgan posted:

O/U 6.9 stupid apron bumps taken by dolph in his first 3 months in the indies

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SaberToothedPie posted:

O/U 6.9 stupid apron bumps taken by dolph per match in his first 3 months in the indies

ftfy

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

The_Rob posted:

I have said this before, but do you guys really expect vince loving Mc Mahon to be rational and go on yeah ill push you or something. There is obviously something wrong internally with the company that they feel more comfortable going to Twitter than going to management.

From biographies and interviews I've read over the years, often the best way to get something to change with Vince is go to him, pitch your idea, and hope it works. You do have to be the right guy at the right time, but it has worked for many in the past.

Still, bitching about it on Twitter does not help you one bit, and as we've seen just makes them want to bury you that much harder. Pro wrestlers are really dumb sometimes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

He's probably more worried about getting over with his followers than the office and at this point it's kind of a valid choice to make.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Batista posted:

From biographies and interviews I've read over the years, often the best way to get something to change with Vince is go to him, pitch your idea, and hope it works. You do have to be the right guy at the right time, but it has worked for many in the past.

Still, bitching about it on Twitter does not help you one bit, and as we've seen just makes them want to bury you that much harder. Pro wrestlers are really dumb sometimes.

Except fans literally wanted to see him and wwe said Nah. Why would he think he could go to anybody when they are editing the fans cheering for him out of the loving broadcast.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Batista posted:

I'm not disagreeing with you that bitching on Twitter is not productive, but how often have you talked to the CEO of the company you work at? Not everyone has a great rapport with Vince I'm sure.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

DeathChicken posted:

Well, he isn't wrong. Pointing out that the company will only get more pissy for saying that they're wrong is more an indictment of the company, not him.

Being a passive-aggressive baby is actually very wrong. There is no company in the world were bitching on social media is preferable to speaking with management. When you make a valid complaint in the wrong setting, your point is usually invalidated.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

He can't possibly get more aggressive-aggressive than making his complaints public and tagging every WWE twitter account under the sun.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
I watched the highlights of the match on WWE.com and there's a loud Let's Go Ziggler chant going on soooo

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Even John Cena said on Austin's podcast recently that WWE has such a walking-on-eggshells environment that everybody's scared to speak up.

And while Ryder went about it the wrong way, the idea that it's up to the talent to get over AND market themselves AND let the company know that they deserved to be pushed, even when entire arenas are chanting for them - basically to do all the work - is pretty screwy.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't the plan a disgruntled Miz/Dolph tag team? So it's probably a work.

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

OmegaBR posted:

Even John Cena said on Austin's podcast recently that WWE has such a walking-on-eggshells environment that everybody's scared to speak up.

And while Ryder went about it the wrong way, the idea that it's up to the talent to get over AND market themselves AND let the company know that they deserved to be pushed, even when entire arenas are chanting for them - basically to do all the work - is pretty screwy.

Well its like that anywhere in any job. If you expect just your hard work and results to speak for yourself then you are going to have a crappy life. Sometimes you just gotta ask for poo poo and say you can do it. If you expect your boss to just do it, then you are an idiot and don't deserve it.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Great White Hope posted:

I'm not sure TNA would even go so far as to hire a disgruntled former Muppet Workshop employee

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

BigT posted:

Well its like that anywhere in any job. If you expect just your hard work and results to speak for yourself then you are going to have a crappy life. Sometimes you just gotta ask for poo poo and say you can do it. If you expect your boss to just do it, then you are an idiot and don't deserve it.

Fundamentally this should be wrong, but the sad reality of our world today is that nepotism rules the roost.

You'd just think that the brass would be able to recognize an elementary principle of skill and popularity, since it's, y'know, kind of their whole job. Case in point, if every arena is chanting for Daniel Bryan, maybe put the title on him at some point instead of screwing him four straight PPV main events and then turning him heel. If they can't, they're idiots and don't deserve to be successful.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Fsmhunk posted:

Indications are that they've shelved the idea as they haven't done any follow up on the Miz and Ziggler promo's and Miz is off in a couple of months to film marine 4.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fsmhunk posted:

if there is a satisfying payoff of any kind for this at any point in the near future i will be very surprised, and as Mystery Opponent said you could very easily hear the ziggler chants so I have no idea what he's complaining about

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I'm no expert but I've never seen how chanting has directly effected wrestling (then again I never watched ECW). Now the Ziggler situation (which I'm not entirely sure actually happened because I remember Ziggler chants), and Dave. Bryan is like the applause sign for the higher midcard, he will only be champion when the chanting dies off (only to put Rusev over). Their hatred of organic chants makes me think that the Cena split crowd is a total fabrication.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't know the Ziggler/Miz thing had been scrapped, it goes without saying that there won't bee a satisfying payoff, it's WWE.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SaberToothedPie posted:

O/U 6.9 stupid apron bumps taken by dolph in his first 3 months in the indies
Oh god him vs BJ Whitmer would be double suicide :stonk:

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

If devitt goes to Wwe i want Ziggler to go to NJPW.

I mean he'd died, but gosh still.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

WRASSLIN-NEWZ posted:

Before losing to Batista on last night's SmackDown, Dolph Ziggler cut a promo on the WWE App about why he interrupted Batista earlier in the show. Dolph says talents were told there's no room for them at WrestleMania XXX. Here's what he said in his promo:

"It was a bold move on my part. Batista, he's been unstoppable but there's one thing that can't stop you in this business, in this day in age. No matter who says you're guaranteed a main event spot at WrestleMania, no matter who says you come back and we'll worship you, and kiss your feet and do everything in our power to make sure you're there, you leave out the WWE Universe. I'm someone who has made my entire career based on the WWE Universe. I wasn't supposed to be anybody, I was supposed to be a punching bag for guys on their way to the top. I was supposed to be someone who got laughed at and kicked in the face and people cheered. Somehow, someway, because of everything I've done, from 5 years old through high school, through college, everything I've ever wanted to be is the best. Whether I was in school standing up for other kids, I did it when I was in college as a captain of my team, I stood up for my team. Here in the WWE, I stand up for this entire roster. I can't make them be the Superstars they want to be but I can make an example and tonight, I made an example of Batista.

Some people have been handed opportunities. Some people are told, 'you're going to WrestleMania, no matter what you do, no matter who you are, we worship you and you're going to WrestleMania.' Some people are told straight to their face that they don't have what it takes, they can't be a headliner at WrestleMania. Tonight, not only do I stand up for myself, I stand up for every single Superstar who was told there's no room for you on WrestleMania. WrestleMania XXX, the biggest WrestleMania of all-time, people were told there's no room. Tonight, I make an example and I make room. Tonight, I become the next man in WrestleMania."

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

OmegaBR posted:

Fundamentally this should be wrong, but the sad reality of our world today is that nepotism rules the roost.

You'd just think that the brass would be able to recognize an elementary principle of skill and popularity, since it's, y'know, kind of their whole job. Case in point, if every arena is chanting for Daniel Bryan, maybe put the title on him at some point instead of screwing him four straight PPV main events and then turning him heel. If they can't, they're idiots and don't deserve to be successful.

Yeah, pretty much. I got laid off from a position in a small business several years ago after the owner sold it to a fellow employee. I wasn't let go to cut costs, either. The last thing they had me do was train my replacement: the new owner's niece.

Currently said owner is basically bleeding the business dry to the point that my old co-workers are trying to jump ship to any place that'll have them, including loving Wal-Mart.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I like one on one better, but maybe they should just load the midcard with multi man gimmick matches to give as many guys the spotlight as possible? Ziggler is being kind of whiny but right at the same time, in the end though it's not his company.

nm that was in a promo for the app.

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 2, 2014

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Heath Slater just posted this to his Twitter page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Writer Cath posted:

Heath Slater just posted this to his Twitter page.

It's the fourth man!